• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wow, way to cut Mewtwo and Lucario out completly, I would piss my pants if I found out they both made it in, honestly I don't care if we do get both just as long as we get Mewtwo back, I could care less for Lucario though, another method would be DLC to provide them I guess.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My Smash poll 2011 has reached five hundred votes as of yesterday, if anyone is interested I would be willing to do a summery on the results so far?

wolfgang92

Smash Rookie
someone from Black Ops or MW3 should be in Smash 4. He'd be like snake but with more guns. also snake should have silenced guns and stuff like in metal gear solid 4

how do tyou add a picture under your name on the left?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
My Smash poll 2011 has reached five hundred votes as of yesterday, if anyone is interested I would be willing to do a summery on the results so far?
IS IT BETTER THAN LAST TIME? HOW IS MY BOY RIDLEY.

Also, when one thinks about it, Victini makes more sense as the mascot for Gen V. I mean, it has that V in it's design for goodness sake. Like that's a coincidence, lol. Also Gen V is meant to have an AMERICAN MOTIF, and you find Victini on (what would be) Liberty Island off the coast of (what would be) New York City... And it does that V-sign thing which (I think?) Japan associates with 'MER'CA.

...It or Zoroark are surely going to be unlockable, WHICH IS UNFORTUNATE since that means we'll have to debate over the two for... years.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
someone from Black Ops or MW3 should be in Smash 4. He'd be like snake but with more guns. also snake should have silenced guns and stuff like in metal gear solid 4

how do tyou add a picture under your name on the left?
Just go to "User CP" near the top right and then go to "Edit Avatar".

EDIT: Lol, nevermind, dude!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would like to see Victini playable after using the 5th gen Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash. You know, like how we play as Zero Suit Samus in Brawl.

play as 5th gen starters -> use Final Smash (Triple Finish, then Trainer uses the Master Ball to summon Victini) -> play as Victini -> use Final Smash (Searing Shot or V-create or whatever is his Final Smash, then Trainer uses regular Pokeball to summon the starter you were playing before) -> play as 5th gen starters and so on...

I have mentioned this before and I will repeat it... I have noticed that in each SSB game, we usually get one 1st gen newcomer and one flavor of the month. Not counting Pikachu as it's the mascot, Jigglypuff is the 1st gen newcomer of SSB64. Mewtwo was the 1st gen newcomer with Pichu as the flavor of the month in Melee. Pokemon Trainer was the 1st gen newcomer with Lucario as the flavor of the month. If this trend continues in SSB4, it is possible we could get a 1st gen newcomer (Meowth?) in addition to a 5th gen rep as the flavor of the month.

Poke-roster I would like to see in Smash 4:

- Pikachu (mascot; 1st gen veteran)
- Meowth (new 1st gen rep; popular/well-known/iconic due to mass media exposure via the anime and movies)
- Mewtwo (popular fan demand; 1st gen veteran)
- Zoroark (flavor of the month)
- Pokemon Trainer (5th gen starters and Victini; protagonist and doubles as flavor of the month)

As for the cut Pokemon, well... go play Brawl or Melee or get them via DLC. It's time to bring in new faces to the Poke-roster already!

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
^ I agree you totally for the most part, wouldn't really consider Mewtwo a "flavor of the month" as he was supposed to be in all 3 games...

OmegaXXII

Mewtwo and Meowth need to happen!!

@Arcadenik: What happened to Jiggs? Really Meowth over Jiggs? Hmm..I don't think it's likely to happen that way since Meowth may not be as considered, don't get me wrong I'd like to see Meowth playable, I just don't find him probable is all.

Feel free to provide logic and evidence against me.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Ditto? Oh man, I'd like to see him as a pokemon that tranforms into your character lol..

I thought Ditto was cut to keep 16 IC's from happening lol
Imagine that with 24 if it was 6 player compatible :awesome::awesome:

Speaking of Meowth, Jiggs was chosen over him through their popularity at the time right? Whos to say Jiggs would be cut?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
While I usually agree with a lot of your Pokemon ideas Arcade, cutting Jigglypuff for Meowth is pretty disturbing and generally not a good idea. I mean, I like Meowth, but to add a character who has very small ties to the franchises history in place for a character who's roots surpass even Mewtwo's is kind of silly. Jigglypuff and Pikachu are the two Pokemon that I deem "constants" and this pretty much won't change as far as I'n concerned.

I wouldn't mind this though:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer [Third Generation]
Fifth Generation [Victini]
Popular other Pokemon [Meowth]

As far as I'm concerned Jigglypuff's fanbase is much much larger than Meowth's.

OmegaXXII

Of course it's absurd, Jiggs may have been threading a fine line in Brawl but that does not mean she is going to get cut, of course she isn't immune because of it but I feel since Jiggs has represented the series along with Pikachu since the beginning I feel Sakurai may not be willing to get rid of Jiggs even though je originally considered Jiggs to be a "joke" character in SSB64.

As far as what I expect goes like this:

Pikachu
Jiggs
Pokemon Trainer (Red or N)
Victini or Zoroark
Mewtwo/Lucario?

Meowth, Pichu could be through DLC ( possibly)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mewtwo was treading a fine line. Jigglypuff was not. I seriously doubt they had any intentions to ever cut her in Brawl, and even if they did, we're at the forth game now and she's been through every installment before this one. Someone had to be one of the last characters being created, it just happened to be Jigglypuff. I think it's safe to say that the original twelve will not be cut. The only people who argue against this are just Jiggly or Ness haters. That's really what it comes down to.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
The conclusion is: Trying to predict ANY character seems pointless with Sakurai in charge. He's some slippery mo'fo'.
Maaaaad Respect. Lovin the sig by the way.

And all I want is a vibrating controller, easy to recharge like PS3's Dualshock.
This is how I know that you're from Brazil
_ _ _

Now to get down to bizness.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
What are silencers gonna do? It's not an fps game

That's Jiggs strongest argument, that shes an original right?

I don't see any fighting game as family oriented, I see Smash as a fighting game with childish humor thrown in it.

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
I hope that Roy(from Fire Emblem) will be in Super Smash Bros. 4.
How about 6 Palettes for him.

And another palette, which is purple on the upper body and white pants.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If any CoD character were going to get in (which they won't), it'd be Ghost, methinks.

Smash is a fighting game not family why would you want your kids to beat up other people? It has snake and he's from a shooting game too.
You don't think there's a such thing as a family-friendly fighting game? The fighting in the Smash series is presented in a cartoony, lighthearted manner (although I'll never understand why Brawl was rated Teen for instead of E10+...), not in a realistic way like, well, real life. Also, the developers intentionally did not let Snake use firearms in Brawl so I doubt they'd do it this time around.

OmegaXXII

Mewtwo was treading a fine line. Jigglypuff was not. I seriously doubt they had any intentions to ever cut her in Brawl, and even if they did, we're at the forth game now and she's been through every installment before this one. Someone had to be one of the last characters being created, it just happened to be Jigglypuff. I think it's safe to say that the original twelve will not be cut. The only people who argue against this are just Jiggly or Ness haters. That's really what it comes down to.
Well, if yiou didn't know Jiggs was going to be cut in brawl, that's why she was added so late in game because i believe Sakurai was going to include Mewtwo instead but for some reason decided to go with the more iconic Jiggs.

OmegaXXII

dumb jiggs, tradition is great and all, but does it have to be with jigglypuff?
What do you mean lol, you don't like Jigglypuff?

I honestly would like to see Meowth in it's place but I'm kinda doubting his inclusion this late in the series.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mewtwo and Meowth need to happen!!

@Arcadenik: What happened to Jiggs? Really Meowth over Jiggs? Hmm..I don't think it's likely to happen that way since Meowth may not be as considered, don't get me wrong I'd like to see Meowth playable, I just don't find him probable is all.

Feel free to provide logic and evidence against me.
Omega, I cut out Jigglypuff even though I main her in Melee and Brawl, I want to play as new Pokemon. There are over 600 Pokemon and Sakurai/Nintendo is forcing me to stick with just Pikachu and Jigglypuff for all future Smash games? The fans want the 1st gen starters, Mewtwo, Lucario to be in all future Smash games... meaning there are no new Pokemon for me to play with. Oh, wait... there's Zoroark and Victini and the 5th gen starters... but then there are too many playable Pokemon in SSB4 which the fans will complain about. So, I cut Lucario, 1st gen starters, and Jigglypuff to make room for these new Pokemon.

I do not want SSB4 to look like this:

Pikachu (stays because it is the mascot)
Jigglypuff (stays because fans will be mad if she got cut)
Mewtwo (returns due to fan demand)
1st gen starters (stays because fans will be mad if they got cut)
Lucario (stays because fans will be mad if he got cut)
Zoroark (adds because it is the flavor of the month)

And I most certainly do not want SSB5 to look like this:

Mewtwo (stays because fans will be mad if he got cut again)
Zoroark (stays because fans will be mad if he got cut)
6th or 7th gen Pokemon (adds because it is the flavor of the month)

And I don't want SSB6 to look like this:

Mewtwo (stays because fans will be mad if he got cut again)
Zoroark (stays because fans will be mad if he got cut)
6th or 7th gen Pokemon (stays because fans will be mad if he/she got cut)
7th or 8th or 9th gen Pokemon (adds because it is the flavor of the month)

See where I am going with this? Character cuts need to happen to make room for new characters. I know there is no logic for cutting characters but that's what needs to happen with the Pokemon series since that series has over 600 (and that number is growing) Pokemon to choose from.

Oh, and I am sure Jigglypuff's fanbase is much larger than Meowth's because it's playable in Smash games. Mewtwo's fanbase is much bigger than Jigglypuff's despite being playable in one Smash game. Any character who ever becomes playable in a Smash game will see their fanbase grow. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Tingle becomes popular in America if he ever becomes playable in Smash 4.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, if yiou didn't know Jiggs was going to be cut in brawl, that's why she was added so late in game because i believe Sakurai was going to include Mewtwo instead but for some reason decided to go with the more iconic Jiggs.
Yeah, links of it didn't happen. As far as I'm concerned, she was just added late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom