• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@ChronoBound: I can also see Bowser Jr. working effectvely as a mid-boss.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd hate to see Bowser Jr. end up in any of those states though. The last thing I want is for Bowser to brutally beat up his own son, and you can't go the other way around.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Whether Bandana Dee make it as a playable character or not, some good Kirby assist trophies are Kracko (2nd reoccuring boss) and Adeleine (token female human painter). Adeleine will be the best option for Kirby Assist Trophy because she was moderately requested in the pre-Brawl days as a Kirby rep and fair amount of people on YouTube would rather have her as the 4th protagonist in Kirby's Return to Dreamland instead of Bandana Dee since the reveal.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Waddle Dee was very well received in Return to Dream Land. I do see him ending up as an Assist Trophy for Smash 4 though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of Kirby, I had some inputs, regarding which Kirby characters would pop up as Adventure Mode enemies...

Waddle Dee
Bronto Burt
Bouncy
Sister Bound
Kabu
Scarfy
Waddle Doo
Chilly
Galbo
Blade Knight
Sir Kibble
Poppy Bros. Jr.
Knuckle Joe
Wheelie
Bonkers (mid-boss)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think the only game characters that were actually designed by Gunpei Yokoi himself were Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, and Dr. Mario. I think the game Dr. Mario was one of the few that Yokoi designed himself, and ROB was his design since he was a toy designer before he got into games.

Elsewhere, he was pretty much just a producer and supervisor.

I have never seen him creditted with Duck Hunt. Its possible he was the producer for that title though.
Have we seen any ending credits for the early NES games?

Anyway, Gunpei Yokoi was the head of Nintendo Research & Development 1 at the time Duck Hunt came out... and Duck Hunt was developed by Nintendo R&D1... the NES Zapper Light Gun was also developed by Nintendo R&D1. :)

Hmm, wondering, should Pictochat be replaced with a Swaponote-stage?

Nikki would be there maybe as some sort of element, she'd send letters?
I would like SwapNote to replace PictoChat... it is new and having both SwapNote and PictoChat would be redundant... which is why I disliked having two Pokemon Stadiums in Brawl.

Oh, and anyone who are against playable Miis because they have no set appearance, well, there's Nikki. She's pretty much the only Mii with a set appearance because she was created by Nintendo. I guess that makes Nikki THE Mii, instead of a Mii. Nikki for Smash! :troll:

@ChronoBound: Arcadenik also mentioned Duck Hunt Dog.

For Zelda AT's, give it to Impa.
I want Cuccos as the new Assist Trophy for Zelda series. Those chickens are iconic to the series! You know it is true!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Speaking of Kirby, I had some inputs, regarding which Kirby characters would pop up as Adventure Mode enemies...

Waddle Dee
Bronto Burt
Bouncy
Sister Bound
Kabu
Scarfy
Waddle Doo
Chilly
Galbo
Blade Knight
Sir Kibble
Poppy Bros. Jr.
Knuckle Joe
Wheelie
Bonkers (mid-boss)
I only disagree with Poppy Bro, for obvious reasons. :awesome:

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I got around to playing Kirby and the Amazing Mirror on my 3DS and I got Fighter Kirby last night, aside from the blatant Street Fighter references, I was surprised how the inputs for some of the attacks were close to what I mentioned yesterday.

You can hold B down just a little bit to release an uncharged fireball while a fully charge resembles a Denjin Hadouken. Just tapping B would give you the Vulcan Jab. Up B would give you Ken's Shoryuken. Doing Side B would give you the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku and doing a double tap forward + B would give you Guile's Flash Kick. This last one surprised me for its input as I never even considered that as an alternative input for specials.

On another note, to do Kirby's Instant Mega Force Blast in RtDL, you have to do Down, Right, and then 1 to do it. This matches the famous Hadouken input down to a T.

So, Street Fighter influenced Kirby. How about that ChuChu?

Now I think about it, if we include the inputs I mentioned, there's also double down, double down forward, and double forward B with Smash variations. 17 Then there's QCF and DP motions with possible Smash variations. That leaves it up to TWENTY ONE specials. Obviously, not every character would need that many specials, but it leaves more room for diverse designs with more inputs available.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Waddle Dee
Bronto Burt
Bouncy
Sister Bound
Kabu
Scarfy
Waddle Doo
Chilly
Galbo
Blade Knight
Sir Kibble
Poppy Bros. Jr.
Knuckle Joe
Wheelie
Bonkers (mid-boss)
Good thing you didn't say Bio Spark, who I'd main anyday. BTW I did make a Kirby's Company moveset. I did Bio Spark, Knuckle Joe, and Sir Kibble, who're my favs... Besides Poppy Bro Jr. :awesome: Actually, Bio Spark is my #1.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How many of the drastic changes you suggest do you really expect? :I
IDK, I'm just tossing them out because I think they'd be for good discussion. I couldn't care less about the likelihood of them being implemented.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@ChronoBound: Arcadenik also mentioned Duck Hunt Dog.

For Zelda AT's, give it to Impa.
Why not Sheik? :awesome:

Seriously though, characters who have been cut need to be ATs. Sheik be one of them.
I still don't get the deal about Sheik's "popularity" though. It all came from her Melee top tier position. Nobody has ever tried to proof me other wise.

Yeah.... Skyward Sword spoilers...
The barrier she makes in Skyward Sword is a possible move she can do if she got in as an Assist Trophy.
Too good of a special move, how would it work as a AT attack anyway?
ATs cannot be hit, what does the barrier make sence for then?
Much better as a playable character cause it's not been done yet by any other character so far.

Just give it up to Sheik and make her throw Deku Nuts. It's the only real kind of ability she has, besides playing the harp. Bring back Doc to (if he's no costume) and make him throw pills and virusses as a AT. Roy swinging his blade and make fire come out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not me. Honestly, having characters with similar body types fighting eachother... eh. I mean, clones are one thing, but we have 100 different Pokemon choices. Let's lose the expies and be more original.

I want more unique Pokemon chosen that aren't alike the other ones. Hence Genesect and Deoxys. They're not like any others. They're unique designs, moves, and the only thing I'd say all Genesect lacks is popularity, but it hasn't been released yet, so what'd you expect? :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
While the idea of having F-Zero racers as Assist Trophies seems impressive, you do need to take into account that they're also portrayed as stage hazards for the F-Zero stages. Time paradox much?
Explain Twilight Princess Zelda transforming into Sheik, her other incaration at least a century ago?

Also; Mewtwo. I think either Lucario or Zoroark might make it with him. Don't care which one tbh.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I only disagree with Poppy Bro, for obvious reasons. :awesome:

Sorry for that. He just references the Bomb ability, which is what I like to use the most in Kirby Super Star. Too bad it got nerfed in Kirby's Return to Dream Land; both in controls, and the cap.

Good thing you didn't say Bio Spark, who I'd main anyday. BTW I did make a Kirby's Company moveset. I did Bio Spark, Knuckle Joe, and Sir Kibble, who're my favs... Besides Poppy Bro Jr. :awesome: Actually, Bio Spark is my #1.
I kind of wish that Kirby can gain the abilities of the ability enemies, just so that he's not restricted to copying the abilities of the playable characters only.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Impa assist trophy idea- Stands next to and follows the one who summoned her and uses the shield barrier thing from SS to protect the player when an opponent uses a melee attack or to reflect projectile. Like it diddy? :troll:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Why not Sheik? :awesome:

Seriously though, characters who have been cut need to be ATs. Sheik be one of them.
I still don't get the deal about Sheik's "popularity" though. It all came from her Melee top tier position. Nobody has ever tried to proof me other wise.
That's because it can't be proven through generalizations only through personal testimony and you could easily debunk that. I was unaware of competetive smash or any fighting game for that matter until late 2008 and tier lists were a foreign concept to me and my siblings. My little bro who played smash, both melee and brawl, the most with me mained sheik in both games. He has never played a Zelda game but was drawn to sheik and for whatever reason stuck with her. When Lucas was announced to be in brawl he said he still like ness better and when the game was released he used ness more, why? He liked ness and he would rather stick to the character he knows and loves than to accept someone newer or more important. He feels the same way about impa and sheik's tier placement had no effect on him

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Impa assist trophy idea- Stands next to and follows the one who summoned her and uses the shield barrier thing from SS to protect the player when an opponent uses a melee attack or to reflect projectile.

That sounds similar to my Poke Ball idea for Victini, except Victini would enhance your attack power temporarily, instead of defending you from attacks. The power boost that Victini offers will multiply the fighter's attack strength by 1.5, until Victini disappears, which is between 15-30 seconds.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I still prefer Toise's money pick the best (that's right he finally did it):

Toise's Super Money Pick:
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
- Squirtle
- Ivysaur
- Charizard
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario

I'd call this conservative, but I bet some of you would disagree. This has to be the hardest series to predict due to how many options there are, not just for newcomers, but for potential cuts too.

---------

Pokemon in general: This is a big series with a lot of good-but-not-mandatory choices all over. Frankly, Sakurai could pick a bunch of popular Pokemon out of a hat and still do good here, so long as he included Pikachu and PT. It's certainly been the most flexible series thus far.

So yeah, expect whatever the hell you feel like, you might be right anyway. This is really more of a hunch thread.

*** Regarding cuts ***

First, I endorse the idea that Mewtwo was cut out of necessity and Pichu because meh. Also that Jiggs would've been one of the next out of the door if there were more cuts, though not THE next. Pretty sure most of us have gone over the reasons why, so inquire within if you're still curious.

At this point, any future cuts would be due to time, and Pokemon characters tend to be good choices for cuts on the basis of volume.

Whatever, I'm an Ivysaur fan.

*** Mewtwo ***

The only character to be planned for all three games and miss two of them due to time, as far as we know anyway. Also overwhelmingly popular, kind of a dying breed by this point.

*** Lucario ***

He's been well-received, I think Sakurai would prefer to have him stay.

*** Jiggs ***

Sure, why not. Now whar's me toothpick?

*** Pokemon Trainer ***

Lots of people suggest changing either the Trainer, the Pokemon, or both. I can't recall a time when someone suggested this without the claim that we need more stuff from anything other than the first generation. I also can't recall a more shallow argument for such a significant change, but maybe I've been ignoring ****** City for too long. Who knows.

*** 5th Gen Pokemon ***

The only reason I don't have one listed is because I'm not seeing any strong standouts compared to any Brawl characters or Mewtwo. Try to imagine a scenario where Sakurai feels it'd be better to simply bring back those guys and focus on other series. That's what I'm leaning toward, though it's also probably the most likely prediction I'm making about Smash that I'd be wrong about. Meh.

As for which ones... well sorry, I don't care. I'm guessing Sakurai will ask TPC for an idea if he's interested. Actually, something that isn't large and ferocious or small and cute would be nice. More Ivysaurs, yeah.

**** Everything Else ****

Another Trainer: I'd like to think people here realize why a second individual trainer (more or less the same as Red) would be a bad idea. Now a female PT alt costume, THAT'S a keeper.

Previous Gen Pokemon: No indication of interest from Sakurai or TPC, and who would they pick anyway? Your personal favorite, right?

6+ Gen Pokemon: Betting all of my hair in a beautiful Toise wig on the roster being decided well before a new generation shows up.

Pichu: I like him as an alt costume (and yes, he DOES fit). No sign of interest in bringing him back for Brawl, so I'm more than willing to bet against him showing up.

Plusle & Minun: a-hyuck

There's a series I'm itching to do, but the dice call the shots. Maybe next time, I rushed through this one though.
"Flame Shields Up"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's because it can't be proven through generalizations only through personal testimony and you could easily debunk that. I was unaware of competetive smash or any fighting game for that matter until late 2008 do teir lists were a foreign concept to me and my siblings. My little bro who played smash, both melee and brawl, the most with me maimed sheik in both games. He has never played a Zelda game but was drawn to sheik and for whatever reason stuck with her. When Lucas was announced to be in brawl he said he still like ness better and when the game was released he used ness more, why? He liked ness and he would rather stick to the character he knows and loves than to accept someone newer or more important. He feels the same way about impa and sheik's teir placement had no effect on him

That's your little brother though, and you summarised it quite good for me. Sheik is probably well liked cause she's a "ninja". Ninja-archetype characters are hugely popular in general, regardless of what game it's always this 'OMG ITS A NINJA' sort of hype around it. She is quite easily to learn in Smash as well, which explains a lot to. Tier placement is just one thing yes, but it's far from being undetectable.

Sheik is an outdated character, anyone who has played any Zelda after OoT knows that. Her being replaced with Impa is no big deal, especially cause Impa has better moveset potential anyways. And is re-occuring in Zelda, and is more recent with Skyward Sword. I'd bet money on that she's in the Wii U and 3DS Zeldas to, or at least in one of them. And unless Sheik returns in those, I see her role in Smash is over.

I'd say the same about Roy, but his game has chance to be remade. And he's a main character. But he shouldn't return either if they don't want 4 Fire Emblem characters.

Wouldn't say Lucas is more important than Ness, they are both about the same. Even would say Ness is better cause his game at least made the US. Lucas didn't. But I doubt many here played either of their games anyway.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's some Lucario vs. Zoroark humor that I did up...

[collapse=Lucario vs. Zoroark]

Lucario: You dare to take over my spot for Smash 4?!
Zoroark: You had your fame. It's time for me to shine.
Lucario: You're forgetting that I win against you, based on type advantage.
Zoroark: Maybe, but I have access to Flamethrower, which is your bane.
Lucario: In that case, we'll just let the audience handle this matter!
Zoroark: ...........[/collapse]

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, I think a Zoroark vs Victini pic would be more fitting. lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In Pokemon terms I think Lucario would beat Zoroark pretty bad wouldn't he? Fighting beats Dark right?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In Pokemon terms I think Lucario would beat Zoroark pretty bad wouldn't he? Fighting beats Dark right?
Zoroark can learn Flamethrower, which is super-effective against Lucario. With enough SP ATK, Zoroark can even 1-hit KO Lucario with that attack; that is, if Focus Sash, Endure, Vacuum Wave, and the Occa Berry don't intervene. What helps Zoroark even more is that its base Speed is higher (Zoroark's 105 vs. Lucario's 90).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Uhm yeah Speed would work for him I guess. I really liked that one Zoroark moveset which involved a lot of grabbing attacks for his Bs. I think I'd be cool with the character in Smash 4. But still prefer Mewtwo a lot.

D

Deleted member

Arcadenik said:
I would like SwapNote to replace PictoChat... it is new and having both SwapNote and PictoChat would be redundant... which is why I disliked having two Pokemon Stadiums in Brawl.
I'd be all for it. The concept looks fantastic.
Arcadenik said:
Oh, and anyone who are against playable Miis because they have no set appearance, well, there's Nikki. She's pretty much the only Mii with a set appearance because she was created by Nintendo. I guess that makes Nikki THE Mii, instead of a Mii. Nikki for Smash!
I'd rather be able to use your own Mii's instead.
asage94 said:
How many of you want Lucario VS Zoroark (or Mewtwo)?
Lucario vs. Mewtwo? Heck yeah. Wouldn't care for a Lucario vs. Zoroark match since I'm not a fan of Zoroark.
Diddy Kong said:
The fact that she's appeared in two games already gives her an advantage over Impa. Smash importance > game importance if you're already in.
Metal Overlord said:
Mewtwo/Lucario/Genesect or Victini

No Zoroark, please
This.
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said:
Lucario: You dare to take over my spot for Smash 4?!
Zoroark: You had your fame. It's time for me to shine.
Lucario: You're forgetting that I win against you, based on type advantage.
Zoroark: Maybe, but I have access to Flamethrower, which is your bane.
Lucario: In that case, we'll just let the audience handle this matter!
Zoroark: ...........
Lucario automatically wins with him having more supporters then Zoroark. :troll:
--- said:
Hmm, I think a Zoroark vs Victini pic would be more fitting. lol
Now that's where the real battle lies, who gets in?
Diddy Kong said:
Sheik is an outdated character, anyone who has played any Zelda after OoT knows that. Her being replaced with Impa is no big deal, especially cause Impa has better moveset potential anyways. And is re-occuring in Zelda, and is more recent with Skyward Sword. I'd bet money on that she's in the Wii U and 3DS Zeldas to, or at least in one of them. And unless Sheik returns in those, I see her role in Smash is over.
- Practically any character can be made unique; it doesn't give Impa an advantage.

- Sheik was in Brawl and Ocarina of Time was her only major appearance. I doubt relevancy will be an issue for Sheik.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Aren't you being a little dense, Diddy? He just said his brother likes Sheik despite all those things you feel are important. Which aren't actually important.

Oh well, I guess that's what makes you so ROCK-STEADY in your beliefs.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Aren't you being a little dense, Diddy? He just said his brother likes Sheik despite all those things you feel are important. Which aren't actually important.

Oh well, I guess that's what makes you so ROCK-STEADY in your beliefs.
Well no offence to his brother of coarse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom