• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Nintendo is not ********. These things will be $50 tops.
Exactly. They KNOW that NO ONE will pay so much money for a controller. In fact they may just include two controllers just to settle people down. Especially the mommies who "trust" Nintendo's soon-to-be-dead kiddie games.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
And to my old friend Todd, fear not! I bought Mario RPG for the Virtual console and have played through half of it, and I still stand by my addition of Geno. In fact, once I beat it, I'm going to buy Sin and Punishment and The Legendary Starfy. It isn't that I'm obsessed with him, it's just that he is the only person on my roster that gets severe hatred, so in my defense of him it may APPEAR that I am obsessed. Not the case. The thing is, I have played most of the games that have Toad and Bowser Jr, and I never find myself compelled by their character design. They seem a lot more 'eh' than Geno to me. So I wouldn't call it irrationality.
Hoots, that is really awesome. I still don't think he's viable, but I applaud your dedication to your ideas.

And while I am still oddly bitter by the Geno craze of the pre-Brawl days, for your sake, I hope he gets in. Well... not too much.

-> Implying that casual players didn't enjoy Melee. Proceeds to laugh.
Did I say that? No I didn't. It's just that Melee was more on the competitive side. That doesn't mean they completely abandon the casuals. The casuals still enjoyed melee. Just because it's hard to master, doesn't mean the casuals don't like it

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
A post trying to hard to be cool
Can't tell if trolling or just really stupid...

Man its like my post was, I dunno, trying to maybe IMPROVE upon the previous smash games or something!

Sakurai himself is even using brawl as a "starting point." and yes, quote me on that ****, or even better read the article. Of course i'm going to bring up the game when its the ****ing base. He states that he wants to add to brawls features, but make a new system. Please look up the little information we have before you talk. please. **** my life. Ahhhhhg.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Except you are the newcomer. You may post thousands of posts about how much you wish wavedashing were in Brawl, but you are new to the Smash Bros 4 discussion. You are part of the wave.
Well isn't everyone? Nobody has played it yet :awesome:

@MK26: yea man, to my knowledge Wii-U games will be played with one tablet followed by utilizing the Wii motes for the rest. Hopefully the implemantion controls for the smash won't be bad at all.

:phone:

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
If this game is going to be anything like Brawl, then no thanks, Brawl was fun for about 2 months before it just got annoying with all that tripping and other nonesense

Melee still remains fun to this day though

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll try to set up a reasonable roster, with almost no goof-ups.

Super Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

The Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Metroid
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Yoshi
Yoshi

Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox
Fox McCloud
Falco Lombardi
Wolf O'Donnell
Leon Powalski

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Oshawott, Servine, Emboar)
Zoroark

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

EarthBound / Mother
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike

Kid Icarus
Pit

Wario
Wario

Pikmin
Olimar

Golden Sun
Isaac

Sin and Punishment
Saki

The Legendary Starfy
Starfy

Nintendo Classics
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Bubbles
Eggplant Man
Takamaru

If 3rd parties were to be involved, I'd go with Sega and Square Enix. Sorry Konami, sorry Solid Snake. I also limited the number of 3rd party fighters by having only two characters per franchise.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic
Tails

Final Fantasy
White Mage
Black Mage

Without the 3rd parties, roster adds up to 46 characters without the transformations. Add the 3rd parties, 50. Include the transformations, 55.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Consider the fact that theres no actual processing power inside them, as
everything shown on the screen will be generated by the WiiU and streamed to the tablet (presumably laglessly)
They look expensive but apparently do not feel as such
You are correct. Nintendo was smart enough not to put any actual processing power in the controllers, then it would be at least $80. The Wii U transfers the images/videos/etc. to the tablet via Bluetooth presumably (because it's compatible with Wii Remote) to allow the game to be view with no lag. The only thing that the controller itself must have is the ability to show the game clearly, which is likely not a processor, but the graphics card.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Shadow seems more likely since he was already an AT, and take out Toon Link and put Young Link from OOT in, we just got a re-release of the game, let's get some representation of that

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Exactly. They KNOW that NO ONE will pay so much money for a controller. In fact they may just include two controllers just to settle people down. Especially the mommies who "trust" Nintendo's soon-to-be-dead kiddie games.
It's one tablet control per console +4 Wiimotes and attachments (Nunchuks/Classic)

Zombiesarecool

Smash Cadet
Why would anyone want to play smash competitively on a tablet anyway? It's likely cumbersome for fighting games. One tablet is good enough for the Wii U, especially in relation to smash.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Oh lordy, only one tablet per console? What the hell are they gonna do with multiplayer centralized games? Just ignore it? What a waste, I thought Nintendo's new console seemed too good

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Lets hold off on the rosters for now please. We have enough to talk about with the controller and new systems and whatnot. We have the next eleven months to build fan-rosters. We have three weeks until we've debated the controller to death so lets just wait till then shall we?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
While I appreciate your kindness, your opinion of Melee as the perfect game is not universal. I prefer Brawl, and that is after seven years of Melee. The competitive scene is too rigid for my tastes, and takes the fun out of it for me. I decided I didn't want anything to do with the competitive scene after seeing a Captain Falcon versus Fox video on YouTube. It was boring.
Among competitive players who have really delved into the game, Melee is consistently considered one of the most deep and fun games to ever exist. As a result it has had nearly 10 years of tournaments; a rich history very few games can match (only starcraft: BW has had this longevity and popularity, and that was largely because of corporate backing).

Do you really think that Falcon v. Fox match that you saw was all that there was to it? Do you really think you have enough information on Melee that you can dismiss the opinions of the most informed? Answer honestly. There is a whole level you can't see yet (hell, there is a whole level I can't see yet; I'm not the best in the world). As a smash fan, you should want to see those limits. Go to a tournament and meet your region's players. I guarantee you will meet a lot of friends.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Can't tell if trolling or just really stupid...

Man its like my post was, I dunno, trying to maybe IMPROVE upon the previous smash games or something!

Sakurai himself is even using brawl as a "starting point." and yes, quote me on that ****, or even better read the article. Of course i'm going to bring up the game when its the ****ing base. He states that he wants to add to brawls features, but make a new system. Please look up the little information we have before you talk. please. **** my life. Ahhhhhg.
I was referring to the last sentence of your previous post but I get what you are saying. I'll leave you alone now.

Zombiesarecool

Smash Cadet
Oh lordy, only one tablet per console? What the hell are they gonna do with multiplayer centralized games? Just ignore it? What a waste, I thought Nintendo's new console seemed too good
Nintendo already said yesterday it was one tablet per console. That multiplayer experiences are being designed around this concept. Two would be the max that they are looking into, 3 or 4 would slow down the system's ability to function properly.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I know that. But it's not confirmed that it will be just ONE TABLET.
Concidering every game and tech demo shown so far has only had one Tablet, including the multiplayer that they had 2 consoles going and had 2 tablets, not to mention Ubisoft refusing to answer the question about it, I'd start planning on it just being one. IF there's more, great, but I can't imagine they would be cheap and I can't see Ninty making people shell out for extras.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Nintendo already said yesterday it was one tablet per console. That multiplayer experiences are being designed around this concept. Two would be the max that they are looking into, 3 or 4 would slow down the system's ability to function properly.
Source?

Concidering every game and tech demo shown so far has only had one Tablet, including the multiplayer that they had 2 consoles going and had 2 tablets, not to mention Ubisoft refusing to answer the question about it, I'd start planning on it just being one. IF there's more, great, but I can't imagine they would be cheap and I can't see Ninty making people shell out for extras.
Of course people will think this. Even official Nintendo representatives would not respond. The system isn't even complete yet, mind you. Likely, they're having major issues with more than one tablet having full compatibility with the system.

EDIT: Shoot! Double post! >_<

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just mentioning that the Melee vs Brawl rule is still in affect. Start the bashing ad I'll start the infractions.

Crimson: Think the game's going to be trash and garbage? That's fine, you've said your opinion. But don't hang around discussing something you already hate so much. Go away.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man I'm just pumped for more Dojo updates. It was like a little slice of joy every day. You guys remember all those threads about how people saw people in the clouds in one of the earlier Brawl trailers? Goooood times.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said:
If 3rd parties were to be involved, I'd go with Sega and Square Enix. Sorry Konami, sorry Solid Snake. I also limited the number of 3rd party fighters by having only two characters per franchise.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic
Tails

Final Fantasy
White Mage
Black Mage
I totally agree with this, but instead of White Mage, it should be Cloud Strife, he obviously has a bigger fanbase.

Why not Snake, sure he may have been over buffed in Brawl, but that doesn't change who he is, I honestly eat him back.

Also Mewtwo needs to make his legendary appearance again, Lucario was a big NONO for me.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man I'm just pumped for more Dojo updates. It was like a little slice of joy every day. You guys remember all those threads about how people saw people in the clouds in one of the earlier Brawl trailers? Goooood times.
I'll agree smash dojo updates will be amazing again. I'll be willing to go through that again.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I'll agree smash dojo updates will be amazing again. I'll be willing to go through that again.
But the Dojo gave practically EVERYTHING about the game away. It was nice, I'll have to admit. But Sakurai should keep the "how to unlock" characters out if he does it again and hide some more stuff.

Dsc

Smash Ace
Im a 64 player, which means i z-cancel. I disliked the triggers on GC controller which is why i stuck with wii classic contoller pro, i freaking hate the wii classic controller...the small white one. But yeah, i am overly curios about this game...COMBOS? OR NO COMBOS?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Source?

Of course people will think this. Even official Nintendo representatives would not respond. The system isn't even complete yet, mind you. Likely, they're having major issues with more than one tablet having full compatibility with the system.
The system is complete, for the most part. They cannot change any major things if they want to meet their launch window due to manufacturing and development constraints. If they don't have the option to play with more than one tablet now, then they won't at launch.

They are making a smash game which will be played on a tablet, with wiimotes and nunchucks (possibly classic controller) for multiplayer. It will have 3DS connectivity too, so it is possible that the 3DS can be used as a controller.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would prefer if Sakurai just did a weekly blog where he answers viewer fanmail and discusses their ideas for the game. I wasn't a big fan of knowing everything about brawl before it came out. I prefer hearing Sakurai and his teams opinions on the matter of specific characters, items, gameplay ect. and trying to peice the game together that way. Besides, if he lets NA/EU participate in the polls this time, we may actually get to see some of our dreams come true ;P

MechaWave

Smash Champion
The system is complete, for the most part. They cannot change any major things if they want to meet their launch window due to manufacturing and development constraints. If they don't have the option to play with more than one tablet now, then they won't at launch.

What you see is what you get. Don't hope for a game that they aren't making. They are making a smash game which will be played on a tablet, with wiimotes and nunchucks (possibly classic controller) for multiplayer. It will have 3DS connectivity too, so it is possible that the 3DS can be used as a controller.
Well of course. The Wii U at this point is still having some tweaks as confirmed by Kotaku. I did not leave out consideration for the manufacturing window, but I do believe the Wii U is not currently being manufactured at incredible rates at the moment.

Also, the 3DS connectivity isn't going to be that big as Sakurai said. They will be completely different to one another.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
But the Dojo gave practically EVERYTHING about the game away. It was nice, I'll have to admit. But Sakurai should keep the "how to unlock" characters out if he does it again and hide some more stuff.
Don't forget about the stores breaking street dates and people leaking stuff when the JPN version came out. That was nice as well even though I spoiled myself by watching.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Crimson: Think the game's going to be trash and garbage? That's fine, you've said your opinion. But don't hang around discussing something you already hate so much. Go away.
Fine, but let me say this: the brawl Dojo cycle had a serious affect on the community. It made Melee tournaments dwindle to a halt up until the release. Upon the announcement of Brawl, Melee started getting dropped by tournament circuits. Newcomers decided to wait until the next game.

I'm not stating my opinion on Smash 4 just to be a debbie downer. This is the start of a potential 3 year cycle that could be disastrous to the community. We can use this opportunity for good, and try to direct the new players to offset this, and thats what I am trying to do. Is there anything wrong with that?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Oh...
Well then..
I'm a gigantic ***. .___.
SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY ;~;

I'm sorry i've got no excuse for being an *** in that post....
Don't worry about it. I just wish people chill out about it for the time being.

@Shortiecanbrawl- That will be legit actually if Sakurai did that.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Among competitive players who have really delved into the game, Melee is consistently considered one of the most deep and fun games to ever exist. As a result it has had nearly 10 years of tournaments; a rich history very few games can match (only starcraft: BW has had this longevity and popularity, and that was largely because of corporate backing).

Do you really think that Falcon v. Fox match that you saw was all that there was to it? Do you really think you have enough information on Melee that you can dismiss the opinions of the most informed? Answer honestly. There is a whole level you can't see yet (hell, there is a whole level I can't see yet; I'm not the best in the world). As a smash fan, you should want to see those limits. Go to a tournament and meet your region's players. I guarantee you will meet a lot of friends.
No thanks. I like items. I like different types of stages. I like three or four-player battles. And I also like Final Smashes, and the slew of new characters (though I do miss Roy and Mewtwo). The reason I first played the original was because I was a big Nintendo fan and I had a vague interest in fighting games. I found the game's simplistic button scheme to be great, and the varying styles to be incredible. I loved Melee for each of those seven years, but to gut the game so that I can beat other people in a way that removes all spontaneity? What's the point? I tried figuring out wavedashing, and I felt that it was too much to bother mastering. It's a hobby, not a career! And I'm not sure what kind of friends I would want if it results in people referring to people who are inferior in the way they play a specific video game in an extremely specified manner as "scrubs."

But either way, you seem like a really nice guy. Again, thanks for your kindness and openness to "newbies." I wish you weren't so determined that SSB4 will be bad.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Don't worry about it. I just wish people chill out about it for the time being.

@Shortiecanbrawl- That will be legit actually if Sakurai did that.
If you recall the original brawl cite was exactly that! He actually got the idea for Doc from a fan (Crazy right!? that fan is so lucky!) <- Just got excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom