• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Everything is not a fact.

Jigglypuff getting in SSB 4 is a fact (Puts money on the table).

Fixed ;)
Well, I for one am willing to say that Jiggs definetly has "near" guaranteed chances, also I don't get why you're sprouting the the word "fact" as if you know Jiggs will be in for sure, don't get me wrong, I like Jiggs and i know that Jiggs has established himself in the Smash universe since the beginning, all I'm trying to get you to realize is that while Jiggs is very likely to return Jiggs isn't guaranteed by any means, there's always a chance she could be replaced, never ignore slim chances as well, don't just say "fact" or "will".

:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Jiggs was the "flavor of the month" back then and was at her peak in Melee, Im sorry to say its time for a chance for new Pokemon to be in Smash for representation, especially with 5 generations. Its sad to just leave all those gens with just 1st gen reps (which is reasonable, ex Fire Emblem) but I honestly think its safe to say that the Pokemon version of Kirby is likely to leave...

Also, and I know this will sound kinda stupid, but as an international game do characters considered for Smash really need to have popularity limited to Japan?

Well, I for one am willing to say that Jiggs definetly has "near" guaranteed chances, also I don't get why you're sprouting the the word "fact" as if you know Jiggs will be in for sure, don't get me wrong, I like Jiggs and i know that Jiggs has established himself in the Smash universe since the beginning, all I'm trying to get you to realize is that while Jiggs is very likely to return Jiggs isn't guaranteed by any means, there's always a chance she could be replaced, never ignore slim chances as well, don't just say "fact" or "will".

Fine.

I'll just change my 100% to 99%. Lol.
but I honestly think its safe to say that the Pokemon version of Kirby is likely to leave...

No

OmegaXXII

Jiggs was the "flavor of the month" back then and was at her peak in Melee, Im sorry to say its time for a chance for new Pokemon to be in Smash for representation, especially with 5 generations. Its sad to just leave all those gens with just 1st gen reps (which is reasonable, ex Fire Emblem) but I honestly think its safe to say that the Pokemon version of Kirby is likely to leave...

Also, and I know this will sound kinda stupid, but as an international game do characters considered for Smash really need to have popularity limited to Japan?

I somewhat agree with getting new representation, I do say that Jiggs is likely to return but I also wouldn't mind getting a new one such as Meowth or any other Pokemon instead.

As for characters having popularity internationally, I believe it's safe to say that Sakurai only bases popularity based on Japan, it's sad since he is ruling out the western region and thus a characters chances really aren't "real" since Sakurai most likely bases his decision of a poll based from it, I for one hope he would take a different approach and expand worldwide in order to have a more accurate approach as to who is truly demanded by everyone, not just Japan.

OmegaXXII

Well guess what? .......Deal with it:p

I am wondering if Slime will actually get in now that new game labeled Dragon Quest X is a Nintendo exclusive aside from PC.

D

Deleted member

I don't think the Original 12 are necessarily safe; specifically Ness and Jigglypuff. I fully expect them to return, but I don't think they are guarantee one. But I think they'll return, so I'm not worried.
Arcadenik said:
If both were in SSB4, I'd love to see an Event Match called "Raining Cats and Dogs" where you must fight dozens of Meowths and Duck Hunt Dogs.
Lol. That would be hilarious.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Just before I go off to school.

The main reasons Jiggs is still here is because of 3 factors
1) She's apart of the original 12
2) She's the 2nd most popular Pokemon in Japan (Pikachu is 1st, Mewtwo is 3rd)
3) She's been in every game thus far and has equal representation of what the series is alongside Pikachu

Notice how the top 3 are first generation Pokemon.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't know why people think Ness will get the axe. He is the most recognized Earthbound/Mother character in the series. Lucas is from the latest generation and that's why he's in. Ninten should be in since he's the first. The only problem with Ninten is that he looks almost exactly like Ness.

OmegaXXII

Ness isn't going anywhere, if anyone is it's Lucas, unlike Jigglypuff, Ness has always been the face of Earthbound when it comes to Smash.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
MOTHER has more to offer than boys with striped shirts.

Ninten is a terrible idea.

Though, I would expect Ness and Lucas to return. No cuts, no additions.

OmegaXXII

Ness and Lucas are fine, though I do like the idea of Claus/Masked Man, he seems to be the antagonist of Ness's game and is quite popular at that, I wouldn't mind if he replaced Lucas, but I also wouldn't mind getting a :rd slot, though IMO I think that would be going at it too extreme for a franchise such as Earthbound which seems semi-dead at the moment.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Star: I AGREE. I'm more accepting of Porky now that I'm under the impression Saki/Isa would offer a similar moveset to Masked Man, thus rending Masked Man MORE OR LESS pointless.

Porky may end up as a SURPRISE, but I'm not going to count on it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: I AGREE. I'm more accepting of Porky now that I'm under the impression Saki/Isa would offer a similar moveset to Masked Man, thus rending Masked Man MORE OR LESS pointless.

Porky may end up as a SURPRISE, but I'm not going to count on it.
Porky is one of those characters that would be a great surprise. Yet I know he is never going to happen. The idea of a character riding a miniature mech is just something that appeals to me. Kind of like the Smash Bros version of Tron Bonne or Dr. Wily. If he rode around in his Earthbound mech, and they proportioned the machine a bit without shrinking Porky himself. It could be able to work.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
He would be a great boss indeed, I just don't see it happening, let's face it.

He already was a boss. That is not what we are discussing here. Still, another Earthbound character, and Porky at that, is not very likely. Sadly...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Porky is one of those characters that would be a great surprise. Yet I know he is never going to happen. The idea of a character riding a miniature mech is just something that appeals to me. Kind of like the Smash Bros version of Tron Bonne or Dr. Wily. If he rode around in his Earthbound mech, and they proportioned the machine a bit without shrinking Porky himself. It could be able to work.
Jill (Dozer? Dunno if that's actually part of her name or not) reminds me more of Tron Bonne. :awesome:

I know you want to sound all REASONABLE and what not, but I doubt they'd even have to alter the size of his mech all that much. He's the same size as Ness, yeah? (THOUGH NOT AS WIDE LOLOLOLOL) He's pretty small. The mech around him isn't all that big either. Even with the legs holding him up, I doubt he'd exceed Bowser/Ganondorf's height.

BUT I GUESS SUCH AN ARGUMENT IS POINTLESS IN THE END.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Jill (Dozer? Dunno if that's actually part of her name or not) reminds me more of Tron Bonne. :awesome:

I know you want to sound all REASONABLE and what not, but I doubt they'd even have to alter the size of his mech all that much. He's the same size as Ness, yeah? (THOUGH NOT AS WIDE LOLOLOLOL) He's pretty small. The mech around him isn't all that big either. Even with the legs holding him up, I doubt he'd exceed Bowser/Ganondorf's height.

BUT I GUESS SUCH AN ARGUMENT IS POINTLESS IN THE END.
Well I didn't really mean the body of his spider machine. Just the legs. Only reason they would need to be proportioned is for hanging onto ledges and such. Or maybe they could retract a bit? Not sure how it would work honestly. I just like the idea. It reminds me of how I once envisioned Dr. Wily in Marvel Vs. Capcom.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well I didn't really mean the body of his spider machine. Just the legs. Only reason they would need to be proportioned is for hanging onto ledges and such. Or maybe they could retract a bit? Not sure how it would work honestly. I just like the idea. It reminds me of how I once envisioned Dr. Wily in Marvel Vs. Capcom.
Eugh, now I'm imagining him scuttling over the ledges like a spider when pulling himself up. D:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Eugh, now I'm imagining him scuttling over the ledges like a spider when pulling himself up. D:
That would be kind of creepy actually... Might have to shield the little ones eyes so they are not so terrified. Than again, if Porky had a Final Smash that included Giygas...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That would be pretty freaking perfect.
Porky uses his Final Smash. It zooms onto the cockpit where you see him pressing a button. He turns off "the Devils's Machine". The background fades to all black, and a menacing and ominous red face swirls in the darkness. Large, shifting red ovals without any form will pulse from the background. Damaging players that are unable to dodge them. It will work like Tabuu's wing attack; but thicker, slower, not as high of knockback, and with less definition. After the time for the Final Smash is up the background will begin to static and the red face will blend with the darkness and the black background will transition back to the stages normal backdrop.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
This is all most acceptable.

Hm. Yes. Quite.

I'd imagine the music would stop too? You'd just hear that slow breathing sound...? (At least that's what I thought it was) SO CREEPY.

OmegaXXII

Hush. Go cry over the Black Knight.

You cannot grasp the the true awesomeness of Porky in Sm4sh.
I learned my lesson just yesterday, it was a futile effort for me to expand on him, you guys are free to do so but in the end, if a character isn't realistic then I find it pointless since the inevitable is bound to happen, it's called being realistic.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
THE IDEA OF FUN IS LOST IN YOUR WORLD OF REALISM.

NO TIME TO ENTERTAIN IDEAS.

Can't believe I have to put this here just so my post will look like it's in all caps.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I learned my lesson just yesterday, it was a futile effort for me to expand on him, you guys are free to do so but in the end, if a character isn't realistic then I find it pointless since the inevitable is bound to happen, it's called being realistic.

I warned you guys about the Black Knight. :\

It isn't that he isn't realistic, just not likely. Truth is Porky has consistently been the third highest requested Earthbound character since Melee. Which is probably why he was a boss in Subspace Emissary. Thing is now most people say that another Earthbound character is "unnecessary". Like somehow any other character is necessary? Oh semantics...

OmegaXXII

THE IDEA OF FUN IS LOST IN YOUR WORLD OF REALISM.

NO TIME TO ENTERTAIN IDEAS.

Can't believe I have to put this here just so my post will look like it's in all caps.
Why are they always in caps? :awesome:

The point is, sure you guys can create movesets, expand on them or whatever but in the end, IMO it's wasted effort if the character isn't likely to be in, if you guys create movesets well...that's all you and have fun I guess, me well...not so much.

So, I'm gonna go to a corner now and grief over The Black Knight until I come back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom