• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
The thing is SSB4 is not going to be Brawl/Melee/64. So idk why random for game is here before it's even out. LOL

Saying using Brawl as a starting point doesn't even say much when actually a lot of brawl has Melee related stuff in there, bar hitstun errors, the change air dodge system, and the floatiness of it.

So expect the unexpected because when I Sakurai said it's going to be different than all 3, I believe him. He gets mad hate for one game. Idk why when most of the smash community enjoys two of the three games he has made (full circle theory. I've said this before). So one mistake doesn't mean another, he has his team that will be balancing the game unlike the last three. Where Sakurai was doing the balancing himself. Might I add he did a good job on ALL of them considering he was a man team on that section of the game.

Also you assume that all Brawl players like Melee.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Really? why? I think my idea is good and I'm sure everyone can agree to that
Not all brawlers prefer melee. The casual community might not care as much but the players that prefer brawl's mechanics will be in the same boat you are in now

:phone:

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Not all brawlers prefer melee. The casual community might not care as much but the players that prefer brawl's mechanics will be in the same boat you are in now

That is only because brawl is very different but most brawl players only want characters and additional options. The mechanics in brawl aren't very special though.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
The thing is SSB4 is not going to be Brawl/Melee/64. So idk why random for game is here before it's even out. LOL

Saying using Brawl as a starting point doesn't even say much when actually a lot of brawl has Melee related stuff in there, bar hitstun errors, the change air dodge system, and the floatiness of it.

So expect the unexpected because when I Sakurai said it's going to be different than all 3, I believe him. He gets mad hate for one game. Idk why when most of the smash community enjoys two of the three games he has made (full circle theory. I've said this before). So one mistake doesn't mean another, he has his team that will be balancing the game unlike the last three. Where Sakurai was doing the balancing himself. Might I add he did a good job on ALL of them considering he was a man team on that section of the game.

Also you assume that all Brawl players like Melee.
Reposting that.

Really? why? I think my idea is good and I'm sure everyone can agree to that
Of course you do because your idea. Anyone will be bias to their idea.

This is true. The thing about Brawlers though, we don't go around complaining about other games LOL. We pick up other stuff like Super Blocking isn't Broken 4: But Yun Twins Are Edtion, Marvel vs. Chun-Li infinite 3, TvC, etc.

There will be those few that will complain like Nine but, most of us will be willing to adapt.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's kind of odd that Brawl never included anything relating to Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. Some of the BGMs from those games would've worked well in Smash Bros..

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Well what IF they're were 2 different options in the next smash (which I REALLY doubt)
the thing im noticing here is that the brawlers(brawlies/brawl community) are being selfish and not giving a chance to the melee community.
Idk I'll just hope for something good this time.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah the other major differences in Melee and Brawl is, the weight system, the removing of L Cancel, Airdodge system, and the coding error in the hitstun.

Melee is more about techskill and finger endurance. Brawl is more about precision and spacing. They still have the same core fundamentals.

Omg you are thick-headed, you aren't giving Brawl a chance and your vendetta against Brawl is clouding your opinion on the NOT EVEN MADE Smash 4.

Also you sidestep all my points and fail to counter nor address them. What's up with that Mayday?

EDIT: I like Mayday better :awesome:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Nah it's not you nLiM8d.

EDIT: LOL, I don't want to put people on ignore it looks weird when it looks like people are talking to themselves.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Well what IF they're were 2 different options in the next smash (which I REALLY doubt)
the thing im noticing here is that the brawlers(brawlies/brawl community) are being selfish and not giving a chance to the melee community.
I wonder if you've ever realized that alot of the people that played Melee play Brawl as well? Some prefer one over the other and some like them both. You out here tryna hurt feelings with this "Brawlies" bizness. Do you play either or are you just some scrub that wants to complain for the sake of complaining?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I found this EXTREMELY funny. Especially since most people here want a middle ground between brawl and melee. Basically what you're saying is "you guys are selfish for wanting compromise. Think of other people for a change and do things my way"

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Noooooo characters are the most repetitive. >_< everybody's roster is pretty much 95% the same

Omega and iblis should meet me on the racetrack in about 30 mins

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm going to try and break my theory here again. Just give me a second to think here...

OKAY, I got it. Since Sakurai was talking about having stronger and weaker players working together to make the weaker players better...how about he has a roster for Senseis and pupils, it would go under your wifi roster and also there would be section in wifi were you could find people who are willing to teach or people looking for help.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
NO!!! You just wanna discuss competitive bla blah blah......

but that is a good idea about the sensei/noobie wifi thing, they should do that rather than having them spam up SWF for it.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I hate to spill the beans d, but this thread will pretty be much about characters 95% of the time, no use trying to avoid it.

@nLiM8d: what do you mean? :(
We could atleast delay it a little longer.

@nlim8d
Do we look at the same movesets?

@iblis
The only problem I foresee is the skill. For example if I want to be a teacher and you're looking for help and we get matched up the student> teacher

Yep, you think you up for it =P

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I like the idea, but Isn't that a little...

[COLLAPSE="U know..."]
[/COLLAPSE]
LOL

NO!!! You just wanna discuss competitive bla blah blah......

but that is a good idea about the sensei/noobie wifi thing, they should do that rather than having them spam up SWF for it.
I thought that casuals like being the best out of their circle of friends. I took them into consideration when I was thinking. I could be wrong but my casuals friends still try to be better than me LOL I understand that casuals want to only go so far in depth in the game before they don't want to step any further.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Yeah the other major differences in Melee and Brawl is, the weight system, the removing of L Cancel, Airdodge system, and the coding error in the hitstun.

Melee is more about techskill and finger endurance. Brawl is more about precision and spacing. They still have the same core fundamentals.

Omg you are thick-headed, you aren't giving Brawl a chance and your vendetta against Brawl is clouding your opinion on the NOT EVEN MADE Smash 4.

Also you sidestep all my points and fail to counter nor address them. What's up with that Mayday?

EDIT: I like Mayday better :awesome:
Melee <3 you guys are ignorant but probably me too im with the good side though

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Funk: At anytime during the Sensei/pupil relationship it can be broken via deletion. It also helps that you can have multiple senseis/pupils so you get different perspectives of things. I did that into consideration and I'm glad you brought it up. Also anytime for the race when you are, just let me finish recording these matches.

@LiM8d: That is exactly what I'm thinking.

@SSBF: You already know I think it's good.

@Above post: We've moved on, and nothing you've said addresses anything but you flashing us with your already glaring bias. Idk how you can be calling me ignorant either when I play both games competitively LOL

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Categorization, Specification, Specialization.

Someone needs help in X area. Someone can help in that way. CraigSmash

@disfunk: What movesets are you talking about? I didn't catch that post.
Sorry not moveset, roster.

@iblis
Ok that makes sense and would work nicely. If they implement it'd be really cool and if you pair that with lagless online it would tight. Imagine being tutored by someone in the American competitive scene as well as european and Japanese all from your living room.

Omega are you going to race too?

@ssbf I'll read it before I go to bed and post my thoughts.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I think Victini has very good chances considering "it" has a movie coming up, but the fact that it's considered as a "Mew" just hurts tit's chances, personally I see it coming due to it being the latest to rep in a movie, but Sakurai might take that into consideration, i might be wrong though if you argue that Lucario got in solely for that purpose.

I'd rather see Zoroark instead, but knowing Pokemon characters for smash, exposure (movie) + popularity is what might decide Victini over Zoroark instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom