• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Broken image link? :awesome:

So..what are the chances of Meowth being flavor of the Month?

I honestly want Mewtwo over anybody else but Meowth wouldn't be so bad as well only of he got considered which seems unlikely but marginal.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Basing characters only off their physical appearance isn't all that far off in some cases... That's why we have Captain Falcon acting like a superhero. Not necessarily what they've done, but what they could do, right?

ON GHIRAHIM, could he very well set himself apart from Marth? I was just thinking about it, and Marth has that sort of graceful finesse about him, which seems like something Ghirahim would have as well since he is EQUALLY FABULOUS. At first I was thinking Ghirahim could be a fencer, but with a CLOSER LOOK AT HIS SWORD, I don't think that's possible. Obviously he wouldn't be EXACTLY like Marth, but that kind of similarity would be a bit... eh... too bad.

Especially when you have Tingle and his slaps that send out confetti. 8D

ONCE AGAIN ON MEDUSA/PALUTENA: I feel having one would be enough. For both, you'd have to play at angle of them being goddesses. Just one would be of light, and the other of darkness. I understand there is a lot to work with in that and there are other differences of course, but... y'know... variety.

@nLiM8d: The strongest in the whole world?!
EDIT: YEHS. HUUUUARRRRGH.

@Omega: Meowth lost his chance at being the flavor of the month back in January 21, 1999.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Broken image link? :awesome:

So..what are the chances of Meowth being flavor of the Month?

I honestly want Mewtwo over anybody else but Meowth wouldn't be so bad as well only of he got considered which seems unlikely but marginal.

Pokemon in next smash

Pkmn trainer: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard
Meowth
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Only the best generation

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
No that's you Oasis. XP

Essentially,

Ghirahim would resemble Marth in some respects
Tingle would resemble Wario in some respects
& Palutena would resemble Zelda in some respects

Do we need each of these characters? Probably not, but for now it comes down to why we think each would make a decent pick.

Which reminds me, I should get crackin on FanMan's Topic.

Only the best generation
At this point, I wouldn't mind it if they replaced Jigzy with Meowth and Zoroark for Lucario.
I'm so worn from this topic.

OmegaXXII

Pokemon in next smash

Pkmn trainer: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard
Meowth
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Only the best generation
Haha, I agree with you there, it seems Sakurai has shown alot of affection concerning 1st gens in the past, which I wouldn't mind but a new rep from the latest is also good since it gives us something fresh and new as well, of course that's where Meowth comes in. :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Essentially,

Ghirahim would resemble Marth in some respects
Tingle would resemble Wario in some respects
& Palutena would resemble Zelda in some respects

Do we need each of these characters? Probably not, but for now it comes down to why we think each would make a decent pick.
I don't know much about SS so I'll leave it like that.
Tingle like Wario, maybe in a comedic sense, but not really.
Palutena and Zelda, makes sense, they are both pretty hot. (I know I'm a prevert) :awesome:

Either way, you're right they're decent picks and do have a chance at getting in, if not then there's always SSB5.

I got club till 11 tonight, so I'll post my movesets then. Until then, Tri-Hy out! :cool:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Remember that old saying... don't judge a book by its cover. Case in point. Melee Mewtwo compared with Melee Jigglypuff. Anyway, what I am saying is that just because a character...

- does not look cool
- does not look like a badass
- seems weak
- appears to have little to no moves
- never fought

should not keep them from getting into Smash as playable characters. Sometimes they just might surprise you. The only factors that should keep a character from becoming a playable character is if they were not a video game character, never appeared on a Nintendo console, or were not designed to fight as a Smash character (examples include Mr. Saturn, Metroid, Nintendog, etc.).

Vicgur, what do you mean, it does not make sense? What part of it does not make sense?

Oasis, by that "but... y'know... variety", are you implying that if we got both Palutena and Medusa, they would be clones of each other since they are both goddesses? We have two princesses who are not clones. I don't see that happening with the goddesses unless you think Sakurai is going the Star Fox route with them.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I would say this is just thought which might not happen (until there really will be more reps for 3rd party characters), but if Megaman made it in SSB4, I'd wish to see Roll and Protoman as playables too.

Roll could be a "joke character", not weak like in Marvel VS Capcom, but what makes her unique is her character and way she performs her moves which could be moe/cute slapstick style.
As she's a household robot she'd use all kinds of cleaning tools and the way she could perform some moves would be comical (Eddie Flower Banquet Bomb in Marvel Vs Capcom) or cute. (The giant bucket of water-super move in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom)
Marvel VS Capcom made her quite a joke character ( I mean, pulling off "Roll Buster" from what seems to be under her skirt. XDDD), so I think that's what I she should be made like, as what Luigi was in Brawl.
If SSB4 will be centered on combo's again, she better be good at them like when you master her in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.

Protoman again could have different robot master weapons and be more true luigified clone to Megaman. Something along lines of this moveset.To refer the way he attacked in his debut game Megaman 3, he'd concentrate on mind games and pressure-style attacking, much like what Falco was in Melee. (-lvl-)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IS Tingle still relevant in Japan? I know he had his own games but we were talking about those during BRAWL's development.

Has he had some new games since than? Is he going to be in Skyward sword?

I'd ask what was the last Zelda game he was even in but I haven't played Spirit tracks or any of the DS Zelda games

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
they are both pretty hot. (I know I'm a prevert) :awesome:
You know, at the end of SM64, I thought Princess peach was just the hottest character.

I can't say the same about her now, not really sure why introducing this 'bimbo' side was such an appropriate addition to her character.

Tingle like Wario
Truly, they are polar opposites.

[COLLAPSE="Now who's the strongest?"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
IS Tingle still relevant in Japan? I know he had his own games but we were talking about those during BRAWL's development.

Has he had some new games since than? Is he going to be in Skyward sword?

I'd ask what was the last Zelda game he was even in but I haven't played Spirit tracks or any of the DS Zelda games
Tingle had Color-Changing Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love which came out in August 2009 (long after Brawl came out) for the DS.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Arcadenik: Not clones, just similar. Which isn't really that big of a deal considering we have Lucas and Falco (And I don't even mean they would be semi-clones). Similar feel/personality/flavor/all those other vague words which would seem arbitrary but they really should matter. I would just prefer to have as much variety as possible. What you could get out of Palutena, I feel you could also get out of Medusa, so IMO Palutena isn't necessary once you have Medusa.

@Psycho: That's a pretty good point, actually. I had assumed he was kind of ever-relevant since he seemed to be an established character in the series that would surely pop up again... Though he's still the best choice for a new LoZ character. :awesome:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Since that discussion was brought up, what would you say about that regarding Lip?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Fixed that for you.
5th gen starters? Blegh.

1st, 2nd or 3rd gen. Period.

Lucario not making the cut to SSB4 would be like Mewtwo not making the cut to Brawl (And Lucario is new unlike Mewtwo), especially if Zoroark replaced it. There's already a common misconception that Lucario replaced Mewtwo in Brawl, replacing Lucario with Zoroark would only further reinforce that for most people. We don't need that **** to happen again.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
* I skipped the 3rd generation until the 4th was announced *

It was at an awkward period when pokemon wasn't "Cool" anymore and before I didn't care if something was "Cool" or not.

It's the generation that least interests me

D

Deleted member

Arcadenik is back!
Anyway, looking forward to hearing from nLiM8d's thoughts on my topic.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Haha, I agree with you there, it seems Sakurai has shown alot of affection concerning 1st gens in the past, which I wouldn't mind but a new rep from the latest is also good since it gives us something fresh and new as well, of course that's where Meowth comes in. :awesome:

It would not feel right if the newer generations didn't get represented.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well, I don't mind having a weapon changer at all, I think people have a problem with the menu thing you added to it, the move itself isn't.

Geez, a blackout from LA to Arizona, even parts of Mexico had no power

I've already explained the flaws it would bring, being that it could take at least a minimum of 1-2 seconds to switch. Instead of the menu popping up over his head, it'd be down where his portrait is, which makes even more sense since it could always be there (transparently until you use it) and it could indicate what weapon he has (like what parts of the Dragoon you have) along with his color. And I also brought up the randomizer but no one seems to like that either, and I thought that having more weapons through that was a nice feature. The way I see it, both of those together would work well rather than cycling through all the weapons and sometimes going "sh*t, i missed it now i gotta start all over, gee golly i sure hope i had a better way of choosing derp". Otherwise, how else would an in game weapon switcher work?

What else is going on? :D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@GC Controller talk
As a big fan of the GC Controller[it's my favorite controller EVER], I hope they make some wireless, battery-energized, GCController-shaped Classic Controllers for the WiiU. WITH RUMBLE.
Too much? Maybe, but it's the best possible way they can do something.

PS: By the way, if WiiU is stickin' with WiiMotes, I'd like too see a new WiiMote, with a rechargeable battery and Motion Plus...
There's a reason why the GCN's wireless controller did not have a rumble feature. It obviously puts less strain on the batteries.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Vicgur, what do you mean, it does not make sense? What part of it does not make sense?
I just don't think there's really a patern.
I mean, OF COURSE he's gonna put the main character of the series first, but the way he puts other characters from the same series is unpredictable[not to say chaotic].
I mean, he put 3 reps from the Mario and Zelda franchises in Melee, waited 'til Brawl to put another DK rep[JUST ONE], but he put in the same game 2 new reps for the Kirby franchise.
Star Fox got one rep in each game.
Not to mention Samus is still the only Metroid rep.
SON OF A B****!!

The conclusion is: Trying to predict ANY character seems pointless with Sakurai in charge. He's some slippery mo'fo'.

And all I want is a vibrating controller, easy to recharge like PS3's Dualshock.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
It would not feel right if the newer generations didn't get represented.
Personally, I'd love it if the newer generations weren't represented. Each addition only further suggests that Nintendo doesn't care about the quality of the franchise anymore...as long as there's another Mewtwo or Pikachu clone, it doesn't matter that the other hundred or so were literally crapped out in a drunken brainstorm the night before. Fans will still rave because X is so cute/badass.

That said, much as I have come to loathe the Pokemon franchise, even I wouldn't be so selfish as to omit a Victini or Zoroark cameo. Sakurai may have his idiosyncracies, throwing in bad ideas like Landmasters and waterguns and TRIPPING, but he's not stupid. Victini alone would probably account for a massive increase in SSB4 sales. The selections thus far have always been heavily influenced by the anime, and I don't see any reason why that should change, given that without that medium every pokemon would have the personality of a rock.

BUT, in a perfect world where only first gen mattered, my Pokemon reps would be as follows:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer
Maybe, MAYBE Meowth

Also, first post. Been browsing this topic for a while and wanted in. Most of you seem of the rational, friendly type. :)

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@vicgur
That's how all the controllers should be (playing my PS3 right now)
I don't really see the point in tripping, there will always be chances for the opponent to find an opening. I wouldn't mind if it was in SSB4 so long as it was an option.

@Phostopheles
Welcome to Smashboards :)
What's wrong with Landmasters?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Personally, I'd love it if the newer generations weren't represented. Each addition only further suggests that Nintendo doesn't care about the quality of the franchise anymore...as long as there's another Mewtwo or Pikachu clone, it doesn't matter that the other hundred or so were literally crapped out in a drunken brainstorm the night before. Fans will still rave because X is so cute/badass.

That said, much as I have come to loathe the Pokemon franchise, even I wouldn't be so selfish as to omit a Victini or Zoroark cameo. Sakurai may have his idiosyncracies, throwing in bad ideas like Landmasters and waterguns and TRIPPING, but he's not stupid. Victini alone would probably account for a massive increase in SSB4 sales. The selections thus far have always been heavily influenced by the anime, and I don't see any reason why that should change, given that without that medium every pokemon would have the personality of a rock.

BUT, in a perfect world where only first gen mattered, my Pokemon reps would be as follows:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer
Maybe, MAYBE Meowth

Also, first post. Been browsing this topic for a while and wanted in. Most of you seem of the rational, friendly type. :)
What's good with you, man, welcome to the boards! :)

I'm not sure if Victini alone would help drive sales as significantly as say, a third-party character, and at that a well-known one like Mega Man. Victini, IMHO, is definitely getting into Smash 4, though.

2nd and 3rd gen are kickass, too.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not Tingle, I don't want him nor do I see him as a playable character in the next Smash, aaaand, before you get heated up, yeah it might happen, but I'd rather see Ghirahim since he's a bigger prominent character, not to mention his game is coming out in November so.....
Why? Would you bring up a losing argument? It's one thing to not like him, it's another to fool yourself in to thinking another Loz character is more deserving. Why?

You know I'm going to call you on something as ridiculous as this.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
SSBF, you usually mention how people only expect Zoroark but don't really WANT him, but with Victini's movie out now, wouldn't Victini now be the one to expect but not necessarily want? :awesome:

These two are just the very worst.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who is going to come out of the pokeball and fly off screen if Victini is a character?

OmegaXXII

Why? Would you bring up a losing argument? It's one thing to not like him, it's another to fool yourself in to thinking another Loz character is more deserving. Why?

You know I'm going to call you on something as ridiculous as this.
Geez, I wasn't being serious lol, I WAS JOKING with Oasis, I know that's poor logic there, take it with a grain of salt.

I was merely being biased towards him rather than realistic and for that I accept my fault, unlike other people around here.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi aren't going anywhere.

Though if Victini were a pokeball, I wonder what it would drop? Alt costumes, maybe?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, you sounded like you were joking.

SSBF, you usually mention how people only expect Zoroark but don't really WANT him, but with Victini's movie out now, wouldn't Victini now be the one to expect but not necessarily want? :awesome:

These two are just the very worst.
Both characters aren't that bad. I've grown fond of Zoroark because he sort of looks like a mean opossom. Victini is sort of interesting.

Genesect has a UFO head, therefore he is the best pick.

And if victini pops out of the Pokemon, you get an automatic win. Hence being called the victory Pokemon? Good idea, yes?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
EVEN BETTER it should grab an opponent and Star KO them. NONE ESCAPE VICTORY.

EDIT: Oh, I meant they're the worst because it's so hard to predict which has the UPPER HAND. They're both rather interesting. GENESECT HOWEVER... >8(

OmegaXXII

Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi aren't going anywhere.

Though if Victini were a pokeball, I wonder what it would drop? Alt costumes, maybe?
Haha, somebody is already imagining Victini as part of an item, he obviously isn't confident about his chances making the roster. :awesome:

and whosaid Mew/Jirachi/Celebi are going anywhere?? :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
EVEN BETTER it should grab an opponent and Star KO them. NONE ESCAPE VICTORY.

EDIT: Oh, I meant they're the worst because it's so hard to predict which has the UPPER HAND. They're both rather interesting. GENESECT HOWEVER... >8(
Don't be mad because your head wasn't built to travel at the speed of light and protect extra terrestrial lifeforms.

But seriously, I think him, and Meloetta would be cool. They aren't happening, but they would be cool.

Another thought, who else woulod be pissed if they added two fifth generation Pokemon? Like:
Pika
Jiggs
PT
Victini
Zoroark

and they just completely skipped over Mewtwo, Deoxys, other Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom