• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

To be fair, only Marth, Roy, and Lucas were Japan only.
And Marth and Roy were planned to be cut from the international version of Melee.

...and Marth is no longer Japan only.
EDIT: But then again, neither is Takamaru due to Samurai Warriors 3...

D

Deleted member

@Oasis_S: The logic makes sense. I personally think that Takamaru and Little Mac are among the Top 5 most likely potential newcomers for SSB4 and I do think that Sakurai will attempt to please Japanese and Western fans. Having both in a Smash game would be awesome and be the best choice for a retro rep and a modern new series respectively.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Takamaru should take over Link's projectile spamming game. Link needs his Shield Bash for Down B, and Skyward Strike (sword beam) for Side B. And an awesome AAA move eesembling his fast slashing in SS. Think his Final Smash, but 3 of the regular hits with less strenght.

:phone:
Shield bash should be dash attack, skyward strike should be up smash. Link should keep his special moves (except maybe boomerang, could be replaced for beetle, I doubt it)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Takamaru can carry off being JP-only, cause he's a Asian styled fighter.

Marth is sort of JP-only to now unfortunately :/ Y U NO RELEASE FE12 NINTENDO???

And no, no Beetle for Boomerang. Please no Beetle... I love Skyward Sword don't get me wrong but the Beetle... ._.

Skyward Strike cannot be a Up Smash anyway. Its a projectile. So Side B it is. Dash attack for Shield Bash also doesn't quite work, make it Down B as it's a pseudo-counter.

D

Deleted member

Which design would you rather have for Takamaru? The one in Samurai Warriors 3 or the one in his game?

I like his design in Samurai Warriors 3 the best.

D

Deleted member

I'm probably one of the only ones here that would love to have Shadow the Hedgehog in Sm4sh, huh?

I don't want a bunch of Sonic characters added, just Shadow.

I say SW3 for Takamaru.

Chii~

Smash Rookie
Ughhh, I thought WiiU was just like a cool controller for the Wii? It's a new console? 9 A9 Eck.

I'll give my body for a new Smash game, but I think I'll hold back from the WiiU for until it actually happens. |D

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Fine, then forward smash for skyward strike. Taking out bombs and boomerang is like taking out marios fire ball or kirbys inhale. Both where in all 3 games and are Zelda staples.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mostly Zelda staples. Bomb, Boomerang, and Bow have been in MOST of the Zelda games.(not counting the spin-offs)

But they're the three most recognizable Zelda items, well, ever.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
^ exactly. I have to go, while I'm gone can someone please explain to diddy that taking out those 3 is a no no.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd say Hookshot/Clawshot/Switchhook is after. Whip is getting some love. But yeah. Also, still have him on Ignore, and I already put fourth my debate before against him. Taking out what makes Link, well, Link, is silly. I could get maybe an item switch, but why can't he use stuff like the Whip as an Up A, similar to his regular one. There's a ton of ways to NOT replace his main specials. Even if the Spin Attack mostly sucks for him, it's still part of who he is.

I admit that it sucks that the Boomerang was taken out of Skyward Sword, but it doesn't show up all as often as the other two anyway. Likewise, the Beetle is pretty much the Gale Boomerang in design, from what I know.(to be fair, I gotta play SS still) Anybody who's played it can explain that item.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, I'm a bit late on this, but some actual news with Sakurai saying that if he were to revive another series, it'd be one in SSB4?

Mole Mania: Dishing the Dirt:awesome:

I can only hope...

D

Deleted member

Maybe: Mach Rider: Unchained

I was really looking forward to that rumor, sad it wasn't real...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He blocked me but, the Beetle is just a free flying thing you can controll. Its useful for grabbing things and hit switches and stuff otherwise unreachable. Its not good for attacking at all, untill later when you can grab bomb flowers. But that is situational. Its nothing like the Gale Boomerang at all.

I'd say the Sword Beam is as iconic as the Boomerang is, but yeah the Bombs and it are pretty staple now. But so was Mario's Down B. Relevancy has the favor at times.

And Link needs the revamp.

Toon Link can keep the Boomerang and Bomb though? Everyone wanted him different right? And Link to be better? This is a sollution to both.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Skyward Strike cannot be a Up Smash anyway. Its a projectile. So Side B it is. Dash attack for Shield Bash also doesn't quite work, make it Down B as it's a pseudo-counter.
Snake's Usmash is a projectile so its not out of the realm of possibilities although I prefer link's current moveset.

Why is it so slow today?

Chii~

Smash Rookie
Ooooo Sakurai and his magical game revival powers. :0

I'm still unbelievably excited for the new Kid Icarus game... Though I haven't paid much attention to it.

Even if Pit is the spammiest character ever ahhhhhh

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy: You seem to think that Pokemon is doubtful to get a fifth slot. Do you still feel this way and if so, why?
I'm only keeping my expectations at a minimal level to avoid making the same errors that I made during the Brawl hype. I actually do want Lucario to come back, but I'm also prepared for if it does get replaced.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Would anyone even care about Mach Rider had it not been for Sakurai's comment on him like, 10 years ago.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
That was on topic, we were discussing a sword beam addition to link's Fsmash like the beam that came of the sword in 4 swords.

I don't care about Mach rider now

D

Deleted member

@Oasis_S: I would. Personally, I was really hoping the rumor was true. Sad to say that it wasn't.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@SSBF: But Mach Rider is hardly very well-known? He's no Little Mac. Most people here probably didn't even know of him until they got his trophy in Melee.

Sakurai's comment on him is really the only reason we even consider him, isn't it.

@Puff: Sakurai once said Mach Rider was "his favorite character for Smash 2." That's pretty much it. A lot of people mistake his comments toward the Excited Biker as comments against the Mach Rider.

WOO! MISTAKEN IDENTITY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom