• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Know this is a little off topic and personal. But I just wish to apologize. I know I've come across as being a little conceited and attention whorish. It isn't my attention to be that way and I have been catching myself lately. So to those it may have bugged, my apologies. Will work on it. :)

Anyways, back on topic. If Geno were to be made a playable character in the upcoming Fortune Street game do you all feel that would give him a better chance at being playable in the next Smash Bros? In Itadaki Street DS they used a SMRPG song, so it is not out of the realm of possibility that more Super Mario RPG content could show up.

Itadaki Street DS - Mushroom Kingdom (SMRPG)
I feel you old buddy, and don't feel bad, it's not your fault at all. :)

@On Topic: Okay, as far as Geno goes, I'd say he needs more representation in order to be considered, that's a great game to appear, but if he doesn't then I believe his chances are minimal at best compared to the likes of Slime.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Well, I'd actually would prefer it that way, more like a combination of both, the good parts of them meshed together along with new stuff, for example, take some of Melee's competative aspects along with Brawl's character selection and that would make it alot better.

Remove tripping, buff some characters like Samus and Mewtwo, nerf others like Meta-Knight, and rebalance Gamondorf completely along with some newly doing mechanics, make it faster than Brawl, but slower than Melee.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@On Topic: Okay, as far as Geno goes, I'd say he needs more representation in order to be considered, that's a great game to appear, but if he doesn't then I believe his chances are minimal at best compared to the likes of Slime.
While I'd rather have Slime or a FF character. I wouldn't call his chances minimal, but he does need more representation.

He's partally owned by Nintendo, has been requested since Melee, and I'd think chances are that if they got a Square character we may get him over an arguably more popular Square character that may honestly not fit into the atmosphere of Smash.

Plus they may get Geno at a discount. :laugh:

Please don't flame me for this thought.

Also does Geno count as 1st or 3rd Party?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
While I'd rather have Slime or a FF character. I wouldn't call his chances minimal, but he does need more representation.

He's partally owned by Nintendo, has been requested since Melee, and I'd think chances are that if they got a Square character we may get him over an arguably more popular Square character that may honestly not fit into the atmosphere of Smash.

3rd party.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
While I'd rather have Slime or a FF character. I wouldn't call his chances minimal.

I think that's up in the air, regardless of what others say

He's been in a Nintendo game Square had NO part in, and hasn't been in ANY Square game Nintendo hasn't been a part of.

He's a Mario character first and foremost

OmegaXXII

Geno may be a Mario character, but that does not exclude him from being a 3rd party character.

Also, I had no idea Geno had content on the DS? Huh?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Geno may be a Mario character, but that does not exclude him from being a 3rd party character.

Also, I had no idea Geno had content on the DS? Huh?

What? Are you meaning the Itadaki Street DS I posted back? If so Geno didn't have anything, there was simply a track from Super Mario RPG.

OmegaXXII

What? Are you meaning the Itadaki Street DS I posted back? If so Geno didn't have anything, there was simply a track from Super Mario RPG.
Yes, that's what I meant, but it was a track from SMRPG am I right? If it doesn't pertain to Geno then I doubt Sakurai would take a game's reference track as consideration for Geno's inclusion.

Which raises another question, what if Square made Geno a cameo in Fortune Street? Like a track or apperance, anything pertaining to him, do you think he would have a chance then? I think so since it would mean Nintendo or Square haven't forgotten about it, this of course is saying if they somehow made it happen, personally I think it would be perfect considering it's a bend of both companies, he would fit in perfectly.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow, I thought that I accidently started a Geno chances discussion, not whether he is 1st or 3rd party. lol

Anyway, it's nice to see SMRPG get some more notice, so hopefully we'll get something related to it in SSB4; unlike in Brawl with the 1 lost song.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Which raises another question, what if Square made Geno a cameo in Fortune Street? Like a track or apperance, anything pertaining to him, do you think he would have a chance then? I think so since it would mean Nintendo or Square haven't forgotten about it, this of course is saying if they somehow made it happen, personally I think it would be perfect considering it's a bend of both companies, he would fit in perfectly.

That is exactly what I was talking about! lol

Anyway, it's nice to see SMRPG get some more notice, so hopefully we'll get something related to it in SSB4; unlike in Brawl with the 1 lost song.
Actually, I hate to break it to you, but that is another myth. No one knows for sure which track it is, there is also good speculation "Mushroom Forest" (which is all the filename says) was for one of these two songs.

snd_bgm_A12_MORINOKINOKO

In The Mushroom Forest
Toadwood Forest

There are a lot of myth's about the "lost tracks".

OmegaXXII

Wow, I thought that I accidently started a Geno chances discussion, not whether he is 1st or 3rd party. lol

There was a lost song from the game? Or are you referring to something else?

Edit: Nevermind I saw Star mention it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, I didn't know Ikadaki Street had anything to do with Mario RPG

...Isn't that made by Square though?

No, I mean Superstar Saga

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No, I didn't know Ikadaki Street had anything to do with Mario RPG

...Isn't that made by Square though?

No, I mean Superstar Saga
What it is is Itadaki Street DS had a Super Mario RPG song along with many other Mario songs. My point was to ask what if in the upcoming release of Fortune Street for the Wii they have an unlockable Mario RPG character? Would that raise their chances at appearing in Smash Bros?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star

Wow, I thought the Lost Tracks were pretty straight forward. Oh well, at least I recognize all the lost FE songs, so I can confirm them.

Anyway, it's too bad so many were cut, some of those songs were pretty dang good. Oh well, hopefully they may appear in SSB4.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What it is is Itadaki Street DS had a Super Mario RPG song along with many other Mario songs. My point was to ask what if in the upcoming release of Fortune Street for the Wii they have an unlockable Mario RPG character? Would that raise their chances at appearing in Smash Bros?
That would be awesome.

But I seriously doubt it.

Hey though, four (Mario) characters are left to be revealed

Edit: Watch, Mallow gets in and not Geno

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star

Wow, I thought the Lost Tracks were pretty straight forward. Oh well, at least I recognize all the lost FE songs, so I can confirm them.

Anyway, it's too bad so many were cut, some of those songs were pretty dang good. Oh well, hopefully they may appear in SSB4.
Most were, but this one is just very vague as all it literally says is "Mushroom Forest". Most people here that and assumed "Beware the Forest Mushrooms".

Granted, there is a point I could make that would point more towards it being "Beware the Forest Mushrooms".

That would be awesome.

But I seriously doubt it.

Hey though, four (Mario) characters are left to be revealed

Edit: Watch, Mallow gets in and not Geno
Mallow for SSB4. :awesome:

OmegaXXII

What the deal with Mallow? Was he a sidekick or something?

I think the songs from that game would be a great addition to Smash.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Get out.

Mallow was his own character, with his own story. Not a "sidekick", unless you consider everyone layable who isn't Mario a sidekick.

In all fairness, the track plays at the level you either obtain/first use Geno. It's pretty much his theme song.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I think the songs from that game would be a great addition to Smash.

He was another character you could have on your team.

He's whiny and cries a lot so he doesn't have that big of a fan base from the original game.

He'd make a good character though

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Most were, but this one is just very vague as all it literally says is "Mushroom Forest". Most people here that and assumed "Beware the Forest Mushrooms".

Granted, there is a point I could make that would point more towards it being "Beware the Forest Mushrooms".
Do we know what stage this "Mushroom Forest" song was meant for?

OmegaXXII

He was another character you could have on your team.

He's whiny and cries a lot so he doesn't have that big of a fan base from the original game.

He'd make a good character though
He does? Hmm..funny but he always reminds me of Lakitu's cloud in some way, I bet he would make a great AT at that.

@shorts: chill out, I've already had a rough day, don't need to rant about it lol..

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Anyways, I have also been having a really, really weird past few days and nights. I've been uncovering the darker side of Pokemon. It's pretty depressing, actually.

This will blow your mind, so I must warn you. If you want to keep your Pokemon all happy and cheerful, don't read this.

There is quite a bit of controversy that I never knew about. I knew about the "POKEMANZ IZ THE DEVEALZ!" crap, but this new crap, isn't really as crappy.

[COLLAPSE="lol."]
[/COLLAPSE]

Along with that link, I have a few more interesting Pokemanz tidbits for any of you interested.

OmegaXXII

Wow, Pokemon hatedom, it's not new by any means, I guess some articles would do since I need something to laugh out anyway.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
at SS Anne, Blue/Gary/your Rival has a Raticate.

You never see it again.

That is because you killed his Raticate with that Critical Hit of yours.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wow, Pokemon hatedom, it's not new by any means, I guess some articles would do since I need something to laugh out anyway.

I don't mean to disect everything you say, but I can't help it.

The articles aren't "laughable" by any means. They're actually interesting. Not hate at all. It's all speculation.

http://jiggmin.com/threads/58477-Pokemon-Conspiracy-Theories

These are much less depthy and lenghty, but still interesting.

at SS Anne, Blue/Gary/your Rival has a Raticate.

You never see it again.
You basically ruin your rivals life. He has no parents. All he has is Oak. Who basically falls in love with you, and he comes up second best. On top of that, you kill one of his Pokemon. Poor kid. :( His life SUCKS.

So..he was in a coma this whole time, is that what it's implying? Oh No!!
If you read it all, it gets weirder. It's definitely an awesome article.

OmegaXXII

Well, I see you're point, still though, I find this disturbing that's why I laugh because it's a bunch of nonsence.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, I see you're point, still thoigh, I find this disturbing that's why i laugh because it's a bunch of nonsence.
Just because it's not true, doesn't mean it doesn't have an absolutely awesome point of view. It's an article that has depth. Something the anime really, really lacks.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This part is awesome

Back in his room, as his life signs fade, Ash mutters his genuine, final words.

I...Want...To...Be,

The...Very...Best.

OmegaXXII

Just because it's not true, doesn't mean it doesn't have an absolutely awesome point of view. It's an article that has depth. Something the anime really, really lacks.
Hehe, it seems GameFreak needs to see this article and take it up on notch with it's anime, it was bland at the end, so...I'll read this and give my full thoughts.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hehe, it seems GameFreak needs to see this article and take it up on notch with it's anime, it was bland at the end, so...I'll read this and give my full thoughts.
It's pretty long, just fyi.

This part is awesome
I love how each of his Pokemon represent an insicurity/obstacle is has to overcome. Charmander, Charizard, and Butterfree are my favorites. I just like how it paints a real story. Life actually sucked for Ash, just like it does for real people. The Pokemon world isn't easy, it's very difficult, and Ash's journey is no exception.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Even though it is fun and interesting to read, I'd really like it if you could take the discussion to the group-social or something. It doesn't really have anything to do with Smash 4 from what I can tell.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Just stating my opinion.

But yeah, I'm curious for what the new SSB will turn out as.

I just happen to be lucky that most Melee players are elitists in the sense that I'm pretty sure (hope), they will stick to Melee. I can see Brawl players being more affected by this game, though.

Lol I want to see what M2K does

OmegaXXII

Yes, I see your point about SSB4 possibly incorporating some of Melee's mechanics, but remember Brawl wasn't all that bad as well, I believe Sakurai showed interest in tbe competative aspects once more since he was referring to Ken's hitbox frames, what could this mean? Well it could mean that Sakurai is definetly interested in improving it and taking a new approach rather than too just please the casuals.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hmmm... Street Fighter IV came out after Brawl, and it sort of REJUVENATED the fighting game industry. Since competitive fighters are COOL again, I suppose that could BODE WELL for Sm4sh. Wonder if it will last to 2014 though.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It won't take anything from what Capcom/Aksys/Namco/Tecmo/SEGA/SNK are doing right now

It won't be a worse game because of it, but it obviously won't.

OmegaXXII

Well, to be honest, the only aspects I'm looking forward to are Smash's own mechanics like L-cancelling, dash dancing, better recovery and such, while a Street Fighter mechanic approach would be nice, I'm not looking for just to it, after all Smash has to retain it's own style without overdoing it in terms of fighters, Smash should stay unique since it divides what is Street Fighter and what is Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom