• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
So, news of the day: Official Artwork of Keldeo has been released, along with a tip-off perhaps comfirming an event to occur soon (this is old news, but it's good news):

Pokémon Black & White - Keldeo
Water/Fighting Type
Ability: Justified: Attack is raised by one stage when the Pokémon is hit by a Dark-type move
Event Move: Secret Sword: The user cuts with its long horn. The odd power contained in the horn does physical damage to the target.
Ah, so that's what happened to our original Oshawott final evolution (honestly, I was expecting Oshawott to become a part fighting type after seeing Dewott). Samurott's nice, but still...:c

I am still not too sure what to make of Keldo right now for Smash. It would be amusing to ride on the little horse/pony anyway. :bee:

D

Deleted member

I also love how you act so hostile around certain topics, going so far as if you have authority over Diddy or anyone for that matter.
Don't get started with me, bear. Especially if you're going to be a hypocrate that can't tell the difference between "HyperFalcon" and "GoldenYuiitusin". (We may both have gold colored sprites as avatars, but you should at least be able to tell the difference between Entei and Captain Falcon.)

EDIT: I know you're about to respond and start fighting me to prove you have a bigger e-peen, so I'm just going to tell you to drop it now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't get started with me, bear. Especially if you're going to be a hypocrate that can't tell the difference between "HyperFalcon" and "GoldenYuiitusin". (We may both have gold colored sprites as avatars, but you should at least be able to tell the difference between Entei and Captain Falcon.)
This post is self-evident. I'm jerking off to this post right now.

Asage, I was thinking of an alternative to the MvC3 type team. Street Fighter X Tekken and (presumably) Tekken Tag Tournament 2 have a mechanic where, at the cost of some meter (only in the former), the the player on point can switch out with on hit canceling with his or her partner to continue a combo. Would you prefer a similar mechanic applied to the Pokemon Trainer? I was thinking of this as possibility for the Zelda/Impa teaming, but I think this would kind of reflect the team matches in Pokemon better. If you were to go for the MvC3 type, you'd have to give the Trainer assists which would just seem weird and wouldn't reflect the Pokemon games that well.

BTW, did you see that Leo clip I posted?

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Keldeo would be AWSOME. He's the new victini XD. But really, if smash had victini riding on keldeo playable (along with pichus return) I wouldnt even care if impa or waluigi got in. I wouldn't even care if fricking conker got in.

:phone:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Row 3 Matchups:

Link-Zelda, Ganondorf
Zelda-Bowser, Ganondorf
Sheik-Fox, Wolf, Ness, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf
Shelda-D3, Fox, Wolf, Sheik, Ness, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf
Ganondorf-None(all matchups are 3/8 and less)
Toon Link-Ice Climbers, G&W, Peach, DK, Kirby, ROB, Sonic, Ike, Luigi, Ness, Yoshi, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf

GANONDORF. IS. ABYSMAL. And Toon Link is the god of the LoZ characters. And, stupidly enough, Sheik/Zelda together is strong against Sheik and Zelda. :glare:

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
At first everyone was "Zoroark!Zoroark!"
Then they where like "Victini!"
Now it's all "Keldeo FTW"

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
((@Kuma)))Don't get started with me, bear.
I trololol'd until I couldn't trololol anymore.

This post is self-evident. I'm jerking off to this post right now.
...Fascinating.

Asage, I was thinking of an alternative to the MvC3 type team. Street Fighter X Tekken and (presumably) Tekken Tag Tournament 2 have a mechanic where, at the cost of some meter (only in the former), the the player on point can switch out with on hit canceling with his or her partner to continue a combo. Would you prefer a similar mechanic applied to the Pokemon Trainer? I was thinking of this as possibility for the Zelda/Impa teaming, but I think this would kind of reflect the team matches in Pokemon better. If you were to go for the MvC3 type, you'd have to give the Trainer assists which would just seem weird and wouldn't reflect the Pokemon games that well.
This is a great idea, actually. Tweak it to fit Pokemon, and I may just love this idea. Here's my idea, see what you think.

All Pokemon's (B)v will have you play as the original, but the switch out goes behind or in front of the opponent, and knocks them away as you return the other Pokemon.

@Pichu Victini>Keldeo>Zoroark. That Monster Fox can go whine about her SHAME. Everyone knows Egyption Jackels and Nike are where it's at.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Krom is looking pretty tight. Loving his black and white design. I also cannot tell if his hair is an ink black or dark blue. Either way I am thinking it is possible he could be play the balanced Fire Emblem sword fighter in Smash. Beginning to believe he is not as much of a threat to Ike as I previously thought. Oh well, does not really matter. He looks cool, that is all that is important to me, as vain as that sounds.

[COLLAPSE="Too Large"]
[/COLLAPSE]

yani

Smash Lord
Yeah honestly Krom doesn't seem bad at all, I'm still really interested in a tag team FE character, forgot who suggested it

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is a great idea, actually. Tweak it to fit Pokemon, and I may just love this idea. Here's my idea, see what you think.

All Pokemon's (B)v will have you play as the original, but the switch out goes behind or in front of the opponent, and knocks them away as you return the other Pokemon.

@Pichu Victini>Keldeo>Zoroark. That Monster Fox can go whine about her SHAME. Everyone knows Egyption Jackels and Nike are where it's at.
I can't think of anything right now to tweak it some more to fit the games, but this is way more faithful than the MvC3 setup.

And I honestly have no idea what you're saying for your idea.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Row 4 Matchups:

Samus-Ike, Bowser, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf
ZSS-Ice Climbers, D3, G&W, DK, Kirby, ROB, Ike, Luigi, Ness, Yoshi, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf
Ice Climbers-Falco, Olimar, Pikachu, D3, G&W, Fox, DK, Kirby, Pit, Sonic, Ike, Shelda, Luigi, Sheik, Ness, Yoshi, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf
Pit-DK, Ike, Luigi, Ness, Yoshi, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf
ROB-Sonic, Ike, Luigi, Sheik, Ness, Yoshi, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf

Row 4 is probably the most balanced, with the clear exception of Samus. The Ice Climbers are the highest in this row, but aside from Samus, everyone is on the topside of the list.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I've also been thinking. Pretty sure Marth and Ike will both be the recipients of an aesthetic change in Smash 4. We will have Shadow Dragon Marth and Manly Dawn Brigade Ike.

D

Deleted member

Krom doesn't look as threatening to Ike as I thought. Still would rather have Roy and Leaf, but if Krom keeps looking not like an Ike 2.0, I won't mind him in.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I can't think of anything right now to tweak it some more to fit the games, but this is way more faithful than the MvC3 setup.

And I honestly have no idea what you're saying for your idea.
Like, say you're battling, and you wanna switch out. Press (B)v, and then the already out Pokemon will glow for a second, like Marth's counter. If you're hit, the staionary Pokemon will dodge it, then opponent gets stuck, and then will be hit by the switch-in Pokemon who's sent out behind the opponent, and then attacks them. The Pokemon that was already out then switches.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Like, say you're battling, and you wanna switch out. Press (B)v, and then the already out Pokemon will glow for a second, like Marth's counter. If you're hit, the staionary Pokemon will dodge it, then opponent gets stuck, and then will be hit by the switch-in Pokemon who's sent out behind the opponent, and then attacks them. The Pokemon that was already out then switches.
I don't like that, at this point we've only using vB for balancing, it could and should be put to taunt. As for a counter that will just have people spamming counter in hopes of getting hit so they can get someone else out there.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't like that, at this point we've only using vB for balancing, it could and should be put to taunt. As for a counter that will just have people spamming counter in hopes of getting hit so they can get someone else out there.
...Spy! *shot*

Seriously, I think you're right, but what else can you do that fits Smash culture?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Spy! *shot*

Seriously, I think you're right, but what else can you do that fits Smash culture?
Either a taunt or leave it as is. Both work fine.

I think the reason they make switching slow and tedious is also for balancing. If the point of the character is to use both, it should be challenging to play them the way they were designed.

That's why I'm completely against separating Combo characters like the PT or Zelda/Sheik. Samus and Zamus had one major problem; Why can Samus get her armor removed without a Smash Ball, and it didn't work the opposite way? That was lame.

Besides that, I love these kind of characters because they required strategy to use. Making it super easy takes away from that aspect.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sounds like alpha counters. Without some cost, I can see this being easily broken.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've also been thinking. Pretty sure Marth and Ike will both be the recipients of an aesthetic change in Smash 4. We will have Shadow Dragon Marth and Manly Dawn Brigade Ike.
Don't forget that Marth may finally speak english.

Krom is looking pretty tight. Loving his black and white design. I also cannot tell if his hair is an ink black or dark blue. Either way I am thinking it is possible he could be play the balanced Fire Emblem sword fighter in Smash. Beginning to believe he is not as much of a threat to Ike as I previously thought. Oh well, does not really matter. He looks cool, that is all that is important to me, as vain as that sounds.
Once My Unit was announced I don't see Krom as threating at all. I like how they got him a white cape though, it contrasts previous lords, but it would be nice if he didn't have blue hair as well (how boring).

I will admit though, he's still a major threat to Roy. If anything it really just comes down to what Krom can do.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Row 5 Matchups:

Kirby-Fox, Ike, Shelda, Luigi, Sheik, Yoshi, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf
Meta Knight-All characters EXCEPT Pikachu
Dedede-Snake, Marth, Wario, Lucario, Wolf, DK, ROB, Sonic, Ike, Luigi, Ness, Yoshi, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf
Olimar-Snake, Pikachu, Lucario, D3, ZSS, G&W, Toon Link, Fox, DK, Kirby, ROB, Sonic, Ike, Shelda, Luigi, Sheik, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf

This row is MADLY OVERPOWERED. 3 of them are in the top 15, with Meta Knight's WORST being a 4/8 matchup with Pikachu. Olimar is the seventh highest, D3 is thirteenth. Kirby is the only SEMI-fair one, being at about the middle of the cast, but he has so many good matchups that one would think he'd be up near D3.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
As much as I don't like being a parrot, yeah, Krom looks less like Ike. The game looks good. I'm just not that cool on the whole My Unit thing.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Row 5 Matchups:

Kirby-Fox, Ike, Shelda, Luigi, Sheik, Yoshi, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf
Meta Knight-All characters EXCEPT Pikachu
Dedede-Snake, Marth, Wario, Lucario, Wolf, DK, ROB, Sonic, Ike, Luigi, Ness, Yoshi, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf
Olimar-Snake, Pikachu, Lucario, D3, ZSS, G&W, Toon Link, Fox, DK, Kirby, ROB, Sonic, Ike, Shelda, Luigi, Sheik, PT, Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon, Link, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganondorf

This row is MADLY OVERPOWERED. 3 of them are in the top 15, with Meta Knight's WORST being a 4/8 matchup with Pikachu. Olimar is the seventh highest, D3 is thirteenth. Kirby is the only SEMI-fair one, being at about the middle of the cast, but he has so many good matchups that one would think he'd be up near D3.
This is confusing. :(

You may have to explain to me what you're thinking here.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I definitely agree with you guys. I loved the victory theme for Ness in the original Smash Bros. and in Melee. I would definitely like to see it return and let Lucas keep the Mother victory theme in SSB4.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shadow Dragon was in development around Brawl, with a planned international release and we didn't get no English Marth for it. So with the latest game he starred in Mystery of the Emblem being fully Japanese, don't expect him to speak anything but Japanese again.

I also actually want Ike over Chrome, but Ike could really use some revamps. Especially his B and Up B need new stuff.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
This is confusing. :(

You may have to explain to me what you're thinking here.
I'm basically putting all of the matchups based on tier position so I can make a point about balance. :p
Characters on the left have a 5/8 chance or higher of winning against the characters on the right.

D

Deleted member

We should rate the victory themes from the three Smashes. I'll make a template and give my answer later.

Super Mario Bros.:
Donkey Kong:
Legend of Zelda:
Metroid:
Yoshi's Island:
Kirby (excluding Meta Knight's):
StarFox:
Pokemon:
F-Zero:
Mother:
Ice Climber:
Fire Emblem: