• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Like Starphoenix, I also first identified him with the X version and he's the most nostalgic for me. While I do feel that Classic would be more appropriate for Smash, I'd like to have X based off nostalgia from playing Mega Man X and Mega Man X6.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I grew up in the time when the MM series was not so hot due to the repetive games and reception of the later X games, the halt of the Legends series, and the yearly BN and Zero games.

But seeing as the first true MM game I truly enjoyed was the Classic anniversary collection, plus the fact I'm a retro/import gamer, Classic has a large nostalgic value to me.

Plus since Classic sucked in MvC, and will never get into MvC3 (the director openly said X would be the MM to get in if MM happened), I'd like to give Classic a try in another fighting game, that in my opinion would be perfect for someone like him.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I played every single iteration of megaman (sans the starforce)
I first played Mega Man (NES) even though it was my first game, i have preference to X.
My first X game was MegaMan X4 (PS).
Oddly enough, i only played one other game for both series; Mega Man 8 (PS) and Mega Man X8 (PS2).
I got to play all of Mega Man Classic with Mega Man Anniversary Collection (PS2) and all of Mega Man X with Mega Man X Collection (PS2). The only one in the X series i hadn't played were Command Mission and X7.

my major support goes to X for his potential, music, looks, vast armor selections, power, size, etc.

i don't believe that they will be able to accurately depict Classic Rock Man in the smash realm... rock is small and he is about 10 years old... he will most definitely clash with the general universe. size in marvel vs capcom is different than that in smash. using x will be much easier since he is more adult than Rock. he'd be about snake's size give or take.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Updated list

X:
Starphoenix
Omega (O.M.G)
nLim8d
augustoflores

Classic:
SSBFan
Hex
---

@Hex: Why do you say that classic is the "core" of all Megaman? Elaborate your reasoning please.

:phone:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i'll answer for him... Classic is the original, the basis for all of the other series, the original, the template, etc.
and because they are (were) still making games for the series.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
i don't believe that they will be able to accurately depict Classic Rock Man in the smash realm... rock is small and he is about 10 years old... he will most definitely clash with the general universe. size in marvel vs capcom is different than that in smash. using x will be much easier since he is more adult than Rock.
I respect your opinion, but I doubt Smash would have any problem depicting Classic.

I mean just look at characters like Jigglypuff, Peach, Pikachu/Pichu, Olimar, Toon Link, Snake and the Ice Climbers. Classic shouldn't have any problem fitting in.

OmegaXXII

i'll answer for him... Classic is the original, the basis for all of the other series, the original, the template, etc.
and because they are (were) still making games for the series.
Hmm... I see, I was wondering because people always seems to shove all other forms aside and say that "classic" is what represents the whole series, it's just a thought from someone.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Don't you diss Megaman.EXE. :glare:
Agreed, if anything diss whatever MM is refered to as in Star Force series. No one likes him, he as a sock puppet for a hand/gun. XP

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Lol..I like his music, not his design. :p

I won't bash at the game though, is it good?? Any suggestions?

Also:

If you are going to play any Battle Network game get Megaman Battle Network 3. It is easily the best. The first three are pretty good, 5 & 6 are good too but have the "chibi" design too them and suffer from some other graphical nuances. 4 is just horrible altogether, I would never recommend that game. The music is awful awful awful and the characters are very bland. No one compares to Yoshino Aoki though. Man I wish she would work on a Nintendo soundtrack. Her and Shimomura together would make me squeal like a little school girl.

Seriously, listen to her Battle Network renditions of the Robot Master themes.

Aquaman

Searchman
Fireman
Forte
Iceman
Metalman
Gutsman
Blues

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
you can't alt costume the other versions, it wouldn't fit. classic will just have to have dozens of palette swaps as it is what classic is best at.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Aww star, i missed ya! Darn! :/

And when it comes to VG music, Koji Kondo settles the score for me. No, it wasn't Super Mario Brothers that did it, but rather Yoshi's Island. Great game. Even greater music.

There's a few others(i'll name by game) that are at that level for me: Chrono Trigger, Terranigma, Final Fantasy(IV, V, VI, and to some extent, X; i haven't played VII :( ), a bunch of songs from other games.

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
I doubt they would pick X over classic. X doesn't affiliate much with Nintendo anyway, Classic Megaman started off on a nintendo console.

Also classic fits more in the smash universe than x

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like some of the villain designs in EXE but Megaman himself looks like he's wearing long underwear with an icon form Reboot on it

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I doubt they would pick X over classic. X doesn't affiliate much with Nintendo anyway, Classic Megaman started off on a nintendo console.

Also classic fits more in the smash universe than x
you fool. X started on the SNES. all games that were being made by capcom at the time (both classic and X) had followed the plans of the bigwigs at capcom headquarters, the plan of the abandonment of cartridge based games. While capcom were continually dishing out games for the classic generation on the NES, they branched to the SNES in the form of Mega Man X. Capcom's money conserving ways, much like square soft's ways, were to switch over to CD based format.
Mega Man 8 & Mega Man X4 started off on the much cheaper format of the 5th Generation of consoles. the only series to be completely Nintendo, would have to be Mega Man Zero, Battle Network, Mega Man ZX, and Star Force. cough.

None of the Mega Men affiliate with Nintendo, it wouldn't matter how you spin it. it's all visual and a personal preference butts into ones debate if it suits them (myself included). In all actuality, Zero (MMZ version) fits in the most, but we don't want the blue bomber to be replaced by zero again, now do we?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
you fool. X started on the SNES. all games that were being made by capcom at the time (both classic and X) had followed the plans of the bigwigs at capcom headquarters. the abandonment of cartridge based games. While capcom were continually dishing out games for the classic generation on the NES, they branched to the SNES in the form of Mega Man X. Capcom's money conserving ways, much like square soft's ways, were to switch over to CD based format.
Mega Man 8 & Mega Man X4 started off on the much cheaper format of the 5th Generation of consoles. the only series to be completely Nintendo, would have to be Mega Man Zero, Battle Network, Mega Man ZX, and Star Force. cough.

None of the Mega Men affiliate with Nintendo, do matter how you spin it. it's all visual and a personal preference butts into ones debate if it suits them (myself included). In all actuality, Zero (MMZ version) fits in the most, but we don't want the blue bomber to be replaced by zero again, now do we?
How does classic Mega Man not fit?

Why does it need to be completely Nintendo to fit?

Sonic was NEVER completely Nintendo, being their rival. And up until his Brawl appearance, Snake had been only on the NES and 1 gamecube game, I believe

OmegaXXII

If you are going to play any Battle Network game get Megaman Battle Network 3. It is easily the best. The first three are pretty good, 5 & 6 are good too but have the "chibi" design too them and suffer from some other graphical nuances. 4 is just horrible altogether, I would never recommend that game. The music is awful awful awful and the characters are very bland. No one compares to Yoshino Aoki though. Man I wish she would work on a Nintendo soundtrack. Her and Shimomura together would make me squeal like a little school girl.

Seriously, listen to her Battle Network renditions of the Robot Master themes.

Aquaman

Searchman
Fireman
Forte
Iceman
Metalman
Gutsman
Blues
Wow, what a selection of songs you have there, seriously though, I'm really thinking about getting either Battle Network (for the music lol.) or Megaman X, both interest me more than tbe classic megaman titles, no offense to all you classic lovers but I really don't find the 8-bit games appealing at all, ever since I played the Megaman 2010 demo, it made me realize that the style of those games aren't for me.

Nice selection btw, if it's on PSX/PS2 you can bet I'll pick these babies up very very soon.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
How does classic Mega Man not fit?

Why does it need to be completely Nintendo to fit?

Sonic was NEVER completely Nintendo, being their rival. And up until his Brawl appearance, Snake had been only on the NES and 1 gamecube game, I believe
Sonic and Snake didn't fit. the word fit is used in a different format. technically, by the definition you want me to use, virtually any video game "character" fits.

it will be difficult to explain myself completely, but if you have the skill, and i hope you do, then please reread my words and compare them with the quote i provided. there shouldn't be anything that would cause any confusion regarding my main point. but mostly, the original post was to combat every word used by Neontiger94. i successfully accomplished that.

oh, and one more thing... i never stated that classic megaman didn't fit. i also never stated that it had to be completely nintendo.

OmegaXXII

I laugh at your rants augustoflores, you seem to know your Megaman alot while I on the other hand know squat about it aside from MvC2.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
fufufufu... well, it is my favorite series (all of it!!), keiji inafune is one of my inspirations with all of his mega art.

OmegaXXII

Yes, I see, just as a precaution, neontiger has always been a hater, every freakin time.

So....what X design do you have in mind as far as color scheme goes?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
huh? this one of course!

any other design is Alt costume... or final smash.

isn't it odd how i support the inclusion of mega man but i don't have him on my sig? lol, im waiting for X to be available.

OmegaXXII

Haha, that picture reminded of Lord Hokage, he's the biggest Megaman hater on here, he'll barge in from time to time.

Also, don't you have a GIF of X lol?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Notice if we were to have enough space on the 3DS, besides why would we need a transfer system for characters if the rosters were to be universal?

Honestly, I can only see it happening with the Mii's or whatnot, if we were to get any DLC it will most likely be for both, but again only if DLC were to offer characters.

Other than that I'm really not expecting a big humangous roster only to be shot down by Sakurai.
What I meant was that on 3DS you could "delete" some characters and then add them from the Wii, giving you a custized roster and it helps to support a big roster (either 50 or a smaller one we'll most likely get).

You could put me under Classic if you dont care for my name being there :) Ive played more games from X but Classic is more relavant to Nintendo
btw You didnt elaborate on that hitbox thing you mentioned earlier :O

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202

well, i figured out what his neutral a is... it's called a punch.
goodbye *smokebomb*

OmegaXXII

What's it called lol..?

@y.toonlink: Why would you say that "classic" is more relevant than X? Why? Just because he has a new game out??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom