• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Because crouching totally saves other heavyweights from bottom tier...
Tell it loud fella!

There needs to be other factors that establish a heavy's dominance (besides strength) in such a fast paced game.

Hitstun + A heavy? Get ready for an asswhoopin.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Now I don't know much on DK stuff but I do know K. Rool is a Croc. Would his crouch be him on his belly like a real one would? His gut could flaten out a bit when he lays down.

I thought of another idea that can be consider. What Nintendo Toy are they going to incorporate into Smash? In Melee it was the super scope and in Brawl they have ROB. I'm wondering what's next. Power Glove, Running Pad, laser scope, U-Force?

vicgur

Smash Ace
Did I miss the chance to comment about Smashchu's roster?

I liked it. Not 100%[didn't like the lack of Isaac, and Sheriff? Seriously?], but overall the list isn't too bad.
Kudos for the patience, when doing that.

I think I'mma do an unchangeable list, too. I really liked the idea.

Oh, and the event is gonna start 5h from now[right now it's 7am in Tokio].

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Man, I find it interesting how all the characters that I love are so controversial among groups.

Would people absolutely loathe (4) if Isaac were playable?

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Now I don't know much on DK stuff but I do know K. Rool is a Croc. Would his crouch be him on his belly like a real one would? His gut could flaten out a bit when he lays down.

I thought of another idea that can be consider. What Nintendo Toy are they going to incorporate into Smash? In Melee it was the super scope and in Brawl they have ROB. I'm wondering what's next. Power Glove, Running Pad, laser scope, U-Force?
My guess would be the Power Glove. Maybe it can be a super punch type of move. Or maybe just electric shocks that stuns the foes when attacking with it.

On a off topic note: Why won't my signature show completely

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Because K. Rool would have a crouch, due to that set being creative for the sake of being creative, it would likely be him either playing dead or just generically bending over.

Speaking of K. Rool, I don't know whether you all were introduced to him in Mario Super Sluggers or something, but he's actually a fast character. His speed was pretty much retconned out of the series when Rare left, but considering Sakurai would likely use his DKC design like he did with the Kongs, K. Rool should be decently fast, albeit not a speed character.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Tell it loud fella!

There needs to be other factors that establish a heavy's dominance (besides strength) in such a fast paced game.

Hitstun + A heavy? Get ready for an asswhoopin.
That I could get behind.

Still don't think he'll make it. Dixie was in development for Brawl, and I just don't see DK being popular enough to get two new characters.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
His speed was pretty much retconned out of the series when Rare left, but considering Sakurai would likely use his DKC design like he did with the Kongs, K. Rool should be decently fast, albeit not a speed character.
Dude is surprisingly spry, His speed would probably be on par (if not more efficient) than DEED's, with a lot more punishment to whoever stays in his path.

That I could get behind
What an asswhoopin? What are you referring to man?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think it'd be hilarious to see K. Rool's idle animation as him constantly switching between his different personalities. I have a hard time seeing what exactly would make him stand out purely by his moveset, BUT I can tell he would offer a lot of personality, and I think that would count for something. I suppose even that would be conveyed in his attacks somehow, so maybe I shouldn't worry too much over his moveset.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Dude is surprisingly spry, His speed would probably be on par (if not more efficient) than DEED's, with a lot more punishment to whoever stays in his path.
I haven't played Mario Sports crap in years. Gimme a minute to find a vid. I need to see it to believe it's possible.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
BPKuppa, you got anything to add here?

You're probably the most knowledgeable in this department.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Did someone discuss about wich K.Rool would K.Rool be?
Kaptain, King, Baron K. Roolenstein?
Probably King, but Kaptain is cooler[should I say Kooler?]...
King would be his default, though Kaptain and Baron could feasibly be alternate costumes.

And I have just watched a Sluggers vid and, apart from the fact that I hate the cartoony character design, I concede K. Rool could work. But he still has to get through Dixie first.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
My guess would be the Power Glove. Maybe it can be a super punch type of move. Or maybe just electric shocks that stuns the foes when attacking with it.

On a off topic note: Why won't my signature show completely
I love the Power Glove. It's so bad. It would be a pretty cool item. I know in Zelda Games the Power Glove allowed you to break bricks or give you extra power. Actually I just realized that the Starfox team where something similar to the laser scope.

As for your signature it only has space for about 3 line of and it only has a maximum on the space it can show.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
This should be one of Starfy's alts

For someone reason I've been thinking about who I should main in this game... I'm thinking I'll stick with Lucario if he stays if he gets cut it'll be Zoroark with either Saki or Starfy as my secondary.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Watch what? I don't understand

YO For all you who fall under the criteria that Kupa described

THIS is KRool

NOT THIS
I don't see the difference... I think the second one kind of looks cooler though

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
That's right, the game came out in '94, that's why folks aren't getting it.

True that. I hate his newer design. Too cartoony.
Not sure why it lacks the emphasis on his EYE, but that's pretty typical of Nintendo.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I love the Power Glove. It's so bad. It would be a pretty cool item. I know in Zelda Games the Power Glove allowed you to break bricks or give you extra power. Actually I just realized that the Starfox team where something similar to the laser scope.

As for your signature it only has space for about 3 line of and it only has a maximum on the space it can show.
Actually I really didn't noticed that Star Fox had things similar to the NES accessories. Imagine how odd it would look if Fox picked up the Laser Scope (if it was an item)?

Yea maybe the Power Glove can work like DK's Giant Punch, but have a slow wind up and a limited amount of punches. But, it is the fist that has to connect, not the inside or the middle of the punch itself.

Thanks for the advice on the signature issues, lets see if I can fix it up.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
This should be one of Starfy's alts

For someone reason I've been thinking about who I should main in this game... I'm thinking I'll stick with Lucario if he stays if he gets cut it'll be Zoroark with either Saki or Starfy as my secondary.
Wow, that is so girly and cute as well, I like it. ^_^

vicgur

Smash Ace

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Actually I really didn't noticed that Star Fox had things similar to the NES accessories. Imagine how odd it would look if Fox picked up the Laser Scope (if it was an item)?

Yea maybe the Power Glove can work like DK's Giant Punch, but have a slow wind up and a limited amount of punches. But, it is the fist that has to connect, not the inside or the middle of the punch itself.

Thanks for the advice on the signature issues, lets see if I can fix it up.
Yeah I guess it's safe to say that he laser scope won't make it.

The Power Glove has many abilities. It's supposedly capable of playing every NES game (Though it mostly didn't work). There was a Power Glove special game where you grab balls and throw them or something. In Captain N it was an all powerful device that could do many things like create warp zones.

Sakurai will probably add his own thing to it like he did with the Super Scope and ROB. Instead of a DK Punch maybe a Captain Falcon or Warlock Punch. I like the limited amount of punches idea.

Also, I still think the Ray Gun should look like the NES Zapper.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
OMG PINK!!!! i'm going to curl up and die
What's wrong with it? it's the manliest color one can have, Captain Falcon would approve!!.

hah, I remember the Video Game Nerd alright.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Cynthia from D/P/Pt should appear in this game that way Lucario could stay she appeared in every 4th generation game and B/W so it wouldn't be that unlikely she could use Garchomp,Lucario, and Roserade.(I'm not really being serious just throwing that idea out)

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Oh my God, really!?
I hate that stupid dog. He's should be my loyal hunying partner, but he keeps laughing at me...
RESPECT ME, YOU FOOL!
Yup, I havent had the page for that long either. Still growing also. I also made that moveset for Duck Hunt Dog video on youtube (specials & final smash)

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well, to be fair, Diddy is really nice-looking in Brawl. Maybe if K.Rool/Dixie turn into fighters, their design will be back to normal awesome.
I believe that most of that had to do with having the twilight princess art style the standard for Brawl (albeit washed out/ tacked on).

We could very well have the more standard cartoony look you see here

That is, unless the LOZ Demo Kit caught some attention up there.

(Btw, that knuckle dragging mess of a gorilla found in Melee is NOT donkey kong: Minus 1 point.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom