• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
They only need two games to become a mainstay.(as Playable characters anyway)

And read what Sakurai said as well. He loves every character in Brawl. That includes Jigglypuff. Honestly, if Jigglypuff wasn't important at all, don't you think Plusle & Minun would've gotten the spot instead? She just wasn't important to the SSE, but is still a major character in the game itself.

And really, Ice Climbers gone? Who are 100% unique? I mean, some of the Mewtwo's stuff was done already, so he wasn't completely unique(just mostly), but Ice Climbers? Yeah, no.

Pichu is the only character that Sakurai has shown little liking for. Everybody else, he likes. Even characters he makes up himself.
I know how popular they are, and I know Sakurai is the loving father of'em all, so to speak, but seriously, as my opinion I still don't like both of them. It may not make a difference, but there are more worthy-noted characters that can replace them with similar movesets. Ice Climbers can be replaced by a tag-team in a heartbeat. Baby Mario/Luigi, Kat and Ana, Pichu Bros., Minun and Plusle, Classic Sonic/Tails, or even Baby Peach/Daisy. If there wasn't moveset replacing, Jiggz<Everything else.

Just my opinion, which doesn't matter. But seriously, I hate them both. In otherwords, it's what I wish happened, just for the sake of character space.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not necessary, but if you want a new character to take over the playatyle, its the best solution.

Another week..? Everyone agreeing with that?

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know how popular they are, and I know Sakurai is the loving father of'em all, so to speak, but seriously, as my opinion I still don't like both of them. It may not make a difference, but there are more worthy-noted characters that can replace them with similar movesets. Ice Climbers can be replaced by a tag-team in a heartbeat. Baby Mario/Luigi, Kat and Ana, Pichu Bros., Minun and Plusle, Classic Sonic/Tails, or even Baby Peach/Daisy. If there wasn't moveset replacing, Jiggz<Everything else.

Just my opinion, which doesn't matter. But seriously, I hate them both. In otherwords, it's what I wish happened, just for the sake of character space.
I disagree there's more worthy, plain and simple. And character space? No, that's a magical number people make up. Also, no, there's no legit reason to replace the Ice Climbers, atleast one you've come up with. We can have more than one Tag Team. By that logic, let's just replacing them with the Hammer Bros.

No, wait, we're replacing an entire series. That's just a horrible idea by itself. Going to say 100% no.

And popularity is kind of important to have characters in Smash too. A minority not liking the characters won't do anything at all.

I agree with what GY said. Replacing Sheik is the same thing as Add Impa now. Since that's the only reason to replace her. They go hand in hand.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I am beginning to think people have no idea what a cultural phenomenon Layton has become in Japan.
In the process of picking up a DS now, I'll certainly make that a Priority buy.

I'm not sure if I can speak on behalf of Cult Fandom at Large, but for Japan's sake...they tend to take care of their own.

In time good sir, in time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik could be replaced by Tingle, Vaati or Ghirahim instead of You Know Who, but You Know Who would be the most similar to her playstyle.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sheik could be replaced by Tingle, Vaati or Ghirahim instead of You Know Who, but You Know Who would be the most similar to her playstyle.

How about just adding them instead? A 5th(or 6th character) slot is acceptable. It's not like they don't have enough room. Sakurai planned for 5 slots in Brawl as is. Only 4 made it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah, I vote for Hyrule Tier revamps, a Sheik replacement :awesome: and a more unique Toon Link or a new character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Toon Link is still unique enough. 7 moves isn't really a full clone material.

And Sheik being revamped(without a new name or replacement) is fine with me.

Tingle would be great, agreed. Vaati... eh. Another swordsman, or an abomination? Sounds perfect for a kickass boss. Ghirahim, maybe. My main reason is avoiding one-offs with no plans for them to come back or when it's impossible for them to come back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1 extra week is fine, not two.

Sheik won't ever be revamped I believe. They did their best already in Brawl with that with that side B recovery.

Sheik actually is impossible to bring back...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd have believed that if Sakurai didn't think of adding a Toon Sheik. He redesigned Pit, so he could re-designed Sheik. Hell, they could've made a SS Concept Art for Sheik for all we know. We don't know anything of that. It's not impossible.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It would spoil the plot immediately. I don't expect that to happen for another 10 years or so.

D

Deleted member

Again, Improbable =/= Impossible

After all, TP was going to have Sheik.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Highly unlikely to the point just about every other character has a bigger chance of returning to the series... That's Sheik in a nutshell. She wasn't scrapped from TP for no reason. Said this before but, if she was seriously considered, she could've returned in Skyward Sword.

D

Deleted member

And I've said before that it would make no sense.

It would be a paper thin disguise to Ghirahim. Whether Zelda was disguised as Sheik, Tetra, or simply weaing a "I'm not Zelda" t-shirt, Ghirahim would see right through it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You Know Who disagrees. And then again, why would Ghirahim be able to sence Sheik, but not Ganondorf? If anything it would've made sence to have Sheik there, as Impa's travelling companion and all...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Because Ganondorf doesn't exist yet? Hell, we don't even know who his birth mother is. Or birth father.

Impa could've taught Zelda how to be Sheik in SS as well. They chose not to. For whatever reason.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He had two birth mothers; Twinrova. And if Ganondorf (who even had a piece of the Triforce) couldn't sence Zelda as Sheik, why would Ghirahim be able to do such?

They probably didn't find Sheik necessary cause Impa was there. Even though she was considered in TP, but scrapped. I just don't think its likely for her to return. And I'd she does, it'll probably be in the next game

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Technically, Twinrova herself is the surrogate mother, not either of the sisters. That'd be a bit too weird. Still doesn't explain the father. In addition, it suggests that his father was married to someone else.

Zelda's magical powers allow her to hide using the Triforce. Zelda had no Triforce in SS. Adding Sheik would not make a difference without the Triforce. As for Ganondorf, we know nothing about his observation skills. He probably couldn't harness his piece to find Zelda. Remember, his piece is POWER, not Wisdom. He's only going off of his own intelligence. Zelda's is Wisdom, so it could've indeed given her greater thoughts and spells.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zelda didn't had the Triforce, but... She had her own thing going on. Which might easily match just one Triforce part for all we know. Gdorf DID sence Zelda straight ahead when she revealed herself, so its not like he couldn't do it at all. But yeah, Sheik not being in SS is not much of a big deal, its her overall absence in Zelda.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Has it been two days already? :urg:

And just when I thought the thread was getting back on track.

D

Deleted member

Also remember that Ganondorf resorted to kidnapping every pointed eared girl in Wind Waker, so it shows that he CAN'T sense Zelda's presense.
Hell, it wasn't until he tried to kill Tetra that he realized that she was Zelda!!!

Ghirahim, on the other hand, CAN sense Zelda's presense.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm not sure who makes worse points. Falcon or Diddy?

Why did they have to name themselves after characters. So confusing.

Oasis_Samus? Oasis_Sheik? Oasis_Snake?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also remember that Ganondorf resorted to kidnapping every pointed eared girl in Wind Waker, so it shows that he CAN'T sense Zelda's presense.
Hell, it wasn't until he tried to kill Tetra that he realized that she was Zelda!!!

Ghirahim, on the other hand, CAN sense Zelda's presense.
That's true though...

Well, Ghirahim wasn't the reason Sheik wasn't in SS anyways. He also could've not have those sensing powers so Sheik would fit in :/

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Then Ghirahim would lose his badassness. Or maybe they didn't think(the Zelda Team, not Sakurai) that Sheik had any reason to bother with costume. I don't know exactly.

Did Zelda get kidnapped by Ghirahim early on? For that matter, did she try to escape with Impa while Ghirahim made it clear he was going after her? Because that's a major reason why the story worked that way in OOT.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, news of the day: Official Artwork of Keldeo has been released, along with a tip-off perhaps comfirming an event to occur soon (this is old news, but it's good news):

Pokémon Black & White - Keldeo

The final image of CoroCoro has been released. This image, as usual, provides a teaser into what will be contained in next month's issue. This teaser states that in the next issue, due for release on March 15th, there is to be another bit of surprise information. This information is said to not just be about Keldeo, with it stating it will post "more than the report of Keldeo". It is likely that the distribution details of Keldeo will be given in the issue, but it is unknown what else they will reveal. We'll provide more information as and when it comes.

Keldeo, the Colt Pokemon
Water/Fighting Type
Ability: Justified: Attack is raised by one stage when the Pokémon is hit by a Dark-type move
Event Move: Secret Sword: The user cuts with its long horn. The odd power contained in the horn does physical damage to the target.
Fighting type, 85 POW, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP

It crosses the world, running over the surfaces of oceans and rivers. It appears at scenic waterfronts. By blasting water from its hooves, it can glide across water. It excels at using leg moves while battling.

Max Stats (With useful Nature):
HP: 292 - 386 Attack: 163 - 267 Defense: 203 - 306 Sp.Att: 289 - 392 Sp.Def: 203 - 306 Speed: 243 - 346

D

Deleted member

Back with some ambigulatory Keldeo 4 Sm4sh statements. :troll:

EDIT: Now with artwork.

D

Deleted member

Actually, I've been thinking more and more about Keldeo, and I'm starting to like the idea...

More official artwork
As a bonus, for a FS, Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion could appear and combine their power into a Secret Sword, seeing as they were the ones that taught Keldeo the technique.

D

Deleted member

I got that narrowed down, though they actually can't learn it themselves=???
That's the wierd thing.
Although, it isn't uncommon in media for someone not able to perform a technique, but able to teach it to someone who can.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It would spoil the plot immediately. I don't expect that to happen for another 10 years or so.

Depends on the execution. If Zelda says she'll take on a disguise or something, then Sheik wouldn't spoil the splot. Not only that, but this proposed Sheik could be a red herring, meaning Zelda isn't Sheik but someone else entirely.

GY
You gotta take context into account. The Zelda in Skyward Sword was a
reincarnation of the goddess Hylia, something the other Zeldas have never been. They've had the blood of the goddess in them, but that's about it. Ghirahim knew Hylia so detecting her would be easier than to find someone who is a descendent.

I also love how you act so hostile around certain topics, going so far as if you have authority over Diddy or anyone for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom