• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
good question, let's see:

1. Well, I have a theory and it's simple, if the Wii-U has an SD slot, than SSB4 could utilize the list of songs you have on the SD Card and load them there
Doubt it, since Nintendo dropped MP3 support in the photo-channel.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, to be fair... we did get 17/18 newcomers in Brawl (including transformations), whether you counted Toon Link or not.
Hmm.. Well looking at it that way it seems like a fair numbers, but opinions about roster inclusions change, if you read that article, Sakurai stated that he MAY NOT want to see the overall character roster double or stages for that matters, it's really hard to tell what he's thinking, even though Melee and Brawl had a pattern we can't say for sure how many newcomers we might get, especially of Sakurai thinks it over.

Omega: You might like this. Since you are on a Custom Robo music kick. Here is more of Shinji Hosoe and his sound team. http://youtu.be/PobgCpnm0u8
Is this from Megaman Network? I got to say I just fell in love with Shinji Hosoe. :cool:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
15 newcomers, not including transformations? Let's see if I can come up with 15 good choices.

1. Caeda or New Lord
2. Isa or Saki
3. King K. Rool
4. Little Mac
5. Matthew or Isaac
6. Medusa
7. Mega Man
8. Meowth
9. Palutena
10. Ridley
11. Starfy
12. Takamaru
13. Tingle
14. Toad or Bowser Jr.
15. Zoroark or someone else from the 5th gen games

Not counting Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Mii because:
- Dixie Kong would be a transformation character for Diddy Kong
- Mewtwo is a veteran, not a newcomer
- Mii would be a customizable character that Sakurai doesn't need to come up with moves since it would be up to us.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Not counting transformations and Toon Link, I actually see a pattern. We had the original twelve, thirteen newcomers in Melee, and fourteen newcomers in Brawl. If this pattern continues, we could be seeing fifteen newcomers, not including transformations or a new variation of a child Link. That said, I think that's the likely best case scenario and I think there's a great chance we'll see that pattern broken in SSB4. As I've said before, I see anywhere between nine newcomers and fifteen newcomers and the overall number to be 44-49.
It's not much of a pattern if you have to adjust it like that. :V

If anything, the pattern would be: 12 characters (+14 newcomers) 26 (+13) 39 (+12) 51

I'm fairly certain any pattern that anyone thinks they see is only coincidental, lol.

Also, where are people getting this 'customizable character' junk. :/ Have we been reading the same things, or are some reading too much into STUFF.

OmegaXXII

Well maybe for Wii it has, but the Wii-U may be different, I'm not sure on the matter, besides you could probably convert the files to fit SSB4's data if such a feature requested it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Sakurai said the 3DS version would have more focus on character customization and one player experience. When he said this I thought he meant customization like Stickers on character trophies in the SSE, but people expect Miis or some new custom character to make yourself.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sakurai said the 3DS version would have more focus on character customization and one player experience. When he said this I thought he meant customization like Stickers on character trophies in the SSE, but people expect Miis or some new custom character to make yourself.
That's the first thing that popped in my head too. Bunch'a silly gooses coming up with weirdo ideas. Of course, how the 3DS version will turn out is a huge mystery. It's pretty clear that it will be much different than the usual Smash.

I mean, the Mii as a character seems rather likely, but you won't be able to change its moves and stuff. :V They'll surely just pull its moves from the Wii Series. Speaking of which, a Wii Music taunt would be so infuriating after E3 '08. lololol.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Is this from Megaman Network? I got to say I just fell in love with Shinji Hosoe. :cool:
Yep! Network Transmission was such an underrated game for the Gamecube. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it was a good game with an incredible soundtrack. Seriously, go crazy Omega! Seriously, listen to them all!

Megaman Network Transmission - Bank System (Quickman Stage)
Megaman Network Transmission - Blazing Internet (Fireman Stage)
Megaman Network Transmission - Old Generation Area (Swordman's Stage) (One of my personal favorties)
Megaman Network Transmission - Vs. Zero.EXE
Megaman Network Transmission - Zero Gravity Area (Starman Stage)
Megaman Network Transmission - Electric City (Brightman's Stage)
Megaman Network Transmission - Power Plant (Elecman Stage) (My favorite <3)
Megaman Network Transmission - The Undernet
Megaman Network Transmission - Internet Area (This one really reminds me of Custom Robo)
Megaman Network Transmission - Legendary WWW Area (Pharaohman Stage)

OmegaXXII

@Omega: Ha, my question was partly in jest, I am aware that the manner in which folks acquire their music is personal. Heck, I hook up my console's rca directly into audacity.

I do recall modded capabilities that help access music ingame. I think it is rather curious, however, that some people can interpret the system's memory in the same way brawls orignial soundtrack occurs. It would be nice to become more familiar with an interface that allows for all that.

All I am used to is xbox 360's playlist function and that's not a very intuitive system.
I'm not sure what you're saying but if it means converting or possibly transcoding the files then I'm all for it.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Yep! Network Transmission was such an underrated game for the Gamecube. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it was a good game with an incredible soundtrack. Seriously, go crazy Omega! Seriously, listen to them all!

Megaman Network Transmission - Old Generation Area (Swordman's Stage) (One of my personal favorties)
Megaman Network Transmission - Internet Area (This one really reminds me of Custom Robo)
I love this soundtrack! By the way, what other games has he worked on other then Custom Robo and this?

D

Deleted member

I think these would be good choices for newcomers:

1. Mega Man (Classic)
2. Ridley
3. King K. Rool
4. Ray 01/MK III
5. Victini
6. Starfy
7. Saki Amamiya
8. Medusa
9. Takamaru
10. Bowser Jr./Paper Mario
11. Little Mac
12. Issac
13. Krystal
14. Ryu Hayabusa
15. Meowth

In order from most wanted to least wanted, although all characters would be great. The last two were kind of difficult to pick because there are a few more characters that I think would make good reps as well. Here's some that isn't on my list that I would also support (Not in order):

1. Samurai Goroh
2. Lyn/Caeda/Micaich/New FE Lord (Providing it doesn't replace Ike)
3. Dixie Kong (Solo or with a team with Diddy)
4. Slime
5. Travis Touchdown
6. Bomberman
7. Pac-Man
8. Geno
9. Mega Man X (Providing that only that version appears, same with Classic)
10. Genesect
11. Palutena
12. Duck Hunt Dog

However, I am only expecting nine to fifteen of the characters from what I've posted to be in SSB4.
Mic_128 said:
I think that caused a lot of outrage among fans when it was dropped, Nintendo may bring it back since it is more convenient.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I love this soundtrack! By the way, what other games has he worked on other then Custom Robo and this?
Well see it depends, are you wanting Shinji Hosoe on his own or with his sound team SuperSweep/Arika? When he works with SuperSweep we get stuff like Custom Robo and Megaman Network Transmission; on his own he does Ridge Racer, Street Fighter EX, and Xenosaga II. Technically, we should be thanking these two people. Ayako Saso and Yousuke Yasui. Those two are the common denominator between the Custom Robo 64 series and Megaman Network Transmission, which might explain the similar sound between them.

OmegaXXII

Holy ****!!!

More Shinji music?? I'm going listen to every single track plus Custom Robo's to it's fullest.

A new era has begun :cool:

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
I have to agree, this is very similar to a Custom Robo battle theme. It's almost like you're playing a Custom Robo game.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I've been thinking about Fire Emblem reps, and seeing that Marth & Ike are already represented, should we expect another? Smash has several sword users already. And while Lyn/Black Knight would be fantastic, I am beginning to suspect it won't happen.

Marth and Ike are two very solid characters as is after all. FE has slowed down as a franchise lately. I think that we should expect only two.

D

Deleted member

I've been thinking about Fire Emblem reps, and seeing that Marth & Ike are already represented, should we expect another? Smash has several sword users already. And while Lyn/Black Knight would be fantastic, I am beginning to suspect it won't happen.

Marth and Ike are two very solid characters as is after all. FE has slowed down as a franchise lately. I think that we should expect only two.
None of the candidates seem likely at this point as the support for Fire Emblem characters have the most obvious divide, next to Pokemon and third-party characters. You have Lyn's, Micaich's, and Caeda's supporter, but also Sigurd's, Roy's, Hector's, and Black Knight's supporter among others. However, there has been a lot of demands for one period. I would place chances of it at 50/50.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Well see it depends, are you wanting Shinji Hosoe on his own or with his sound team SuperSweep/Arika? When he works with SuperSweep we get stuff like Custom Robo and Megaman Network Transmission; on his own he does Ridge Racer, Street Fighter EX, and Xenosaga II. Technically, we should be thanking these two people. Ayako Saso and Yousuke Yasui. Those two are the common denominator between the Custom Robo 64 series and Megaman Network Transmission, which might explain the similar sound between them.
Really, he worked on Xenosaga II? Well, there were some good songs on that, particularly:

Character Battle
Labyrinthos
Submerged City

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Do you guys like it ? Okay, here is the idea :

1. Wario, Yoshi, Bowser Jr., Bowser, Luigi, Mario, Peach, Toad, Diddy, DK, K.Rool.
2. Wolf, Fox, Falco, Samus, Ridley, Megaman, Tingle, Toon Link, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf.
3. Metaknight, Kirby, King Dedede, Cpt Olimar, Louie, Random, Lyn, Marth, Ike, Ness, Lucas.
4. Isaac, Starfy, Lip, Little Mac, Saki, Sonic, Black Shadow, Cpt Falcon, Pit, Medusa, Takamaru.
5. Zoroark, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Meowth, PKM Trainer, Snake, G&W, Ice Climbers, R.O.B, Alice, Sukapon.​

* 20 NEWCOMERS * :afrainbo:
- Mario gets Bowser Jr. and Toad (fan request/popularity/importance)
- DK gets King K.Rool. (importance/fan request)
- Metroid gets Ridley. (importance/fan request/under-represented since SSB)
- Zelda gets Tingle. (semi-importance/own serie)
- Pikmin gets Louie. (Pikmin 3/importance)
- Fire Emblem gets Lyn. (importance/AT in Brawl)
- F-Zero gets Black Shadow. (under-represented since SSB/importance)
- Kid Icarus gets Medusa. (Sakurai's new KI/importance)
- Pokemon gets Meowth and Zoroark. (fan request since SSB/anime popularity/new flavour)
- There are 5 new franchises : Golden Sun, The Legendary Starfy, Panel de Pon, Punch Out!!, Sin&Punishment.
- There are 3 retro characters : Alice&Balloon Fighter, Sukapon and Takamaru (programmed in Melee)
- There is 1 new guest : Megaman (no more not to leave its sense)
- Lucario get cut. Zoroark takes his spot for being for being the new pokemon of the week.

--> Alice&Balloon Fighter's concept : http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12938775&postcount=8907

[Smash Bros. 5 should welcome : Waluigi (Mario), Cpt Syrup (Wario), Kamek (Yoshi), Dixie Kong (DK), Krystal (Starfox), Waddle Dee (Kirby), Skull Kid/Majora Link (Zelda), Claus (Mother), Paletuna (Kid Icarus), 7th generation Pokemon, Mewtwo's return, new franchises, Chibi-Robo, Andy (Advance Wars), Ray (Custom Robot), another guest (Ryu Hayabusa/Bomberman/Slime). So yeah.. it would mean more than 65 characters..]
Some of your thoughts are a bit questionable.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Fire Emblem has sort of slowed down, but there have been two games since Brawl, which is more than a lot of otehr series. Problem was that they were FE1/3 remakes. People don't seem to like including a second character from those games though.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I dunno, I remember back in the brawl speculation days people were expecting 45 character slots, and that didn't happen.

OmegaXXII

Well I wouldn't say that Ike is well established, Marth on the other hand is.

But I do agree that Ike should return IF no new lord is given to us by Nintendo, another rep such as The Black Knight or Caeda would be very likely if that turns out to be the case.

Reasons why Black Knight and Caeda should appear:

Black Knight: The Black Knight is Ike's main antagonist in the series, seeing as Ike as the current lord plus appeared in a recent sequel on the Wii makes his chances very likely, although not as high as Caeda's. My most demanded character.

Caeda: Caeda shows up alongside Marth in FE: Shadow Dragon and plays a major role in it, she also is unique as far as weapons go, even if she rides a pegusus she can be adjusted to play just as Captain Falcon was, plus she's a female character, Smash needs more female representation.

Overall, even though a new Lord might suddendly appear out of the blue and be featured in SSB4, these 2 characters still have a chance regardless if they are high or not, it's NOT impossible. Sales don't mean anything!

OmegaXXII

OMG!! Don't get me started with Xenosaga, that's one of my favorite RPG's of all-time, the music was phenomenal, did Shinji really work on it?

I REALLY need to get Custom Robo 64 :(

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Fire Emblem... Probably doesn't need more than two characters. Marth will always be the face of FE. Then, you only need one more to represent the newest game. Hopefully a new FE doesn't come out soon, so Ike can become an established Smash character. If Ike makes veteran status this time, I could see him sticking around for a while, and Fire Emblem getting three characters in Smash 5.

Because Ike is just that cool. >8O

D

Deleted member

Reyairia said:
I dunno, I remember back in the brawl speculation days people were expecting 45 character slots, and that didn't happen.
Wow, 45 characters back in the Brawl day was unrealistic. I think if we get a lot of newcomers announced as playable characters as starters, people will be expecting 55 slots. While I can see the roster going up to 50 slots, I can see a lot of disappointed people with unrealistic expectations when the full roster is revealed to be 40-50 slots.
Oasis_S said:
Fire Emblem... Probably doesn't need more than two characters. Marth will always be the face of Fire Emblem. Then, you only need one more to represent the newest game. Hopefully a new FE doesn't come out soon, so Ike can become an established Smash character. If Ike makes veteran status this time, I could see him sticking around for a while, and Fire Emblem getting three characters in Smash 5.

Because Ike is just that cool. >8O
I think Ike is staying regardless of whenever or not we get a third Fire Emblem character since he's playable from the start.

Thunder_slash

Smash Cadet

Well I wouldn't say that Ike is well established, Marth on the other hand is.

But I do agree that Ike should return IF no new lord is given to us by Nintendo, another rep such as The Black Knight or Caeda would be very likely if that turns out to be the case.
If no new Fire Emblem story (non-remake game) is released, then this 2 things will almost surely happen:

1) Marth may obtain an american translation, and ,about Caeda and Black Knight, they wont enter SSB Wii u, because a representant from their games is already in.
2) Ike will stay in as a veteran, and I also think that Roy will make it back, either as a character or an assist trophy.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Wow, 45 characters back in the Brawl day was unrealistic. I think if we get a lot of newcomers announced as playable characters as starters, people will be expecting 55 slots. While I can see the roster going up to 50 slots, I can see a lot of disappointed people with unrealistic expectations when the full roster is revealed to be 40-50 slots.I think Ike is staying regardless of whenever or not we get a third Fire Emblem character since he's playable from the start.
You do have a point there, but when we're talking about a 25 GB ISO, it never hurts to think about it.
I'm saying 40 - 47 slots. I'll be surprised if we hit 50.
I guess I got really disappointed last time, so I want to keep my expectations low.

OmegaXXII

...I think Ike is staying regardless of whenever or not we get a third Fire Emblem character since he's playable from the start.
I disagree, if Nintendo releases a new FE game then the new lord might be considered for promotional purposes.

It would be really dumb to have 3 different lords and no antagonist, but honestly I'd like to keep Ike around just for the purpose of getting Black Knight.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess I got really disappointed last time, so I want to keep my expectations low.
Well, I did mention what my roster would end up looking like if 3rd parties and fillers were excluded. 44 characters when one doesn't count transformations. If I included the 3rd parties, but not the fillers, 48.

I'm basically thinking of an even numbered roster. That way, there can be a 50/50 ratio with the starters and unlockables.

P.S.: The fillers that I'm referring to are Bubbles and Eggplant Man.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
YOU WERE ONLY DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE RIDLEY WASN'T IN IT. YOU WILL CONTINUE BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH THE ROSTER UNTIL RIDLEY IS IN IT. EVEN IF IT HITS 100 AND RIDLEY IS NOT IN IT, THERE WILL BE MUCH DISAPPOINTMENT ON YOUR PART.

Now am I speaking to you, or me.

OmegaXVII said:
It would be really dumb to have 3 different lords and no antagonist, but honestly I'd like to keep Ike around just for the purpose of getting Black Knight.
I think the problem with Fire Emblem having an antagonist is that there is no series antagonist in Fire Emblem. Kind of makes FE a special case. I guess if it had one, it could be Medeus, due to MARTH.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
YOU WERE ONLY DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE RIDLEY WASN'T IN IT. YOU WILL CONTINUE BEING DISAPPOINTED WITH THE ROSTER UNTIL RIDLEY IS IN IT. EVEN IF IT HITS 100 AND RIDLEY IS NOT IN IT, THERE WILL BE MUCH DISAPPOINTMENT ON YOUR PART.

Now am I speaking to you, or me.
Both of us.
Yeah, I was really disappointed Ridley wasn't in it, and I don't care that much so long as he's in it, but I also was expecting a bigger roster.
I guess I got caught along for the hype ride and well, yeah. :p I remember the backlash when it was leaked the roster was only 35.

D

Deleted member

I disagree, if Nintendo releases a new FE game then the new lord might be considered for promotional purposes.

We have yet to see a starter character get cut yet so I think that if a character has been a starter once, it's staying. I don't imagine Ike being an exception to this rule. If he got removed, expect back lashes stronger then that of Mewtwo's removal and unlike Roy, he had at least appeared in a game before becoming playable, so I don't think he was put their for advertisement purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom