• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
It is definitely interesting. The tornado special made me giggle for some reason... Don't ask. Anyways, it was good. Only thing I am unsure about is the grab. It seems rather awkward in my opinion.

8/10
Thanks. You think there is anything else that should be worked on?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey guys! Haven't been on in a while. Just came out of my first tournament. Was super fun. I pretty much said it in the group chat but i did ok for mid tier :)

As for the discussion, from my brief episode of playing melee, i'd say keep mewtwo's teleport, but give it a little more range, and somehow make it so it isn't as dangerous as zelda's tele in brawl.

Yeah i won't be on the boards as much for a little while. I'll try to drop in whenever i can though ^^

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mewtwo used Shadow Ball before the move existed.

Shadow Ball is more Mewtwo's signature move than any of his signature moves.

Mewtwo isn't going to be without shadow ball

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wouldn't Ray be more interesting than Starfy?
Ray looks like a dumbed down gundam, in a game that hasn't evolved since the N64 days. (Looks like a bad 4kids anime)

Starfy is awesome

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
So many choices, but I'm only guessing all 4 of them will be in if we get a 49 or 50 character roster. (I'm making my roster based on 48 characters, 12 newcomers + Mewtwo)

@Shortie

If you posted that for me, I'm not making a complete overhall of Mewtwo, only buffing, but I do like the idea of Psycho Cut. I'm currently debating if his D-Special should be changed so I'll keep it in mind. ;)
70 pages Ive been gone and theres talk about Mewtwo again? Lol
How about incorporating Pyscho Cut, Break, and Strike in his standard attacks? Like keep the same physical attacks but add to it? Unless theyre all special attacks in Pokemon, then changing Down B shouldnt be too bad. Disable would have good potential if it was buffed but its a little rip off Jiggs Sing making it less unique since Lucario already has Aura Sphere working like Shadow Ball. This is all assuming theyre all in SSB4 of course.

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
So... Narratology, or Ludology? Which would you prefer to be the dominating force in smash? Usually Ludology would come first, but of course since nintendo is bringing heaps of nintendo chars together from strange far away lands, there's a lot of room for a good story in there. I'd say although Ludology would be a dominating force(i mean fighting games need a lot of thought put in to meta game), there should be a fair bit of credit to the story, as long as it's shaped well.

I dunno. What do you guys think?

That is, discarding narratology's media studies opinions and focusing on the narrative itself. That is to say, set aside that opinion, and look at their opinion of whether narrative should come first.

And for Ludology, strip away the defiance from narratology, i want us simply to look at rules, goals, etc etc rather than the opinion.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Psycho
If people really see Smash as family oriented then RayMK should be fine xD

I wouldn't say oriented, but it definitely keeps younger players in mind. No real guns, no knives. Although I personally don't see a problem with them. Moms would beg to differ.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Actually, i'll put that in to simpler words so i don't get the meaning messed up.

Basically, would you rather that the story line should be an important part of smash, or rather the game play to be the absolute focus. Now i know you'd instantly first say gameplay, but what i was saying was that there's a lot of potential for a good story line in smash considering the circumstances: Lots of different famous fighters hailing from completely different strange lands, etc etc...

Myself, while i think gameplay should obviously come first, i think the story has the potential to be an important part of it also, but only if it's done right.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm fairly certain the people focusing on the story are different than those doing the gameplay

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, coming from a guy who supports GENO...

probably doesn't mean much. :awesome:
Don't you support a character made of PINK BALLS?

We're in a fight now Oasis. NOT best friends for five minutes. TAKE THAT.

No knives but swords, bombs and laser guns
Believe me, as a Jill supporter. . . I know. .-.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I also support said Pink Balls
You would.

I do to, but that's okay that I do. Because. . . I'm ME. The shortiest of the brawliest.

I actually laughed out loud. Well done.
Thank you mysterious grandpa :3 That's what you remind me of, a grandpa who has probably killed a lot of people. It's your avatar, and your bluntness.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Nooo. I am too late. There was probably a joke of some sort in relation to your support of pink balls.

Smash could use more balls anyway. >:I

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nooo. I am too late. There was probably a joke of some sort in relation to your support of pink balls.

Smash could use more balls anyway. >:I
It was aimed at you!

Bed time for this cat~

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
All four of them have a solid chance I suppose. Buuuuuuuuuuut Little Mac sounds boring. I would prefer one of the other three. Saki or Isaac. Best choice: Ayumi Tachibana
Is this bias I see towards Little Mac? Sorry to break it to you but he's getting in regardless whether you think he's "boring" or not, deal with it shortie prince. :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, and Saki placed on that poll at number 25! Mona placed at number 82. I missed them. Sorry!

Also, I posted this on Nsider. They suggested a few characters to add. Anyone else have suggestions?

Meowth. He's on your poll and you didn't list him on the results. He has more than 90 votes.

Also add Duck Hunt Dog.

If both were in SSB4, I'd love to see an Event Match called "Raining Cats and Dogs" where you must fight dozens of Meowths and Duck Hunt Dogs.

OmegaXXII

Meowth? As much as I like the guy, the only way I see him happening is if he's flavor of the month by Sakurai, gets demand and some relevance back, or if Jiggs doesn't get in.

The way I see it is like this:

Pikachu (shoe in)
Pokemon Trainer (any generation)
Victini/Zoroark/Genesect (flavor of the month)

Mewtwo/Lucario (I say Mewtwo gets in)
Jiggs/Meowth (either one)

The way I see it is if Jiggs was indeed intended to be cut in Brawl which would explain why she was added so late then I can see it happening, otherwise I don't think Jiggs will be going anywhere if Sakurai intends to keep the original 12, even if at one point considered Jiggs a "joke" to some extent.

I'm up for new characters though so I would not mind Meowth at all if it weren't for Jigglypuff getting in the way.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
If Jiggs doesn't get in it's for Mewtwo/Lucario/Zoroark, hopefully 2 of the 3 or better yet all of them. Even Deoxys :awesome:

Bowser should get Koopa Claw back instead of that Kirby suicide. Speaking of which, I don't know how it would work but Kirby's Hammer should do the flip from Melee along with the spin from Brawl. Maybe make the spin a tap Side B?
Buffs should happen for low tiers to keep this low tier nonsense from existing >:D Everyone should at least be mid tier so we don't see all Foxes or Metaknights during tournaments hahaha

OmegaXXII

Kirby should definetly be like he was in SSB64, he was uber buffed and was powerful, I really liked the way was in that game, it's definetly strange that Sakurai didn't keep him the same in Melee, in Brawl however Meta-Knight got the spotlight of being top-tier, in all honesty, if SORA does indeed make Kirby buffer then I would probably main him, same goes for Mewtwo, more heaviness and a modified moveset like Psycho Breaker and Psycho Cut which would be an excellent addition to what he has already.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Kirby should definetly be like he was in SSB64, he was uber buffed and was powerful, I really liked the way was in that game, it's definetly strange that Sakurai didn't keep him the same in Melee, in Brawl however Meta-Knight got the spotlight of being top-tier, in all honesty, if SORA does indeed make Kirby buffer then I would probably main him, same goes for Mewtwo, more heaviness and a modified moveset like Psycho Breaker and Psycho Cut which would be an excellent addition to what he has already.

Good morning people!

I really want to Kirby as he was in 64, he was sucks in Melee, in brawl he improved a little but not enough ... And in my opinion, the time of Mewtwo is finished, I'll just be happy with your return, if it is Giovanni!

The way I see it is if Jiggs was indeed intended to be cut in Brawl which would explain why she was added so late then I can see it happening,

No.

otherwise I don't think Jiggs will be going anywhere if Sakurai intends to keep the original 12, even if at one point considered Jiggs a "joke" to some extent.

No. But she is a joke but just... no.... she's not leaving either way

I'm up for new characters though so I would not mind Meowth at all if it weren't for Jigglypuff getting in the way.

no

No

OmegaXXII

Good morning people!

I really want to Kirby as he was in 64, he was sucks in Melee, in brawl he improved a little but not enough ... And in my opinion, the time of Mewtwo is finished, I'll just be happy with your return, if it is Giovanni!
Giovanni would be mad awesome, heck just in case Mewtwo didn't make it then he would be perfect for him, he's definetly an antagonist from the first gen that would be perfect against Pokemon Trainer if it were to happen.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Giovanni would be mad awesome, heck just in case Mewtwo didn't make it then he would be perfect for him, he's definetly an antagonist from the first gen that would be perfect against Pokemon Trainer if it were to happen.

I still prefer the team rocket ...

Speaking of pokemon, will launch a new Pokepark!!

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I think the three AT's that have the highest chance of getting in are Little Mac, Isaac, and Saki Amamiya for various reasons. Starfy is a close fourth; but I think they all have a decent shot at the roster. For further thoughts, here: Just some thoughts I put on GameFAQs. Almost all requests that I can even put at Marginal has been done, but if you feel you have someone who thinks has a shot of getting in but hasn't been mentioned, feel free to leave a comment. here
Abouit your thoughts on Little Mac.... he was always going to rely on his Western popularity to make it in Smash 4. I don't know about you, but I would never expect an American-style VG series like Punch-Out!!! to be popular in Japan...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Jiggs getting in into SSB4 isn't a fact, it's a principle. Principle of the "Original" 12, that is.

Just smackin' youir virtual eardrums with some physics, is all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom