• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't get why you seem so adamant about version exclusive rosters.

As we've said several times, characters do not take up a lot of space, we don't have to worry about memory issues or a limited roster.
As you've said, there are a lot of things to worry about; likely SSE-like story mode, single-player/multi-player modes, stages, music (Doesn't take up a lot, but still), other contents, potential online, balancing characters, etc. From there, even with Melee's graphic, I have a very difficult time imaging the game getting to 40 slots on the 3DS, even if it is more powerful then the Wii.

My expectations for the 3DS version are low, the only thing I care about for that version is if they provide a fantastic single-player experience with basic multi-player function (Not even with online, although that would be great), and a roster of 20-35 slots. Whereas the Wii-U version focus on the multi-player aspects of the game and as such, I have very high expectation for that one. Yes, it has to worry about all of the above I've mentioned except maybe a SSE-like story mode not to mention updating the characters to above PS3's level (Better online is a given in this one); however, as many people are expecting at least 50 slots in SSB4, which is pretty high expectation, with mine at low as 44 slots, getting to that should not be a nightmare for the developers. Considering that the Wii-U will be more powerful then a PS3 and with a lot of potential newcomers, this should not be hard to do.

(Yes I am saying that all exclusive characters are Wii-U exclusive, there are no exclusives on the 3DS)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I am vehemently against 3DS exclusives because honestly, **** a handheld version. Talk about a wastes character who will never be played to their full potential. I will only also disagree with WiiU exclusives if the 3DS can handle a 50 character roster or so. If they sacrifice in the WiiU version just to not make the 3DS game look bad, imma be furious. That is just unacceptable when you're dealing with a system that's apparently more powerful than the PS3.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
To add on what Hoots said. It's not a good way to represent your system's big franchise too. It's MORE POWERFUL THAN THE LAST GEN, but you have to dumb it down for a handheld. It's a sidestep to using the system to its full power.

D

Deleted member

To add on what Hoots said. It's not a good way to represent your system's big franchise too. It's MORE POWERFUL THAN THE LAST GEN, but you have to dumb it down for a handheld. It's a sidestep to using the system to its full power.
Exactly. If you keep the roster at 40ish or less, they're going to be losing lots of potential customers. Obviously, the roster isn't everything, but I will say that some people are buying the Wii-U solely for this game, the Super Smash Bros. series is that highly respected (They did the same with Brawl). If this game doesn't meet expectations, it can convince people against buying it at all. Sora Ltd. needs to do nearly everything right to prevent a costly decision and a huge uproar with customers.

Unless someone can prove to me that the 3DS can handle a mid 40s roster, I will continue to be 100% against this idea of the rosters/stages/music being the same on both versions (I'd actually like to see that).

However, I believe we should change topic as this can get ugly and you already know my thoughts on this. So, do you think Metal Man's theme from Mega Man 2 should be in? That's my favorite music from that game.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
By just looking at that, you probably haven't played the older games except for the Black Mage part which was probably learned from 8-bit theater. Anyone who played FF 6 knows that Kefka is more memorable than Sephiroth and has a laugh to remember.
I've played but never finished.

But I'd still say globally Sephiroth is more known and liked. Having Kefka would bring a lot of "Who is that?" while nearly anyone who have ever heard about FF knows Sephiroth.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Exactly. If you keep the roster at 40ish or less, they're going to be losing millions of potential customers. Obviously, the roster isn't everything, but I will say that some people are buying the Wii-U solely for this game, the Super Smash Bros. series is that highly respected (They did the same with Brawl). If this game doesn't meet expectations, it can convince people against buying it at all.

Unless someone can prove to me that the 3DS can handle a mid 40s roster, I will continue to be 100% against this idea of the rosters/stages/music being the same on both versions.

However, I believe we should change topic as this can get ugly and you already know my thoughts on this. So, do you think Metal Man's theme from Mega Man 2 should be in? That's my favorite music from that game.
It's a shame I never played Megaman games because all of his music is wicked metal and I ****ing LOVE wicked metal. Unfortunately, I can't comment on that. The only music I'm super familiar with and REALLY want in Smash 4 is from Donkey Kong Country 1+2, Professor Layton's games, and Sonic Adventure 1+2.

Edit: Oh! And the Team Plasma fight song from Pokemon! That song is so epic and sounds EXACTLY like the FFVII boss theme!

D

Deleted member

Hoots said:
It's a shame I never played Megaman games because all of his music is wicked metal and I ****ing LOVE wicked metal. Unfortunately, I can't comment on that. The only music I'm super familiar with and REALLY want in Smash 4 is from Donkey Kong Country 1+2, Professor Layton's games, and Sonic Adventure 1+2.

Edit: Oh! And the Team Plasma fight song from Pokemon! That song is so epic and sounds EXACTLY like the FFVII boss theme!
I would love to see more Donkey Kong Country 2 music, especially Mining Melancholy. I'd like to see suggestions from Professor Layton and Sonic Adventures music from you.

Also, I love Pokemon Ruby sound tracks. They sound great when remixed, as shown in Victory Road from Brawl. I'm hoping to see more this time around.
nLiM8d said:
MMX3 has pretty an awesome soundtrack.
Gravity Beetle is undoubtedly the best.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I would love to see more Donkey Kong Country 2 music, especially Mining Melancholy.
Good man! Mining Melancholy is definitely one of the best songs from DKC2 which has the best game soundtrack of all time by far. At least in ny opinion. This version of the song is my favorite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vwz1NoLNDY
This Swedish kid is awesome. He does a ton of video game music especially DKC2. Check out his metal version of Welcome to Crocodile Isle and his Reggae version of Aquatic Ambiance. Actually just check out all his stuff. It's great.

I'll post some Layton, sonic, and other songs once I get to my desktop. My phone ia about to die.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ooooh, did someone say Megaman X?!

Megaman X - Central Highway
Megaman X - Spark Mandrill
Megaman X - Sigma 2nd Stage
Megaman X2 - X-Hunter Stage
Megaman X2 - Opening Stage (everyone MUST check this one out!)
Megaman X3 - Blast Hornet (love this version!)
Megaman X3 - Zero
Megaman X4 - Cyber Peacock
Megaman X4 - Zero Opening Stage
Megaman X5 - Volt Kraken
Megaman X5 - X Vs. Zero
Megaman X6 - Blaze Heatnix
Megaman X6 - Sigma 2nd Form
Megaman X7 - Crimson Palace
Megaman X8 - Jakob
Megaman X8 - True Sigma

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Did someone say Sonic Adventure Series? My favorite Sonic series?? :awesome:

I can make a song list easy

Knuckles's Theme Sonic Adventure
Sonic vs. Shadow (First Time) Sonic Adventure 2
Azure Blue World&Windy and Ripply (Emerald Coast) Sonic Adventure
Welcome to Station Square! Sonic Adventure
Escape From the City Sonic Adventure 2
Green Forest Sonic Adventure 2
E.G.G.M.A.N Sonic Adventure 2
The Air Sonic Adventure
Speed Highway Sonic Adventure
Speed Highway at Dawn Sonic Adventure
It Doesn't Matter (Short Instrumental) Sonic Adventure
For True Story Sonic Adventure 2

Those are the songs I have on my brawl

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
True, but having DLC might actually increase their sales. I would work on a DLC if it meant a bigger paycheck :p
Agreed to the max, not only would fans be happy with character expansion packs, but Nintendo would greatly benefit from such sales such as DLC packs, and while Nintendo might not currently show interest in DLC that doesn't mean that the possibility can be ruled out.

...also

Medusa > Palutena > Magnus

Ooooh, did someone say Megaman X?!

Megaman X - Central Highway
Megaman X - Spark Mandrill
Megaman X - Sigma 2nd Stage
Megaman X2 - X-Hunter Stage
Megaman X2 - Opening Stage (everyone MUST check this one out!)
Megaman X3 - Blast Hornet (love this version!)
Megaman X3 - Zero
Megaman X4 - Cyber Peacock
Megaman X4 - Zero Opening Stage
Megaman X5 - Volt Kraken
Megaman X5 - X Vs. Zero
Megaman X6 - Blaze Heatnix
Megaman X6 - Sigma 2nd Form
Megaman X7 - Crimson Palace
Megaman X8 - Jakob
Megaman X8 - True Sigma
One again Star, you've got me hooked! :cool:

...the more reason a Custom Music option should be added.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well I added Donkey Kong Country 2 music to my Sunset Shores stage concept. So hopefully that is what really happens.

One again Star, you've got me hooked! :cool:

...the more reason a Custom Music option should be added.
I'll do Battle Network next. ;)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Did someone say Sonic Adventure Series? My favorite Sonic series?? :awesome:

I can make a song list easy

Knuckles's Theme Sonic Adventure
Sonic vs. Shadow (First Time) Sonic Adventure 2
Azure Blue World&Windy and Ripply (Emerald Coast)/[URL] Sonic Adventure
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcCHR9KktO8]Welcome to Station Square!
Sonic Adventure
Escape From the City Sonic Adventure 2
Green Forest Sonic Adventure 2
E.G.G.M.A.N Sonic Adventure 2
The Air Sonic Adventure
Speed Highway Sonic Adventure
Speed Highway at Dawn Sonic Adventure
It Doesn't Matter (Short Instrumental) Sonic Adventure
For True Story Sonic Adventure 2

Those are the songs I have on my brawl
My man! Well that saves me some time. In addition, I would add Pumpkin Hill. I hate rap normally and rap fans probaby think it's bad rap but I loved that song back in the day. Maybe it's because Pumpkin Hill is one of my favorite stages in video game history. Who knows

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Pumpkin Hill's rap was horrible but that's what's made it good LOL.

I was thinking about Aquatic Mine too but I had to think about the space. Aquatic Mine's rap was actually really good too, especially compared to today's rap.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Megaman Battle Network - Fire Field (FireMan's Stage)
Megaman Battle Network - Net Battle (Boss Theme)
Megaman Battle Network 2 - Time Limit (QuickMan's Stage)
Megaman Battle Network 2 - And You Will Know The Truth (WWW Secret Area)
Megaman Battle Network 3 - Great Battlers
Megaman Battle Network 3 - Shooting Enemy
Megaman Battle Network 3 - Vs. Alpha
Megaman Battle Network 5 - Nebula Grey
Megaman Battle Network 6 - Surge of Power
Megaman Battle Network 6 - Two of Braves
Megaman Network Transmission - Vs. Zero
Megaman Network Transmission - Power Plant (Elecman Stage)
Megaman Network Tansmission - Zero Gravity Area (StarMan's Stage)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I would love to see more Donkey Kong Country 2 music, especially Mining Melancholy.
I would absolutely love to hear that song with a diverse percussion section in the background. I'm talking timbales, splash cymbals, bass drums of many sizes, etc.

As for music, they better have Stickerbrush Symphony in some form on the next SSB4. Bring back the Brawl version, use the original version - just do it justice. I'd also like to hear some Wario Land tunes in there, like the ones I posted earlier in this thread.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Because all the Sonic Heroes stages took about 20 mins each to do -__- Anyways the game could have been much better but it didn't. Only song I would recommend is the Game's theme and the first stage's theme. Other than that...yeah

Sonic Heroes was the start of the downfall of Sonic. Sonic Colors and hopefully Generations (which is looking mad fresh) is going to be the revival.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Who here would be happy with K. Rool OR Dixie Kong?

Personally, I like both of these characters. While, I personally prefer Dixie Kong, I realize that K. Rool is more important to the series and has far more potential to be an unique character (or at least easier for the team to make him that way).

Unfortunately for both of them, the only game they have appeared in since Brawl's release was Mario Super Sluggers (which was released only a few months after Brawl). Dixie Kong was even among the few characters that was in Mario Hoops 3-on-3 but did not return for Mario Sports Mix.

Its really sad too. The Donkey Kong series had been in a slump for all of the previous decade, and just got a big hit in Donkey Kong Country Returns. Unfortunately, Returns did not feature K. Rool or Dixie Kong.

Perhaps K. Rool's (and Dixie's) best hope would be Sakurai's ignorance about Returns and that he only plays about as much of Returns as he did for Metroid Prime (which is to say only the first 10 minutes). Perhaps then Sakura might think, "[laughs] another one of King K. Rool's brothers is probably the final boss in this one. Probably Witch Doctor K. Rool." (In Japan, King K. Rool, Kaptain K. Rool, and K. Roolenstein are all brothers, not different personas for the same character). On the note of Donkey Kong in Japan, DKCR did really well there, crawling to a million copies sold as we speak (the last DK game to sell over a million copies in Japan was DK64).

So while I would be happy with either Dixie Kong or K. Rool, I am worried that they will both be overlooked due to them not being in any DK games since Brawl was released.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
YAY!Donkey Kong needs a villain from his universe. As you know,heros out numbered the villains in the SSE,so King K.Rool will most likely make it.

OmegaXXII

@Omega: Have you constructed a list for Heroes yet? Don't have much to say about that game, but its worth a listen if the tracks are decent.
Yes, yes I have, if you want I'll post it, even though the game wasn't much a hit, the songs were spectacular.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Too lazy to post links, but these are my favorite Sonic songs

Sonic 1 (practically all of them)
-Labyrinth
-Starlight

Sonic 2
-Aquatic Ruin
-Metropolis

Sonic 3
-Angel Island
-Hydrocity
-Ice Cap
-Final Boss

Sonic & Knuckles
-Flying Battery
-Lava Reef
-Sky Sanctuary

Sonic Heroes:
-Sea Side Hill
-Final Fortress

Sonic Unleashed
-Cool Edge day
-Windmill Island day

Sonic Colors
-Aquarium Park
-Planet Wisp
-Tropical Resort
-Starlight Festival

splat

Smash Lord
Perhaps K. Rool's (and Dixie's) best hope would be Sakurai's ignorance about Returns and that he only plays about as much of Returns as he did for Metroid Prime (which is to say only the first 10 minutes). Perhaps then Sakura might think, "[laughs] another one of King K. Rool's brothers is probably the final boss in this one. Probably Witch Doctor K. Rool."
Please be Super Mario Sluggers' Pharaoh K. Rool, please be Super Mario Sluggers' Pharaoh K. Rool, please be Super Mario Sluggers' Pharaoh K. Rool!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Because all the Sonic Heroes stages took about 20 mins each to do -__- Anyways the game could have been much better but it didn't. Only song I would recommend is the Game's theme and the first stage's theme. Other than that...yeah

Sonic Heroes was the start of the downfall of Sonic. Sonic Colors and hopefully Generations (which is looking mad fresh) is going to be the revival.
Funny, because I kind of thought that the Sonic titles went downhill for a while after Shadow the Hedgehog.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I responded on GameFAQs, but I'll say K. Rool here as well.

More important in his own series, brings more to Smash (as you said in your moveset for him), and more popular. There are also few other good options for newcomers from established Smash franchises, and K. Rool happens to be one of the few.

DKCR's importance will hopefully merit his inclusion, despite his absence, because the game offers no alternative characters to be playable.

OmegaXXII

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
By the way, on the subject of music, how many of you all want original music from Nintendo games, and how many want the music remixed for Smash?

Brawl seemed to work fine with both, although music selection seemed a bit iffy on a few stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom