• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since we're waiting for an announcement, here's my edited moveset, that not many saw yesterday. Any thoughts?

Cadea/Shiida

Attributes:
Caeda is a lightweight character similar to Fox (33th). Both her size and ground speed are both very close to Z.S. Samus (4-5th in both) due to her FE stats and light weaponry; while her ability to move around mid-air is high and close to Zelda's (13th).

Playstyle:
I see her as good overall on the ground but a nightmare in the air. Her attacks are quick and not very laggy, elegant in motion like Marth’s attacks, but are not very damaging or have very high knockback with either of her weapons. Therefore it would result in much of her gameplay centering on switching her weapons back and forth in order to fit the situation. In order to back her up in order to make kills she would have a very good recovery: 3 jumps, a glide, and limited flight with her U-Special. Unfortunately for her all of these aerial abilities come at a cost of being light weight and floaty.

Lance – Amazing range (slightly longer then Z.S. Samus’s whip), but terrible knockback, although the best knockback is sweet spotted at the tip of the lance,
Sword – Under average range (about Toon Link’s sword), but has better knockback then the lance,

Entrance - Flys in on her Pegasus, jumps off onto the stage as her Pegasus then flys into the background,

Neutral Special - Javelin/Sonic Sword - throws her lance a short distance, you charge it up like Link's Bow in order to gain distance and speed, but it makes her a sitting target, / slashes her sword to create a magic air slash, can't charge, little lag but lower priority than Javelin. Each does 6%,

Side Special - Pegasus Charge - dashes forward a short distance (3/5th the distance of the SF Side-S) and at the end slashes with her weapon, when she slashes it can be a Meteor Smash, think Wolf Flash but horizontal, does 3% during the dash, 10% on the weapon hit,

Up Special - Mount - mounts onto her Pegasus and is able to fly for a short period, same as Wings of Icarus,

Down Special - Weapon Change - Changes her weapon, from lance to sword and vice versa, lance is default.

Final Smash - Triangle Attack - launches opponent into the air and middle of the stage like Great Aether, the Pegasus Sisters (Palla, Catria, Est) appear from the background on their Pegasus's and do their signature Triangle Attack, 12% on the 1st hit, then 15% on each hit done by the Sisters, has an overall good knockback,

AAA - starts a rapid stabbing motion similar to Link's jab with her weapon, it may be held down, does 3% per hit,
Forward Tilt - leans forward and stabs opponent's with her weapon, think Ike’s F-Tilt. 8-10%
Up Tilt - a basic vertical slash, think Marth’s U-Tilt. 7-9%
Down Tilt – swipes once at the ground with her weapon, think Ike’s D-Tilt. 6-8%
Dash Attack – does a slide similar to Mario’s dash, it has a very laggy end. 7-8%

Neutral Air – spins her weapon in a horizontal position, 10-12%
Forward Air - same as F-Tilt but in the air, it has much less lag in comparison, 7-9%
Up Air - spins her weapon similar to Ike's U-Air, 10-12%
Down Air - thrusts her weapon downwards in a stabbing motion, can Meteor Smash (with the lance it may be the best in the game), 10-12%
Back Air - same as F-Air but backwards, has better knockback then it making it one of her few kill moves, 8-9%

Forward Smash – jumps slightly forward and slashes both of her weapons , sword 1st then the lance, it’s one of her few kill moves, has a good amount of lag in between weapons, Sword does 19-21%, Lance does 17-19%,
Up Smash - thrusts her equipped weapon up in the air in a motion similar to Marth’s U-Smash, has very little lag but has a low knockback (due to stabbing), 17-20%
Down Smash – slashes her weapon once forward then backwards in a similar to Marth’s D-Smash, 11-13%

Pummel – holds her weapon in one hand, the opponent in the other then, hits opponent with her knee, 2%
Forward Throw – bats the opponent forward with her weapon, it can Chain Grab, 5%
Up Throw - throws opponent up above her similar to Marth’s U-Throw, 3%
Down Throw - throws opponent down, jumps up and stabs them in the back with her weapon, it launches them upwards, does a great amount of damage, 10%
Back Throw – moves in front of the opponent, quickly turns around and bats them away with her weapon, has slightly more knockback then her F-Throw, 5%

Other:
3rd Jump – Summons her Pegasus briefly
Gliding - Summons her Pegasus
Glide Attack – jousts her weapon out for a quick sweep, as strong as Pit’s but has better range, is one of her killing moves, 12%

Taunts:
1. Playfully spins her lance/slashes her sword
2. Pets her Pegasus
3. Holds her weapon out, Says "I won't lose here!", if fighting Marth she says "Please stop my love..."

Costumes:
Green - Palla
Blue - Catria
Pink - Est
Orange - Elinca
White - Wedding Gown?

Kirby Hat: Gains her long blue hair, when copying her, he alternates between both her weapons,

Pros:
Fast
Amazing Range with her lance
Amazing Air game (next Jigglypuff?)
Best edgeguarder in the game (thanks to her Meteor Smash)
Can Chain Grab with her F-Throw
Great Recovery

Cons:
Poor Projectile
Low damage output
Very few kill moves
Light weight
Floaty

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hmmn..I love the weapon change move, I also adore that Tri-Attack Final Smash, the only problem I have is her recovery. don't you think it's unnecessary for her to mound on her Pegasus every single time she is using it to recover? I mean the animation would have to take place, unless the Pegasus comes out of nowhere. :awesome:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Somebody with reputable knowledge on Fire Emblem PLEASE take a look at Tri-Hy's moveset.

Lets try to hold attention to something for more than 2 minutes.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Somebody with reputable knowledge on Fire Emblem PLEASE take a look at Tri-Hy's moveset.

Lets try to hold attention to something for more than 2 minutes.
Thanks man for the backup.

I posted it again since we were too busy trolling and flaming yesterday to actually pay attention. Plus it beats waiting forever for some possible Nintendo news.

Anyway I'm most proud of the pic I found and her Final Smash, of which, FE fans should love and instantly recognize.

OmegaXXII

Yes, it's definetly a good moveset indeed, although, I prefer the Black Knight, but course more that Roy would be nice, Roy wouldn't beas hyped as Mewtwo, IMO Caeda would be since she seems unique enough.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yes, it's definetly a good moveset indeed, although, I prefer the Black Knight, but course more that Roy would be nice, Roy wouldn't beas hyped as Mewtwo, IMO Caeda would be since she seems unique enough.
Well I'm planning on editing my BK moveset soon after I finish my buffed Mewtwo moveset, so please look forward to that.

As for another FE character, like I've said I'm neutral on who we get, but I really do want to get one.

OmegaXXII

Oh, a BK moveset of your own eh, I'll heavily have to criticize it then. ;D

Yes, aside from the Black Knight I'm pretty neutral myself, with a possible new FE into the series our choices might change completely.

D

Deleted member

Games will be revealed in half a hour.

After September 18th, I'll bring in my newly made prediction, that is, if any.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh, a BK moveset of your own eh, I'll heavily have to criticize it then. ;D

Yes, aside from the Black Knight I'm pretty neutral myself, with a possible new FE into the series our choices might change completely.
Yeah it was the 1st moveset I posted here and from what I remember people liked it. :bee:

As for criticizing it, that's what I'm hoping for on all my movesets; although at the moment it would seem that people could care less about my ideas just like the stage I made. :p

I just hope we get some really good news from the conference. Too bad it'll be 1 am when info starts coming in and I have to wake up early tommorrow so I won't be around. :(

Also in case anyone is wondering, here's a link to where I found the Smash Caeda pic. http://ikusaba.nomaki.jp/gallery/top.htm

It's in Japanese, but it at least shows some characters the Japanese support for SSB4.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I was hoping more people talked about the roster. Or at least Star and SSBF.

That's because Kirby's his baby, though. It's very evident that he tried to cram as much Kirby in Brawl as possible...all three characters are stae game is from a Kirby grters, all three hold unparalleled importance to SSE's plot, hell even the most OP item in thame no one remembers. I don't think Sakurai would have done that for any other franchise, excepting of course the cash cows that are Mario and Pokemon.
I'm going to use Occam's razor and say the simplest answer is the best. Kirby got two new characters because it had two good characters.

My predictions are that Dixie will tag team with Diddiy, K. Rool won't make it in because we already have two villainous heavyweights, Palutena will lose to Medusa because the latter has more moveset potential and marketability, and we'll only get one new samurai to make room in the roster for more diverse characters like Little Mac, Isaac, and the inevitable WTF character. That is how I look at the characters on their own merit. That's just how I see things going...people may interpret differently.
Kind of the point is that I'm going away from the conventional wisdom, part of which tries to limit representation. What you posted takes that to the extreme even limiting characters of similar type. What I'm saying is that thinking is wrong because it more often than not is wrong. I'm saying look at the characters, not the series.

This is a mistake that a lot of new people make. Once you sit though a Smash Brothers game and see all your predictions be wrong, you'll see what I mean. Heck, I swore Toon Link wouldn't happen.

D

Deleted member

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Games will be revealed in half a hour.

After September 18th, I'll bring in my newly made prediction, that is, if any.
Half an hour as in 30 minutes or an hour and a half?

Good news in regards to Star Fox 64 3D's sales.

http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/09/star_fox_barrel_rolls_into_uk_all_format_top_ten It has reached the Top 10 in best-selling games on all format and is currently #1 for the 3DS. It's just the UK, but those worried about Wolf and/or Falco getting axe may rest in peace if the good sales continue.Currently working on homework. Hopefully I'll have time afterwards tonight to comment.
This is awesome news. :)

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Eighteen minutes.

Since the roster won't likely be finalized until late 2012, if a new game is announced by next year, Krystal may have a good shot of getting in, although I'm not getting my hopes up.

Also Thrillhouse, IIRC, only Command didn't do so hot. The rest sold in the millions and I would not be surprised if this remake did as well.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Quick question:

Which games have been rumored to be announced?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
None are official, just WarioWare 3DS, Yoshi 3DS and FE according to Star.

While I don't trust Star completely, I do hope he's right. Although I'm really just nervous about FE since that will be the game that will effect SSB4 the most.

OmegaXXII

While I don't trust Star completely, I do hope he's right. Although I'm really just nervous about FE since that will be the game that will effect SSB4 the most.
I'm quite nervous as well, as this will determine what FE characters would get in, if it came to pass I believe Caeda's and The Black Knight chances would literally go down the drain, they are marginal as it is, another entry would just hurt them bad, but at the same time it makes me look forward to what's in store, hopefully it will be the rumored Yoshi 3DS.

@SSBF: You want the stream?

EDIT: Here's the stream for anybody: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2011/index.html

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm quite nervous as well, as this will determine what FE characters would get in, if it came to pass I believe Caeda's and The Black Knight chances would literally go down the drain, they are marginal as it is, another entry would just hurt them bad, but at the same time it makes me look forward to what's in store, hopefully it will be the rumored Yoshi 3DS.
Exactly, personally if it were to happen then I'm hoping for a remake of Gaiden.

I finished playing it a few weeks ago, and is really needing for a remake; plus Cellica would be perfect for Smash. She'd play out Ike and Zelda mixed together.

Link to stream please.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I was hoping more people talked about the roster. Or at least Star and SSBF.
Please don't take it personally. I'm going to respond. I'm simply waiting until after the conference. I want to see if anything changes. It isn't likely, but still I just want to see. As I said I agree with most everything you wrote. I only questioned Palutena, that is about it.

None are official, just WarioWare 3DS, Yoshi 3DS and FE according to Star.

Hey now, don't put words in my mouth. The ONLY thing I said was a little more credible was FE.

EDIT: Skyward Sword is so freaking BEAUTIFUL!!!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
**** my computer won't load the stream. :facepalm:

I'll be back in 20 and am crossing fingers on some news.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What did I miss? :scared:

The conference is tabbed on my Internet right now, but I've got to do a little more homework. I'll pay attention when I hear some interesting title or term thrown in like "Yoshi".
A bunch of new Skyward Sword footage. I'm going to go ahead and say this. This will probably be my favorite 3D Zelda ever.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So I'm assuming it's a physical based move without any psychic attribute? Well if it is it kinda reminds me of Psywave which is normal based and takes based on some damage??

The way that Psystrike works is that its damage is calculated by the user's SP ATK stat, and the target's (physical) Defense stat.

Normally, special attack damage involves the user's SP ATK, and the target's SP DEF.

Watch what? I don't understand

YO For all you who fall under the criteria that Kupa described

THIS is KRool

NOT THIS
Either way, they're one in the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom