• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It was never out. The problem is that after second gen it became increasingly apparent we were never going to catch 'em all, and that the quality of the Pokemon we were expected to catch dramatically decreased in conceptual value. I can **** out better Pokemon than some of the refuse in the newer generations, and I don't even consider my ideas worth a damn.

But yes, I'd say that not even Jigglypuff is 100% safe. Granted, I think she's the least likely to be cut of the Pokemon reps after Pikachu, but it ultimately comes down to the whims of a very fickle and eccentric man.

More hate for new Pokemon, I see...I had to make the refuse joke. But inall seriousness, I find nothing wrong with the designs from newer generations, and I've liked the series since Generation I.

But anyway, enough of my ranting. After a readthrough, Chrome's chances seem to have skyrocketed, and various characters' chances have been rated. Anything else I missed?

Also, what do you think the chances of the unused items from the Melee to Brawl transition are of being brought back? Good ol' Parasol...

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman

More hate for new Pokemon, I see...I had to make the refuse joke. But inall seriousness, I find nothing wrong with the designs from newer generations, and I've liked the series since Generation I.
HAHAHAHA. Love it. Saved.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
he has his supporters, but you're right all the same, ganondorf has been in the series too long to be replaced permanently.
As far as I recall no one was asking for Ghirahim to replace Ganondorf.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Regardless of what people think, Ghirahim's fighting chances have to be lower than 1%.
Fighting chances for what!!?? Are you being biased towards him?

Also, how are you judging his fighting capabilities if the game hasn't even released yet? You are just making assumptions without cold hard facts as to why he would be at 1%.

State your case.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

The sword was incidental, I think Ganondorf has always primarily been a wizard/warlock.

That said, I want him to use dark magic and a trident, but in a way that mimics Twinova and the Gerudo, respectively.
The dark magic would also had uniqueness to him as well, a sword would be alright but having him without would lessen the roster of "just" another sword user.

D

Deleted member

More hate for new Pokemon, I see...I had to make the refuse joke.
I;d laugh if he got in. But as Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said; Pokeball Treatment is good for him.
Ironically enough, about a week ago, someone suggested that Ganondorf gets replaced by Ghirahim. Definitely a face-palm worthy moment.
Regardless of what people think, Ghirahim's fighting chances have to be lower than 1%.
I wouldn't say Ghirahim's chances are strong now, but 1% is underestimating him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Is this bias I see towards Little Mac? Sorry to break it to you but he's getting in regardless whether you think he's "boring" or not, deal with it shortie prince. :p

Yeah confident much? The game was never as well recieved by the Japanese fanbase as it was by American.

Shortie"Prince" wins.

If anyone has a bias it's you. I just think he's boring. I don't hate him.

Meowth. He's on your poll and you didn't list him on the results. He has more than 90 votes.
Oops! I'll fix that next time around. I promise to be more thorough. :/

OmegaXXII

Right! Ghirahim may very well not be highly considered, but for people to say he doesn't have a chance is taking it too far.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sorry, but I just don't like his attitude in any way.
I feel like I've asked you this question a lot lately, but

Why?

@Ghirahim discussion

He has about the same chance as Midna did in Brawl. . . and look where that got her. Circumstances are different now, but still. A non-Ganon villian is just another of many so far.

Fun fact: Despite many, many followers during the Melee days, if it wasn't FOR Ganon being a clone, Sakurai said he would have never been in Melee. So the reason you dislike him, is pretty much the only reason he showed up, ironnically enough.

OmegaXXII

Yeah confident much? The game was never as well recieved by the Japanese fanbase as it was by American.

Shortie"Prince" wins.
Well, the only reason why I said Little Mac has a chance was because of his latest game on the Wii and his AT appearance in Brawl, also alot of people seem to want him in as well, as for Japan I'm not exactly sure, how did you come about that the game wasn't taken very good??

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Why would they add someone who's most recent game was a remake ? how can Ganondorf be mixed in the flow with skyward characters ? expect this if Girahim has a big role in Skyward Sword say good bye to Ganondorf (anyways he was a clone so it's not a big loss for sakurai to), and if Girahim is the final boss than he is the father of all evil in the Zelda universe because he is the one that caused Link to develop the Master Sword.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
The dark magic would also had uniqueness to him as well, a sword would be alright but having him without would lessen the roster of "just" another sword user.

I feel inspired; think I'm gonna make up a Ganondorf moveset tonight. I bet dozens have already been made, but whatever. I'll post it here when I'm done.

I;d laugh if he got in. But as Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said; Pokeball Treatment is good for him. Ironically enough, about a week ago, someone suggested that Ganondorf gets replaced by Ghirahim. Definitely a face-palm worthy moment.I wouldn't say Ghirahim's chances are strong now, but 1% is underestimating him.
I agree with this. His chances aren't zero, they're just significantly lower than, say, Tingle.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Lol..but I believe he is iconic to the franchise of Zelda, he has always had a big role, not to mention he has somewhat established in the Smash universe since Melee, I wouldn't rule out Ganondorf.

He was established as a clone not as full-fledged character like Bowser, you guys better remove the fanboys goggles because I already did and I'm expecting even my favorite character to be replaced, be logical because it's what makes people different than animals.

OmegaXXII

Well let me ask you this, why do you think relevance in a game is more important than iconic stature? So much such that it should be overruled?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why would they add someone who's most recent game was a remake ? how can Ganondorf be mixed in the flow with skyward characters ? expect this if Girahim has a big role in Skyward Sword say good bye to Ganondorf (anyways he was a clone so it's not a big loss for sakurai to), and if Girahim is the final boss than he is the father of all evil in the Zelda universe because he is the one that caused Link to develop the Master Sword.
I find this silly. If this was true, Ganon would never had made it into Melee, because Majora played a major role in the most recent Zelda ATM. Then Zant for Brawl. I think you're forgetting that the only constant characters in Zelda are:

Links
Zeldas
Ganons
Tingle(s)?
Genereic races.

Well, the only reason why I said Little Mac has a chance was because of his latest game on the Wii and his AT appearance in Brawl, also alot of people seem to want him in as well, as for Japan I'm not exactly sure, how did you come about that the game wasn't taken very good??
Well when it comes down to it, he is a good pick. But he isn't 100%. Just look up the sales of his two games. They both did better in the US than in JP. We like him more than they do.

He was established as a clone not as full-fledged character like Bowser, you guys better remove the fanboys goggles because I already did and I'm expecting even my favorite character to be replaced, be logical because it's what makes people different than animals.
Could you say that with a straight face?

D

Deleted member

*face-palm*

Ganon(dorf) is the main villain of the most Zelda titles and is the most important villain while we're at it. A one-shot villain is almost certainly not going to replace the main villain of the series. Ganondorf will come back to the series; it's just a matter of when.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
*face-palm*

Ganon(dorf) is the main villain of the most Zelda titles and is the most important villain while we're at it. A one-shot villain is almost certainly not going to replace the main villain of the series. Ganondorf will come back to the series; it's just a matter of when.
Unless they finally decide to make a story post TP. I think Ganon is like, dead dead at that point. I think he's also dead in the Toon Link timeline as well.

Of course, they could pull an "In-Between" type thing for Zelda WiiU. The story could take place at a point in time where Ganon wasn't dead. I just don't think he's actually alive post TP or ST.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well guess you can't see very well be cause you are putting double fanboyish goggles.....you better be prepared for everything, you might think ganondorf is important but he isn't in the eyes of the developers....

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well guess you can't see very well be cause you are putting double fanboyish goggles.....you better be prepared for everything, you might think ganondorf is important but he isn't in the eyes of the developers....
Either: You're trolling and it isn't funny, or you know nothing about LoZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom