• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think late 2012 we might get a trailer, don't expect nothing before October / November honestly. And I wanna see Impa and Chrome getting confiirmed already :awesome: What would you guys say to me if that would happen? ^^

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Just wanted to let you guys know that my activity in this thread is probably going to drop soon I'll probably still be in the Backroom but I'll probably just lurk this thread until E3 since we might hopefully get a trailer then.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think late 2012 we might get a trailer, don't expect nothing before October / November honestly. And I wanna see Impa and Chrome getting confiirmed already :awesome: What would you guys say to me if that would happen? ^^
RIP Sheik and Ike

*shakes fist

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Hyperfalcon If someone figured out the title, then sure enough they might of found more. To this point, I'm not saying they are real. If they are, I will just die.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Hyperfalcon If someone figured out the title, then sure enough they might of found more. To this point, I'm not saying they are real. If they are, I will just die.
I honestly hope they're not real. Two Punch-Out!! characters when it's not that popular in Japan as is? Yeah... too unreasonable. I don't even remember if Sable made it statewise as is.(although he was referenced in Link's Awakening/DX)

And it's not hard to guess Universe when it comes to SSB U as an idea. Likewise, Sakurai might roll with it too. It's honestly a great name.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I honestly hope they're not real. Two Punch-Out!! characters when it's not that popular in Japan as is? Yeah... too unreasonable. I don't even remember if Sable made it statewise as is.(although he was referenced in Link's Awakening/DX)

And it's not hard to guess Universe when it comes to SSB U as an idea. Likewise, Sakurai might roll with it too. It's honestly a great name.
I'd take many other names just because Universe is over used.
SSBRumble
SSBBashers (For mature players :troll:)
SSBWorld
SSBUnity
SSBVictors (Starring Victini :awesome:)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oh I would rage if both were confirmed right then and there in place of more deserving newcomers. The only thing that would infuriate me more is if Zoroark was confirmed then.
Sakurai: :troll: Oh really?

Trailer for Smash 4 is unveiled and the newcomers are:
Impa, Chrome, Zoroark, and.... Ryu.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh I would rage if both were confirmed right then and there in place of more deserving newcomers. The only thing that would infuriate me more is if Zoroark was confirmed then.
Ok, so this just reminded me, because I have a very bad temper problem with newcomers (TL beating YLink made me punch a hole in my wall).

If Zoroark makes it in, and Lucario/Victini make it in, I will use Explosion :glare::mad::glare:

@Chrono
Sakurai: U mad?
Me: *bites head off*
Ozzy-Rage.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Y'all some party poopers for real

I'm sure they'll have a LITTLE something for us at E3. I highly doubt they'd just announce a project and not say anything about it for 2 years, especially one not as big as this

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I got to give credit for Toise considering that he was the first to say that we should expect nothing at E3 2012.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm pretty certain they'll just say something to keep interest in the game

Even if that just means throwing together a 30-second teaser or just revealing the name of the title plus a couple of tidbits

D

Deleted member

NOOOOOOO!!!!

But on a more serious note, having those three characters (Ryu is okay) would definitely have me take a hiatus on speculation since the last thing anyone needs is to hear my inevitable whining over them.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Whatever happens, we should keep our expectations low for E3. And if worst comes to worst then chances are they'll be other things announced to keep us happy besides Smash.

I for one really want to finally see Pikmin 3.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
NOOOOOOO!!!!

But on a more serious note, having those three characters (Ryu is okay) would definitely have me take a hiatus on speculation since the last thing anyone needs is to hear my inevitable whining over them.
Sakurai: Ryu? *laughs I meant Cloud. :troll:

However, yeah, what newcomers they plan for the unveil will definitely have a large effect in how interested I am in Smash 4 or at least for the first several months after its unveil.

D

Deleted member

Whatever happens, we should keep our expectations low for E3. And if worst comes to worst then chances are they'll be other things announced to keep us happy besides Smash.

I for one really want to finally see Pikmin 3.
Pikmin has be highly overdue for a release, let alone a proper reveal. I also really want to see a F-zero or or a Star Fox game being announced. You bet that when I get a Wii U that these will be the titles I get if they come.
ChronoBound said:
However, yeah, what newcomers they plan for the unveil will definitely have a large effect in how interested I am in Smash 4 or at least for the first several months after its unveil.
That's why I'm hoping for a fantastic trailer at E3 2013. I would absolutely love to see a trailer containing Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, Mega Man, and Mewtwo.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You guys are boring the crap out of me. Let me know when things get interesting in here again.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
*Victini and/or Lucario doesn't come* T-T

Anyways, I got to get out of here. SOmething in my stomach tells me to start liking Zoroark for Sm4sh. I mean, believe it or not, he's my #1 favorite dark-type, beating even Darkrai (BEST MOVIE IN AWHILE!). But I'd rather play as an oddball, like Victini, or my #1 favorite PKMN, Lucario.

@Kuma Saw that coming for some reason :troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Doopliss said:
Hey Slick, I ain't backin' down for a second. I wanna see good ol' Paper Mario get in. I mean, I practically was the guy for a while. :awesome:
I agree with the freak-in-a-sheet. :troll:

Paper Mario Colors:
Red(default)
Yellow(Badge W)
Green(Badge L)
Blue(so he can be on Blue Team :troll: )
Purple(Badge W+Badge L)
Completely Shadow(from when Doopliss stole his body)

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Newsish stuff. Nintendo of america president announces that there will be info on wii u and wii u games not only at e3 but inbetween to. SSB4 info coming sooner then we think? http://mynintendonews.com/2012/01/1...be-shared-throughout-the-year-not-just-at-e3/
No way, June 2012 is when E3 is, and the game hasn't even begun development. E3 is the earliest we will see anything. Considering Wii U is the main event at E3, I'm pretty sure Nintendo's BIGGEST HYPE BUILDER, who was confirmed the year before, will be unveiled. It would be silly not to. Even if it's strictly CGI.

When was Brawl announced, when did development begin, and when was the trailer shown?

That should help us figure out when a trailer is coming out. Also, did Melee have a beforehand announcment, or was it just shown as a trailer?

Hey now, Zoroark is a goos choice. I actually like him over Tini in some respects.

D

Deleted member

I have always preferred Zorua's design over that of Zoroark's. It looks more like a Pokemon that stands out from the crowd and looks unique. Zoroark's design just turns me off and reminds me too much of Lucario 2.0 when looking at it aesthetically.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
When was Brawl announced, when did development begin, and when was the trailer shown?
Brawl was announced on E3 2005 and started development in October. It was then revealed at E3 2006.

SSB4 was announced at E3 2011 and has yet to start development. So yeah, we kind of don't have time.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Hey now, Zoroark is a goos choice. I actually like him over Tini in some respects.
He was more or less playing on my fears for characters I would not like to see.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That should help us figure out when a trailer is coming out. Also, did Melee have a beforehand announcment, or was it just shown as a trailer?

Brawl was "announced" at E3 2005 (even though it was not even in development, and Sakurai had yet to be contacted about it).

The Melee announcement by comparison was very low-key, I remember reading about it in an IGN article in the summer of 2000.

Also, as others have said, Zoroark reminds me too much of Lucario to warrant him getting in too. Mewtwo and Lucario are enough for anthropomorphic Pokemon, especially considering that both Lucario and Zoroark are both canines.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Brawl was "announced" at E3 2005 (even though it was not even in development, and Sakurai had yet to be contacted about it).
We will have to wait and see then. Regaurdless, you can expect the characters that are popular within the next 6 - 10 months (As well as Bawl's "Poll" results) to be the ones Sakurai considers for the most part. Also, we probably would have gotten a trailer if KI wasn't extended.

If we don't see anything at E3, I will not be happy. I'm so bored as it is.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Things will pick up for a bit when Kid Icarus Uprising is released, and maybe again when FE13 is released a month later.

However, after that it will probably be dead until E3 2012. Of which during the month of May there will be quite a few newcomers to this thread anticipating a possible Smash 4 unveil a month later.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Sakurai should just start up the Dojo for Sm4sh now and save himself the trouble. Then put the 12 all-time veterans on there. JUST SAYIN'. Prove those Jigglypuff removers wrong... :glare:

I'm gone. See you all tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai should just start up the Dojo for Sm4sh now and save himself the trouble. Then put the 12 all-time veterans on there. JUST SAYIN'. Prove those Jigglypuff removers wrong... :glare:

I'm gone. See you all tomorrow.

This. They are all in need of being a starter.

@ChronoBound: I think activity will remain consistently better starting in late March and continue until E3 2012. Then when disappointment hits of minimal to no info on Smash 4, it decrease in posts.

D

Deleted member

As of 160 votes, here are the results so far on Shortiecanbrawl's post:
S Tier
1. King K. Rool (126)
2. Ridley (112)
3. Isaac (109)
4. Mewtwo (107)

A Tier
1. Krystal (93)
2. Toad (90)
3. Little Mac (90)
4. Medusa (85)

B Tier
1. Mega Man (75)
2. Dixie Kong (64)
3. Palutena (64)
4. Saki Amamiya (64)
5. Samurai Goroh (63)
6. Bowser Jr. (62)
7. Zoroark (61)
8. Roy (60)[/co

C Tier
1. Bandanna Dee (59)
2. Victini (59)
3. Takamaru (58)
4. Paper Mario (55)
5. Ghirahim (54)
6. Ashley (51)
7. Pichu (49)
8. Claus (49)
9. Starfy (49)
10. Geno/Mallow (49)
11. Black Shadow (48)
12. Shulk (47)
13. Chrome (46)
14. Plusle & Minun (45)
15. Caeda (42)
16. Tom Nook (42)
17. Banjo-Kazooie (42)
18. Waluigi (41)

D Tier
1. Impa (39)
2. Tingle (39)
3. Lip (39)
4. Mii (39)
5. Ray MK (39)
6. Deoxys (36)
7. Sukapon (36)
8. No third-parties (35)
9. Bomberman (33)
10. Professor Layton (33)
11. Captain Syrup (32)
12. Balloon Fighter (32)
13. Meowth (31)
14. Majora (Skull Kid (29)
15. Magnus (28)
16. Tetra (26)
17. Mach Rider (25)
18. Matthew (25)
19. Muddy Mole (250
20. Vaati (24)
21. Andy (24)
22. Final Fantasy (24)
23. Fawful (23)
24. Alex (23)
25. Kamek (22)
26. Toon Zelda (22)
27. Duster (22)
28. Elite Beat Agents (22)
29. Felilx (22)
30. Sabure Prince (22)
31. Hector (21)
32. Pac-Man (21)
33. Pokemon Trainer (Hoenn) (20)
34. Dillon (Rolling Western) (20)
If a character has less than 20 votes, they are not mentioned.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What happened to that Sertainty of yours, Star?!
That was before I heard Sakurai still does not have a team set up for development. I had assumed he would have by now, but that is not the case. Nintendo has another ace up their sleeve that could induce just as much hype as Super Smash Bros. Either way it does not matter I am sure we will find something out towards the end of the year.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
People will find something to keep busy, this is E3 we're talking about.

Not that it'll matter to me much, by then I should be working at my first job and have less time for SWF.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That was before I heard Sakurai still does not have a team set up for development. I had assumed he would have by now, but that is not the case. Nintendo has another ace up their sleeve that could induce just as much hype as Super Smash Bros. Either way it does not matter I am sure we will find something out towards the end of the year.
So, just to be clear, we're not getting all HUFFY because of something Asage said, right? Was that really in Nintendo Power or was Asage just looking for attention like always. BUT LIKE TRYPHEN SAID, it's E3. Everyone should be looking forward to it anyway, whether or not Smash is there.

Baby Steps!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would kinda prefer to release the results myself, tbh. And, I tend to do it every 100 votes, so not to get annoying. I'll probably just wait till 300 votes to give you all my "top 50 roster" and "Top 50 Newcomers".

Anyways, I honestly don't care when it's released. I'll buy both games, regaurdless of how terrible or good they are. This is one of the only Nintendo series that I actually enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom