• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Didn't Sakurai mention about the realistic design in an interview?
I think thanks to HD graphics he's gonna want some nice realistic[and less cartoony] design in everything.

Sakurai will be like the "X all the things!!" meme, saying "HD ALL THE CHARACTERS!!".
The devs will be like "HD all the characters?"

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yup, I havent had the page for that long either. Still growing also. I also made that moveset for Duck Hunt Dog video on youtube (specials & final smash)
Wow, so somebody here actually supports Dog Hunt Dog besides myself?

Wow, i would definetly like to see that moveset, if available. :)

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I think thanks to HD graphics he's gonna want some nice realistic[and less cartoony] design in everything.

Sakurai will be like the "X all the things!!" meme, saying "HD ALL THE CHARACTERS!!".
It just makes me wonder how will Mr. Game & Watch would look in HD if it is even possible

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Of course every Pokemon minus water types has a chance and can work if sakurai is creative with their design and such.
GOLDEEN FOR SSB4!

I hope so. I wouldn't buy it if everyone were toony. Especially Toon Link. I really hope they don't use Skyward Sword models.

OmegaXXII

The devs will be like "HD all the characters?"
I believe so, it would make sense to utilize the HD graphics but again not all characters like kirby or Pikachu would go through such a transition of "realism"

vicgur

Smash Ace
It just makes me wonder how will Mr. Game & Watch would look in HD if it is even possible
Oh, God! I laughed so hard at this!!

I hope so. I wouldn't buy it if everyone were toony. Especially Toon Link. I really hope they don't use Skyward Sword models.
HA! Yeah right, man. They're probably sticking with TP Link. That makes sense, instead of updating his looks. Right.
And stop messing with mahboy Toon Link. :c He's the best Link ever![and that is REALLY my opinion]

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
I believe so, it would make sense to utilize the HD graphics but again not all characters like kirby or Pikachu would go through such a transition of "realism"
What if they kept Pikachu's design roughly the same, but added fur?

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Wow, so somebody here actually supports Dog Hunt Dog besides myself?

Wow, i would definetly like to see that moveset, if available. :)
I fully support him, one of the main newcomer characters I like to see in SSB4. The facebook page is on my signature.

And here is the moveset video (though it is just the specials, final smash, stage, music, and taunt)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIhxjCCHXj0&feature=channel_video_title

Toon Link would look kinda odd in HD if you ask me.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
HA! Yeah right, man. They're probably sticking with TP Link. That makes sense, instead of updating his looks. Right.
And stop messing with mahboy Toon Link. :c He's the best Link ever![and that is REALLY my opinion]
He's my favorite character to hate on, don't take it personally. :)

OmegaXXII

I fully support him, one of the main newcomer characters I like to see in SSB4. The facebook page is on my signature.

And here is the moveset video (though it is just the specials, final smash, stage, music, and taunt)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIhxjCCHXj0&feature=channel_video_title

Oh, wow, nice thing you have there, GO Dog Hunt!!

hah at Toon Link.

Toon Link >>>>>>>>>>>> vLink
What do you think of Young link??

vicgur

Smash Ace

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Who asked you? :cool:

_ _ _

vicG, don't you mean nobody likes a hater?

Haters always gonna hate like its in their DNA

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
That's just what I was thinking.
Kirby has nothing to be done, though.

I don't. But if you hate someone too much people might get unconfortable. Nobody wants to be a hater.
He can be made rounder?

I loathed Wind Waker. Beautiful game, barring the weird-*** character designs. But the gameplay was the most boring in the series.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Tingle is far worser than Ton Link could ever be, I mean the guy wears friggin tights dude.
Exactly

Wasn't this the pick from the guy that thought Ghirahim was a cross dresser?

I gotcha vic, that made perfect sense.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
He's my favorite character to hate on, don't take it personally. :)
Oh no, nothing personal at all. After all, like you said, he IS the character everyone loves to hate. I think that makes him stand out from many character choices in a good way.

Plus, he is still relevant with cameo appearances inside and outside the gaming world. A gaming icon

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I just wonder, if we get Link in his Skyward Swords art style, will that effect Toon Link's spot on the roster?

OmegaXXII

Ghirahim is small time. Tingle is the real deal.
Funny you mention this, Tingle wears friggin tights and Ghirahim looks like a "cross dresser" who do you guys prefer? me?

Ghirahim of course, what did you think I would say, Tingle? :awesome:

Anyway, I have yet to even see a Tingle moveset even though alot of people brag on and on that he can be playable, well, let's see it!!!

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
I just wonder, if we get Link in his Skyward Swords art style, will that effect Toon Link's spot on the roster?
I hope so. That way no one's happy.

I'm looking at the SS models and wondering if there's any conceivable way making them more realistic would improve them. It doesn't look promising.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I think that its pretty strange that the same version of Link is standard, but the alternate version is becoming taboo.

What happened to the idea of diminishing like designs?

Meh, why do I care, I hardly have any desire to play LoZ titles.

OmegaXXII

I'm looking at the SS models and wondering if there's any conceivable way making them more realistic would improve them. It doesn't look promising.
It doesn't "look promising" but it sure does bring something new to the table, also, it fits the series well since it's the current look that the series will have, speaking of which I wonder how Ganondorf's design will be remade or not, just like Sheik got her redesign in Brawl.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I was asked about K. Rool costumes...

I think it is doubtful at best, due to the general laziness that seems to go into development of individual characters, not to mention Sakurai's blatant neglect of source material.

Kaptain faces problems because of his hat, which would have to take the place of K. Rool's crown toss, not to mention any moves where he hits with the crown's spikes (to headbutt, for example).

Baron is screwed because his jetpack would face issues being programmed under his cape, he has nothing to use as a crown substitute, and Nintendo moronically pretends DKC3 doesn't exist.

Dixie is not a threat to K. Rool. Most of you who I see saying this are either listening to hearsay about her popularity or making wild guesses about what role she would have had before she was cut.

:phone:

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
You know what would be a fun special effect to see if Tingle was playable? Whenever he gets hit, a small amount of rupees fly out of his body whenever hit. The harder the hit, the more rupees come out. No, you can't collect them. I would just be a special feature for him.

OmegaXXII

Meh, why do I care, I hardly have any desire to play LoZ titles.
I am in the same boat with you as well, I honestly like it because of the music, never have i played a game, but SS will be my first though.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I honestly don't see a connection between them.
It's not like TP Link and Toon Link are connected in Brawl, too...

That's a little selfish of you, don't you think? "If I'm not happy, no one will be!"
About the SS models, you gotta think harder...

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
The Red Shell should return in this game, oh yeah did anyone make a K. Rool moveset yet?

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom