• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganon using a sword depends on if he's planned on using one in the next Zelda me thinks.

:phone:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
God, you're stupid.

This has nothing to do with Ryu.
@HyperFalcon: Then there are hella combos in brawl, remember training mode doesn't abuse momentum canceling.

@Smashchu: Africa homie. It has nothing to do with Ryu. Are you telling me you can't tell that I'm more concerned about the fact of mis-info on Africa than some game character, it makes me wonder if you are reading my posts...haha
If you're not close to steam, you're not even mid-level. And please don't make baseless assumptions about Africa...my friend who recently moved from Kenya knows plenty about SF and Ryu.
What was that again?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I never said the Halo series was bad though :p

(Though in all honestly I can only stomach the first game since it's a really good one.)
I've been waiting for Halo 2 remake for life, but I do miss Blood Gluch... *sniff*

:urg:......i would trust gamers to know what good ideas are, but ...
sigh...
Ridley is... how should i put this, the size of TEXAS.
I mean did players NOT see Ridley in brawl?! I know Bowser can be huge in some games, but hes got an average size now'a days. Ridley IS a handsome side of beefcake.. but REALLY though? :glare:

even if we COULD make Ridley smaller, it just wouldn't be "Ridley" anymore :(
Wanna say that to Bowser?

This, grizby2, this.
i add you :awesome:
Gettin' yo friendship on Lol
Ganon using a sword depends on if he's planned on using one in the next Zelda me thinks.

:/ Considering the fact Ganondorf had a sword in almost all of the games he appeared in, I can't believe this.

I've got broncitus, stomach problems, and sleeping issues at the same time. I love you too, random fate.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If you think about it, the last time Ganondorf used a sword was in 2006. :awesome:

Not much of a reason to expect him to carry one in the next Smash. Didn't happen for Brawl, don't expect it to happen next time.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If you think about it, the last time Ganondorf used a sword was in 2006. :awesome:

Not much of a reason to expect him to carry one in the next Smash. Didn't happen for Brawl, don't expect it to happen next time.
Exactly. But hey, can't argue with what he ha...ssssnevermind.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
To continue off of Oasis's point, I don't think they are going to overhaul a character's moveset for that. Moves will be changed, but the integrity of the character will remain.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
TP Ganon used a sword.

Hell, WW Ganon used a pair of them. >_> It's starting to get a little inexcusable that we don't get a swordfish Ganon.
He also uses a Trident in Link to the Past, Oracle of the Ages/Season, and Link Four Swords. OOT Ganondorf also has a dagger at his side. Phantom Ganon also had a spear and the shadow Ganon in Link's Awakening also used a trident.

Personally I like Ganondorf's being a hand to hand. It's like him saying "I don't need a weapon to beat you." but I would rather see a Trident Ganon then a sword weilding ganondorf.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
TP Ganon used a sword.

Hell, WW Ganon used a pair of them. >_> It's starting to get a little inexcusable that we don't get a swordfish Ganon.
Those games where released before Brawl, not this game. And look what we got in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

I was bored so I'm looking at shorties current poll results, aNd here are the newcomers with the most votes in each section-

Mario-Toad
DK- King K. Rool
Wario- Ashley
Yoshi-Kamek
Zelda- Ghirahim
Kirby- (Bandana) Waddle Dee
Pokemon- Mewtwo
Metroid- Ridley
Starfox- Krystal
FZero- Samurai Goroh
Fire Emblem- Roy
Earthbound- Claus
Kid Icarus- Medusa
Smaller Franchises- Little Mac
Third Party- Mega Man

Imagine if these were the Newcomers. Everybody wins.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah. Am disagreeing with a few of them, and especially don't feel anything for 2 Zelda one offs. Ghirahim and... You know who would be great, but not Ghirahim AND Sheik. Then again, feel like Ghirahim isn't actually all too likely. Neither is Roy I feel (if we have a 3rd FE char, its Ike). But I pretty much agree with the rest.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@GY Mewtwo isn't a newcomer, he'd be a returning vetran...

So, with some new people around, here's the agreed Pokemon roster:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Deoxys
Lucario
Victini

THEN everyone wins. But I'mma make a vote: Who here wants Deoxys for Sm4sh, anyways? If there aren't many, I will replace him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd wanna replace Jiggz with Pokemon Trainer. THEN, I'd be completely satisfied.

Well, and I'd probably still want Zoroark over Victini. Sorry, lack a real opinion cause I didn't play B/W but still, I see more potential in Zoroark. And I'd probably still take Jiggz over Lucario.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Missingno evolves into Kanghaskhan lolz.

And yeah, I want Jiggz to. I'd only put Pokémon Trainer before Victini or Lucario.

In all actuality, I'd put Jiggz over Victini rather than Lucario. Cause even though B/W sold well I don't REALLY find a newcomer as necessary this time around. I don't really think either Zoroark or Victini can match Lucario's popularity, and especially not Mewtwo's.

Then again, just give me Mewtwo and I'm cool.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sounds like a perfect roster to me, Asage. As for Shortie's, acceptable, not the best, though.

Also, Ridley isn't too big, but perhaps his tail is too LONG and has horrifyingly good range. Atleast use that argument if you're going to dismiss him.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Those games where released before Brawl, not this game. And look what we got in Brawl.

That's the point, we totally could have had a new Ganondorf, instead we got a Fat-*** Luigificated Falcon.

Also, in my last post, I meant "swordish" and not "swordfish".

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We should've had a new Ganon, but didn't get him. We should've had a more unique Link / Toon Link, we didn't. Zelda should've used her rapier, but she didn't... Sheik should've got replaced, but she didn't.

Hence my obstination on the Zelda roster. Change is GOOD in this case, as long as Link, Zelda (alone) and Ganon are still there, revamped and seriously buffed up.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
In all actuality, I'd put Jiggz over Victini rather than Lucario. Cause even though B/W sold well I don't REALLY find a newcomer as necessary this time around. I don't really think either Zoroark or Victini can match Lucario's popularity, and especially not Mewtwo's.

Then again, just give me Mewtwo and I'm cool.

No, having Lucario instead of Zoroark is okay. Saying that Lucario's presence beats the reasoning for a 5th gen newcomer isn't accurate because Victini has a way different playstyle than all three, Mewtwo included. That's why I agree with what SSBF said. People would rather play as Lucario than Zoroark.

Popularity vs Relevancy. True story, bro.

Sounds like a perfect roster to me, Asage. As for Shortie's, acceptable, not the best, though.
Yeah, if we could rid that god forsaken pink marshmellow :snake: we could add better characters.

Also, forgot to mention, I made a new avi. I've been working with effects more, and it's lookin' good.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not saying Lucario alone is good enough for a new representation, I just feel a new representation isn't really as necessary as the new characters don't really match Lucario or Mewtwo in popularity.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't really feel that way, then again, I didn't play B/W.

All I care about Pokemon wise is if Mewtwo makes it or not. A better revamped Trainer also would be mad

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I kinda guess Victini is good to have, but we'd have an extreme light weight Pokemon yet again. It's maybe insignificant, but having Pika (who I feel should be lighter and smaller in the first place), Jiggz (same with Chu, just slightly less), Squirtle AND Victini would be light weight Pogeyman over kill. There's also Mewtwo, who SHOULD be heavy but there's a big chance Sakurai won't give a ****. And I swear, if Mewtwo will be LIGHTER than f-ing Ivysaur I'll be one mad ape.

So if you wanna convince me that's cool, but I'd rather have Zoroark still up untill now

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I kinda guess Victini is good to have, but we'd have an extreme light weight Pokemon yet again. It's maybe insignificant, but having Pika (who I feel should be lighter and smaller in the first place), Jiggz (same with Chu, just slightly less), Squirtle AND Victini would be light weight Pogeyman over kill. There's also Mewtwo, who SHOULD be heavy but there's a big chance Sakurai won't give a ****. And I swear, if Mewtwo will be LIGHTER than f-ing Ivysaur I'll be one mad ape.

Gonna check your vid now though.

To be fair, Mewtwo's weight was screwed up for balance, so no doubt if Victini got in, he might be heavier than he looks, which isn't bad, so long as he's not too heavy. Tbh, I might put him right under Mario's weight.

And the video's nothing special. It's just a Youtube alliance vid, which isn't
going well.

You may wanna check out my Victini blog, the VVV. I'll send a link in a second.

EDIT: Click Here.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, if we could rid that god forsaken pink marshmellow :snake: we could add better characters.
I love playing as Jigglypuff, so no. Also, original 12, and still one of the coolest characters in the game. She's challenging to play as due to a lack of a recovery MOVE for height. I like her because of that alone.

Also, forgot to mention, I made a new avi. I've been working with effects more, and it's lookin' good.
Nice.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I love playing as Jigglypuff, so no. Also, original 12, and still one of the coolest characters in the game. She's challenging to play as due to a lack of a recovery MOVE for height. I like her because of that alone.
Yeah, no ****, that's why the assumed rules are bs.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
To be fair, Mewtwo's weight was screwed up for balance, so no doubt if Victini got in, he might be heavier than he looks, which isn't bad, so long as he's not too heavy. Tbh, I might put him right under Mario's weight.

And the video's nothing special. It's just a Youtube alliance vid, which isn't
going well.

You may wanna check out my Victini blog, the VVV. I'll send a link in a second.

EDIT: Click Here.
You first said he would be lighter than current Pikachu right? But seeing his defences are pretty good, middle weight would work as well.

Gonna check that vid now.

D

Deleted member

Sorry, I'll have to decline from the Victini hype.
In the games, it was only useful to me until I got Reshiram, and the movie didn't make me want it in Smash like Lucario's did.

EDIT: And Sakurai HAS proven within Brawl that he finds the "perfect attendees" as he calls them (what we know as the "Original 12") to be important.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Until that assumed rule is proven otherwise, I'm sticking to it.
I don't get that. Many MANY people think just because they (IC and Jiggz) were there since SSB64, they're obvious VIP members. Now, characters like Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Pikachu, I'll agree on, but characters like IC and Jiggz just isn't right.

You first said he would be lighter than current Pikachu right? But seeing his defences are pretty good, middle weight would work as well.

Gonna check that vid now.

At first, yeah, so I decided his weight is right above Mario now.

Go ahead. Listen to epic music. Maybe a like/comment?

@GY Maybe because Victini didn't fight much? But still, personalities differ from anime VS games, and Victini in-game awaits challengers, liek a baws.

I'm not a furry, but this is awesome.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't get that. Many MANY people think just because they (IC and Jiggz) were there since SSB64, they're obvious VIP members. Now, characters like Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Pikachu, I'll agree on, but characters like IC and Jiggz just isn't right.
They only need two games to become a mainstay.(as Playable characters anyway)

And read what Sakurai said as well. He loves every character in Brawl. That includes Jigglypuff. Honestly, if Jigglypuff wasn't important at all, don't you think Plusle & Minun would've gotten the spot instead? She just wasn't important to the SSE, but is still a major character in the game itself.

And really, Ice Climbers gone? Who are 100% unique? I mean, some of the Mewtwo's stuff was done already, so he wasn't completely unique(just mostly), but Ice Climbers? Yeah, no.

Pichu is the only character that Sakurai has shown little liking for. Everybody else, he likes. Even characters he makes up himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom