• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
In the original game, Poison was going to be a woman

When they released it in America, Capcom felt that Americans wouldn't buy a game where you beat up women (Or they'd get some kind of lawsuit) so they changed Poison to a ******

Japan liked the idea, but didn't want poison to be a full ******

In America, it's a ******. In Japan, it's a guy wearing skimpy clothing and a boob job
Oh yummy. I love these akward situations that video game companies seem to get into. I vote she's a woman, because that's what she was intended to be. Either way, she doesn't hit Birdo status. Birdo is the only boy at the "Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun" Cyndi Lauper tour, if you catch my drift.

If we want a freaky deaky or non-erryday character, why not Voldo?

I like Chun-Li, but if we're going to pick a female, I would prefer Ivy, or the less boobaged/bondaged Cassandra. Taki would be cool as well. For me, those three woman really define the series of Soul Calibur. Although I've only avidly played the second and third one. If I was going to go a male, Street Fighter is the series for me. Ryu would be the obvious choice, no other male characters would make sense. Chun-Li would be right behind him as one of the founding female characters in gaming. (I think her, Samus, and Lora Croft are a few of them)

pics for everyone who doesn't know them.

Voldo
Cassandra
Ivy
Taki

Sorry for the boobage, I can't help they were designed so. . . naughty like.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've never played a rayman game, though I am definitely thinking of picking up there new one.

The art style is just amazing

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ah, berserker, i've received the last info from star, and since you won't be getting it from him now(because he's leaving for the semester: Bye star!) i'll check up on it and send you the final draft.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I've never played a rayman game, though I am definitely thinking of picking up there new one.

The art style is just amazing
Well, I would suggest you play the first one that was on PSX, it's fantastic, too bad they only made one like this, basically it's 2D animated, once of went 3D it sucked.

:phone:

Nope. It was 3D and I liked the game.

Unlike most people, I was actually fine with the 3DS version too.

OmegaXXII

Ah, berserker, i've received the last info from star, and since you won't be getting it from him now(because he's leaving for the semester: Bye star!) i'll check up on it and send you the final draft.
When did Star say he was leaving? He only said be wouldn't he on as much since he has college, he still visits though. :/

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, i'll be maintaining C & S group while he's gone, but to some extent i have absolutely no idea what to do haha. The moveset's almost done though, just sending it around to a few people for previewing first.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Nope, the tower stage. Look at his blog, i think it's still there.

*EDITS* Checked, you need to go to 'read full thread' down the bottom and find his link to the stage called 'The endless tower'.

OmegaXXII

Ah, yes I see it now, nice stage concept, I like the tracks on there, they are peaceful yet, exciting.

So...Chrono or Slime+Chocobo moveset?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Would there really be a Slime and Chocobo? I mean I could see a Chocobo by itself but I dunno about putting it together with Slime since they're both from different games. I'd still like to see the moveset tho, cause I haven't played Dragon Quest.

Has anyone made a Megaman moveset yet btw? I'm thinking of posting some movesets I could come up with for other characters too (new and old).

OmegaXXII

Well HERE is a very good Megaman moveset.

Also check out Star's Slime moveset HERE

If you like RPG's I'd recommend you play Dragon Quest, personally, my favorite DQ game was Dragon Quest VIII, it's a very good game with nice music IMO.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I've been playing some NES fighting games recently and thought of some Retro Character ideas.

Urban Champion (Urban Champion)

With a remake on the 3DS and is consider to be the first true fighting game by Nintendo he has a lot potential. Even though all he can do it punch in the game they can make him a street brawler type (head butts, elbows, etc). They could even style him after Kimbo Slice or Tank Abbot.

Fighter Hayabusa (Pro Wrestling)

From Nintendo's first Pro Wrestling game. It's actually very complex fighting engine and has won many awards. Fighter here is the Japanese Wrestler done after real life wrestler Antonio Inoki. Using his Pro-wrestling and Catch Wrestling moves can offer a very unique fighting style.

OmegaXXII

Birdo is a cross dressing man, so no. I like him because he's a major Troll in Melee.
Haha, I laughed at this, he's definetlyna weird homo lol...

I assumed so because Birdo wears a ribbon, I'm not entirely sure about Poison lol..but she is amazing, even more now that she has been confirmed in Street Fighter x Tekken, oh yeah! :cool:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
D*mn that Megaman one is super descriptive. It definitely shows traditional Megaman. The Final Smash seems like its a bit too much tho, since you would only use them for uncompetitive matches and they're only used for like 30 seconds. But the moveset would definitely make him unique.
I'm not saying its bad, but I would rather see a more MvC kind of Megaman where he actually uses his limbs to attack haha I know I'm just being a fanboy and it's not as creative or original as Junahu's, but it would be more fun to use him in that type of style (which mine would be based off) rather than just run and shoot. If I wanted to just run and shoot then I'd play his game (or Modern Warfare 2 :troll: ) It would also make up for his absence in MvC3 :( but thats jus me crying about it
The weapon swap is a really good idea tho, but to keep it more Smash-esque it could be randomized (Peach, G&W, D3, Olimar) instead of a popup menu.

I'll try to have mine posted up by tomorrow or during the weekend. As for DQ, I'll try to steal it from my girlfriend one day :p

OmegaXXII

Haha, it will be worth swiping for. ;)

Well, to be honest, I'd rather see another kind of Megaman moveset, one that involves the weapon switcher that is traditional to it's games, I think from Megaman X, I believe.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ahh yeah, the time it takes for me to finish Chrono's moveset will be directly proportional to whether i have to do any more work on C & S. Omega the moveset i sent you is of C & S.

Y.Toonlink: Well, you should look at Starpheonix's essay, that should help you a bit. But the thing, is, one has absolutely no limbs(as in, he doesn't even have hand or feet, unlike Kirby), and one's a bird, and not a falco type of bird. Because of that it'd be kind of weird for just one of them to be in. Besides, they'd represent two different hugely successful square enix series and on top of that they are very well liked.

But all of that is kind of explained in star's essay, so i suggest you read it. He has it on his C & S page, but it's also on these forums, in the social group The strong team, under the discussion 'Buff!'

*EDITS* Ok guys i'm heading off to bed, any comments on whats above i'll respond to tomorrow. :)

Nightttttt!

D

Deleted member

For fighting characters I want to see in Smash, definitely Sukapon.

Ryu from Street Fighter would be good as well in the small chance Capcom gets a second slot. Chun-Li would be great as well.

I wish I could see Ryu too.

Phoenix Wright

Seriously. I mean all of his games are in the GBA, DS and 3DS

Can't wait to see how he plays in UMvC 3.

I'm rooting for him as the capcom rep (Asides from Mega Man of course). I'm betting someone will think that I think that Wright will be the capcom rep then he'll say "It will never happen". God, I hate it when that happens

OmegaXXII

For fighting characters I want to see in Smash, definitely Sukapon.

Ryu from Street Fighter would be good as well in the small chance Capcom gets a second slot. Chun-Li would be great as well.
Sukapon is a fighter??

Well as for REAL fighters I'd like to see either Ryu, Megaman or Phoenix Wright, I believe those 3 would have the highest chances for consideration as far as Capcom goes.

It's weird that Phoenix Wright does indeed have most of it's games on Nintendo platforms, yet he probably is the least considered Capcom rep next to Megaman and Ryu. :/

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Omega
Not a direct copy his moves but more melee oriented. The random weapon swap is what I can see happening tho because itd be more fitting to Smash and it would look less predictable

@Luco
Chocobo would be more like Yoshi, theyre practically the same lol
But Ill look at it later, Im gonna sleep pretty soon

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Got my eyes dilated yesterday so I couldn't see anything it's still a little cloudy now. For a retro rep I kind of want Muddy Mole or Takamaru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom