• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein should be costumes. Sadly, the latter one is unlikely.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh, PLEASE.
If they make Dixie with the Peanut PopGun and the Jetpack, it just wouldn't make sense...
Try to think of what I'm saying. Falco and Lucas are similar to their counterparts, which is to be expected.

I know one could twist an existing concept into something a bit different, but would Dixie really offer something new? She is BOUND to feel very similar to Diddy. It's not necessarily a bad thing, or a point against her, but it is not something I would prefer.

Rofl@Omega.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
So K. Rool discussion is not meaningful? What, you guys want to debate about third parties who have no chance whatsoever of getting into the game instead?

It would have already started at 6 over here.
Well in my eyes I see these 3rd party choices as probable:

Megaman
Professor Layton
Slime
Ryu H.
Geno*
Ryu* (street Fighter)
Dragon Quest Hero**
Tails**

*// means that are unlikely but possible as a replacement for a certain franchise.

**//means they are highly unlikely but could very much happen if japan voted or company shows interest.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Try to think of what I'm saying. Falco and Lucas are similar to their counterparts, which is to be expected.
I know one could twist an existing concept into something a bit different, but would Dixie really offer something new? She is BOUND to feel very similar to Diddy. It's not necessarily a bad thing, or a point against her, but it is not something I would prefer.
Sorry, my post was uncalled for. :urg:

Truth be told, I don't really see her or K.Rool getting in the game.
As a BIG fan of the DKC series[DKC2 is my favorite game of all times] I'm already happy with Diddy "I'm Awesome" Kong in the game.
If Dixie and/or K.Rool get in SSB4, I'll hoppity hop like a happy little pony, but I won't really expect them so much...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Actually, I do expect it. but seeing as how Diddy himself is hardly all that unique as far as his games go, I'm not sure how deep into play that discussion needs to be applied here.

I mean seriously look at DK over here. What moves was he assigned that came directly from his games?

Ground Pound
Perhaps his D-Air to some extent
F-Grab

Dude doesn't even use his barrel roll.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I like K. Rool transforming for every move, but I don't see it as likely, due to the programming effort that would likely take.

I'd love to be proved wrong about no K. Rool costumes. I just don't think he can get away with it, due to the hurtboxes and hitboxes between his costumes being so different.

...A lot of people here overrate third party chances by a longshot, and readers eat it up. If all of those characters are semi-likely, we'd be getting a massive swarm of new third-parties, which Sakurai is clearly against. Honestly, I have difficulty imagining a scenario where the third parties exceed three, four if we're lucky. Sonic and Snake are very likely returnees, due to popularity in and out of Smash, as is Megaman, due to higher popularity than pretty much every other third party combined, as well as his creators and Sakurai apparently conversing. Layton has a much lesser chance, but could be possible.

The others? Not happening...especially not multiple characters from Sonic. Even "oh, he's unlikely but it's possible if *insert scenario here*" is overrating their chances.

Also, just because some random schmo during an interview starts discussing their character and randomly saying how "amazing" it would be for them to be in Smash, doesn't mean Nintendo gives a flying damn. I'm looking at you, Suda 51...

EDIT: I don't trust Sakurai with characters similar to existing ones (Dixie to Diddy, for example), which is partially why I loathe swordsmen, because it's clear we're getting combos and stabs for specials, again, unless they're Isaac or Ganondorf, who have other abilities to draw from.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Are you a fan of one of those teams? I'm an Eagles fan but let's not get into a sports topic :p

:phone:
The Raiders!!

You Star are the man!!! :cool:

I t should be fun when you finally come join us in some meaningful conversation.
Sorry to disappoint you. I'm not a Raiders fan. :p

Even though I'm not usually a fan of theirs I'm rooting for Houston this year.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Guys, stay on topic. We don't want the thread locked again because of unnecessary IRL details.

Anyways, on topic, K. Rool has every reason to be playable over Dixie. This is fact.

OmegaXXII

I like K. Rool transforming for every move, but I don't see it as likely, due to the programming effort that would likely take.

I'd love to be proved wrong about no K. Rool costumes. I just don't think he can get away with it, due to the hurtboxes and hitboxes between his costumes being so different.

...A lot of people here overrate third party chances by a longshot, and readers eat it up. If all of those characters are semi-likely, we'd be getting a massive swarm of new third-parties, which Sakurai is clearly against. Honestly, I have difficulty imagining a scenario where the third parties exceed three, four if we're lucky. Sonic and Snake are very likely returnees, due to popularity in and out of Smash, as is Megaman, due to higher popularity than pretty much every other third party combined, as well as his creators and Sakurai apparently conversing. Layton has a much lesser chance, but could be possible.

The others? Not happening...especially not multiple characters from Sonic. Even "oh, he's unlikely but it's possible if *insert scenario here*" is overrating their chances.

Also, just because some random schmo during an interview starts discussing their character and randomly saying how "amazing" it would be for them to be in Smash, doesn't mean Nintendo gives a flying damn. I'm looking at you, Suda 51...
I guess this wouldn't hurt.

OmegaXXII

Sorry to disappoint you. I'm not a Raiders fan. :p

Even though I'm not usually a fan of theirs I'm rooting for Houston this year.
Haha, I would go for the Texans but they dissapoint, anyway I can't wait for this Nintendo Conference to commence tonight, a stream?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
All you have to do to dumb down a MYM set is take away anything remotely interesting about them, and you have a Smash moveset...K. Rool's would still be a goldmine in comparison to others, mind you.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
OMG, its like every time I come to this thread there's a Diddy/Dixie discussion! ROFL.

Well, here's what I think: If people actually WANT a Diddy/Dixie team, then they should do a DK/Diddy team instead. Remember that DK game when Diddy and Dixie were together? That was like 16 years ago, right? That one game compared to 2 DKCs, DK Jungle Climber and countless spin offs from the Mario series as well kinda indicates that a DK/Diddy team happens MUCH more often doesn't it? Also, consider these thoughts:

-Sakurai intended to have these 2 together.
Supposedly, but the fact that Diddy's in on his own says something. Maybe he'll try it for smash 4 right? Of course - provided ideas NEVER change over time (6-7 years) and there wasn't a new and well recieved entry to the DKC series between Brawl and Smash 4.
-Diddy and Dixie were together before.
So? DK and Diddy were together before and they still are. The DK/Diddy ADVENTURES vastly outnumber the Diddy/Dixie ADVENTURE.
-I want Dixie in.
You do? Great, but why do you insist that she be paired with Diddy? If you want her, do you really think she's too insignificant to have her own SEPERATE slot? DK, Diddy and Dixie HAVE THIER OWN GAMES. WHY should any of them be forced to share a slot when they were the stars of their own games? How important are these characters really to you? Would you pair Mario and Luigi due to their M&L games?

K. Rool's more important though.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
All you have to do to dumb down a MYM set is take away anything remotely interesting about them, and you have a Smash moveset...K. Rool's would still be a goldmine in comparison to others, mind you.
OUCH.

Someone better get to translating movesets into Japanese, lol.

OmegaXXII

OMG, its like every time I come to this thread there's a Diddy/Dixie discussion! ROFL.

Well, here's what I think: If people actually WANT a Diddy/Dixie team, then they should do a DK/Diddy team instead. Remember that DK game when Diddy and Dixie were together? That was like 16 years ago, right? That one game compared to 2 DKCs, DK Jungle Climber and countless spin offs from the Mario series as well kinda indicates that a DK/Diddy team happens MUCH more often doesn't it? Also, consider these thoughts:

-Sakurai intended to have these 2 together.
Supposedly, but the fact that Diddy's in on his own says something. Maybe he'll try it for smash 4 right? Of course - provided ideas NEVER change over time (6-7 years) and there wasn't a new and well recieved entry to the DKC series between Brawl and Smash 4.
-Diddy and Dixie were together before.
So? DK and Diddy were together before and they still are. The DK/Diddy ADVENTURES vastly outnumber the Diddy/Dixie ADVENTURE.
-I want Dixie in.
You do? Great, but why do you insist that she be paired with Diddy? If you want her, do you really think she's too insignificant to have her own SEPERATE slot? DK, Diddy and Dixie HAVE THIER OWN GAMES. WHY should any of them be forced to share a slot when they were the stars of their own games? How important are these characters really to you? Would you pair Mario and Luigi due to their M&L games?

K. Rool's more important though.
I actaully agree with this, not alot of people have much sense like you when it comes to such questions, yes K. Rool is definetly more worthy and deserving.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
OUCH.

Someone better get to translating movesets into Japanese, lol.
Sorry for the harshness, but I have become increasingly cynical of Sakurai's movesets, particularly because he likes to reuse move concepts, just tweaking the animation and properties slightly to pass it off as original, as well as disregarding source material for characters who have absolute truckloads of it.

For example, more than half the cast kicks for a B-Air and spins for a N-Air.

Ganondorf speaks for himself.

MYM is purely hypothetical, and while it could never be implemented into Smash (despite a few ideas being practical and unique), a good portion of Brawl's attacks don't meet my (admittedly high) standards).

Also, while not a game with Dixie, DKCR was a massive, well-received game between Brawl and SSB4.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Ok, now I'm feeling salty

How many characters do we want for the next smash brothers? That's right 45.

Riddle me this: You think six characters is enough to add to the next game?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
My Options for 3rd party characters
Megaman
Slime and Chocobo
Black Mage
Travis Touchdown
Prof.Layton

That's all that comes to mind

edit: I want 49 characters 51 with form changes

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sorry for the harshness, but I have become increasingly cynical of Sakurai's movesets, particularly because he likes to reuse move concepts, just tweaking the animation and properties slightly to pass it off as original, as well as disregarding source material for characters who have absolute truckloads of it.

For example, more than half the cast kicks for a B-Air and spins for a N-Air.

Ganondorf speaks for himself.

MYM is purely hypothetical, and while it could never be implemented into Smash (despite a few ideas being practical and unique), a good portion of Brawl's attacks don't meet my (admittedly high) standards).
I've definitely noticed all the sharing going on. Off the top of my head, DK, Ness, and Peach share N-airs, right? WHILE I WOULD PLACE VARIETY AS TOP PRIORITY, I suppose in his defense, the moves have to be a bit simple so they can uh.. "combo" with one another?

I think we've seen the movesets become progressively more interesting though? I HAVE HIGH HOPES FOR SM4SH.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I see a lot of Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy stuff suggested here...I'll leave you all to rate and suggest whoever, but might I remind you how seriously Sakurai takes third party characters. We've only ever gotten third parties who are immensely popular, or who have stemmed from creators who are friends with Sakurai. Characters who, while having ties to Nintendo, aren't -that- popular, aren't going to be asked and paid for, and included, just to make a splash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom