• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Oh come o--

OH FINE.
Just to be clear, I love K. Rool. I just can't imagine enjoying playing as him in SSB, nor do I think his chances are as good as Dixie, or other villains. They'll only add so many bad guys to any given installment...most players would rather have heroes.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Okay, seems you have logic enough, fine I guess but having heroes only doesn't make sense, smadh needs more antagonists.
:phone:

D

Deleted member

Just to be clear, I love K. Rool. I just can't imagine enjoying playing as him in SSB, nor do I think his chances are as good as Dixie, or other villains. They'll only add so many bad guys to any given installment...most players would rather have heroes.
Some of the most popular requests for playable characters are villains. Ridley, King K. Rool, Bowser Jr., Medusa, and Mewtwo are all highly requested for playable appearances.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Agreed, Omega. Only Sakurai's bias can get in the way of that.

Mewtwo is the most requested character in Japan (and Roy), if I might add.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Smash actually has a pretty good balance of character weights.
I would agree with this, but K. Rool would easily be the least mobile character in the game. Maybe they could balance this with a solid keepaway game using projectiles like his crown and cannon and giving his melee attacks massive knockback, but I just can't see how I'd enjoy that. Ultimately he'd still be a huge, slow, walking target, and that's no fun for anyone.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
well, it cost more money. i don't know if nintendo was effected by the eath quake or not, but i know sakurai likes his low budgets
Well, its been some time since the tsunami hit Japan and I'm not sure if it effected Nintendo in any way. I do know that some 3rd party games got delayed cause of the tsunami, but that is about it.

And from a rumor I heard not long ago, the Wii U was actually being developed I think in South or North Korea if I recall correctly.

As for 3rd Party budgets, if Nintendo is willing to throw in 3rd Party games to their new consoles, I don't see how adding in a 3rd party character (maybe to even promote a future 3rd party game) be a big deal. But at the same time, we are talking about Sakurai here.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I can honestly see him getting shafted, but not because of... that.

OmegaXXII

I would agree with this, but K. Rool would easily be the least mobile character in the game. Maybe they could balance this with a solid keepaway game using projectiles like his crown and cannon and giving his melee attacks massive knockback, but I just can't see how I'd enjoy that. Ultimately he'd still be a huge, slow, walking target, and that's no fun for anyone.
Dude, you seriously need to check out K.Rool's moveset somebody made, you wanna look?

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Some of the most popular requests for playable characters are villains. Ridley, King K. Rool, Bowser Jr., Medusa, and Mewtwo are all highly requested for playable appearances.

Was there ever a poll and were the results published? Because that really doesn't mean anything unless those are literally the top five requested characters. Account for Toad, Paper Mario, Tingle, Toon Zelda, Dixie, Zoroark, Victini, X FE Lord, Isaac, Little Mac, Takamaru, Saki, Starfy, Mach Rider, Lip, etc. etc. etc. and suddenly the roster seems a lot smaller. Especially because since they already satisfied a huge number of villain slots in Brawl, the number of villains to select has gotten increasingly smaller...by contrast the number of potential heroes has still barely been tapped.

Lightbulb: There's a possibility that a single franchise will be represented by a villain, not a hero. Example might be Devil.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Mewtwo is the most requested character in Japan (and Roy), if I might add.
I think that I've asked this before, but I can't recall the outcome of that discussion. What sets Roy apart from other FE protagonists?

Does having a role in Melee (being a Vet) have anything to do with how he is evaluated?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Roy has only been in 1 game thus far in FE and was believed to be included as promotional material.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Dude, you seriously need to check out K.Rool's moveset somebody made, you wanna look?

I've probably read it, the one where he can't even crouch? No thanks. I don't want my favorite Nintendo villain to get his own K tier.

Roy has only been in 1 game thus far in FE and was believed to be included as promotional material.
That was my understanding as well. FE is like Pokemon...they'll just keep replacing the last lord with the one they currently need to market. Which is a huge shame because the same logic could be applied to justify Mewtwo never returning. FE Lords are all the same. Mewtwo is foverever.

OmegaXXII

Nope, people evaluate Roy's chances based on how demanded he currently is in Japan according to a poll taken recently.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Is it a newer poll? Is it official?

For the record, I never said anything about Roy's inclusion in my previous posts about him.

OmegaXXII

Haha, did you see those pictures of Deoxys fighting Mewtwo lol..? Tri-Hyphen mentioned him using Spoon Swords and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom