• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah. It's stupid to cut one of the founding characters when you have someone like Lucario or PT who has significantly less history with the series. It's like cutting Peach, but keeping Daisy. It makes no sense.
Actually, what makes no sense is if you cut Mario but kept Luigi, Peach, and Bowser when you know that Mario is the mascot/protagonist of the Mario series. Jigglypuff is NOT comparable to Pikachu. Yes, it is one of the first characters of Smash but without this "Original 12" brand, Jigglypuff is a nobody. At least Pikachu is the mascot of the Pokemon series. What is Jigglypuff's place in the Pokemon franchise? It even lost its recurring role in the anime years ago.

Mario - mascot/protagonist of the Mario series, mascot of Nintendo
Luigi - mascot/protagonist of the Mario series
Donkey Kong - mascot/protagonist of the Donkey Kong series
Yoshi - mascot/protagonist of the Yoshi series
Link - mascot/protagonist of the Zelda series
Samus - mascot/protagonist of the Metroid series
Kirby - mascot/protagonist of the Kirby series
Fox - mascot/protagonist of the Star Fox series
Ness - mascot of the Mother series, protagonist of Mother 2
Captain Falcon - mascot/protagonist of the F-Zero series
Pikachu - mascot of the Pokemon series
Jigglypuff - what?

IMO, SSB64 should have just Pikachu only and Pit should be included instead of Jigglypuff. Melee would then add Pokemon Trainer Red with Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle, Mewtwo, Meowth and Jigglypuff. Brawl would then replace Bulbasaur/Charmander with Ivysaur/Charizard, replace Mewtwo/Meowth/Jigglypuff with Deoxys/Lucario/Plusle & Minun. SSB4 would then replace 1st gen starters with 5th gen starters, replace Deoxys/Lucario/Plusle & Minun with Genesect/Zoroark/Victini. Not only that, but after being alone for three games, Pit would finally have Palutena and Medusa representing the Kid Icarus series with him after the series is revived with Uprising.

This way, we get to experience many different Pokemon in each game (good to have variety) instead of limiting ourselves to Jigglypuff, 1st gen starters, Mewtwo, and flavor of the month (Lucario, Zoroark, etc.) I feel that Jigglypuff is holding back the Pokemon series in the Smash games by not allowing us to have a wider selection of Pokemon to choose from. Hell, we would have more reasons to come back to Melee/Brawl (other than the gameplay mechanics and physics). Why would I want to go back to Melee? Just for one original character (Mewtwo) who was cut?

There are so many missed opportunities. A lot of fans would have been demanding for the return of the 1st gen starters, Mewtwo, Meowth, Jigglypuff, Deoxys, Lucario, and Plusle & Minun to the Smash games. It would continue on for a couple years that Nintendo would have heard them and decided to make a Pokemon-only Smash spin-off game featuring these Pokemon plus many more Pokemon that might never be playable in the main Smash games. Thanks a lot, Sakurai. You have screwed up the Pokemon series in the Smash series. :glare:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Because we need more female representation... >_>

In all seriousness I like the idea of a Pokémon Trainerette because her Pokémon could be themed according to a Pokémon Contest. Another way of saying that is her Pokémon would represent "Beauty", "Cute" and "Smart". Plus it would allow for a second generation character and revamped veteran (Spiky Eared Pichu) and a popular third generation character (Gardevoir). Jigglypuff could be "captured" by the trainerette. This would free up a Pokémon slot for those that are so scared of too many slots. While also giving Jigglypuff a "balancer".

Who is too say we couldn't have four? >_>
lol What I meant was that PT doesn't have to be just a guy. And by Blue I meant the girl (used to reading the Manga). But I like the idea of contest Pokemon, since they have "combination attacks". And Pokemon contests dont have to be feminine

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
lol What I meant was that PT doesn't have to be just a guy. And by Blue I meant the girl (used to reading the Manga). But I like the idea of contest Pokemon, since they have "combination attacks". And Pokemon contests dont have to be feminine
Since "Cute" and "Beauty" are usually seen as feminine traits it meshes better with the idea of Trainerette.

Arcadenik, weren't you originally the one who came up with the idea for a Trainerette? Or was that Koops?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
nah I know that's towards me bro

btw its not a stupid idea, its just not "realistic". It would damn well make us stop arguing which Pokemon would be playable anyway

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I dont mean Giovanni being the contest trainer, it could be Brendon or Lucas in their contest clothes

@army man
thats what everything is being talked about for
Pokemon in general has a lot of pokemon so theres a large variety to choose from.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I dont mean Giovanni being the contest trainer, it could be Brendon or Lucas in their contest clotes
It was a joke. Still, I think a Trainerette would be a better compliment to Pokémon Trainer since with Pokémon you usually choose between a boy or girl. It just flows. Tis my opinion...

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Congrats, my old account I have about 800, mixed in with my current posts I'd have 1100. Wow!

@Star
Well, I just don't like the idea because Trainerette isn't even a word haha
I also wanted to see the other Trainers be costumes for PT. The main choice for the contest trainer/trainerette could be a girl anyway. She just doesn't have to be labeled a women IMO

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It was a joke. Still, I think a Trainerette would be a better compliment to Pokémon Trainer since with Pokémon you usually choose between a boy or girl. It just flows. Tis my opinion...
I like giovanni or N better, since it shows the opposition of PT, besides we need more antagonist as well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No, I never supported a female trainer. When the Pokemon Trainer was confirmed in Brawl, I sarcastically suggested Pokemon Coordinator with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken... and the Pokemon Coordinator would be May and she would have her brother Max with her in the background.

Well, let's just hope this won't be anything dissapointing, regardless I am now curious as to who will be FE's 3rd rep.

I'm stillm looking forward to any news concerning Wario 3DS or Yoshi as well.
Wario 3DS? I bet it is just WarioWare with 3D effects. :rolleyes: Gimme Wario Land 3D! I always liked the Wario transformations... Zombie Wario! Vampire Wario! Fat Wario! Flat Wario! I really liked Wario Land 3 (hope it comes on the 3DS VC soon).

Yoshi's Island 3DS? Maybe we might get some new babies... it would be pretty fun if Yoshi had to carry 8 different babies (Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby DK, Baby Wario, Baby Bowser, Baby Yoshi, and Baby Toad)... no more rescuing Baby Luigi from Kamek (no wonder Luigi is always scared)... maybe fight the Shroobs instead (they may want revenge for what happened to their princesses in M&L:piT).

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Armored Mewtwo for antagonist :D
Giovanni would be cool with the Team Magma, Aqua and Galactic leaders. Then the name could be Pokemon Antagonist :awesome:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
A Pokemon Trainerette? Don't y'all mean Pokemon Coordinator?

I really, REALLY want Deoxys in Smash. Dat Speed Forme (lol, I kinda sounded like lupinko when I said that :laugh:).

:phone:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star
Well, I just don't like the idea because Trainerette isn't even a word haha
I also wanted to see the other Trainers be costumes for PT. The main choice for the contest trainer/trainerette could be a girl anyway. She just doesn't have to be labeled a women IMO
It beats calling her Female Pokémon Trainer.

Wario 3DS? I bet it is just WarioWare with 3D effects. :rolleyes: Gimme Wario Land 3D! I always liked the Wario transformations... Zombie Wario! Vampire Wario! Fat Wario! Flat Wario! I really liked Wario Land 3 (hope it comes on the 3DS VC soon).

Yoshi's Island 3DS? Maybe we might get some new babies... it would be pretty fun if Yoshi had to carry 8 different babies (Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby DK, Baby Wario, Baby Bowser, Baby Yoshi, and Baby Toad)... no more rescuing Baby Luigi from Kamek (no wonder Luigi is always scared)... maybe fight the Shroobs instead (they may want revenge for what happened to their princesses in M&L:piT).
Those are all rumors. They are separate from the Fire Emblem rumor.

Unfortunately the Mach Rider rumor was debunked. Too bad...

wolfgang92

Smash Rookie
If any CoD character were going to get in (which they won't), it'd be Ghost, methinks.

You don't think there's a such thing as a family-friendly fighting game? The fighting in the Smash series is presented in a cartoony, lighthearted manner (although I'll never understand why Brawl was rated Teen for instead of E10+...), not in a realistic way like, well, real life. Also, the developers intentionally did not let Snake use firearms in Brawl so I doubt they'd do it this time around.
Tf2 was cartoony though and I think it's M rated

Not gonna happen this I can guarantee you.
maybe. the wii had CoD games so that was my thinking

OmegaXXII

maybe. the wii had CoD games so that was my thinking

Regardless if it's been on the Wii or any Nintendo system, if it's a 3rd party title it's still considered 3rd party for Smash (i.e Sonic & Snake are considered 3rd Party character) which makes them guest, Megaman, Slime, and Layton seem the most probable as of now.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So... who are our third-party dark horse candidates? Tails, Jill Valentine, Ryu H. (ugh...), Pac-Man, Ryu (from Street Fighter), or a Soul Calibur/Kingdom Hearts character? Anyone else?

OmegaXXII

So... who are our third-party dark horse candidates? Tails, Jill Valentine, Ryu H. (ugh...), Pac-Man, Ryu (from Street Fighter), or a Soul Calibur/Kingdom Hearts character? Anyone else?

I'd say these are likely as well, but for the most part I don't see them as likely as say Megaman or Layton who have already showed interest for Smash.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Ya, i guess. :urg: but i would like the idea of him being the only pokeball pokemon that you have to ko :awesome:
Well, at least SOMEBODY read my idea...

How about Pichu as a Pokeball, use Skull Bash and you have to KO it while its charging :awesome:
and if Jiggs were cut then give her rest and you have to run away from her xD
Exactly what I have in mind, at least he would make an appearance amirite?? I would be happy with this.
Read my idea for Pichu. You'll love it.

From what I've heard, Sakurai really likes Roy and he is highly requested in Japan, so DLC maybe?
Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom