• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Of coarse, I'll just keep on annoying his bro instead with the truth :awesome: . Ask him if he likes characters with
barriers and time shifting attacking
. Bet if Impa's overall playstyle still has this OMG NINJA-factor nobody would miss Sheik.

Do we have more Nintendo ninjas by the way? Impa could play as one, but I expect her having some monk-like attacks and magic as well.

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mewtwo/Lucario/Genesect or Victini

No Zoroark, please

Hmm, I think a Zoroark vs Victini pic would be more fitting. lol
Lucario vs. Mewtwo? Heck yeah. Wouldn't care for a Lucario vs. Zoroark match since I'm not a fan of Zoroark.

Lucario automatically wins with him having more supporters then Zoroark. :troll:

Now that's where the real battle lies, who gets in?
Is it just me, or are there more people against Zoroark?! Zoroark must be feeling sad right about now.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Diddy my main point is that there's isn't a reason that you will accept that proves sheik>impa because you want a logical explanation where one doesn't exist. Just because it's more logical to include impa doesn't me it's a better move, it just means it will make more sense to the scientists of the world rather than the artists who are more opened minded to other factors =/

Li'l Champ isn't going to waste his time with you anyway.
Yea I'm done now

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy my main point is that there's isn't a reason that you will accept that proves sheik>impa because you want a logical explanation where one doesn't exist. Just because it's more logical to include impa doesn't me it's a better move, it just means it will make more sense to the scientists of the world rather than the artists who are more opened minded to other factors =/

Yea I'm done now

Well, I personally enjoy logic a lot. Logic makes sence.

D

Deleted member

Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said:
Is it just me, or are there more people against Zoroark?! Zoroark must be feeling sad right about now.
If you mean there's an increase in animosity toward Zoroark's inclusion on Smashboards and GameFAQs, yes (and maybe to a lesser extend, YouTube, given the rising amount of Victini support there).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
YouTube seems like an awful place to keep track of when it comes to GAUGING SUPPORT.

@Diddy Kong: Doesn't your arch nemesis HYPERFALCON say the same thing. And he goes on about how you have to support each generation of Pokemon because it's only logical. For some reason.

D

Deleted member

I don't see what the consensus that we can't have Mewtwo, Lucario, and Zoroark all in the same game.
One's a telekinetic fighter. With the frequent tail slap.
One's a hand-to-hand fighter with mystical energy.
One's a feral tooth and claw fighter.

I honestly don't see the problem.

ANYWAYS, I am also here to clear up a misconception. People here believe that Sakurai said that he would only consider Takamaru if he got a new game.
As I found out, this is FALSE. The true translation infers that if Takamaru ever got a new game, he'd probably get in Smash as well. Meaning, he's not RESTRICTED to getting a new game, just that one would increase his chances greatly.

With Samurai Warriors 3 and Captain Rainbow, as well as Japanese support, Takamaru has high chances. He would simply have even higher chances with a sequel of his game.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Telekinetic? You misspelled "tail fighter."

Also you'd have that whole Dark > Psychic > Fighting thing going on with all three in. Neat.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Telekinetic? You misspelled "tail fighter."

Also you'd have that whole Dark > Psychic > Fighting thing going on with all three in. Neat.
Unfortunately, that triangle fails, because Dark is "immune" to Psychic. If Dark was "resistant" to Psychic, then that would be a different story.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
YouTube seems like an awful place to keep track of when it comes to GAUGING SUPPORT.

@Diddy Kong: Doesn't your arch nemesis HYPERFALCON say the same thing. And he goes on about how you have to support each generation of Pokemon because it's only logical. For some reason.
What HyperFalcon thinks is logical is really another thing... He probably says Waluigi is the best choice for a Mario rep to. Actually, am quite sure he does.

And yes, YouTube is quite awful, but so is Gamefaqs. Gamefaqs probably more so.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo needs grabs with enourmous range, and Confusion needs to be Psychic in where he's able to ram characters into the ground with for good damage (20% or more)

And some actual hitboxes. A few less tail attacks wouldn't hurt either.

D

Deleted member

I assumed that watching the Victini movies would've made me support it over Zoroark.
This wasn't the case. It made me support Zekrom/Reshiram more.
And it made me go back to Zoroark.
Quite frankly, I liked the "Mama Bear" persona given in Master of Illusions.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Whether it's immune or resistant, Dark > Psychic. :awesome:
It still fails though, because of the immunity. For something like Fire/Rock/Steel, that triangle would work, as all types are weak against one type, while being resistant to the other. Of course, Rock isn't resistant to itself, which is the case with Fire and Steel.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
??? Where did you get that feeling from? I myself am neutral on both Zoroark and Victini.

BTW, it seems that Capcom sees Smash as a fighter. Hopefully this will help stop those dumb debates about Smash being a fighting game or not.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If that was true, Jigglypuff wouldn't get any damage from Mewtwo's Shadow Ball in Melee. Types shouldn't mather in Smash. Can Pikachu defeat Squirtle easier in Brawl cause hes a water type?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
??? Where did you get that feeling from? I myself am neutral on both Zoroark and Victini.
Well, considering that Metal Overlord and SSBF are not too crazy about Zoroark, in a way, that made me feel concerned. Also, there's SSBF's following quote...

If you mean there's an increase in animosity toward Zoroark's inclusion on Smashboards and GameFAQs, yes (and maybe to a lesser extend, YouTube, given the rising amount of Victini support there).
I'm not against Victini, since I have it portrayed as a Poke Ball Pokemon. I just feel that Zoroark would make a better fighter than Victini.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Smash Bros. was always a fighting game with party elements. It's not a party game. It just has the elements. Just like The Legend of Zelda is an Action-Adventure game with RPG Elements.(Zelda II can be called an rpg, but no others can) The only Zelda game not to fit is the FPS called Link's Crossbow Training, and Tetra's Trackers was meant to be a Party Game. But that's it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If that was true, Jigglypuff wouldn't get any damage from Mewtwo's Shadow Ball in Melee. Types shouldn't mather in Smash. Can Pikachu defeat Squirtle easier in Brawl cause hes a water type?

Strangely enough, PT's Pokemon actually are effected by water, grass, and fire attacks. It's subtle, but it's there. It just means Ivysaur gets shafted since there are so many fire attacks, yet hardly any water or grass attacks. If they were going to do that, they should have made it so that ONLY PT's Pokemon effected each other in this way, not the entire roster.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Smash is not a party game, unless you play with items, which even most casuals don't. And even if, items shouldn't make Waluigi's inclusion. Someone tell HyperFalcon that?

And yes I notices the PT thing. Charizard dies much easier to Squirtle's Up Smash for example. They should improve on it, cause I liked it. Also allow for just using 1 Pokemon for a battle if you'd want to play only one of them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Smash is not a party game, unless you play with items, which even most casuals don't. And even if, items shouldn't make Waluigi's inclusion. Someone tell HyperFalcon that?

And yes I notices the PT thing. Charizard dies much easier to Squirtle's Up Smash for example. They should improve on it, cause I liked it. Also allow for just using 1 Pokemon for a battle if you'd want to play only one of them.

The stamina system that the Pokemon Trainer offers pretty much means that you have to master three different characters at the same time. That's pretty much a nasty con in the competitive scene.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
All of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon actually take damage related to their weaknesses. Doing a Rock Smash against a Charizard will have more knockback or damage. They have weaknesses.

And items are indeed a part of Smash, and playing with items doesn't make it any less of a Fighting game. It's just not a skill we wish to test in Competitive gameplay, mostly because money's on the line, thus, we want as little randomness as possible. Plain and simple.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Squirtle outshines the other two, he's pretty much a marth without disjointed hit boxes. If the stamina system were completely removed the other 2 pokemon would be useless by comparison, that's the only thing.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Right now he does, but who says he does in Smash 4. Charizard needs to fly a whole lot better though.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
All of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon actually take damage related to their weaknesses. Doing a Rock Smash against a Charizard will have more knockback or damage. They have weaknesses.

And items are indeed a part of Smash, and playing with items doesn't make it any less of a Fighting game. It's just not a skill we wish to test in Competitive gameplay, mostly because money's on the line, thus, we want as little randomness as possible. Plain and simple.
Wait... But Rock Smash is Fighting type. :awesome:
That should affect Charizard and Ivysaur the least. XD

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait... But Rock Smash is Fighting type. :awesome:
That should affect Charizard and Ivysaur the least. XD

To be fair, it's the rock part that's hitting, not hitting the opponent with the first.

True, it shouldn't, but then again, it might be based upon the rocks, not the fist.

D

Deleted member

I think most of us can agree that the stamina in Pokemon Trainer needs to go bye-bye. Very poor design choice for him.

@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy: You seem to think that Pokemon is doubtful to get a fifth slot. Do you still feel this way and if so, why?
GoldenYuitusin said:
I don't see what the consensus that we can't have Mewtwo, Lucario, and Zoroark all in the same game.
One's a telekinetic fighter. With the frequent tail slap.
One's a hand-to-hand fighter with mystical energy.
One's a feral tooth and claw fighter.

I honestly don't see the problem.
The reason people doubt it has to do with their body structure being similar and as such, people consider having three humanoid Pokemons to be redundant and unneeded. There's also that people consider cuts to be inevitable (although it hasn't even been confirmed in Smash 4) and Zoroark is frequently mentioned as a replacement for Lucario.

That said, it is very well possible for us to see Mewtwo, Lucario, and Zoroark all in one game as I doubt similar body structure is going to cost us either Mewtwo or Lucario and that I am having doubts on us getting cuts on Nintendo Brawl vets.

In the end, it more or less comes down to whenever or not you support Zoroark's inclusion for SSB4 (meaning it's all down to preference here). I for one would not care for Zoroark at al, but I'd live with it since Mewtwo and Lucario would also return under this scenario.
--- said:
BTW, it seems that Capcom sees Smash as a fighter. Hopefully this will help stop those dumb debates about Smash being a fighting game or not.
...and hopefully, they'll acknowledge it as a fighting game.
GoldenYuiitusin said:
The true translation infers that if Takamaru ever got a new game, he'd probably get in Smash as well. Meaning, he's not RESTRICTED to getting a new game, just that one would increase his chances greatly.

With Samurai Warriors 3 and Captain Rainbow, as well as Japanese support, Takamaru has high chances. He would simply have even higher chances with a sequel of his game.
He got a GBA port of Nazo No Murasame Jo and he didn't get in.

However, the Samurai Warriors 3's side game featuring him may count as one according to Sakurai, which if it is true, would probably have him in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, we are going to have Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario and Zoroark playable?

And is Takamaru's game gonna be full 3D?

D

Deleted member

Diddy Kong said:
So, we are going to have Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario and Zoroark[/b]/Victini[/b] playable?
It's definitely possible for the franchise to get a sixth slot, considering that the franchise is teaming with good choices.

@Oasis_S: Nice to see that game is not forgotten. Just wish it had much of a chance to be released outside of Japan.

D

Deleted member

I guess I support Zoroark, then.
I beleive that Mewtwo, Lucario, and Zoroark can be together in harmony, regardless of all three having a somewhat similar body shape.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I knew about the rest of those games getting a 3D makeover, I didn't know though that it was also happening to Takamaru's game. It certainly helps his case.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If it's international I'd say he's a shoe in. Much like Little Mac.

Which is a good thing :D

D

Deleted member

Yes. This certainly does. It would make it even more likely for him if the game is released internationally this time.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
It could be possible that we may get a lot of 5th generation Pokemon references (ie many appear as Pokeball Pokemon and other cameos), but we still won't receive a 5th generation rep in SSB4. In Melee, it seems as though Sakurai cared very little for a 2nd generation rep as Pichu seems to have been added later on (even though potential Pokemon existed in the G/S - Pichu was popular, but still was a clone). By the time SSB4 is released, the 5th generation games will not exactly be in their highest point of popularity either (D/P was released about 2 years prior to Brawl). That's what I think.

I personally support Victini due to personal preference (never was a fan of Zoroark); however, I still have high belief that Mewtwo will return. I'm pretty sure that there was a good reason behind his cut back in Brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Takamaru should take over Link's projectile spamming game. Link needs his Shield Bash for Down B, and Skyward Strike (sword beam) for Side B. And an awesome AAA move eesembling his fast slashing in SS. Think his Final Smash, but 3 of the regular hits with less strenght.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I doubt it would matter much if it's international or not. He's very popular in Japan. On Mac's level here, supposedly. ALSO SUPPOSEDLY, what Takamaru's level of popularity is here, Mac is over THERE.

Smash is no stranger to Japan-only characters getting anyhow. As long as they're popular, which Takamaru is.

SO BASICALLY if you think Mac is a shoe-in, then you should also think Takamaru is a shoe-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom