• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steam

Smash Hero
Yeah. It's stupid to cut one of the founding characters when you have someone like Lucario or PT who has significantly less history with the series. It's like cutting Peach, but keeping Daisy. It makes no sense.
They won't cut jigglypuff, because of how popular she still is in japan. But both Lucario and PT are popular in their own right.

however if jigglypuff was liked there like she is here... she'd be gone probably.

@omega- Mewtwo is almost certainly screwed. He NEEDS a 5th spot since zoroark is ahead of him pretty much 100%... and Lucario and Victini are looking like more likely choices.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Pichu is definitely a cool cat. I stand by the Rain Dance idea I had. Him being a weak character that gets an electrical power boost while rain is in effect. I figure, Raindance, Zap cannon, thunderwave and volt switch would be an interesting moveset.

Yeah, the idea sounds good on paper when you put it that way, too bad it won't ever happen like that since Sakurai thinks he's a "joke" therefore he'll HAVE to come back the same way he was before. horrible abomination :awesome:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
How about Pichu as a Pokeball, use Skull Bash and you have to KO it while its charging :awesome:
and if Jiggs were cut then give her rest and you have to run away from her xD

OmegaXXII

How about Pichu as a Pokeball, use Skull Bash and you have to KO it while its charging :awesome:
and if Jiggs were cut then give her rest and you have to run away from her xD
Exactly what I have in mind, at least he would make an appearance amirite?? I would be happy with this.

Steam

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is a lot more likely than people give him credit for.

:phone:
and why is that? he's not getting any younger... nintendo needs a reason to put him in the spotlight... and he's just not as well known anymore and there's nothing he's starring in that needs to be promoted.

OmegaXXII

@omega- Mewtwo is almost certainly screwed. He NEEDS a 5th spot since zoroark is ahead of him pretty much 100%... and Lucario and Victini are looking like more likely choices.
What, what does Mewtwo have to do with Zoroark?

and NO!, Lucario is just as likely as Mewtwo since Mewtwo at the moment has more popularity in Japan at the moment along with Roy, they both seems to be heavily demanded which means Mewtwo is a really demanded character that Sakurai might look into once again, also Mewtwo was meant to be in Brawl as well, just because he got scrapped what makes you think his chances aren't likely just because he was scrapped? If anything he might get considered once more just by looking a t demand alone, of course other factors like Lucario and a flavor of the month pokemon like Meowth also play a part, the point is they are both as likely too happen!!

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
and why is that? he's not getting any younger... nintendo needs a reason to put him in the spotlight... and he's just not as well known anymore and there's nothing he's starring in that needs to be promoted.
Popularity is besides the point. You forget the fact that Mewtwo was a planned character for both 64 and Brawl. As a matter of fact, SSBF proved a while back that he had enough leftover data in the Brawl to roughly be a playable character. There's a very good theory that the only reason Mewtwo was scrapped was because of Sonic's very late addition in the game. The roster for Brawl was pre-planned for Brawl, and there's evidence to prove Mewtwo was a part of that roster. Also, Mewtwo would not only represent an antagonist for the Pokeverse in Smash, he'd represent legendary Pokemon, as well.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
If Pichu comes back I like that Rain Dance feature. How about it mixes in with Thunder and the Rain Cloud stays? And Pichu has to have some sort of Recover skill...otherwise he should stay a Pokeball lol
This is what happens when Pokemon gets a 5th gen...how about more spots for Pokemon? This is SSB4, if anything Zoroark, Victini and Genesect could all be another PT o_O

OmegaXXII

If Pichu comes back I like that Rain Dance feature. How about it mixes in with Thunder and the Rain Cloud stays? And Pichu has to have some sort of Recover skill...otherwise he should stay a Pokeball lol
This is what happens when Pokemon gets a 5th gen...how about more spots for Pokemon? This is SSB4, if anything Zoroark, Victini and Genesect could all be another PT o_O
He isn't likely to happen pichu isn't a likely candidate at this point, if he does it might be through DLC but even then I doubt he would be "unique" since he's most likely a bonus DLC character.

Steam

Smash Hero
the point is Lucario was ahead of mewtwo then.

which means zoroark is essentially ahead of mewtwo now for the same reason. Zoroark is new and **** and is being promoted. mewtwo is even OLDER than he was before... he's like 15 years old now and is no longer receiving much attention from nintendo... and where's a statistic or reasoning behind mewtwo being more popular in japan? It's just like brawl except now mewtwo is older/dwindling and there is even more competition for a spot.

@metal overlord- popularity is pretty much the most important factor. It's why the most popular series mysteriously have the most characters.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
He isn't likely to happen pichu isn't a likely candidate at this point, if he does it might be through DLC but even then I doubt he would be "unique" since he's most likely a bonus DLC character.
Pokémon Trainerette. It could happen. There is no shame if Jigglypuff was "captured" by her. Heck, she might even get a boost from being swappable. Only problem is she would likely lose "Rest". Unless they make it an attack taunt of hers like Luigi has.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, the idea sounds good on paper when you put it that way, too bad it won't ever happen like that since Sakurai thinks he's a "joke" therefore he'll HAVE to come back the same way he was before. horrible abomination :awesome:
I was just talking about it. Not saying it will happen. Way to read into the conversation.

I'm not pleased with the idea of mixing generations when it comes to PT. As much as I love Gardevior, Pichu, and Jigglypuff.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@metal overlord- popularity is pretty much the most important factor. It's why the most popular series mysteriously have the most characters.
I disagree. Sakurai himself has stated that characters aren't chosen solely because of their popularity for the most part. Overall relevance I'd say is equally important if not moreso than popularity.

I could write a whole essay if I wanted to on why I think Mewtwo is very likely to return for Smash 4, but I don't feel like it.

OmegaXXII

Pokémon Trainerette. It could happen. There is no shame if Jigglypuff was "captured" by her. Heck, she might even get a boost from being swappable. Only problem is she would likely lose "Rest". Unless they make it an attack taunt of hers like Luigi has.
Well, I was referring to him as a solo character, if he happens with Pokemon Trainerrette sure why not, in that case i could see him happening of course, solo though I doubt it.

I was just talking about it. Not saying it will happen. Way to read into the conversation.
Same way you did it to me? :awesome:

Great, you just made y.toonlink believe that Pichu has a good chance as a solo character.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Foound out the person talking about the Fire Emblem 3DS conference announcement is legit. Hopefully he is right. Or else he will be banned on Neogaf. Considering the user I doubt he takes that potential risk lightly.

Which means the Fire Emblem crap storm will be raining hard for the next month...

Steam

Smash Hero
I disagree. Sakurai himself has stated that characters aren't chosen solely because of their popularity for the most part. Overall relevance I'd say is equally important if not moreso than popularity.

I could write a whole essay if I wanted to on why I think Mewtwo is very likely to return for Smash 4, but I don't feel like it.

okay relevance... mewtwo isn't that either.

OmegaXXII

Maybe you should sometime since people are going to bring that up again, the people that keep shooting down Mewtwo are obviously Lucario fans

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Maybe you should sometime since people are going to bring that up again, the people that keep shooting down Mewtwo are obviously Lucario fans
I will definitely. I'll most likely type it up on Microsoft Word or something and then copy and paste it here. I think you'd like it. I guarantee you that it won't be just "Mewtwo was planned for Brawl, so that's why I think he'll be in Smash 4" type of essay that pretty much anyone could think of, I dig a lot deeper than that. In fact, I try to look at this somewhat from a developer's POV, not just us fans' POV.

OmegaXXII

Foound out the person talking about the Fire Emblem 3DS conference announcement is legit. Hopefully he is right. Or else he will be banned on Neogaf. Considering the user I doubt he takes that potential risk lightly.

Which means the Fire Emblem crap storm will be raining hard for the next month...
WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!!!

a rumor about it has been spreading, it's supposedly called "Fire Emblem: Blue Sacred Sword and Red Demon Lance", it's rumored to be on the 3DS.

It was stated here:
Fire Emblem: Blue Sacred Sword and Red Demon Lance. <-CLICK

Also as a reminder the upcoming Nintendo conference will be held on the 13th which is suppose to announce a new 3DS title.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/23/nintendo_september_announcement/ <-CLICK

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Pokémon Trainerette/May

Pichu aka Spiky Eared Pichu:

B - Thunder Wave
Forward B - Charm
Up B - Magnet Rise

Jigglypuff:

B - Rollout
Forward B - Double Slap
Up B - Sing

*Down B would become a taunt. Still retaining the massive damage.

Gardevoir:

B - Magical Leaf
Forward B - Barrier
Up B - Future Sight

Final Smash: Katamari Jigglypuff - Jigglypuff will inflate to an enormous size. Gardevoir will cast a barrier around her and Pichu will charge the barrier with electricity. After which the two Pokémon will roll Jigglypuff across the stage. Back and forth.

Advantage - Large radius.
Disadvantage - Very slow.

Think this gets the idea across better.

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!!!

a rumor about it has been spreading, it's supposedly called "Fire Emblem: Blue Sacred Sword and Red Demon Lance", it's rumored to be on the 3DS.

It was stated here:
Fire Emblem: Blue Sacred Sword and Red Demon Lance. <-CLICK

Also as a reminder the upcoming Nintendo conference will be held on the 13th which is suppose to announce a new 3DS title.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/23/nintendo_september_announcement/ <-CLICK
Actually that is a separate rumor. This Fire Emblem rumor is not the same one.

OmegaXXII

I will definitely. I'll most likely type it up on Microsoft Word or something and then copy and paste it here. I think you'd like it. I guarantee you that it won't be just "Mewtwo was planned for Brawl, so that's why I think he'll be in Smash 4" type of essay that pretty much anyone could think of, I dig a lot deeper than that. In fact, I try to look at this somewhat from a developer's POV, not just us fans' POV.

Hmm. glad to hear that, well i'll definetly look forward to it then. :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It is? How do you know? is it a different system, title? any info on it?
That rumor about the two titles came from an unverified website. The other comes from a legitimate former insider who still does have contacts within the industry. Heck, the guy applied for IGN. Take your pick on which holds more water.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If there really is a new FE game coming, then Roy's chances are pretty much screwed, at least initially...

From what I've heard, Sakurai really likes Roy and he is highly requested in Japan, so DLC maybe?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
no no, just another pokemon trainer, unless it will be trainer with all gen 2 then it should be Johto Trainer and PT 1 would be Kanto Trainer :)

OmegaXXII

That rumor about the two titles came from an unverified website. The other comes from a legitimate former insider who still does have contacts within the industry. Heck, the guy applied for IGN. Take your pick on which holds more water.
Hmm... Well if you say that Neogaf is more legitimate then i have no reason to argue against it, I was referring to the game itself, could it be a Fire Emblem sequel based on 6? (aka Roy's game) or a completly new entry into the franchise? that is what I want to know.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why's it gotta be trainerette? Why cant it be pokemon trainer 2? i can see pt 1 with a Blue costume :O
Because we need more female representation... >_>

In all seriousness I like the idea of a Pokémon Trainerette because her Pokémon could be themed according to a Pokémon Contest. Another way of saying that is her Pokémon would represent "Beauty", "Cute" and "Smart". Plus it would allow for a second generation character and revamped veteran (Spiky Eared Pichu) and a popular third generation character (Gardevoir). Jigglypuff could be "captured" by the trainerette. This would free up a Pokémon slot for those that are so scared of too many slots. While also giving Jigglypuff a "balancer".

If there really is a new FE game coming, then Roy's chances are pretty much screwed, at least initially...

From what I've heard, Sakurai really likes Roy and he is highly requested in Japan, so DLC maybe?

Who is too say we couldn't have four? >_>

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hmm... Well if you say that Neogaf is more legitimate then i have no reason to argue against it, I was referring to the game itself, could it be a Fire Emblem sequel based on 6? (aka Roy's game) or a completly new entry into the franchise? that is what I want to know.
Neogaf isn't, the person saying this is. The other thing he mentioned is this game might upset people with the direction it takes. I have no clue what that means, but it is an interesting tidbit.

I agree, we need more female representation, she's from 3rd gen right?
I used "May" as the design. So that would be correct.

OmegaXXII

Neogaf isn't, the person saying this is. The other thing he mentioned is this game might upset people with the direction it takes. I have no clue what that means, but it is an interesting tidbit.

I used "May" as the design. So that would be correct.
Well, let's just hope this won't be anything dissapointing, regardless I am now curious as to who will be FE's 3rd rep.

I'm stillm looking forward to any news concerning Wario 3DS or Yoshi as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom