• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Including third-party characters like Snake and Sonic was a step forward for the Super Smash Bros. series, including characters that are not debuted through video games (4th party) is a step even further, and Marvel happens to be a good start judging by the fact that Sakurai is interested in working with Capcom for the next Super Smash Bros. Including Final Fantasy and Nippon Ichi characters (Disgaea and Phantom Brave) is two steps more forward. So in turn, I hope Nintendo can go four steps forwards and try to appeal to other gamers as well.
Great, lets turn smash into ****ing MUGEN.

Disregard that the ****ing name of the game in Japan is NINTENDO ALL STAR.

SixWingedAsura

Banned via Warnings
Can Master/Crazy hand (or a miniature representation thereof) be included? Come on, it'd be awesome! It could walk on two fingers! And you'd have mini versions of certain attacks! Gun, pound, slap, ect!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
as much as I understand your hate for either , the possibility still exists
It shouldn't turn into a horrible game like Super Smash Flash or whatever the crappy flash version was called.

If they want anime in a fighting game, import one from Japan. If they want Marvel characters, play marvel vs capcom.

Smash is for Nintendo characters and guests

Edit: Also leave Thor Vs Lupey Vs Mario to MUGEN

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Probably not because it's good free advertising for those companies, but I doubt we'll see any characters that did not originate in video games
Considering that the inclusion of Snake in Brawl was due to the request from the creator (Hideo Kojima) rather than the fandom themselves (which was the case of Sonic's appearance in SSBB), so Hideo didn't really ask too much in monetary terms when including Snake in unlike Sega.

EDIT: Inclusion on some of the Capcom characters I've suggested may be possible depending how much the original creators wants it or not (or fandom bragging rights). Inclusion due to fandom bragging rights would obviously have more money involved than original creator's request (like the case with Solid Snake).

mynameiscamden

Smash Rookie
If they actually added Tingle, I would have to kill someone. Some poor ******* who works at Nintendo would have to die for my utter and complete rage. There are TONS of better characters than Tingle. And who the F is Ninten? I'd also like to reject the idea of Slippy. He makes me only slightly less confused than the suggestion for Mother Brain.

EDIT: Crap, accidently double posted. Sorry.
Haha I completely understand your feelings about Tingle but he's popular in Japan and even has his own successful spinoff games and Ninten is the character from the first Mother, before Ness.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Haha I completely understand your feelings about Tingle but he's popular in Japan and even has his own successful spinoff games and Ninten is the character from the first Mother, before Ness.
Isn't his last game 2 generation old or something?

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some more Assist Trophy thoughts...

Midna: Midna appears in her imp form. When summoned, she'll use her powers to inflict damage to opponents. On rare occasions (about 10%), she'll use the Fused Shadows to change into a creature that can heavily damage opponents.

Sledge Bro.: It'll perform a ground pound, which will stun nearby opponents who are on the ground. If opponents are too close, it'll use its hammer to knock them back.

Rotohex: When summoned, several hexes will start falling from above. The hexes don't do much damage, but the damage can rack up, due to how many there are.

Tom Nook: Tom Nook will leave behind a set of boxes, which will contain various items. However, some of the boxes may contain explosives.

Ducks: Two ducks from Duck Hunt will fly around. Although the ducks are harmless, a target cursor will be following them. Don't get caught in the crosshairs, or you may take some good damage from the shot.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
@Mario and Sonic Guy, those are some excellent ATs! I especially like the duck hunt idea. Very cool. :)

Even as a semi-competitive player, I enjoy all those little things the developers add in, like ATs and stuff. Always a lot of fun.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
@Mario and Sonic Guy, those are some excellent ATs! I especially like the duck hunt idea. Very cool. :)

Even as a semi-competitive player, I enjoy all those little things the developers add in, like ATs and stuff. Always a lot of fun.
Only if a dog rises from the bottom of the screen and starts laughing if you get shot

Edit: Yes, NOW I realize I just posted twice in a row instead of editing

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm beginning to wonder how much of a chance Xenoblade will have in terms of being a new series we see in the next Smash? It appears we are going to see Xenoblade localized, rumours are stating by September. If Sakurai was considering Saki Amamiya prior Star Successor, than why wouldn't Sakurai take a look at this series? It is a Nintendo IP that is doing fairly well in Japan and has some kind of following in the West. Would Shulk be such a surprising pick?

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Honestly I'd be perfectly okay with that. I actually imported Chronicles, and though my Japanese isn't good, it's pretty fun.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Some more Assist Trophy thoughts...

Midna: Midna appears in her imp form. When summoned, she'll use her powers to inflict damage to opponents. On rare occasions (about 10%), she'll use the Fused Shadows to change into a creature that can heavily damage opponents.

Sledge Bro.: It'll perform a ground pound, which will stun nearby opponents who are on the ground. If opponents are too close, it'll use its hammer to knock them back.

Rotohex: When summoned, several hexes will start falling from above. The hexes don't do much damage, but the damage can rack up, due to how many there are.

Tom Nook: Tom Nook will leave behind a set of boxes, which will contain various items. However, some of the boxes may contain explosives.

Ducks: Two ducks from Duck Hunt will fly around. Although the ducks are harmless, a target cursor will be following them. Don't get caught in the crosshairs, or you may take some good damage from the shot.

Very good ideas. I also really like the Duck Hunt one.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I'm beginning to wonder how much of a chance Xenoblade will have in terms of being a new series we see in the next Smash? It appears we are going to see Xenoblade localized, rumours are stating by September. If Sakurai was considering Saki Amamiya prior Star Successor, than why wouldn't Sakurai take a look at this series? It is a Nintendo IP that is doing fairly well in Japan and has some kind of following in the West. Would Shulk be such a surprising pick?

He looks pretty cool actually. I think he'd be a good pick, and is probably kinda likely. Looks like he'd fit in just right with Smash.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Does anyone believe that SSB4 will get its own controller specifically tailored to the game? Perhaps something to simulate the Gamecube controller? Sakurai did say the best way to play Brawl was on the GCC, and, given that there is only one tablet per Wii U, and the only remaining controller options are Wii leftovers, I find this to be quite possible. I figure we gotta stay hopeful, you know? :)

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Does anyone believe that SSB4 will get its own controller specifically tailored to the game? Perhaps something to simulate the Gamecube controller? Sakurai did say the best way to play Brawl was on the GCC, and, given that there is only one tablet per Wii U, and the only remaining controller options are Wii leftovers, I find this to be quite possible. I figure we gotta stay hopeful, you know? :)
I think the tablet is going to be the main way to play smash just to keep it relevant to the 3ds. SSB. because the control scheme is heavily the same.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I think the tablet is going to be the main way to play smash just to keep it relevant to the 3ds. SSB. because the control scheme is heavily the same.
It seems like the obvious choice but still, a bit of options such as the classic controller or maybe even a Gamecube remake via USB would also help as far as choices go.

:phone:

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
I do realize in this thread that while having Marvel characters in Super Smash Bros. 4 is a great idea (since Capcom is being involved here), it might not work out realistically. But still, I still defend my position of including the Marvel and Disgaea/Phantom Brave characters. You can't change my mind. I have ideas.

Being said, I would even be surprised if Marvel jumps into the picture.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Nintendo ALWAYS has customizability. ALWAYS. The question is not whether there will be multiple control schemes, but rather how many.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Let me repeat for like the last time:

Smash will not use the tablet. The console only supports 1 (possibly 2), and the quality and make of the controller is just not good for Smash.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
The tablet doesn't even have a control stick. There sure as hell better be more options. With all the time it'll take developing SSB4, I strongly believe there will be.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The tablet doesn't even have a control stick. There sure as hell better be more options. With all the time it'll take developing SSB4, I strongly believe there will be.
Since you can only use 1 tablet per system, I highly doubt it will be the only option

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
It has something better a Circle pad with textures.

Edit : Guys I'm not implementing that it's the only way to play but I'm just saying you'll never know how good the new controller until you grab it in your hand and play with it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, I just started playing Kirby Super Star on the Virtual Console for the first time... I must say I really, really like the game. It has that Smash Bros. vibe going... no surprise there. But I was surprised to discover secret origins of some characters' moves. Here are some examples I can think of right now:

- R.O.B.'s Up+B was Jet Kirby's double jump.
- Ice Climbers' Side+B was Hammer Kirby's running attack.
- Meta Knight's Up+B was Wing Kirby's aerial attacks.
- Ness's Smash Up+A and Smash Down+A was Yo-Yo Kirby's attacks.

It was like... wow! Sakurai did not just make up moves for characters who didn't fight very often or had little moveset potential... he recycled his ideas from Kirby games into these characters!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Looks like an interesting sword user.

IMO Cloud would be better (but ain't happening)

Even though I'm up for sword users, I think adding a bit too many of them would make the characters seem and feel a bit generic, even if that character happens to be unique. Like Psycho mentioned they would also feel "cliched" due to their sword nature.

Sword fighters are good and all but you have to keep the number of them low otherwise it will end up looking like Soul Calibur which is not the point of smash.

Sword fighter in previous installments:

Ike
Marth
Roy
Link
Young Link
WW Link

Ganondorf isn't considered due to the fact of being cloned, but if he were to get another moveset altogether it "might" be another sword user among smash, I'm not saying he would totally have a sword but still.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
So, I just started playing Kirby Super Star on the Virtual Console for the first time... I must say I really, really like the game. It has that Smash Bros. vibe going... no surprise there. But I was surprised to discover secret origins of some characters' moves. Here are some examples I can think of right now:

It was like... wow! Sakurai did not just make up moves for characters who didn't fight very often or had little moveset potential... he recycled his ideas from Kirby games into these characters!
Really ?

I'm beginning to lose faith in Sakurai....

Sephy95

Smash Lord

Think thats better said in a different thread.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Looks like an interesting sword user.

IMO Cloud would be better (but ain't happening)

Even though I'm up for sword users, I think adding a bit too many of them would make the characters seem and feel a bit generic, even if that character happens to be unique. Like Psycho mentioned they would also feel "cliched" due to their sword nature.

Sword fighters are good and all but you have to keep the number of them low otherwise it will end up looking like Soul Calibur which is not the point of smash.

Sword fighter in previous installments:

Ike
Marth
Roy
Link
Young Link
WW Link

Ganondorf isn't considered due to the fact of being cloned, but if he were to get another moveset altogether it "might" be another sword user among smash, I'm not saying he would totally have a sword but still.

actually the opposite is the thing that will make it a Soul Calibur clone having different weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom