• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
How was it something ********? I acknowledged that you need to be much more of a tryhard to be good at melee. I know, I did it. I'm just saying that I preferred Brawl over that style.
No, you made it seem like Melee was just tech skill. I hate when people do that. Yes, you need tech skill but once you get past that it's just as decisive as any other FG.

Just because you were good at melee wanted a Melee 2 and didn't get it doesn't mean that the game is shallow. Epeen isn't everything. No need to be so upset.
Please show me where I said I want Melee two. Please. I just said I don't want Brawl 2.

You don't need to change your opinion. I didn't even say anything until one of you tournament players tried to shoot down Hoots's dream roster, not because of its absurdity, illogic, or anything like that, but because you don't want to talk about it. To tell someone to stop talking about something just because it doesn't interest you is extremely self-centered, and you should accept that others might not want to hear what you have to say. It's hypocritical.

Frankly, Hoots's irrational (and inexplicable, as he has never played SMRPG himself) obsession with Geno irks me. But if that's what he wants to talk about, and it doesn't offend anyone, more power to him. If you want to talk about tiers and your hatred for the creator of the series you presumably love, that's fine, but don't keep others from talking about what interests them.
I actually said nothing about his list. I liked it actually.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I'm extremely excited for both games. I could care less about the roster, just make the gameplay fun and add some more competitivity. I love all 3 Smash games but I could never play any of them competitively-- Melee had lots of hitstun while Brawl was sort of slow (which isn't a bad thing).

At least Sakurai is trying to get other people to help him rather than making the whole game himself like he practically did with Melee. An interview said he worked on Melee nonstop and barely got sleep.

And for the love of god make the Wi-Fi better. Add more options, remove automatic additions of CPUs, don't make everyone disconnect in the middle of the match because someone leaves, fix the lag and add some more interactivity. Updates over Wi-Fi will really benefit the game.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Of course there are a bunch of new posters. There will be more and more of them on SWF because of this announcement. If we are smart, as a community, we will direct them to valuable resources so they get educated. Most of them will not get into competitive smash, but those that do, could play a valuable role in this community's future. ETWIST, though you are right on many points, calling people scrubs doesn't really get us anywhere.

So new posters: realize that there is a lot about the series you probably don't know. Based on the standards of competitive play, it is highly unlikely that Smash 4 will be a good game. If thats what you are interested in, I recommend looking up information on Melee. Like, really looking up. Find videos. Trust me, you won't regret it. :)

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Comboing would be nice, but id like the new smash to atleast keep the thought process needed for brawl.
I just hope it isn't so defensive like Brawl but offensive like Melee. I hope the Wii U version is more of its own uniqueness while adding some elements of the previous series (more 64/Melee and less Brawl).

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
Wow this thread is pathetic. The game doesn't even exist yet and people are already deeming it awful and unplayable and not worthy of a competitive player. Just sad.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

MechaWave

Smash Champion
i think ign just confirmed at the 3rd party roundtable that the WiiU will in fact support more than one tablet at a time :)
I thought it would support more than one anyways. How awful it would be if you could just use ONE New Controller.

Wow this thread is pathetic. The game doesn't even exist yet and people are already deeming it awful and unplayable and not worthy of a competitive player. Just sad.
Because they saw the "Start with Brawl and move on from there". In actuality this means absolutely nothing. This is incredibly vague information, Sakurai most likely means he'll tweak the whole engine of Brawl instead of starting from scratch.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Can't we just aim for what truly matters and focus on things that would make this game truly better?

Like heres one that I know EVERYONE had a problem with. Wifi.

Now, the lag is somewhat irritating, but alot of games have lag. It could be improved on but thats not my biggest concern. NOW WHAT TRUUULY BUGGED ME is the lack of options!

I want to fight people one on one. Heck alot of people do. Is it really asking too much to add a one on one feature? Or maybe an option to change time to stock matches? That way every player can find what they want.

I'd also like there to be the option to talk to others online. So far my only form of communication is crouching, running in circles, and taunting. yea. But what if I meet someones thats really awesome, or I had a ton of fun playing with? man I wanna hang out with that guy again!

I can understand how sakurai doesn't want kids to get into online flamwars or any of that BS, but then couldn't he just give us the option to disable messages from anyone? Problem solved!
LOL when a new Smash game is in the works, people are complaining about an unreleased game and have concerns about it which I can understand but people are bringing up previous games to the table as well and people are getting salty. Damn our community are ******** as times and possibly getting worse.

Stay childish, stay stubborn, stay salty folks.:cool:

SUPER NERDY SALT BROTHERS 4 FTW :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
No, you made it seem like Melee was just tech skill. I hate when people do that. Yes, you need tech skill but once you get past that it's just as decisive as any other FG.

Please show me where I said I want Melee two. Please. I just said I don't want Brawl 2.

I actually said nothing about his list. I liked it actually.
I never said melee was only about AT's. I said Brawl shifted the emphasis to just decision points as opposed to decision points and AT's. In response to the melee 2, I simply assumed that is why you took such offense to my previous comments. It was unfounded, I apologize. Look. I loved melee too, and to be honest I definitely played melee more than any of the other smashes by a huge margin. I think the thing for me is, I love Smash as a game type so regardless of how competitive or not it is, as long as there more cool characters, I will be happy. That is why I play. Difference of priorities.

And to my old friend Todd, fear not! I bought Mario RPG for the Virtual console and have played through half of it, and I still stand by my addition of Geno. In fact, once I beat it, I'm going to buy Sin and Punishment and The Legendary Starfy. It isn't that I'm obsessed with him, it's just that he is the only person on my roster that gets severe hatred, so in my defense of him it may APPEAR that I am obsessed. Not the case. The thing is, I have played most of the games that have Toad and Bowser Jr, and I never find myself compelled by their character design. They seem a lot more 'eh' than Geno to me. So I wouldn't call it irrationality.

EDIT: I think the comment of "starting from Brawl" is actually referencing the title. I could be wrong, but I just assumed that it meant that the title would be fight related. A logical progression from the word "Brawl." Maybe I misread it.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I just hope it isn't so defensive like Brawl but offensive like Melee. I hope the Wii U version is more of its own uniqueness while adding some elements of the previous series (more 64/Melee and less Brawl).
I actually want a good balance between the two actually.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Sakurai specifically said that he won't just be adding stages/characters. He believes that every new Smash game needs to be played differently from its predecessor to the extent that even a casual player can tell the difference. Thus, Sakurai will try to make Smash 4 as different to Brawl as Brawl was to Melee. He said so in the interview.

You guys have short memories.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
i think ign just confirmed at the 3rd party roundtable that the WiiU will in fact support more than one tablet at a time :)

Hype?
Link lol..?

Well if this indeed turns out to be true, then yes, I can't wait too see how the controllers will implement to smash and interacting with others.

:phone:

No one said that.

They simply said that they want it to be more competitive.

I hope you can use 4 tablets at the same time. That means 8 characters in one match would be possible :)

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Wow this post is pathetic. The poster dismissed legitimit concerns as "Awful and deeming the game unplayable." Just sad.

Ok mocking aside, please don't make post like this without considering whats going threw everyones minds.

Kinda goes both ways (No hom-er...bisex)

Every post here is theorycraft. The information that was leaked for SSB4 is abysmal, and right now all we have to go by is sakurai's few (and somewhat vague) words and what the new system is like. Now, obviously this makes everyones mind goes wild and comes out too "is the glass half full or half empty?" kinda view.

Everythings theorycraft. Yelling at people for thinking the game will be bad doesn't really make sense when there fears are legit. That and theres no one yelling at the people that are being optimistic. They have the same mindset. We all know nothing, and we want to express are opinions fears, doubts, and hopes.You contribute nothing by bashing others good sir.

What are your viewpoints on how this is gonna turn out mr.mario icon dood?

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Don't get to heated up E, this is just a scrub wave that's coming through.

:phone:
Except you are the newcomer. You may post thousands of posts about how much you wish wavedashing were in Brawl, but you are new to the Smash Bros 4 discussion. You are part of the wave.

Of course there are a bunch of new posters. There will be more and more of them on SWF because of this announcement. If we are smart, as a community, we will direct them to valuable resources so they get educated. Most of them will not get into competitive smash, but those that do, could play a valuable role in this community's future. ETWIST, though you are right on many points, calling people scrubs doesn't really get us anywhere.

So new posters: realize that there is a lot about the series you probably don't know. Based on the standards of competitive play, it is highly unlikely that Smash 4 will be a good game. If thats what you are interested in, I recommend looking up information on Melee. Like, really looking up. Find videos. Trust me, you won't regret it. :)
While I appreciate your kindness, your opinion of Melee as the perfect game is not universal. I prefer Brawl, and that is after seven years of Melee. The competitive scene is too rigid for my tastes, and takes the fun out of it for me. I decided I didn't want anything to do with the competitive scene after seeing a Captain Falcon versus Fox video on YouTube. It was boring.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
Many, many people were more hyped for Brawl then for any other game ever, and were let down extremely hard.

I really don't think it's surprising that the consensus seems to be "we won't get fooled again".

MechaWave

Smash Champion
actually, i dont think we have confirmation yet
they clarified that two tablets were in use because they were running two consoles :urg:
but seriously this will be a massive case of journalism failure if we dont know by the end of the night
Do you know how terrible the idea of using just one controller is? Hardcore games people would want would fail miserably.

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
hope this turns good and gc control fans its not like you can adapt i did

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Everyone needs to calm down. Take a breather and stop getting so upset. But for the record, just because you post a lot else where doesn't mean you aren't new. I was a regular on the SSB4 thread and most of the people posting now aren't. So stop pointing fingers. Jeez.

Keep this friendly folks. -.-"

Edit: The system is in a begining development stage, so hopefully more tablets will be added in later, if they aren't already useable!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I know...like i said before, Ninty would literally have to be ******** to not have at least four tablets usable at the same time...

but we dont have confirmation yet and thats starting to get me worried
More than likely Nintendo will never let that happen. They aren't stupid believe-it-or-not. The Wii U isn't even 100% finished or else they would release it already, and the compatibility of multiple New Controllers are a major issue.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
The game won't be good competitively. Wash that impression away and you will be a lot better off. Nintendo's new video game philosophy does not cater to a good competitive game. Sakurai has not recanted on this point, in fact he has emphasized it. Anyone who has paid attention to the Wii for the last 5 or so years would realize this. They aren't developing for the type of balance that we are thinking they are.

The game will have connectivity with the 3DS and a tablet. A fighter on a tablet. Sorry, but that simply won't work. And unless they have a special USB controller, this game is doomed competitively. Don't get your hopes up. Look at other games in the series if you are serious about competitive smash rather than handicapping yourself by waiting for a shiny new competitive game that will never come. And even in the unlikely event that it is competitive, the likelihood it will be as good as one of the best and most successful competitive games of all time (Melee) is very low.

Play the better game, not the newer one. If you honestly think Smash 4 will answer your prayers, then wait. But realize that evidence and history is not on your side, and you are just gimping yourself from going into the community full force.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Uh oh.

Audrey Drake: Q: None of the demos used two of the new controllers on the same system. Have you experimented with this? Is it possible?

Audrey Drake: A: Not for us to share.

Melee is more competitive than Brawl but does that make it better? No it doesn't.

Brawl let BOTH casuals and competitive players in. The competitive side isn't the only side in the smash bros. series. Sakurai wants both casual and competitive to have fun with the game.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174592p1.html

FFFFFFFFUUUUUU-

"Q - Are you able to use two of the new tablets at the same time? A - That's not for them to discuss/disclose."

dammit ubisoft why are you not nintendo
Oh well :D

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Melee is more competitive than Brawl but does that make it better? No it doesn't.

Brawl let BOTH casuals and competitive players in. The competitive side isn't the only side in the smash bros. series. Sakurai wants both casual and competitive to have fun with the game.
-> Implying that casual players didn't enjoy Melee. Proceeds to laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom