• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If they wanted to go that route, they would have to restrict level design to accomodate "toggleable" hazards. So it would have to be the plan from the beginning.

....which, in my opinion, would make for relatively boring stages.
Not necessarily, I don't think. Just get a bit more detailed in the programmings and the codes and the lines and the what have you. 'COURSE, I don't know what I'm talking about SOOO...

If that's the case though, then FORGET IT. Flashy stages should be top priority!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
"CAN" I, not "may" I. XP
Hey! I hate my grammar as it is, I don't need you rubbing it in.

*runs away and cries like Paper Toadette*

All stages need is balance. We don't need toggle-able contraptions and all of that fancy schmancy stuff. If a stage is done right the first time there is no need for things like that.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
You know, I think they should bring back stages from all 3 games. Have an "archive" of past stages, kinda. Which ones would you like to see return?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I would like 18 to 20 stages from all three past stages completely redone in HD graphics. That may be asking a bit much though.

Maybe.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I always thought a pack of downloadable stages would be neat if it had the best of the first 3 games. Not all of them... that's overkill, and a bit redundant in certain instances.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is talk about Dragon Quest 10 not being on a Nintendo system.

If that's true, it looks like the end of your Slime, star

It also means I won't get to play Dragon Quest 10...I only have PC, Wii, XBOX 360, and 3DS

ANY Square character would seem less likely with THAT kind of betrayal

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I would like 18 to 20 stages from all three past stages redone completely redone in HD graphics. That may be asking a bit much though.

Maybe.
The best we have to look towards are remastered Brawl stages. But considering in each game the returning stages were relatively untouched I'd expect the same with Super Smash Bros. 4.

Also, this is where I drew inspiration for my background idea in my "Nintendo" stage.
http://youtu.be/elnIiogPISk

There is talk about Dragon Quest 10 not being on a Nintendo system.

If that's true, it looks like the end of your Slime, star

It also means I won't get to play Dragon Quest 10...I only have PC, Wii, XBOX 360, and 3DS

ANY Square character would seem less likely with THAT kind of betrayal
It's just a bunch of Sony fanboy whining. Nintendo is localising the game, no way that is happening.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Man, totally forgot that stage existed in Super Monkey Ball 2. If third parties could have more than one rep, I would totally vote for AiAi. XP

...no idea how that would work, unless he wasn't in his ball.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
You know, I think they should bring back stages from all 3 games. Have an "archive" of past stages, kinda. Which ones would you like to see return?
Not all of them. Icicle Mountain, Mario Bros., Flat Zone 1, Pokemon Stadium 1, 75m, New Pork City need to be kept away forever...

I feel that Pokemon Colosseum should've gotten some representation in Brawl. No stages or even music. Realgam Tower would be a great stage to put in Smash 4.

:phone:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Not to mention, Dreamland in SSB64 was almost a Battlefield clone, and Great Fox in 64 and Melee are functionally identical. Among other things.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The best we have to look towards are remastered Brawl stages. But considering in each game the returning stages were relatively untouched I'd expect the same with Super Smash Bros. 4.

Also, this is where I drew inspiration for my background idea in my "Nintendo" stage.
http://youtu.be/elnIiogPISk

It's just a bunch of Sony fanboy whining. Nintendo is localising the game, no way that is happening.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/119/1192214p1.html

There is a big announcement on it soon, hopefully it will be good news.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
http://wii.ign.com/articles/119/1192214p1.html

There is a big announcement on it soon, hopefully it will be good news.
To be honest, they will probably announce Dragon Quest XI. Remember, Dragon Quest IX and X were announced to be in development at the same time. Yet IX obviously was developed first, so it wouldn't be unprecedented for them to announce a sequel on top of finishing X. Or Dragon Quest VII will be remade for the 3DS.

Or all of this is just overblown and it is just an official reveal for the still Wii bound Dragon Quest X...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If we ever got 64/Melee stages back, they'd have to be remastered in HD. I don't know about y'all, but seeing an HD Donkey Kong fight on Saffron City with 64 graphics or Big Blue with Melee graphics would look pretty weird...

Even Brawl stages would probably have to at least have their graphics upscaled because of the sheer horsepower of the Wii U.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Yeah, all retro stages should be remastered. Brawl essentially looks like a super nice gamecube game, to be honest.

D

Deleted member

Day Fifty-Eight of Rate Their Chances is up and some important information.

@Oasis_S: I think 50-55 stages is a realistic number to expect, especially if we get a 45-50 character slot roster.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yes they should, especially any of the classic 64 ones which need some remodeling bad.

BTW.. I'm leaving for good, I'm sorry guys.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yes they should, especially any of the classic 64 ones which need some remodeling bad.

BTW.. I'm leaving for good, I'm sorry guys.
Wow, dude, really? I've only known you for about a month (well, I've only been here for a month)... and you're already leaving? Well, all I can really say is that I wish you the best of luck, man. :)

It should, but I doubt it will be.
Is there a specific reason why? I'm just curious; I might adopt this reasoning myself.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I think the new smash game will be better than Brawl, but I'm still not going to get it. I could see maybe the leveling up system thing working in the sense that you could basically have a bunch of different characters for one character, having an item that gives really high knockback moves for one character, or a comboing one for another, etc., and you could make characters suited for a lot of stuff

But some issues IMO are:

1. No GC support (biased, because I am a Melee player)
2. Different engine than Brawl and Melee (which will mean entirely different game which means splitting the community again)
3. 3DS/Wii combo required to fully strengthen your character. I mean, come on. The 3DS is pretty bad, and this costs even more money. (I checked it out at a Gamestop and it's basically a DS with a slight 3D effect at the cost of a huge headache after a while)

In summation, I think the new smash bros will be like BrawlIN THE SENSE THAT it will have many many new features like Brawl did (Boss battles, SSE, wifi), but it will not be a competitive sequel like a lot of Melee players felt Brawl should have been and Brawlers (maybe?) are looking forward to.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, you came just to make a post about how you're not going to get the game?

Tch. I can't stand this.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm sorry, you came just to make a post about how you're not going to get the game?

Tch. I can't stand this.
Well, he could have given us his SSB4 roster. :chuckle:

Okay, I think I will hand over the BRoom to Star if he wishes, I leave it in his hands.

Sure. I'm not sure how much longer I will be floating around. But I can always pop in to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I think the new smash game will be better than Brawl, but I'm still not going to get it. I could see maybe the leveling up system thing working in the sense that you could basically have a bunch of different characters for one character, having an item that gives really high knockback moves for one character, or a comboing one for another, etc., and you could make characters suited for a lot of stuff

But some issues IMO are:

2. Different engine than Brawl and Melee (which will mean entirely different game which means splitting the community again)
3. 3DS/Wii combo required to fully strengthen your character. I mean, come on. The 3DS is pretty bad, and this costs even more money. (I checked it out at a Gamestop and it's basically a DS with a slight 3D effect at the cost of a huge headache after a while)

In summation, I think the new smash bros will be like BrawlIN THE SENSE THAT it will have many many new features like Brawl did (Boss battles, SSE, wifi), but it will not be a competitive sequel like a lot of Melee players felt Brawl should have been and Brawlers (maybe?) are looking forward to.
1. It is very possible if not likely that Nintendo will introduce another Classic Controller designed in lieu of the GCN controller, or a 3rd party might come up with a controller.

2. How is this a bad thing? Change is a good thing, man.

3. No... I don't think you got what Sakurai meant by the interconnectivity with the 3DS. You don't need the Wii U to strenghten your "created character" on the 3DS nor would it ever be used that way... that would be bad business, amongst other things. 3DS isn't terrible, either.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Granted you made some realistic assessments about the role of community appeal, but that's all that was necessary.

Lol, I gathered Takumaru and Issac, that's all I respect from the community roster.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

But some issues IMO are:

I see the issues, but that certaintly won't stop me from at least playing the new game, I agree with what needs to be fixed, but by NO means do I think this should be a turnoff for tbe next sequel, it's not a good justification if you're going to look at the past, I advise you; look into it and experiment.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Know this is a little off topic and personal. But I just wish to apologize. I know I've come across as being a little conceited and attention whorish. It isn't my attention to be that way and I have been catching myself lately. So to those it may have bugged, my apologies. Will work on it. :)

Anyways, back on topic. If Geno were to be made a playable character in the upcoming Fortune Street game do you all feel that would give him a better chance at being playable in the next Smash Bros? In Itadaki Street DS they used a SMRPG song, so it is not out of the realm of possibility that more Super Mario RPG content could show up.

Itadaki Street DS - Mushroom Kingdom (SMRPG)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
So let me get this straight: what made Brawl less "competitive" and more "casual" than Melee is the slower pace, new physics system which made wavedashing impossible, random tripping, Final Smashes, slower falling speed, and reduced the amount of hitstun from Melee. Am I missing anything else?

@Starphoenix- I guess you're right, I was hoping Sakurai would be so inspired by the power of the Wii U that'd he want to enhance the graphics of the past stages to match...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Lol Star***** (yeah thats right, I can't censor dodge anymore or else I'll get in trouble)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I see the issues, but that certaintly won't stop me from at least playing the new game, I agree with what needs to be fixed, but by NO means do I think this should be a turnoff for tbe next sequel, it's not a good justification if you're going to look at the past, I advise you; look into it and experiment.

Agreed, no Smash game is perfect (I can't believe I just said that lol), you need to learn from the past in order to keep on track while making room for improvement and change.

Each game tested many new ideas, and the sequels made improvements/changes in order to experiment for the next game, while making said original all the more unique in design so you will still have something to come back to.

I have no doubt in my mind that what we see for the Wii U/3DS will be yet another step in this process in order to make a more perfect sequel, just as Brawl is with SSB4, and Melee was for Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom