• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
here are my thoughts regarding mega's variable weapons system:
before you select MegaMan (X), you are prompted to select 3 different weapons using chips based on the characters in the game. this way, it matters not if the characters are robots or not as the copy ability has been used before the fight. Aand the chips, to re-clarify, are merely a justification. a reasoning.

as for what he copies... i don't know...

Copy characters' B ability, switch with taunt left and right:

Copy the three points of B direction and you have mega (X) Buster on B always:

Copy the general motif of a character and utilize the vast roster of special abilities in the MegaMan (or X) games, switch with taunt left and right:

if you had to choose between these, which would you choose?

...spring rush... NO! i would rather see RockMan do a shoryuken then to see rush plummet into the ground or bottom blast zone, rush is a character, not an item like sonic's spring. as for his mega buster, it should be able to charge even while he is in motion but that it is slower than the charge shot (samus)
I prefer this one

TNintendominate

Smash Rookie
Since GameFAQs is full of incompetent trolls, I decided to share my SSB4 roster here. I know, there are 64 characters, eight being third-party, but please give an honest opinion and help me out, unlike those trolls on GameFAQs.

Super Mario Bros.-
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Bowser
Bowser Jr./ Shadow Mario (switch with Bv)

Donkey Kong-
DK
Diddy Kong

Yoshi's Island-
Yoshi
Kamek

Mario RPGs-
Paper Mario
Paper Luigi
Koops (I know, one-shot character, but he's better than Toad or Waluigi)
Fawful
Baby Bros.

WarioWare/Land-
Wario

The Legend of Zelda-
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Tingle
Tetra/ Toon Zelda (switch with Bv)
Midna (one-shot, but still very popular)
Byrne (one-shot, but here until I find a better one)
Vaati
Ganondorf

Metroid-
Samus/ Zero Suit Samus
Rundas

Retro-
Pit
Wart (yes, from SMB2/ Doki Doki Panic)
Little Mac
Takamaru
Shantae
Mr. Game&Watch

Kirby's Dream Land-
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King Dedede
Prince Fluff

Pikmin-
Olimar
Louie
The President (literally just filler until I think of another {non-Pikmin} rep <_>)

Cave Story-

Star Fox-
Fox
Falco
Krystal (I am NOT a furry, Krystal simply has far more fans, much better moveset potential, and we won't have THREE Landmasters any more >_>)

F-Zero
Captain Falcon

Professor Layton Series-
Hershel Layton

No More Heroes Series-
Travis Touchdown

Rareware (yes, I know they work for Microsoft now, but there's the MINUTE possibility...)
Banjo-Kazooie

SSB-
Primid (in all honesty, I think Primid could have some promise as a playable character. I have a moveset if you want to see)

Pokemon-
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer- with Cyndaquil, Croconaw, and Meganium
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Champion- with Victini, Zoroark, and Genesect

Fire Emblem-
Marth
Ike

Earthbound/Mother-
Ness
Lucas

3RD PARTY BEYOND HERE! :O
SEGA-
Sonic
NiGHTS

Konami-
Snake
Kai (y'know, from Elebits)

Capcom-
Mega Man
Amaterasu

Square Enix-
Black Mage (or another suitable FF rep)
Geno

So, what do you think? THoughts/comments/help?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
@berserk... wat? did you see my weapons changing motif? did you like any of it? do you strangely prefer eddie coming on the battlefield and popping a move for mega?

@psycho... that's stupid.
Better than using taunt to change his specials. Taunt should not effect gameplay that radically

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I'd rather see MM just use his weapons without having to switch between them, although I wouldn't mind seeing that happen as long as there is no Eddie.

Also stay away from his MvC moveset, it was terrible, it bared little resemblence to his games, and was one of the reasons he wasn't in MvC3. :glare:

I hate you Hyper MM! :mad:

I'll post my moveset again later to show as an example.

As for copying weapons, I am very much against that seeing as I fail to see how it would work and that it would cost Kirby his uniqueness.

nintendominate......

Like what most people said, that roster wasn't realistic. Well, none of our rosters our likely but there are just too much 3rd parties plus unnecessary characters you put there

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
the usual roster bashing, y'know how it is with these:

rosalina, kamek, paper luigi, baby bros, koops (but for me, id remove all of the mario RPG stuffs), byrne, wart, prince fluff, louie, the president, cave story is 3rd party, no more heroes is third party, banjo was second party, but is now third party, primid. oh, and too many 3rd parties!! everyone else is plausable.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not sure why you have a "Mario RPG's" section and Geno is in Square section

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
because geno is third party even if he is from smrpg

taunt should not affect gameplay that radically? why not? if it works, why change it? but in this case, if it's good, why not?

characters that utilize the taunt: Kirby, Armored Samus, Luigi, Fox, Falco, Snake. the most radical of these is Armored Samus as she can revert to Zero Suit.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
...Am I the only one who thinks that handling the different powers like that is an absolutely horrid idea? You can't break the pace of SSB with a menu. -_-

And the idea of having that many different final smashes really bothers me to death.

Hate to break it to the guy who wrote that, but you simply can't take the exact playstyle of a character and just slap it onto Smash Bros.
I thought that he could have the weapon swap, but instead of a pop up menu it could be randomized to keep it "Smash related" like Peach, G&W, D3, Olimar.

That roster is starting to make me think he's trolling what with the long post twice and it looks like he didn't even read anyone's replies. But if not, it's waay too many Mario and 3rd party...and no Ridely or K Rool. The Tetra/Zelda one stuck out to me, I doubt it would happen but it sounds interesting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Since GameFAQs is full of incompetent trolls, I decided to share my SSB4 roster here. I know, there are 64 characters, eight being third-party, but please give an honest opinion and help me out, unlike those trolls on GameFAQs.

Super Mario Bros.-
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina I'd like to see her, moveset is no problem, but Toad is MUCH more deserving for a sixth Mario rep.
Bowser
Bowser Jr./ Shadow Mario (switch with Bv) Bowser Jr. is good alone without an added Mario clone.

Donkey Kong-
DK
Diddy Kong

I'd say add King K. Rool.

Yoshi's Island-
Yoshi
Kamek In the Yoshi series Kamek was always pretty much doing Baby Bowser's doing. Yoshi is fine alone.

Mario RPGs-
Paper Mario
Paper Luigi
Koops (I know, one-shot character, but he's better than Toad or Waluigi)
Fawful
Baby Bros.
Pretty much, you should ditch this entire piece, as only Paper Mario can be unique, as well as being relevant. A good rule of thumb is that if it is a relevant series, only RELEVANT characters should be added.

WarioWare/Land-
Wario

The Legend of Zelda-
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Tingle
Tetra/ Toon Zelda (switch with Bv)
Midna (one-shot, but still very popular)
Byrne (one-shot, but here until I find a better one)
Vaati
Out of these, pick one. By one, I mean either TZ/Tera or Tingle. I'd go for Toon Zelda/Tetra. Vaati, Midna, and Byrne were one-shot and need to go. Add back Toon Link...
Ganondorf

Metroid-
Samus/ Zero Suit Samus
Rundas I'm not a big Metorid fan, never played one of the games. Shameful, I know, but Ridley is far more deserving than whoever this is

Retro-
Pit
Wart (yes, from SMB2/ Doki Doki Panic)Since he's a Mario character, he won't happen, sadly.
Little Mac
Takamaru
Shantae Third Party.
Mr. Game&Watch
Where are ROB and the Ice Climbers?D:<

Kirby's Dream Land-
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King Dedede
Prince Fluff Kirby really doesn't need another rep.

Pikmin-
Olimar
Louie
The President (literally just filler until I think of another {non-Pikmin} rep <_>)

Pikmin doesn't need more reps yet. Nontheless two. Olimar's fine as he is.

Cave Story-
QuoteAnother Third Party

Star Fox-
Fox
Falco
Krystal (I am NOT a furry, Krystal simply has far more fans, much better moveset potential, and we won't have THREE Landmasters any more >_>)
Add back Wolf, but change his and Falco's Final Smash to a Wolfen and Arwing, respectively.

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
I'd personally prefer a second rep here. No big deal, though.

Professor Layton Series-
Hershel Layton Third Party. May have a chance.

No More Heroes Series-
Travis Touchdown Third Party.

Rareware (yes, I know they work for Microsoft now, but there's the MINUTE possibility...)
Banjo-Kazooie Microsoft owns him, as you said, so he just won't happen, sadly.

SSB-
Primid (in all honesty, I think Primid could have some promise as a playable character. I have a moveset if you want to see) Considering how much hate the SSE enemies got and how this is a Nintendo All-Star game series, he won't work.

Pokemon-
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer- with Cyndaquil, Croconaw, and Meganium Keep the original trainer.
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Champion- with Victini, Zoroark, and Genesect Nice idea, but I say just choose one of the three as a solo. Also, Pokemon should get at least 5 reps.

Fire Emblem-
Marth
Ike
Maybe an additional here, like Caeda or Black Knight.

Earthbound/Mother-
Ness
Lucas
Maybe add
Claus
, the Masked Man.

3RD PARTY BEYOND HERE! :O
SEGA-
Sonic
NiGHTS

Konami-
Snake
Kai (y'know, from Elebits)

Capcom-
Mega Man
Amaterasu

Square Enix-
Black Mage (or another suitable FF rep)
Geno

Way too many Third Parties. IF they return, I say three or four at MOST. And only one per company. Personally, I see it as Sonic, Snake, and Megaman.

Additional Comments:

I say also add a couple of miscellaneous characters, such as Starfy, Isaac, or Miis, perhaps. There probably won't be over 55, probably 50 characters. Just lose the Third Parties and random characters, add a few important ones, and you're good, IMO.

So, what do you think? THoughts/comments/help?
My opinions are in blue.

Anyway, I got into debating character inclusions over at Bulbagarden (a Pokemon site). Pretty cool debate. I think I'm winning. :D

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Side B:Nova Strike

Up B: don't have a gif but his upwards air dash from MegaMan X3 air dash
Neutral B: X Buster. standard 3 pellet shots on screen, intermediate charge shot, full charge shot. can charge while in motion, cannot keep charge saved.
Down B: since psycho didn't like that taunt would change the weapons for Mega (X), then i would have to change what was originally here, to change the X-Buster to change the weapons from the 3 selections you made in the character selection screen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think out main problems are that you are for X and I'm for classic

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
[COLLAPSE="Roster"]Mario
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Bower Jr.*

L.O.Z
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Toon Link*

Yoshi's Island
Yoshi

Wario Ware
Wario
Orbulon*

Donkey Kong
D.K.
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool*

Metroid
Samus/ZSS
Ridley
Anthony Higgs*

Star Fox
Fox
Wolf*
Falco*
Krystal

Kirby
Kirby
D3
M.K*

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo*
Zoroark*

The Legendary Starfy
Starfy

Punch Out
Little Mac

F Zero
Cpt. Falcon
Black Shadow*

Earthbound
Ness
Lucas*

Kid Icarus
Pit

Pikmin
Olimar

F.E
Marth
Ike*
Caeda*

Golden Sun
Issac

Retro
Ice Climber
Mr, Game and Watch*
R.O.B
Takamaru*

Sin Punishment
Saki Amamiya

3rd Party
Sonic*
Snake*
Slime and Chocobo*
Megaman*
Layton(DLC)

52 Characters(54 Form Change)
22 Unlockable
30 Starter Characters[/COLLAPSE]

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
~chaaa... you know what? i'm fine with classic, i just prefer X as he has more potential (debatable). he is taller, stronger, cooler, and i absolutely adore the Nova Strike... the only thing i have against Classic's inclusion is the usage of Rush or any other character (like Eddie). i almost always see Rush in Classic's B moves in fan's movesets for him, when i mentioned Rush's live status, Star said that he'd want him to have Beat. as Up B... i honestly didn't know what to think at that time but it would remind me of Snake's Cipher.... >_>

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
The only thing I'm going to say about Megaman is that if he is going to use the Robot Master ability he better have the metal blades (Metal Man's ability) from Megaman 2. They are rated as one of the best weapons in video game history by Game Informer.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
For final Smash, there should be a choice, who is with me on this? you choose your character, and on the character selection screen, you choose your final smash (if enabled) Luigi can have his negative zone or a Super Green Tornado!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
~chaaa... you know what? i'm fine with classic, i just prefer X as he has more potential (debatable). he is taller, stronger, cooler, and i absolutely adore the Nova Strike... the only thing i have against Classic's inclusion is the usage of Rush or any other character (like Eddie). i almost always see Rush in Classic's B moves in fan's movesets for him, when i mentioned Rush's live status, Star said that he'd want him to have Beat. as Up B... i honestly didn't know what to think at that time but it would remind me of Snake's Cipher.... >_>
*Peach uses a live character in her moveset*

Megaman just uses rush as an attack/ item in the game

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
okay!! jeez, i have a thing for megaman games, it's not that hard to figure out, i just hold the characters highly, even the legends series. only thing i despise is the Battle Network and Star Force.

ill back down on the preference for X... for now.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
High Five!! but that DLC better be good and not weak!!!
i'm gonna change my avatar to my most favored pic on my Dev Art account. keep in mind, i am still to be referred to as a guy.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
lol Zero is one of my best characters, and it just doesn't feel right to have him and Tron without the face of Capcom

@Omega:
I'm actually working on it right now :3
It's only attacks and specials for now, and I'm looking at MvC2 vids to see what attacks could be in

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
NO!! if it is just X for UMVC3, just look at X series!!! X, much like Classic, can turn their arm cannons into fists, a basic punch + kick combo is fine, it doesn't need to be in the games to be.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since we're discussing MM, here's a small sample of my moveset:

Specials:

Neutral - Mega Buster - Chargeable and can launch 3 uncharged shots at a time (think Super Scope item),

Side - Thunder Wool (MM10) - launches at an angle a Thunder Cloud that after 3-5 seconds produces a lightning bolt (Thunder!), great for edge guarding and setups,

Up - Rush Jet (MM3) - Rush appears underneath MM in Jet form, allows MM to fly for about 3-4, can attack but only with uncharged buster shots, when done puts MM into a helpless state, can jump/shield out of, balances poor aerial game,

Down - Copy Vision (MM&B) - creates a stationary hologram turret for 2-3 seconds, shoots non-flinching buster shots in 1 direction, hologram itself doesn't harm opponent, only 1 hologram at a time,

Final - Support Robots (MM5-6,MM7,MMV)- Summons Beat, Tango, and Rush all at once for 12-15 seconds, Beat and Tango hunt down opponents, while MM gains the Super Adaptor, 2nd Jump becomes a jet pack at the cost of losing his U-Special, Charged Buster shots become homing fists,

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Neutral B: Mega(or X) Buster. standard 3 pellet shots on screen, intermediate charge shot, full charge shot. can charge while in motion, cannot keep charge saved (like samus).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I like that final there.

I have a problem with his neutral, it doesn't have to be a Samus move. <_<

:phone:
Like Samus? Not at all, I think it'd turn out more like the Super Scope item where you can walk with it as well.

Either way, this is from my 1st draft, so it's not done quite yet.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Classic is small... X is zero's size, get creative when making punch kick combos.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, what X's advantage over classic megaman??

I still like the weapon switch move.

:phone:
X is an improved model of megaman that's activated 1000 years later after humanity is wiped out by some horrific cataclysm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom