• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why don't you go tell JavaCroc to PISS OFF next time for coming up with neat Adventure Mode ideas that probably won't happen.

I mean really Omega. Lighten up. :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I warned you guys about the Black Knight. :\

It isn't that he isn't realistic, just not likely. Truth is Porky has consistently been the third highest requested Earthbound character since Melee. Which is probably why he was a boss in Subspace Emissary. Thing is now most people say that another Earthbound character is "unnecessary". Like somehow any other character is necessary? Oh semantics...
Well..when you put it that way I guess, still, I wouldn't count on it, just some advice to avoid dissapointment, that is all.

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm not raising my hopes on any character, I thought I've made that clear by now? lol

Porky, Slime, Megaman, Saki, Starfy, Ridley, Toad, Mewtwo, so on and so forth. None of them could be in the next game. I don't expect anyone. Heck, I don't even expect the characters I enjoy from Brawl to return (Ike, Sonic, Wolf, R.O.B). Trust me, I don't have my expectations set to an unreasonable standard.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You said Ridley twice.

Are you trying to cancel him out or something?!

Though if you were saying he may not be in the game, then I suppose canceling him out like that would mean he PROBABLY WILL. :awesome:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You said Ridley twice.

Are you trying to cancel him out or something?!

Though if you were saying he may not be in the game, then I suppose canceling him out like that would mean he PROBABLY WILL. :awesome:
I see I did. It was an accident. Sometimes when I move my words around I forget to delete the original word.

The essence of my statement is anyone I like I do not expect. It is my defense mechanism.

D

Deleted member

Characters that I want that I expect: Ridley, King K. Rool, Little Mac.

These are the only ones I am confident will be in the next game. I might be setting myself up for disappointment, but I think these have a strong enough case to where I expect them to get in and would count it as a flaw in the roster if they missed. That said, even they are not shoe-ins.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow the thread has really died down. Oh well, after the TGS I guess it's nice to have some down time.

Anyway the only characters I'm expecting are Little Mac and Ridley.

Thino

Smash Master
The point is, sure you guys can create movesets, expand on them or whatever but in the end, IMO it's wasted effort if the character isn't likely to be in, if you guys create movesets well...that's all you and have fun I guess, me well...not so much.

FINALLY! Someone thinking the same as I do after 2000 pages of movesets !

lets ruin their fun by reminding that Nintendo doesnt check Smashboards

/party pooper

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just learned Skyward Sword is going to have over 100 mins of cutscenes. Looks like this game really will be story focuses. If Ghirahim really is as fleshed out as Nintendo says, and he shows me some more abilities. I'm going to expect a lot more demand for him. Because he has a lot of advantages.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
oh hell no...

so THIS is why Miyamoto told about over 50 hours of gameplay..
Subtract 100 minutes from 50 hours and you have 48.3 hours of gameplay.

So that's a cutscene to gameplay ratio of at least 1:30, and if the 100 hours of gameplay is to be believed, 1:60.

Whiner. >:I

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The point is that Nintendo is focusing on having more of a story this time around. Which is something I am honestly pleased with. Because of this focus on story development I brought up Ghirahim. I'll explain my thoughts in greater detail once i am not working. Why he will likely be different from other one hit wonders such as Veran, Onyx, Majora, Zant, and two time wonder Vaati

D

Deleted member

Ghirahim is one of these newcomers with serious potential to move up in likeliness. As of now, I consider him to be the second most likely newcomer of the Zelda series (behind Tingle). He's also the only Zelda newcomer I want to see (Tingle is okay and probably the most deserving, but I think he fits better as an AT).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is it worth noting that Ghirahim is also on the box art (maybe only the Japanese version)?

Nevermind, I think all the other one-shots have been on the box as well. :awesome:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Fyi, Tingle would likely represent his own series if he were in Smash Bros. He has become the "Yoshi" of the Zelda series. Considering the last game he made an appearance in was his own. I don't believe it is so ludicrous to believe that.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
BLEH. Tingle or Paper Mario representing their own series sounds so silly to me. It's not like having their own little icon even matters that much. It's just going to make people start saying things like "Look! Paper Mario needs more characters in Smash! The series only has one!"

That's why we get people asking for junk like Kamek and Ashley, you know. >:V

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
BLEH. Tingle or Paper Mario representing their own series sounds so silly to me. It's not like having their own little icon even matters that much. It's just going to make people start saying things like "Look! Paper Mario needs more characters in Smash! The series only has one!"

That's why we get people asking for junk like Kamek and Ashley, you know. >:V
I don't mind if they get their own icons, if only to stay with the current pattern. But I agree, Warioware and Yoshi should not and will not get any more characters.

Can we start discussing Samus? Firstly, I was disappointed to discover that ZSS isn't accessible in the menu like Sheik, and instead you had to hold R/Z like we had to do in Melee with Sheik. I don't see why they didn't do the same thing with Samus as they did with Zelda this time around. Secondly, while I realize that having her transformation depend on executing a final smash is a way to differentiate her from Zelda, I feel this severely limits the character. Can anyone think of a way to make transformation easier without making Samus feel cloney? Maybe whenever she executes a fully charged Charge Shot? Is this even possible?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You also can't even fight CPU Zamus, nor will she appear when the random slot is used. I believe Sheik also does not appear with the random slot. THIS SHOULD BE FIXED, along with having Zamus selectable from the menu in the same way as Sheik as you suggested.

As for the transformation itself, I don't think it's a big deal. I think it's fine the way it is. But if you REALLY want it to change... Perhaps shooting a certain amount of shots (which would be lessened depending on how long each shot was charged) would cause Samus to... glow. During this, which would last, maybe, five seconds, pressing Special will cause the transformation?

STILL A PRETTY AWFUL METHOD. And I'm not sure that it would make sense when Zamus does it (which isn't REALLY necessary). There's always that D-pad trick, though I don't think that works with Zamus...?

@Spin-off series: Wario LAND should get the worthy mention of Captain Syrup I suppose. Still though, she's pretty hopeless.

@Psycho: >8OOO

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
You also can't even fight CPU Zamus, nor will she appear when the random slot is used. I believe Sheik also does not appear with the random slot. THIS SHOULD BE FIXED, along with having Zamus selectable from the menu in the same way as Sheik as you suggested.

As for the transformation itself, I don't think it's a big deal. I think it's fine the way it is. But if you REALLY want it to change... Perhaps shooting a certain amount of shots (which would be lessened depending on how long each shot was charged) would cause Samus to... glow. During this, which would last, maybe, five seconds, pressing Special will cause the transformation?

STILL A PRETTY AWFUL METHOD. And I'm not sure that it would make sense when Zamus does it (which isn't REALLY necessary). There's always that D-pad trick, though I don't think that works with Zamus...?
Wow, I completely forgot about that as well. I'll throw in that they also need to implement a random character select option. They did it with stages, and I loved not having to play on New Pork City. Some days just don't want to spar with R.O.B., but there's no way to assure he won't show up in a random battle.

And yes, I think that the d-pad trick only works one way...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, I completely forgot about that as well. I'll throw in that they also need to implement a random character select option. They did it with stages, and I loved not having to play on New Pork City. Some days just don't want to spar with R.O.B., but there's no way to assure he won't show up in a random battle.

Of all characters, why ROB?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Oh yes, I agree with the random character select option. I think I mentioned that some time ago. I wonder if they would make it so there is a differentiation between Human and CPU. I don't enjoy playing as the Ice Climbers, but I don't mind fighting them.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Of all characters, why ROB?
I still haven't quite forgiven him and Toon Link for existing in Brawl. Their games suck and they remind me too much of crappy Pixar films. That aside, I don't believe R.O.B. will be cut for SSB4.

Oh yes, I agree with the random character select option. I think I mentioned that some time ago. I wonder if they would make it so there is a differentiation between Human and CPU. I don't enjoy playing as the Ice Climbers, but I don't mind fighting them.
This too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still haven't quite forgiven him and Toon Link for existing in Brawl. Their games suck and they remind me too much of crappy Pixar films. That aside, I don't believe R.O.B. will be cut for SSB4.

This too.
Since I both own Gyromite and like the game, I had no problem with ROB joining Brawl.

He, in fact, was a character I wanted since I made a list during the days of Melee

(Though I wanted him to be controlled by Prof. Hector, like Pkmn Trainer, in the background)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Perhaps Professor Hector could appear in the background of a Gyromite stage? Controlling the red and blue pillars?

D

Deleted member

I guess there are still a few haters of R.O.B. I never really understood why he was hated so much; I for one enjoyed him.

Hoping to get another surprise next game.

BTW, if a remake is announced for Ruby & Sapphire on September 18th, how will you feel about the chances of a 3rd gen rep?

I think we would have a good shot at one and I suspect that Red & Green GBA remake was the reason why we got Pokemon Trainer.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Unless I missed something PokéPark 2 was the surprise game they were talking about. As uninteresting as that may sound it doesn't change that that likely was the announcement.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Pokepark showcases which generation? (Serious question) I haven't been keeping up with Pokemon games after firered and leafgreen.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Just learned Skyward Sword is going to have over 100 mins of cutscenes. Looks like this game really will be story focuses. If Ghirahim really is as fleshed out as Nintendo says, and he shows me some more abilities. I'm going to expect a lot more demand for him. Because he has a lot of advantages.
May be a litter early to say either way. The game isn't even out yet. Not to say I wouldn't mind him or he wouldn't work, just that we really don't know. But I'd like to hear it.

BTW, you mentioned doing a stage thing to see how close you are. I didn't say this before, but awesome! With my silly roster, I am actually trying to guess the roster and be accountable. I want to see if I'm the hot stuff I think I am (and boy do I). So I hope you do it and other people follow in their own way.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I suppose one would say PokePark showcases all generations? Wouldn't effect our SPECULATION if that's what you want to hear.

Also I doubt this Mewtwo event is anything to cling to.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I know I said I was going to discuss Ghirahim in depth, but to be quite honest I really do not feel like doing a large write up at this time. So I will simply condense a few points and go from there.

I've heard from Nintendo for awhile how story driven this title will be and how new characters such as Ghirahim are going to be fleshed out more than other characters in series past. After bringing up what I did earlier in regards to the cutscenes; it is not so hard for me to believe this game will do anything less than what Miyamoto and Aounuma have stated. Ghirahim is being designed to be both memorable, significant, and different. Aounuma stating that his conception was to have a villain that contrasts Ganondorf. So I do not feel he is going to fall into the category of the other one hit blunders. Being either extremely shallow or overshadowed by Ganondorf/Ganon. Ghirahim looks to set himself apart from not only the villains within his own series, but Nintendo's universe in general. How he is received will be up to both the development team and the fans.

Another note, only appearing in one game is not a negative. I know the common train of thought says otherwise, but it is not. The only question is how much of an impact did they make with the role they had? Which is also is affected by how well the title itself performs.

Feel free to nitpick. I will further elaborate on points as requested.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I know I said I was going to discuss Ghirahim in depth, but to be quite honest I really do not feel like doing a large write up at this time. So I will simply condense a few points and go from there.

I've heard from Nintendo for awhile how story driven this title will be and how new characters such as Ghirahim are going to be fleshed out more than other characters in series past. After bringing up what I did earlier in regards to the cutscenes; it is not so hard for me to believe this game will do anything less than what Miyamoto and Aounuma have stated. Ghirahim is being designed to be both memorable, significant, and different. Aounuma stating that his conception was to have a villain that contrasts Ganondorf. So I do not feel he is going to fall into the category of the other one hit blunders. Being either extremely shallow or overshadowed by Ganondorf/Ganon. Ghirahim looks to set himself apart from not only the villains within his own series, but Nintendo's universe in general. How he is received will be up to both the development team and the fans.

Another note, only appearing in one game is not a negative. I know the common train of thought says otherwise, but it is not. The only question is how much of an impact did they make with the role they had? Which is also is affected by how well the title itself performs.

Feel free to nitpick. I will further elaborate on points as requested.
Not really much to nitpick. I would have said the same thing, just I think you did a better job. My only X factor is the "wait and see," but otherwise, I agree.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Not really much to nitpick. I would have said the same thing, just I think you did a better job. My only X factor is the "wait and see," but otherwise, I agree.
Well in a round-about sort of way I alluded to that. Definitely not going to start staking money on things at this point. From what I have been seeing from Skyward Sword; however, assures me that this game really is shaping up to possibly be the best Zelda game they have created in the past decade. Which is ironic considering how under the radar it has flown up until just a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom