• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I saw a much worse picture of those two on dA. If you saw it, I bet you know what I'm talking about.
No, I don't know what you are talking about. You mean a picture of those two women in the costumes, or a picture someone drew of Palutena and Medusa?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Palutena and Medusa.

Or rather, I should say "Patulena."

Don't go searching, all you young'ns.

(that means you, YOUNG horsetail)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Thank you Aether for making our eyes bleed.

On a new topic, I strongly expect Rhythm Heaven to be the next Animal Crosssing for Smash 4. The series is massively popular in Japan, however, it does not really have a stand out character. However, I am expecting the series to have both a stage and an Assist Trophy.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That picture makes me want to do terrible things to my own eyes, and the eyes of everyone around me. Please make it go away.

I <3 Palutena so much, but...nooooo!

I also wanted to point out, for those poll results a few pages back, K. Rool being the most requested character (via that thread) fills me with ALL of the joy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't see anything exceptionally bad, unless it many pages in.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You have to mean this.
[COLLAPSE="HIDE YOUR EYES"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[collapse= MY EYEEESSS]
[/collapse]

Oh, and I sended this to Palutena herself.

This is what she replied back:

Chrono: I'm quite expecting the same about Rhythm Heaven's representation. I've played both titles in the series so far (too much!!!) and I'm so looking for Rhythm Heaven Fever.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Morning, everyone. I got the CoroCoro news. It was just an update of the Pokemon Crossover game. Here's the deails:

CoroCoro scans are starting to come off of various online sources. The first of these scans confirm that the battles you have are in the 6 VS 6 battles, using 1 Pokémon per trainer, but with multiple trainers in each area. Once you defeat the leaders of each of the 17 castles, you take the castle for yourself. You make new Pokémon friends and befriend the leaders by increasing your strength. You also have the ability to battle with friends across the Nintendo WiFi Connection and wireless play
We'll bring more, including larger images, when they come. The release date is also confirmed to be March 17th 2012 and will retail at 5,800 Yen. It also revealed new warrior leaders and their Pokémon
Hideyoshi has Monferno (but is seen in the trailer with Infernape
Motonari has Servine
Motochika has Dewott

Peace for now.

Thought of something about Nook.

Maybe he should sell things to earn "Bells". The more bells he has, the more powerful tools he gets.

Makes sense?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Maybe he should sell things to earn "Bells". The more bells he has, the more powerful tools he gets.

Makes sense?
"Would you like to buy this table?"

"...Right now? We're in the middle of a fight!"

"I don't care. Do you want to buy this table?"

"Uh, sure, I guess..."

"FOOL! YOU'VE JUST MADE ME MORE POWERFUL! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

:awesome:

:phone:

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
so I was just thinking, since this thread is soooooo active, I'd post my "really want to be in the next game and are most probable to get in" list. it's pretty short lol

banjo & kazooie
turok

yep, that's it lol what do you think? I think banjo and kazooie are an EASY addition, wondering why they haven't already been in it. I think turok would almost be like snake, a boss with mad projectile skill and great hand to hand

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
so I was just thinking, since this thread is soooooo active, I'd post my "really want to be in the next game and are most probable to get in" list. it's pretty short lol

banjo & kazooie
turok

yep, that's it lol what do you think? I think banjo and kazooie are an EASY addition, wondering why they haven't already been in it. I think turok would almost be like snake, a boss with mad projectile skill and great hand to hand
Banjo and Kazooie are unfortunately owned by Microsoft now, which heavily decreases their chances. :(
Quite a shame really... If only Nintendo had the rights... :c

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Thanks for posting all that, Oasis! Especially that little bolded tidbit :cool:

I'd love to see Mach Rider and Takamaru resurrected and revamped. As a matter of fact, wouldn't it be awesome if Sakurai included both of those two in Smash?! :reverse:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
One thing to keep in mind for the Zelda series is that Aonuma and the Zelda team has input in regards to Smash Bros. They were the ones who actually gave Sakurai's team the Sheik design for Brawl (which was originally a scrapped design for Sheik in Twilight Princess). If Ghirahim or Impa were to have a plausible shot at getting in, it would have to come at the suggestion of the Zelda team.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It would be nice.

Hmm, but I wonder what will come to Starfy and lesser extent, Lip... (-i^i-);;

Chrono: Is that so? That actually explains why Link felt so himself from the games, not having any of "Sakurai"-vibe in it. (-l,l-)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I was thinking... If Zoroark does come in as a newcomer, should Zoroark be a "she" and talk? I think it'd be fine, but you be da judge. I thought maybe Victini would talk, but he/she doesn't.

Victini said:
Everyday, I'm Tata'in.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The Victini quote there just made that the post of the day so far, Asage. :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
One thing to keep in mind for the Zelda series is that Aonuma and the Zelda team has input in regards to Smash Bros. They were the ones who actually gave Sakurai's team the Sheik design for Brawl (which was originally a scrapped design for Sheik in Twilight Princess). If Ghirahim or Impa were to have a plausible shot at getting in, it would have to come at the suggestion of the Zelda team.
Which is why Impa is pretty likely.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yes, I am starting to think now we might not even get a trailer for Smash 4 at E3 2012. Looks like we will be doing speculation in the dark for possibly up to 1.5 years.

If we do get something about Smash Bros. at E3 2012, it will be some vague details about it.
Watch as Universe is the official title. :awesome:
Super Smash Bros. Wii U may sound dull, but I'm game if that turns out to be the official name.

[collapse=Image]
[/collapse]

I'unno. Got a bit of side-boob there.

Pit's looking right at it with that effed up face of his.
It is pretty amazing what anime-styled artwork can dish out.

So, I was thinking... If Zoroark does come in as a newcomer, should Zoroark be a "she" and talk? I think it'd be fine, but you be da judge. I thought maybe Victini would talk, but he/she doesn't.
87.5% of Zoroark are males though, so I'd probably expect Zoroark to have a more masculine voice.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oop. Nope. Other people are talking about it:

AR Cards instead of trophies confirmed?

Oh goodness, please be Mach Rider.
If it's AR Cards. I freaking called it.

Makes sense?
Let me guess, you got the idea from Frank West?/ Personally, I've never been fond of leveling up characters outside of things like Hakan's Oil Barrel.

D

Deleted member

@asage94: Zoroark would indeed be female.

@ChronoBound: Remember Ike-Sama? He was a huge Ike fanboy.

D

Deleted member

Apology for double posting.

@Shortiecanbrawl: Late response, but while Toad does fall for not having strong roles, I was referring to importance of Toad in the series and despite the usually small role, Toad is an important and integrated part of the Super Mario Bros. series that can't be remove.

As for your criteria, I think Victini fits in #2, #3, and #4. As for #1, I have no idea how this would apply to a Pokemon, but I guess he works there as well (he does after all have two movies behind his belt, is 000# on the Unova Pokedex, and is on a Pokemon Center Logo.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That criteria...

Hmmm...

Mascot of his series. #1: Check.

Paper form of Nintendo's figurehead. #2: Check. ( :troll: )

Use of partners and other abilities that regular Mario has not. #3: Check.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door(and the original) have been hailed by many to be the best game on their respective consoles. #4: Check.

Well, would ya look at that... Paper Mario has a shot. :troll:

ManicRaider

Smash Cadet
It seems like the discussion has cooled down a bit. Perfect time for me to ask if anyone thinks that there are any American video game characters worthy to join the game? Just curious.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It seems like the discussion has cooled down a bit. Perfect time for me to ask if anyone thinks that there are any American video game characters worthy to join the game? Just curious.
Aren't all of them American at some point? :troll:
But seriously, I don't know that much. :awesome:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
87.5% of Zoroark are males though, so I'd probably expect Zoroark to have a more masculine voice.
Watch "Zoroark the Master of Illusions" movie. That'll explain why she should be a she. Plus with that Ponytail and facemarks, it'd make more sense. Plus we haven't had a comfirmed Female PKMN character, and I know we need more females.

D

Deleted member

@Manic Rider: I can't think of any good American-only characters.
ChronoBound said:
Does anyone else think the artwork I linked to strongly resembles Ike?

I have been saying that Intelligent Systems may be aiming to turn the mercenary lord into an arche-type for the Fire Emblem series.
Chris to me seems like a mix between Marth and Ike if you ask me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Watch "Zoroark the Master of Illusions" movie. That'll explain why she should be a she. Plus with that Ponytail and facemarks, it'd make more sense. Plus we haven't had a comfirmed Female PKMN character, and I know we need more females.
I believe Ivysaur was a girl in the Japanese Brawl. Jigglypuff is definitely a girl unless he's also fabulous.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@Manic Rider: I can't think of any good American-only characters.Chris to me seems like a mix between Marth and Ike if you ask me.
Chris? More like Mike? :troll:

Obviously the hair is more similar to Marth's in terms of style, but the outfit he is wearing looks almost the same as Ike's (sans the cape and bandanna).

75% of Jigglypuffs are female, so chances are Smash's Jigglypuff is most likely a female one.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If you mean characters like Mike Jones and Rayman who are American/European exclusive video game characters, I highly doubt that would happen since the Japanese (Specifically the Japanese Super Smash Bros. Fanbase and Nintendo of Japan) wouldn't know who they are or where they are from.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I believe Ivysaur was a girl in the Japanese Brawl. Jigglypuff is definitely a girl unless he's also fabulous.
I say there are two Jigglypuffs. Male Jigglypuff is the fighter, Female Jigglypuff helps KO'd characters recover. :awesome:

I only thought of this because Chansey left. :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Apology for double posting.
@Shortiecanbrawl: Late response, but while Toad does fall for not having strong roles, I was referring to importance of Toad in the series and despite the usually small role, Toad is an important and integrated part of the Super Mario Bros. series that can't be remove.
Generally speaking, he's not that important, no matter how often he's shown up in those small roles. At least within the core Mario series. It's probably the combination of non-core titles, Super Mario Bros 2, and NSMBWii that have given him so much attention. Only in SMB2 does he really shine and isn't just a placeholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom