• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
^Peach has a lot more options now than from the pre-Melee days. Nintendo really did need to scrape the barrel back then as they even needed to give Toad to Peach for a move (also where did the Peach Bomber come from?).

If Toad was made playable, I see either one of the following happening to Peach:

1. Toadsworth is her new standard special. Same function as Toad; however, it is just Toadsworth. Perhaps he can use his cane to counter attack? :awesome: He serves better as Peach's assistant as he is more closer to Peach than Toad is.

2. Peach gets a new move from Super Princess Peach. Vibe powers or even the Parasol (charging shot attack?) can be used here. SPP was not represented in Brawl, and I believe it might have been due to the fact that it was released during Brawl's development.

3. A heart? Spinning hearts have been associated with Peach and can work as a defensive counter in some games (like in MK:DD).

3. Another Toad. Toads are generic...it is a possibility that while Toad becomes playable another Toad will still be her move.

Generally speaking, he's not that important, no matter how often he's shown up in those small roles. At least within the core Mario series. It's probably the combination of non-core titles, Super Mario Bros 2, and NSMBWii that have given him so much attention. Only in SMB2 does he really shine and isn't just a placeholder.
You have to admit that he still sticks out in the core series after the main four. I'll admit that he is not always important; however, he is still an integral part of the Mario series. After the main four, it is generally Toad himself who comes next (Yoshi comes close, but he appears less). Toad is notable; however, he and his roles are generally overlooked in some games by some people. If anything, Toad represents the supporting role of the series and his frequent appearances (some with little importance) is part of his charm.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It begins...
But didn't Oasis and I start this already just the other day? :p

Does anyone else think the artwork I linked to strongly resembles Ike?

I have been saying that Intelligent Systems may be aiming to turn the mercenary lord into an arche-type for the Fire Emblem series.
Somewhat I guess, but either way this just shows how much IS likes Ike and wants him to live on in some form. Either way My Unit won't be happening.

BWT, why are we talking about Pokemon genders?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You have to admit that he still sticks out in the core series after the main four. I'll admit that he is not always important; however, he is still an integral part of the Mario series. After the main four, it is generally Toad himself who comes next (Yoshi comes close, but he appears less). Toad is notable; however, he and his roles are generally overlooked in some games. If anything, Toad represents the supporting role of the series and his frequent appearances (some with little importance) is part of his charm.
Toad is the eighth in the Big Eight.

Trufax.

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong
6. Wario
7. Yoshi
8. Toad

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
But didn't Oasis and I start this already just the other day. :p

Somewhat I guess, but either way this just shows how much IS likes Ike and wants him to live on in some form. Either way My Unit won't be happening.

BWT, why are we talking about Pokemon genders?
Because MASG and Asage were talking about Zoroark's gender. :p

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Somewhat? The outfit is nearly the same as Ike's.

Also, I know that the My Unit has no chance.

What this means (in conjunction to Chrome) is that IS want to turn the mercenary lord into an arche-type.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I do agree Peach needs some new moves.

It would be cool to see Toad get in as a playable this time.

I'd like to see Peach have more moves from Super Princess Peach.

By the way has any one seen the Mario Party 9 Box art yeat?

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Somewhat? The outfit is nearly the same as Ike's.

Also, I know that the My Unit has no chance.

What this means (in conjunction to Chrome) is that IS want to turn the mercenary lord into an arche-type.
Sorry, but I only see some resemblance to Ike. Maybe it's the lack of a cape and bandana?

IMO, this does show that IS wants Ike to live on in some form (same could be said for Marth when comparing him to the lords of FE4-5, and maybe Roy). Either way, I doubt they would cut the original for a clone.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sorry, but I only see some resemblance to Ike. Maybe it's the lack of a cape and bandana?
Yes. The My Unit has almost the same outfit as Ike sans the cape and bandanna.

Chrome's outfit also has a resemblance to that of Radiant Dawn's Ike (particularly the aspect of having one bare arm, while having the other completely armored).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Could have been CLEVER MARKETING. To have him look like Ike, which he totally does, might have been beneficial since Ike would have gained so much recognition from Brawl.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Alternatively, it could just be Author Appeal. Everyone knows about Tetsuya Nomura and his love for belts and zippers.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Alternatively, it could just be Author Appeal. Everyone knows about Tetsuya Nomura and his love for belts and zippers.
I guess.

Still it beats the guy who did the artwork for the first FE. He didn't like drawing pants. :troll:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The Tellius arc, the Akaneia remakes, and FE13 all have different designers.

Speaking of Nomura, he has basically done nothing this generation. Versus XIII has become the Japanese equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever, and Kingdom Hearts III was a no show.

D

Deleted member

Could have been CLEVER MARKETING. To have him look like Ike, which he totally does, might have been beneficial since Ike would have gained so much recognition from Brawl.
Perhaps, but it could also backfire if the similarity turns people off.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
On a side note, apparently Roy won a poll in Nintendo Dream about who Japanese player's favorite character of the GBA Fire Emblem trilogy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Watch "Zoroark the Master of Illusions" movie. That'll explain why she should be a she. Plus with that Ponytail and facemarks, it'd make more sense. Plus we haven't had a comfirmed Female PKMN character, and I know we need more females.
I saw the Zoroark movie, so I already know that that Zoroark is a female. I'm only saying that because the odds of getting a male Zoroark are 87.5%, it makes more sense for it to have a masculine voice for Smash 4.

The only Pokemon that I can think of who would qualify as a female, other than Jigglypuff, is Gardevoir, but it was a Poke Ball Pokemon in Brawl. Of course, Charizard used to originally be a Poke Ball Pokemon.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I saw your desire for a F-Zero assist trophy idea Chrono. How about Deathborn?
The problem with Deathborn is that he only has been in one game to the F-Zero series (GX). There is also the matter of how an original attack would be needed to be made for him.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Well, I would love it if when you grabbed the trophy, a few assorted racers would jump out, climb into their vehicles and disappear, only to come back speeding across the stage destroying everyone. Aside from Samurai Goroh with his katana, and maybe Pico with his gun, any F-Zero assist would have to be car based.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The Tellius arc, the Akaneia remakes, and FE13 all have different designers.

Speaking of Nomura, he has basically done nothing this generation. Versus XIII has become the Japanese equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever, and Kingdom Hearts III was a no show.
The World Ends With You says hi.

I don't know what's going on with VS XIII, but KH3 won't happen until that's done. Also, Nomura did the character designs for Final Fantasy XIII.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Toad is the eighth in the Big Eight.

Trufax.

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong
6. Wario
7. Yoshi
8. Toad
Oasis, I'm going to bake recklessly in your kitchen and make you clean it up, just for bringing up the big eight. Happy?

That's very true. Miyamoto LOVES Plumber suits. Did he design Waluigi?... I want to know if he is responsable for him.

I guess.

Still it beats the guy who did the artwork for the first FE. He didn't like drawing pants. :troll:
Pants are for suckers.

The World Ends With You says hi.

I don't know what's going on with VS XIII, but KH3 won't happen until that's done. Also, Nomura did the character designs for Final Fantasy XIII.
Oh KHDDD seems to be shaping up into AN ACTUAL continuation of the storyline, and Neku is in it. So yay? Plus I heard TWEWY is pretty good.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I said Nomura did basically nothing, especially when you compare what he did last generation.

As to F-Zero Assist Trophies. Pretty much the idea of a whole bunch of F-Zero cars running over people has been suggested as a possible idea.

Waluigi was designed by Camelot. Wario was designed by R&D1.

The Mario characters that are Miyamoto's babies are Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, and Toad.

D

Deleted member

Well, I would love it if when you grabbed the trophy, a few assorted racers would jump out, climb into their vehicles and disappear, only to come back speeding across the stage destroying everyone. Aside from Samurai Goroh with his katana, and maybe Pico with his gun, any F-Zero assist would have to be car based.
Now that follows the spirit of F-zero.

I'm thinking Pico will be a successor if Samurai Goroh is playable.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shorts: So you could say you... Ate Big?
I don't hear the water running for the mop bucket. This is what you get for calling me fat and wanting to poke my big belly.

The Mario characters that are Miyamoto's babies are Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, and Toad.
What about Daisy?

Too bad they didn't use SYRUP as Wario's tennis partner...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Daisy was probably done by the same people who did Wario.
*poke*

I read that Wario is a symbol of the frustration of having to work with someone else's characters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As to F-Zero Assist Trophies. Pretty much the idea of a whole bunch of F-Zero cars running over people has been suggested as a possible idea.
While the idea of having F-Zero racers as Assist Trophies seems impressive, you do need to take into account that they're also portrayed as stage hazards for the F-Zero stages. Time paradox much?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
While the idea of having F-Zero racers as Assist Trophies seems impressive, you do need to take into account that they're also portrayed as stage hazards for the F-Zero stages. Time paradox much?
Mario and Doc fighting one another

Link, Young Link, and Toon Link?

I think it would be FINE.

@Yani, Toadsworth?

Speaking of ATs, if any random one time Zelda character could be an AT, who would you choose? I think Majora and a moon countdown would be cool. Or Ghirahim, giving beauty tips and table scape advice.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario and Doc fighting one another

Link, Young Link, and Toon Link?

I think it would be FINE.
Link and Toon Link are doable, since they're completely different entities. I'm only saying that it would be redundant to make a stage hazard an Assist Trophy as well.

On another subject, having Unown come back as a Poke Ball Pokemon would be a nice thought. After all, the ? and ! Unowns never existed in Melee.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think the only game characters that were actually designed by Gunpei Yokoi himself were Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, and Dr. Mario. I think the game Dr. Mario was one of the few that Yokoi designed himself, and ROB was his design since he was a toy designer before he got into games.

Elsewhere, he was pretty much just a producer and supervisor.

I have never seen him creditted with Duck Hunt. Its possible he was the producer for that title though.

D

Deleted member

@ChronoBound: Arcadenik also mentioned Duck Hunt Dog.

For Zelda AT's, give it to Impa.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
If you look at the number of racers in the series, they could easily pick some of the more obscure racers, I would say the series has over 40 racers.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What I propose is a random colored Toad each time, to show that Peach's Toads are just generic ones while the playable Toad is THEE Toad.
Even THE Toad has to have recolors though. There's...

1: Default; Blue vest + White Mushroom Cap with red spots
2: Red; Red vest + White Mushroom Cap with red spots; Red team
3: Blue; Blue vest + White Mushroom Cap with blue spots; Blue team
4: Green; Green vest + White Mushroom Cap with green spots; Green team
5: Yellow; Yellow vest + White Mushroom Cap with yellow spots
6: Purple; Purple vest + White Mushroom Cap with purple spots

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
For Zelda AT's, give it to Impa.
Yeah.... Skyward Sword spoilers...
The barrier she makes in Skyward Sword is a possible move she can do if she got in as an Assist Trophy.

As for F-Zero, I still think Pico is the best choice for an Assist Trophy newcomer.

If Bowser Jr. does not make it in as a playable character, he could be an Assist Trophy too, probably in his Koopa Clown car throwing various things at players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom