• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You know what would be a fun special effect to see if Tingle was playable? Whenever he gets hit, a small amount of rupees fly out of his body whenever hit. The harder the hit, the more rupees come out. No, you can't collect them. I would just be a special feature for him.
That would be amazing, actually.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I was asked about K. Rool costumes...

I think it is doubtful at best, due to the general laziness that seems to go into development of individual characters, not to mention Sakurai's blatant neglect of source material.

Kaptain faces problems because of his hat, which would have to take the place of K. Rool's crown toss, not to mention any moves where he hits with the crown's spikes (to headbutt, for example).

Baron is screwed because his jetpack would face issues being programmed under his cape, he has nothing to use as a crown substitute, and Nintendo moronically pretends DKC3 doesn't exist.

Dixie is not a threat to K. Rool. Most of you who I see saying this are either listening to hearsay about her popularity or making wild guesses about what role she would have had before she was cut.

:phone:
My idea to have both Dixie & K. Rool would be this. Make K. Rool a playable character with his own slot. Dixie can be a switching character with Diddy. Get rid of the Banana Toss Diddy has. Instead Diddy jumps into a DK Barrel, which later breaks and you are now Dixie.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
You know what would be a fun special effect to see if Tingle was playable? Whenever he gets hit, a small amount of rupees fly out of his body whenever hit. The harder the hit, the more rupees come out. No, you can't collect them. I would just be a special feature for him.
That would be hilarious, more of a reason somebody should create a moveset for this.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
My idea to have both Dixie & K. Rool would be this..
STOP, Double time

Sure Dixie would follow Diddy much like nana follows popo , but notice how the partner has never been an active part in DKC games (Until DKCR Co-op, which is understandable). The partner is shadowed out, meaning that the character doesn't perform unless called upon. This unlike, the IC's who both attack in the same stroke, Nana even acts on her own sometimes.

Without changing anything from the Selection screen, Diddy would remain the leader unless switched through a Down B. In this version, he would sacrifice his neutral special, the peanut popper (which isn't a heavily utilized technique anyhow), for the piggyback move.

Much like Donkey Kong's F-Throw, the combo would be able to toss one another in any direction. However, for recovery purposes, the player's throwing ability would resemble Lucario's recovery where he can "swerve" the direction.

Much like the game, any higher platforms that the partner is thrown will pull the player upwards. As you might imagine, mobility might be more difficult in the piggyback position. Especially if the design of that move takes away the player's ability to use their recovery special.

This would be the only technique that would heavily resemble the IC's, but in Diddy/Dixie's defense, the technique originated from their games.
_ _ _

In the other manner, such that the player would rather have Diddy's peanut popper and banana's, a player simply would select Diddy (or Dixie) from the character selection menu. This is similar to Zelda/Shiek and the Pokemon Trainer, except without access to the partner (AKA standalone play).

A De-sync may also occur in the unfortunate event that the player 'accidentally' throws their partner off the edge. Certainly the loss of the partner would leave the player without two special moves, so to compensate, the game would return the standalone moveset to the player.

To regain the partner play, the player need only press and hold a move like 'B' after falling off screen, otherwise he/she would retain the standalone play. Imagine they include the DK barrel at the return, as such in KRool Boss battles. The player could ignore it and it will blink away, or they can bust out their partner by pressing 'B'.

The only tedious portion to this style is the event that a player simply wants to startout with a Dixie combo, this could be easily compensated if the player holds a combination of buttons at the start of the match (much in the way that Zero Suit Samus can be accessed from the get go).

There you have it! In the end, we get a new character, Diddy get's a few moveset tweaks (which is not unheard of), and the Combo has its own authentic flare. My favorite thing about all of this is that the DKC memoirs will get their proper representation. Both DK and DKC can be spotted as an important sector of Nintedo's history.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I was asked about K. Rool costumes...
I think it is doubtful at best, due to the general laziness that seems to go into development of individual characters, not to mention Sakurai's blatant neglect of source material.
Kaptain faces problems because of his hat, which would have to take the place of K. Rool's crown toss, not to mention any moves where he hits with the crown's spikes (to headbutt, for example).
Baron is screwed because his jetpack would face issues being programmed under his cape, he has nothing to use as a crown substitute, and Nintendo moronically pretends DKC3 doesn't exist.
Maybe he could change his costumes everytime he used a different move.
Like, he is King, then when he is going to use his gun he turns into Kaptain. For the jetpack, he transforms into Baron, crown toss is King again...
He stays in the costume of the last costume-changing move until he uses other move.
Kinda like Pit's Bow/daggers.
It would also be funny to see.

OmegaXXII

I honestly don't see a connection between them.
It's not like TP Link and Toon Link are connected in Brawl, too...
There doesn't have to be a connection in order for them to be the same or liked.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
That would be hilarious, more of a reason somebody should create a moveset for this.
Just the expression on Tingle's face when he gets attacked and his money flies away would be priceless XD

Well, I did see a few Tingle move sets, but nothing interesting. My idea would be him using his Balloon for recovery, a bag of rupees to swing and attack, use a rolled up map to slap foes around, and maybe some random magic attacks. Also, maybe he can use an instrument (maybe a harp) for an attack. Or he can shoot pellets or darts out of a wooden tube. Just some random ideas of my own.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The Diddy/Dixie combo seems unnecessary...if Dixie solo is an option, why does she have to be shoehorned onto Diddy? Following him around and replacing two moves hardly seems like a legitimate reason when she has her own moveset.

OmegaXXII

Dixie is not a threat to K. Rool. Most of you who I see saying this are either listening to hearsay about her popularity or making wild guesses about what role she would have had before she was cut.

Agreed, but let's not jump to conclusions just yet, remember, Sakurai's bias also stands in the way if he were to prefer Dixie over K.Rool, not saying it will, just a thought since Sakurai also decides what goes in and what doesn't.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
The Diddy/Dixie combo seems unnecessary...if Dixie solo is an option, why does she have to be shoehorned onto Diddy? Following him around and replacing two moves hardly seems like a legitimate reason when she has her own moveset.

My favorite thing about all of this is that the DKC memoirs will get their proper representation. Both DK and DKC can be spotted as an important sector of Nintedo's history.
If you can do it, then why not?

Agreed, but let's not jump to conclusions just yet
Just stop homie, nobody's saying one has to get in over the other

OmegaXXII

How so? Sakurai didn't think so, he just found complications is all, what if he were to ressurect the idea??

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Because there's no reason to...why devalue both characters by slapping them together? Might I add which would consume development time as well...

EDIT: So we're assuming he'll resurrect Plusle and Minum for SSBU as well? Come -on-, it would be a cool concept that just didn't work out, why NOT put them in?

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
STOP, Double time
Well actually, I wasn't suggesting that they both work similar to the Ice Climbers. Just switching between the two when pressing Down B. Works like Pokemon Trainer, except you switch between 2 characters and they are changed by the DK Barrel rather than the Pokeball like the Trainer.

With this, the only move Diddy would lose is his Banana Peel Toss (if Tripping is taken out, what purpose would this move have)?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Might I add which would consume development time as well...
AH so now we're getting to the heart of the matter, why defeat something before it has a chance to bloom?

Personally, I hardly see how they devalue one another. If anything, they compliment one another.

Well actually, I wasn't suggesting that they both work similar to the Ice Climbers.
Don't worry about it, I wrote that a while back.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Could Dixie really offer anything all that interesting to the roster, or would we have another Falco or Lucas on our hands...?

Strange as it may sound, I feel K. Rool would out-prioritize her since, as a NON-MONKEY, he'd add a bit of variety to the DK cast. Aside from other reasons...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Exactly, just complete the set as if none of this forbidden seven business ever happened.
In a sense we'd really be getting one new addition, which would be KRool

It seems like a good idea not to focus on controversy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Could she add anything interesting as a CHARACTER to a duo with Diddy, or do people just want a mix of Ice Climbers and Zelda/Sheik for some odd reason...?

Dixie and Diddy have been together for one game, in 1995. She's thoroughly irrelevant now, and both have been established as solo adventurers anyways.

No, Sakurai counts transformations as characters. It's how he passed off ZSS as another Metroid character, and it's what he would do to Dixie if given the chance.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
In about three and a half hours hopefully we have something interesting to discuss. Or else I'm going to watch the Broncos Raiders game on ESPN.

OmegaXXII

Because there's no reason to...why devalue both characters by slapping them together? Might I add which would consume development time as well...

EDIT: So we're assuming he'll resurrect Plusle and Minum for SSBU as well? Come -on-, it would be a cool concept that just didn't work out, why NOT put them in?
Well, I guees if you look at a character' s plausability then I guess, still if Sakurai deems for them to be like that it will most likely happen personally I don't like the idea but I also won't reject seeing it considering he thought of it once before.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Oh, PLEASE.
If they make Dixie with the Peanut PopGun and the Jetpack, it just wouldn't make sense...
Dixie can use Ponytail Propeller, throw Orange Bombs, or even borrow a move from another DK Crew member and use Bow & Feather attack (think it was Tiny who used it)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
People just throw together crap Dixie sets with the helicopter hair as one unique move, then say she could still steal Tiny's feathers and be unique. That, or they have her randomly spawn half of DKC's item collection, even from games she doesn't use.

EDIT: He beat me to it.

OmegaXXII

In about three and a half hours hopefully we have something interesting to discuss. Or else I'm going to watch the Broncos Raiders game on ESPN.
The Raiders!!

You Star are the man!!! :cool:

I t should be fun when you finally come join us in some meaningful conversation.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Could she add anything interesting as a CHARACTER to a duo with Diddy, or do people just want a mix of Ice Climbers and Zelda/Sheik for some odd reason...?
Folks just don't read.

I can't help that, one trackness

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Guys, since the Tokyo Game Show starts at 9pm Pacific time in the states, what time does it start for us here in the NY Time zone?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Are you a fan of one of those teams? I'm an Eagles fan but let's not get into a sports topic :p

OmegaXXII

People just throw together crap Dixie sets with the helicopter hair as one unique move, then say she could still steal Tiny's feathers and be unique. That, or they have her randomly spawn half of DKC's item collection, even from games she doesn't use.

EDIT: He beat me to it.
What do you think of Cranky Kong and the animals? I have seen it brought up a couple of times before.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So K. Rool discussion is not meaningful? What, you guys want to debate about third parties who have no chance whatsoever of getting into the game instead?

It would have already started at 6 over here.

I have a Cranky Kong concept that involves him solo, throwing potions to make opponents massive, in order to land close-range damaging hitboxes on them (in the vein of Falcon's Knee or Zelda's Toe), then small for easy KOs. I think the Animal Buddies are too long gone, considering Nintendo has only focused on Rambi for a while now, although the idea is awesome.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well this is thoroughly disappointing

Bring it on Starphoe, this conversation certainly has no point in continuing.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Anyway, any K.Rool ideas as far as costumes go?
I think nobody actually read it:
Maybe he could change his costumes everytime he used a different move.
Like, he is King, then when he is going to use his gun he turns into Kaptain. For the jetpack, he transforms into Baron, crown toss is King again...
He stays in the costume of the last costume-changing move until he uses other move.
Kinda like Pit's Bow/daggers.
It would also be funny to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom