• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Whoa! Whoa!!

Slow down, you are going to take my breath away lol..:laugh:

:phone:
Sorry... No I'm not.

http://youtu.be/l2gl4EB_nh8

As silly as it may sound I have always enjoyed the idea of Megaman X over Classic. He always seemed like he'd be better as a fighter in the Smash model. Perhaps it is my own childhood affecting me as I have more memories with playing the Megaman X on the SNES. Plus I won't lie, Megaman X music is about as good as it gets. Especially for a synth rock buff such as myself.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wow, what theme did this song come from?

I've always imagined him to look like Ray MK I lol..y'know futureristic looking and stuff.

Megaman X3

He might be similar in a way to him. But I imagine X being much more mobile. Plus his wall jumps could be implemented.

On an unrelated note. I really cannot stand Gamefaqs, I spent a lot of time doing a comprehensive stage analysis thread only for it to be buried. That place works backwards. Although I did manage to find my post were I broke down which stages from Brawl are likely to return and which likely to be cut.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Actually, yes; the Ken from Street Fighter, he was looking at his hitbox shots as inspiration.

I see
So no thoughts on the rest of my post?

So we went from 12 to 26 to 40? I don't see a problem with 50 - 55. Sakurai's going to have his team work with him more, so balancing shouldn't be that big of a deal, and it might take a while to make more movesets. The more characters the better, it doesn't look impossible. And he could add more characters through DLC, which may lead up to 50 - 55 or more.

@Star
Who's to say we can't have X and classic music? They did it for Sonic :) And MM could have a mix of classic and X moves as it is. There could be an X model swap too.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finally a MM music discussion, this is going to be fun. :cool:

But for the moment, the only real songs I can think of that are a must are the Title Screens from MM2-3, and Dr. Wily's Castle Lvl 1-2 from MM2.

I'll post later what else I think would be awesome to have.

EDIT: I have 666 posts. :evil:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
True, but all I really said was that 50 - 55 don't seem to be bad numbers in general. What with it being on the Wii U it would have the capability to have DLC characters.
50 also seems likely assuming characters return and none get cut. The only character I can see getting cut is Lucario; Sonic and Snake maybe if 3rd party is treated like SC.
But basically I'm just saying that 55 isn't impossible

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Finally a MM music discussion, this is going to be fun. :cool:

But for the moment, the only real songs I can think of that are a must are the Title Screens from MM2-3, and Dr. Wily's Castle Lvl 1-2 from MM2.

I'll post later what else I think would be awesome to have.

EDIT: I have 666 posts. :evil:
You should post em' up, I'd like to hear more. :)

BTW, I like this!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRdDCJncy24

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@StarPhoenix: I don't know if you already saw these but these songs are pretty good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sayGb0MMS_k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja5QUTlgZ3Y&feature=related
I'll one up you.

http://youtu.be/avpQwkzfYyc
http://youtu.be/xDAPZiZIKN4

You should post em' up, I'd like to hear more. :)

BTW, I like this!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRdDCJncy24

Which sounds an awful lot like this.

http://youtu.be/r_IqbstD4Aw

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
On an unrelated note. I really cannot stand Gamefaqs, I spent a lot of time doing a comprehensive stage analysis thread only for it to be buried. That place works backwards. Although I did manage to find my post were I broke down which stages from Brawl are likely to return and which likely to be cut.
Tell me about it. The majority of this page are joke topics or topics that is flat out uninteresting. Since I'm trying to focus more on school work, the only reason why I bother to come by is because I'm nominating Meloetta for Rate Their Chances and Victini for New Character Popularity Poll. Once both of these are done, I will not be visiting that site until there is a point where I have a day without home work and having to study.

Also, Mega Man music are fantastic by default.

*signing-out*

OmegaXXII

True, but all I really said was that 50 - 55 don't seem to be bad numbers in general. What with it being on the Wii U it would have the capability to have DLC characters.
50 also seems likely assuming characters return and none get cut. The only character I can see getting cut is Lucario; Sonic and Snake maybe if 3rd party is treated like SC.
But basically I'm just saying that 55 isn't impossible
Well...I never said it wasn't impossible just unlikely, besides you have to take into account that if we get universal rosters for the Wii-U and 3DS, we won't probably see that many, again not probable but also not impossible.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Tell me about it. The majority of this page are joke topics or topics that is flat out uninteresting. Since I'm trying to focus more on school work, the only reason why I bother to come by is because I'm nominating Meloetta for Rate Their Chances and Victini for New Character Popularity Poll. Once both of these are done, I will not be visiting that site until there is a point where I have a day without home work and having to study.

Also, Mega Man music are fantastic by default.

*signing-out*
I know that one, the only reason I'm still popping around is when I take breaks from work. Plus I had a couple of stage concepts I wanted to do. The main one being my returning stages concept I posted.

Also, this is one of my favorite underrated Megaman tracks.
http://youtu.be/z5zK8maoMOI

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
These are the only must songs I see that MM should have if he makes it in.

MM2 - Title Screen (Theme of Mega Man)
MM1 - Cut Man's Theme
MM2 - Dr. Wily's Castle 1 & 2
MM7 - Intro Stage
MM3 - Title Screen
MMX - Highway (Theme of X)
MMZ - Zero's Theme (from MMX) (arranged version)
MMZX - Green Grass Gradation
MMBN - Main Theme

And since we're on the topic of music, I'd like to share this video I made a while back. If you haven't played MM before this just might convence you too. ;)

I of course got Tommy Tallarico's permission to use it at VGL on the MM segment.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
OMFG!!!!

What is this holy song you just presented me with? It seems like a good remix of the Custom Robo theme, WOW!

Are they the same composer by any chance?

Megaman Network Transmission - Shinji Hosoe
Custom Robo V2 - Shinji Hosoe
Yep. Megaman Network Transmission is by far his best work. Listen to them.

Megaman Network Transmission - Electric City (BrightMan's Stage)
Megaman Network Transmisson - Power Plant (ElecMan's Stage)
Megaman Network Transmission - Old Generation Area (Swordsman's Stage)
Megaman Network Transmission - Blazing Internet (FireMan's Stage)
Megaman Network Transmission - Bank system (QuickMan's Stage)
Mega Man Network Transmission - Zero Gravity Area (StarMan's Stage)
Megaman Network Transmission - Vs. Zero

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oops I forgot one must song. :facepalm:

MML - Flutter VS The Gesellschaft

I don't know any songs from Star Force, I've never played it, and from what I've heard it sucks (except the music).

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well...I never said it wasn't impossible just unlikely, besides you have to take into account that if we get universal rosters for the Wii-U and 3DS, we won't probably see that many, again not probable but also not impossible.

If 3DS is only gonna be single player capable and that there would be a transfer system, then true that there may be a limit but the transfer system would fix that. And DLC characters would be after release, exclusively downloaded for Wii U or maybe 3DS if there was room.

Also, keep them musics comin :D Awesome battle music, esp for 1v1's.

OmegaXXII

Yep. Megaman Network Transmission is by far his best work. Listen to them.

Megaman Network Transmission - Electric City (BrightMan's Stage)
Megaman Network Transmisson - Power Plant (ElecMan's Stage)
Megaman Network Transmission - Old Generation Area (Swordsman's Stage)
Megaman Network Transmission - Blazing Internet (FireMan's Stage)
Megaman Network Transmission - Bank system (QuickMan's Stage)
Mega Man Network Transmission - Zero Gravity Area (StarMan's Stage)
Megaman Network Transmission - Vs. Zero
Hey, nice, I'm loving that Zero theme as well as FireMan and Quickman.

What to play???? I really like X music since it's too similar to Custom Robo.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Really Star? Really? i return and see that you have preference to X? i hope you're not pulling my leg.

in other news, in this thread's predecessor, i did post a ton of UGen/ Kurogane/ THIRD music as well as BREISPROWER...

so... since you are just beginning to listen to those two... here are some of my favorite pics from those doujin...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm7fl3Cw4_o&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxC0VjiUQAQ&fmt=18

well, you'd might as well see the collection of UGen music at the DoujinChannel here

there is also Dangerous Mezashi Cat here, but they did classic megaman music sooo...

btw, it's break time so i just wanted to drop by.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Really Star? Really? i return and see that you have preference to X? i hope you're not pulling my leg.
Ummm, I'm quite serious. Is there a problem with me preferring the X series over the Classic?

Oh and kudo's for knowing about the DoujinChannel. ;)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
no! the more the merrier!! i just always assumed everyone here besides me had preference to classic

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
no! the more the merrier!! i just always assumed everyone here besides me had preference to classic
Actually X and Zero are my favorite Megaman characters, following them would be Bass.EXE. I just wish more people appreciated the Battle Network series. It was actually a very solid series.

Surge of Power is still one of my favorite tracks.

OmegaXXII

If 3DS is only gonna be single player capable and that there would be a transfer system, then true that there may be a limit but the transfer system would fix that. And DLC characters would be after release, exclusively downloaded for Wii U or maybe 3DS if there was room.
Also, keep them musics comin :D Awesome battle music, esp for 1v1's.
Notice if we were to have enough space on the 3DS, besides why would we need a transfer system for characters if the rosters were to be universal?

Honestly, I can only see it happening with the Mii's or whatnot, if we were to get any DLC it will most likely be for both, but again only if DLC were to offer characters.

Other than that I'm really not expecting a big humangous roster only to be shot down by Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

I personally prefer the Classic version to represent in SSB4, but X version would do great as well. Heck, I'd be happy if Legends or EXE showed up (what I would not want to see is Star Force).

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually X and Zero are my favorite Megaman characters, following them would be Bass.EXE. I just wish more people appreciated the Battle Network series. It was actually a very solid series.

Surge of Power is still one of my favorite tracks.
Mine would be Dr. Wily, and of course anyone from Hitoshi Ariga's MM manga; in particular, Quick Man.

I'm sorry, but if you read the manga you'll find him to be the most bad *** character in MM history. He even beats out spoon sword M2 in that department. :awesome:

I do agree with you there Star. The BN series is unappreciated, just because a series is repetive doesn't mean it's bad. So I do hope it is represented in SSB4 in some way.

Also. awesome song, it's too bad I haven't made it that far in BN6 yet. lol

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
My favorite Megaman is still classic. I dunno. I just see classic as unadulterated Megaman, while the rest are derivatives. Classic is, like, pure Megaman. X is Megaman trying to be a little cooler, as if he felt inadequate as the slightly cutesy classic version.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Omega

Put me down on classic.

X is awesome, but he has fallen in the past few years (although I want him in MvC3), and just never was the same after X7. :(

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
X is awesome, but he has fallen in the past few years (although I want him in UMvC3), and X7 ruined it... X8 was cool though. :)
fixed!! lol sorry about putting words in your mouth

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Mine would be Dr. Wily, and of course anyone from Hitoshi Ariga's MM manga; in particular, Quick Man.

I'm sorry, but if you read the manga you'll find him to be the most bad *** character in MM history. He even beats out spoon sword M2 in that department. :awesome:

I do agree with you there Star. The BN series is unappreciated, just because a series is repetive doesn't mean it's bad. So I do hope it is represented in SSB4 in some way.

Also. awesome song, it's too bad I haven't made it that far in BN6 yet. lol
Battle Network has always had good music.

Megaman Battle Network - Fire Field (FireMan's Stage)
Megaman Battle Network 2 - Time Limit (QuickMan's Stage)
Mega Man Battle Network 3 - Shooting Enemy (Battle Theme)
Megaman Battle Network 3 - Great Battlers (N1 Grand Prix Battle Theme)
Megaman Battle Network 3 - Vs. Alpha (Final Battle!)
Megaman Battle Network 3 - Shine In The Dark
Megaman Battle Network 5 - Opening Theme
Megaman Battle Network 5 - Liberation Mission
Megaman Battle Network 5 - Vs. Nebula Gray
Megaman Battle Network 6 - Two of Braves
Megaman Battle Network 6 - Break The Storm

These are just a few.

My favorite Megaman is still classic. I dunno. I just see classic as unadulterated Megaman, while the rest are derivatives. Classic is, like, pure Megaman. X is Megaman trying to be a little cooler, as if he felt inadequate as the slightly cutesy classic version.
See I grew up playing Megaman X so for me X feels just as "Megaman-y" as Classic.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@augustoflores

Thanks for fixing it. lol

X8 was pretty good, here's hoping for X9. :cool:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I played and loved to X games too, but I always feel like classic is the true Megaman, regardless. Because you really can't argue against it. It's Megaman in his purest form. =P You don't have to argue over his derivatives, being X, Legends, Battle Network, etc., when you just go with the fundamental version on which all other versions are based.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I've never played a Megaman game. =P

10sodeprived's

My eyes nearly bled while I was reading earlier pages. =\ Anyone who will take Adam Malkovich over Ridley... or hell over Dark Samus, just crushes my soul. They do, really.
Almost as much as the people who will take Anthony Higgs over all three of them.

Sigh... Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom