• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I think he was being sarcastic, knowing him.

I don't see why the developers would ever ignore Ganondorf since he is highly looked by Miyamoto.

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Idk, if the LoZ was highly respected as one of their best selling franchises, why do all the LoZ characters always suck in SSB? (Bar Toon Link in Brawl)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...Did he really just say Ganondorf isn't an important character?

Changing the topic before things get out of hand.

Miscellaneous stages that don't have playable character representation. Discuss.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Idk, if the LoZ was highly respected as one of their best selling franchises, why do all the LoZ characters always suck in SSB? (Bar Toon Link in Brawl)
I always thought Zelda was decent in Melee... the real question is why are the space animals always so good? Seriously watch Krystal or whoever the hell gets in be high tier

OmegaXXII

because he is one of the so called sacred 12 and i bet luigi has a different situation than Ganondorf , it's just that Ganondorf isn't that important of a character and for me Clone = Disposable.
I'm sorry, but I definetly disagree with you here, Ganondorf is very important to the Zelda franchise, the fact that he was treated as a clone in Smash was because Sakurai simply didn't have the time to give him his own moveset, also what makes you think he won't get another moveset at all,? just because he's been a clone/semi-clone doesn't mean he will be deemed to always be one, Sakurai could very well change Ganondorf now that SORA is helping him in development, fact is it's easier on Sakurai since he isn't doing everything on his own.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
because he is one of the so called sacred 12 and i bet luigi has a different situation than Ganondorf , it's just that Ganondorf isn't that important of a character and for me Clone = Disposable.
Zelda fans would disagree with you. Can't have only two-thirds of the triforce trio, it's simply not done.

Here's where I'm at on my Ganondorf moveset right now. Comments and critiques are welcome.

Neutral B: Dark Bolt. References: Ganon Tennis, Bow, Light Arrow. Ganon charges up a sphere of yellow electricity and fires it, a la Lucario. Its initial velocity is very slow, but it can be reflected by any attack and gain speed with each rebound. Direction is straight ahead, but can be deflected in other directions.

Side B: Silver Knuckle. References: Old Ganon, Nabooru/Iron Knuckle, Silver Gauntlets. Ganondorf swipes forward, grabbing the opponent and throwing them down on the ground. If in midair, both slam to the ground. Pretty much unchanged from Brawl, although the range is much longer than that of Captain Falcon's Raptor Boost.

Up B: Deceptive Dive. References: Old Ganon, Lens of Truth, Iron Boots. Ganon vanishes and reappears in the direction you tilt the control stick, much like Zelda but with shorter range. Upon reappearing he goes into what is basically a Wizard’s Foot spike kick that descends much further than can ascends. Makes a loud clang when connecting with a character or the ground.

Down B: Twin Souls. References: Twinrova, Ice Cavern, Poe Sisters, Mirror Shield. A ring of four purple flames encircle Ganondorf. If they connect with an enemy, a spike of red ice will erupt from the ground as a finisher (ahhhhh…now you know where red ice comes from), surrounding Ganondorf and knocking the opponent upward. Can deflect projectiles.

Note that both of his major means of recovery come with great risks of failure. This is vastly different from any other character in SBB and I think fitting for Ganondorf specifically.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I always thought Zelda was decent in Melee... the real question is why are the space animals always so good? Seriously watch Krystal or whoever the hell gets in be high tier

LOL opps my bad, I forgot. Sheik wasn't bad in Melee.

Also idk why that is either. I have no problems with it though. Fox has never been horrible in Smash :awesome:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Can't you just read the post instead of asking? Not trying to be mean, oh yeah Phosto I like those moves for Ganondorf

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
/Ike's illogical "logic"

Next subject.
I fight for my friends!

I was partly being facetious in that. I'm pretty certain the entire Zelda fanbase would flip out if Ganondorf were cut. It's almost as taboo as removing Bowser at this point.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I'm sorry, but I definetly disagree with you here, Ganondorf is very important to the Zelda franchise, the fact that he was treated as a clone in Smash was because Sakurai simply didn't have the time to give him his own moveset, also what makes you think he won't get another moveset at all,? just because he's been a clone/semi-clone doesn't mean he will be deemed to always be one, Sakurai could very well change Ganondorf now that SORA is helping him in development, fact is it's easier on Sakurai since he isn't doing everything on his own.
Ganondorf was added in melee for being in OoT and he was added in Brawl for being in TP now Ganondorf has no recent presentation in the Zelda Mainstream titles. Even you think he is important there are other factors that support Ganondorf inclusion in the SSB. franchise for now these logical factore are absent,which will show how important of a character is Ganondorf, if he survived replacement (if there was one) than I'll admit I was wrong.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I fight for my friends!

I was partly being facetious in that. I'm pretty certain the entire Zelda fanbase would flip out if Ganondorf were cut. It's almost as taboo as removing Bowser at this point.
Even if you were, that was a good point. Tri-force with two....LOL

So any news on Kuromu? (That's what Krom/Chrome's name was spelled in those screenshots I saw)

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
You know something they really need to do is change some voices... I'm sorry but Pit sounds horrific

OmegaXXII

Ganondorf was added in melee for being in OoT and he was added in Brawl for being in TP now Ganondorf has no recent presentation in the Zelda Mainstream titles. Even you think he is important there are other factors that support Ganondorf inclusion in the SSB. franchise for now these logical factore are absent,which will show how important of a character is Ganondorf, if he survived replacement (if there was one) than I'll admit I was wrong.
Well, relevance isn't always the main cause in which a character gets in, if it were the case then The Ice Climbers Marth and Game& Watch would have never gotten into Melee, I know relevance plays a role but it isn't entirely what decides a characters chances, like you said other factor play a role as well.

Even if you were, that was a good point. Tri-force with two....LOL

So any news on Kuromu? (That's what Krom/Chrome's name was spelled in those screenshots I saw)
Kuromu?? No new news that I heard of, just some video s of him playing "tag" style with Liz(the girl) I believe.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well, relevance isn't always the main cause in which a character gets in, if it were the case then The Ice Climbers Marth and Game& Watch would have never gotten into Melee, I know relevance plays a role but it isn't entirely what decides a characters chances, like you said other factor play a role as well.

Kuromu?? No new news that I heard of, just some video s of him playing "tag" style with Liz(the girl) I believe.
Ice Climber , R.O.B and G&W were included for being relics in nintendo history ,while Marth was added to give Fire Emblem a go worldwide and he is a relevant now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom