• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
SSB Wii U/3DS are probably coming out in 2014 or 2015. By then I probably still won't be done with college... >.>

But yeah, Ganondorf FINALLY needs a sword, and a F-Zero character needs to take some of the strong points of his move set (while G'dog takes the magic and overwhelming power aspects of it), and take it with a new original move set. Black Shadow and Samurai Goroh would perfectly fit that definition.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Overpowered" sounding move sets could always be weak.

Remember Mewtwo in Melee. He uses hypnosis, shadow ball, and a plethora of Godly attacks... yet he is a joke.

Also, DANG you guys attack fast.

Also Miis = creatable characters. It would be nice if they had an Animal Crossing human character option as an alternate to that (the same thing, just different looks) too.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, im gunna get a few pkmn here:
Meowth
Zoroark
Typhlosion
Victini
Mienshao

As brawlers, what would you say if they actually were?

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see more female brawlers. Sure the one we have right now are fantastic but we need more.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Lol. This would be such an interesting month of character selection, or however long it would take. All three of us just have, very, VERY different ways of coming about how we pick our characters. Needless to say, the choices would be good, I think. Having three people is a good idea because I know on a few subjects, me and SSBF just don't see eye to eye, so a third person would be a great choice.
I meant for those who choose characters to be of EXTREMELY different opinions so that we don't just see too much bias in the roster. This was the best pool of opinions on a good SSB4 roster I could think of, although I also considered other users such as PieMan and ArcadeNik.

Yoshi has generally been a bottom feeder in smash, although he went up a bit from each game to game. He needs better specials, probably more jumps, more combos, and to be much quicker. All of special attacks need to be more useful, and his up B needs to actually make him jump further. His down B should freeze nearby foes that aren't shielded or dodging, and his forward B actually needs to do... something useful! His up B should fire eggs faster, and his neutral B should leave opponents as eggs at higher percentage longer, and allow Yoshi to time out when to land a devastating blow.
Honestly, Yoshi needs a new recovery. His overuse of his second jump to recover makes him too predictable, and his Egg Throw only provides a little boost. How about we make Egg Throw his Forward B, remove Egg Roll altogether, and give him a good recovery for his Up B.

Yoshi Helicopter, anyone?

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I just had a dream...no a vision of the future. Smash bros 4 came out, it had tons of characters, 25 starters and 25 unlockables, maybe more I didn't unlock any of the characters. I think I played as marth and peach and they had new movesets. And some of the stages were like...3D, and the character intros you sort of take control of the character and walk into the 2D stage...sort of hard to explain. One stage you ride a rock down a lava waterfall and jump off to enter the stage. The music was all this all new original soundtrack with some awesome electric guitar melodies, sounded like led zeppelin or something.

The characters...the only newcomers I remember were Toad and NINTENCAT (from nintendogs and cats). It looked like a realistic looking cat and walked on all fours and had this move where if you touch it it still takes damage but you take the knockback instead. it was sort of this eccentric joke character, but for some reason I remember it being my favorite. I didn't play as toad.

Anyway now I really hope Nintendog or nintencat show up in smash 4. Might be a cool WTF character now that I picture it in my head.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Har, har. I think it (with permission) could work out well.
Nah, I don't think so. The only shooter/action-adventure characters that would be cool for Smash 4 would be an RE character (and at that, only Leon Kennedy, Jill Valentine or Chris Redfield) and Snake, IMO.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just had a dream...no a vision of the future. Smash bros 4 came out, it had tons of characters, 25 starters and 25 unlockables, maybe more I didn't unlock any of the characters. I think I played as marth and peach and they had new movesets. And some of the stages were like...3D, and the character intros you sort of take control of the character and walk into the 2D stage...sort of hard to explain. One stage you ride a rock down a lava waterfall and jump off to enter the stage. The music was all this all new original soundtrack with some awesome electric guitar melodies, sounded like led zeppelin or something.

The characters...the only newcomers I remember were Toad and NINTENCAT (from nintendogs and cats). It looked like a realistic looking cat and walked on all fours and had this move where if you touch it it still takes damage but you take the knockback instead. it was sort of this eccentric joke character, but for some reason I remember it being my favorite. I didn't play as toad.

Anyway now I really hope Nintendog or nintencat show up in smash 4. Might be a cool WTF character now that I picture it in my head.
Go back to sleep XD

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman

May i ask what you drank/ate before you sleep? Moldy pizza? LOL

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
50 characters sounds good to me. But didn't Brawl have 24 starters? Why would said number increase by only one=???

It was 8 in SSB64, 14 in Melee, and 24 in Brawl. Wouldn't it increase to at least say 28 or so=??? XD

But seriously, why would anyone want to play as Nintencats=??? (well, as Miis I guess it would be okay)

But for realz, are you sure you didn't drink milk before you went to sleep=??? Because milk and dairy products give me some weird friggen dreams... >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom