• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, it's not bad, I just rather see something more unique rthat he utilizes himself rather than having to depend on somethin external for damage.

That's just me though, but hea if you gave him a couple of standards attacks it would hurt him as a character at all, that wouldn't mean anything like MvC since he would also have specials and such.

:phone:
Something unique that utilizes himself, hmm, I'll have to think on that as I believe I already gave him all of the close combat moves from his games as special moves. lol

As for standard attacks, I don't think it would be very relalistic to his games so I'll take your feedback and think on it. ;)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well JohnKnight, for starters a new Nintendo game will be announced next month:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/23/nintendo_september_announcement/
Pikmin 3? FINNNNAALLLLYYYY????

I think the power switching move could be executed well, I don't think he should use the copy ability though. That's a bit overboard for me. Megaman bores me, probably because he's one of the few characters I know that our moveset guesses would be dead on about. He just doesn't excite me.
How is it overboard? It isn't a copy ability, it's more of a "best move" stealing ability from the robot master bosses. It could come directly from Mega Man Robot Master bosses, smash characters, or both. It could really be an exciting move/ability for Mega Man.

He's guaranteed to have a few surprises in store. C'mon, there's 10 Mega Man classic games (plus Mega Man and Bass), 8 Mega Man X games, 4 Mega Man Zero Games, and a plethora of other Mega Man games to get moves from as well!

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Pikmin 3? FINNNNAALLLLYYYY????

How is it overboard? It isn't a copy ability, it's more of a "best move" stealing ability from the robot master bosses. It could come directly from Mega Man Robot Master bosses, smash characters, or both. It could really be an exciting move/ability for Mega Man.

He's guaranteed to have a few surprises in store. C'mon, there's 10 Mega Man classic games (plus Mega Man and Bass), 8 Mega Man X games, 4 Mega Man Zero Games, and a plethora of other Mega Man games to get moves from as well!
I did like the copy ability, but I think the weapon swap would be better and it makes more sense since MM never directly copied attacks (correct me if not). So instead of stealing just swap to a weapon already set.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Don't worry, SOMEONE is going to make a Gamecube controller-like controller compatible for the Wii U if it won't be compatible. It could be Nintendo, a 3rd party controller company (hopefully it doesn't suck), or some people in the community. Either way, we will get one. (without any awful lag issues that the Wiimote struggles with in big tournament atmospheres)

I did like the copy ability, but I think the weapon swap would be better and it makes more sense since MM never directly copied attacks (correct me if not). So instead of stealing just swap to a weapon already set.
He absorbed their powers to unlock their signature move. The weapon swap and copy ability could also very well both happen.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wouldn't call it dead on or boring. :p
I would.

You aren't putting the whole roster into prospective. Aside from him just stealing too many moves from other people for one moveset, you have Kirby with the same ability, and possibly Zoroark with a similar ability. It's about give and take sometimes, and I don't want three copy abilities, I don't even want two.

MvC tells me otherwise. He'll have a few interesting moves I'm sure, but the rest will all be expected. You can blame that on the MvC series.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Something unique that utilizes himself, hmm, I'll have to think on that as I believe I already gave him all of the close combat moves from his games as special moves. lol

As for standard attacks, I don't think it would be very relalistic to his games so I'll take your feedback and think on it. ;)

Well don't take my suggestions to seriously lol.. I know nothing about Megaman lol..I've never even play a single game of his in my life, just played with him a little in MvC2 that's all. :laugh:

I'm thinking about getting the X collection on PS2 though.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
He absorbs them after the boss is defeated, not directly tho. And to change weapons you have to go to a menu, but I think it would be randomized choice to keep it SSB like.

Also, they have to make an exclusive SSB GC controller. They just have to

@Omega
I've been off and on but I should have a basic moveset later today. I'll PM it to you when I have it.

Anyone else would like to critique and want me to send too?

OmegaXXII

I agree with this concept somewhat, I don't think he should copy Smash characters moves, it makes him look very unoriginal, be needs to be unique and interesting as possible without having to resort to cheap character move knockoffs. <_<

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He absorbs them after the boss is defeated, not directly tho. And to change weapons you have to go to a menu, but I think it would be randomized choice to keep it SSB like.
1. Try to spice it up however you like, copy ability is copy ability.

2. Eww, random. Think of something that is actually reliable. Random is bad. If he has a move that shoots out tornados, and a move the drops bricks, you can't leave something that significantly different up to random. It's just not a good idea.

Thino

Smash Master

Also, they have to make an exclusive SSB GC controller. They just have to
somewhere within those 2000 pages , someone posted a picture of a GCN shaped CC

might be cool especially since GC games are gonna be downloadable

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well don't take my suggestions to seriously lol.. I know nothing about Megaman lol..I've never even play a single game of his in my life, just played with him a little in MvC2 that's all. :laugh:

I'm thinking about getting the X collection on PS2 though.

Your feedback is just as valid as everyone elses so don't feel bad. There is still a large chance they may just port his MvC moveset, this is Capcom we're talking about. ;)

Although you're missing a lot by not playing at least one of the 8 bit classic games or the 16 bit X games. So yes, the X collection is quite worth it, just not as much as the classic collection (you get 10 games instead of 6+1 spinoff).

Or if you're into shooters, then download the free Mega Man 8 Bit Deathmatch game, it's MM as a FPS! Over 50 stages, over 60 different weapons, and lots of expansions and user created content. :cool:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
1. Try to spice it up however you like, copy ability is copy ability.

2. Eww, random. Think of something that is actually reliable. Random is bad. If he has a move that shoots out tornados, and a move the drops bricks, you can't leave something that significantly different up to random. It's just not a good idea.
Peach, G&W, D3 and Olimar all use a random type of attack (esp Olimar). It wouldn't be random every time it would be used so I'm thinking a Down B would be changing it up. Plus with a wide variety that he has, a PT type of change would be more reliable but it would take forever to get to the one weapon that you want.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't get why you'd have to connect the wii controller in it. Why not just make a dedicated gamecube shaped wii controller?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Opossum. I would like to know more about your silly debate. :I

It involves Ridley and K. Rool which I find more interesting than Mega Man. :awesome:

Thino

Smash Master
SSB4 confirmed to be never played in tournament with that kind of bull**** wireless and WiiUs everywhere

netplay SSB4 is where its gonna be at

OmegaXXII

Your feedback is just as valid as everyone elses so don't feel bad. There is still a large chance they may just port his MvC moveset, this is Capcom we're talking about. ;)

Although you're missing a lot by not playing at least one of the 8 bit classic games or the 16 bit X games. So yes, the X collection is quite worth it, just not as much as the classic collection (you get 10 games instead of 6+1 spinoff).

Or if you're into shooters, then download the free Mega Man 8 Bit Deathmatch game, it's MM as a FPS! Over 50 stages, over 60 different weapons, and lots of expansions and user created content. :cool:
Megaman has a FPS based game? Is it 8-bit as well? Anyway I will look into tbe classic ones, I believe they have a collection for those as well. :cool:

as for tbe feedback, it's no problem, I'm merely suggesting stuff that would probably be suited for Smash. :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Megaman has a FPS based game? Is it 8-bit as well? Anyway I will look into tbe classic ones, I believe they have a collection for those as well. :cool:

as for tbe feedback, it's no problem, I'm merely suggesting stuff that would probably be suited for Smash. :p

Here's a download link if you're interested.

Also, Star is gone!?

Bummer. :(

I was hoping to show him my ideas for a R.O.B. and new Yoshi stage. :(

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Peach, G&W, D3 and Olimar all use a random type of attack (esp Olimar). It wouldn't be random every time it would be used so I'm thinking a Down B would be changing it up. Plus with a wide variety that he has, a PT type of change would be more reliable but it would take forever to get to the one weapon that you want.
Well then they better only add three or four weapons huh? Because random isn't happening. Not for attacks they play so differently. Besides, if I had it my way, Peach wouldn't be random at all.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Huh Star left Is he ever going to come back? I'm working on a storyline plot for the game I'll post it later

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You aren't putting the whole roster into prospective. Aside from him just stealing too many moves from other people for one moveset, you have Kirby with the same ability, and possibly Zoroark with a similar ability. It's about give and take sometimes, and I don't want three copy abilities, I don't even want two.

MvC tells me otherwise. He'll have a few interesting moves I'm sure, but the rest will all be expected. You can blame that on the MvC series.
Kirby copies abilities, yes, but Mega Man could absorb a power similar to those from the classic Mega Man games. Imagine the Metal Man Metal Blades, Snake Man's Snakes, Elect Man's Electric blast, Fire Man's Fire attack, etc. They wouldn't be that hard to do, and could be completely different from Kirby. That would be more or less be completely different from what Kirby does.

MvC1&2 Mega Man was literally just promotion for Mega Man 8. Heck, Mega Man had 2 of his own fighting game-styled arcade games that featured his ability to absorb powers heavily.

Also, did Sakurai ever base any of Sonic's moves off traditional move sets? Did he take any moves from any Sonic fighting games? Sakurai tends to think out of the box. Capcom... they tend to every once in a while, but not anywhere near as often as Sakurai.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well then they better only add three or four weapons huh? Because random isn't happening. Not for attacks they play so differently. Besides, if I had it my way, Peach wouldn't be random at all.
Well, you say Megaman would be boring in general, so only 3 or 4 weapons would be boring compared to 9. Plus, that random factor that those characters have make a fun surprise factor. Competitively you could keep that one weapon when you find it, unless there would be a forced change factor like PT (then its hackin time). If Peach's turnips and tennis racket weren't random she'd be a little overpowered in Brawl, and could take out Fox and Falco in Melee like nothing (dat Sorrow).
Albeit me saying that you could keep the one weapon, all the weapons should be practical. I dunno if there should be a tier list for his weapons, but if the OP ones could be a one time, or limited use.
Random wouldn't be that bad, I mean Olimar, D3 and G&W are high up on the tier list and Peach was b*tch in Melee (of course you won....b*tch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom