• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
You know, if by chance Paper Mario makes it in, I'll be fine with it... as long as they include the battle music when you fighting against the Koopa Bros. from the N64 game. Do that, and I'm good with Paper Mario's inclusion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Then what would the other players online see?
Generic background

This isn't a new concept. If you use a skin in WoW, it doesn't show the skin to other players because the skin only exists in your computer

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Generic background

This isn't a new concept. If you use a skin in WoW, it doesn't show the skin to other players because the skin only exists in your computer
I guess that could work. You would just have to make sure the background doesn't play a part in your online leve. So no Gigyas levels.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmmm, Army man, this is how i learnt it:

To put it simply, when you are doing a quick post, the third icon from the right up at the top of the box is a little world with a chain link (hence the name: A link to the rest of the world). In case you don't see it at first, it's right next to a small picture with a mountain and a sun(which, using the same technique, can be used to put in pictures). Click on the world-link icon, and a small message will come up asking you what site you want to link to. Preferably, you'll want to have copied the link to the page you want to link to up top before clicking the icon. Delete the http// thingy that comes up and paste the link, then select ok.

Once you have done that, you'll see the link come up, but you'll actually see it repeated, and the second one is in blue. Basically, you can choose to name your link by deleting the second URL(the one thats in blue so you can delete it easily) and typing in the name you wish to give it.

As for pictures, it's pretty much the same process, except you can't name the picture and when you first find the picture you should probably go to 'see full image' and copy THAT link because otherwise you'll get every other picture from the site it's on.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Generic background

A better example would have been Texture packs in Minecraft

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How would that work? I'm puzzled by how it would work.

:phone:
When you use a texture pack in minecraft it only effects the files on your computer.

So you can change the images in the game too look different. Each person is using a different texture pack and they can do so all at the same time while in multiplayer because it only affects local files

All the game would have to do is not upload your custom background online, the custom background would be in the local files. If they do something like this, you could have texture packs in smash that would not only effect backgrounds, but character skins and any other file as well.

DLC Texture packs for smash

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I just beat FE Gaiden and am back, what's the topic right now?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah, I like that idea, if Sakurai implements textures packs as you described or something similar to it then maybe I can see custom backgrounds and stuff working.

I'm just hoping we'll get classic stages and maybe even possible DLC characters as well, hopefully it will since Iwata did mention showing interest in DLC on it's own games, and what better game than Smash to do so.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want 64 stages in their horrible graphics glory

Specifically Saffron City

OmegaXXII

Don't you mean in High Definition glory!?? :laugh:

The stages I'd like to see from SBB64 (in HD) are:

•Saffron City
•Princess Peach's Skyward Castle
•Meta Stage
•Sector Z
•Hyrule Temple

Now those would be awesome to see once more but redone.

D

Deleted member

Saffron City should have been in Melee. Even though its unlikely, I'd like to have stages from all three games on SSB4. It would represent Nintendo's history better.

OmegaXXII

Oh, WarioWare, meh, why wouldn't it be banned from tourney play? It has alot of obstacle and stage hazards, it shouldn't even be counterpick at all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, WarioWare, meh, why wouldn't it be banned from tourney play? It has alot of obstacle and stage hazards, it shouldn't even be counterpick at all.

No, Pictochat. It's not banned which is what I think is weird

It's the one with drawings that appear and interact with the stage

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure the reason WW is banned is because it punishes/rewards you after the microgames with random status effects. Without that I don't see why it would be outright banned

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So..is it or is it not banned?, I'm not really into stage legality as I once was so I forgot.

Warioware - banned

Pictochat - Counterpick

It SHOULD be outright banned, at least I believe it should

OmegaXXII

Well, if you're talking about PictoChat then yes, it's kinda disturbing having a stage that constantly transitions while still avoid some of it's hazards, it dumb really, all the stages I like to play in are mostly simplistic ones like FD or Smashville, heck some like Norfair are good as well, but having way to many hazards when playing competatively is a no no, when it comes to casual then I don't mind as much.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If we're talking stages, I wouldn't mind having a large selection of cool, non-hazardous stages. Melee did a nice job of this. We had crazy stages, that you need to be careful at, but they didn't "kill" you via explosion. Of course we had peach's castle and that ***** Birdo, but I mean, gimmicks and hazards are a good touch for a few stages.

I secretly love Birdo.

OmegaXXII

Of course you love Birdo, she's another girl? :3

I liked the way Melee implemented and focused on making it's stages more competative and simplistic, the stages like FD, Kongo Jungle and Battlefield were among my favorite stages to always play in, even though I really like playing competatively alot, I still find stages like Brinstar and PokeFloats fun to play in, mostly because of scenery or transitioning involved.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Birdo is a cross dressing man, so no. I like him because he's a major Troll in Melee.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So Shortie, how do you feel about Poison?
I Poison actually a trans? Or, is that just an on going joke? Either way, she's attractive. I've never played final fight though. I would prefer to see Elena, or maybe a street Fighter EX character over her. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Tekken bringing in Ivy to rival Poison. I would basically have a fangasm. I'm playing through SCII right now. Super into it.

On-Topic: What fighting game character would you like to see in SSB?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I Poison actually a trans? Or, is that just an on going joke? Either way, she's attractive. I've never played final fight though. I would prefer to see Elena, or maybe a street Fighter EX character over her. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Tekken bringing in Ivy to rival Poison. I would basically have a fangasm. I'm playing through SCII right now. Super into it.

On-Topic: What fighting game character would you like to see in SSB?
In the original game, Poison was going to be a woman

When they released it in America, Capcom felt that Americans wouldn't buy a game where you beat up women (Or they'd get some kind of lawsuit) so they changed Poison to a ******

Japan liked the idea, but didn't want poison to be a full ******

In America, it's a ******. In Japan, it's a guy wearing skimpy clothing and a boob job

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I like the zany stages for when I'm playing casually. The more random, the better, in my opinion. Makes it more fun to play with friends, as long as nobody takes it seriously. Otherwise, it's absolutely no fun no matter what you do.

Competitive, it's always FD or Battlefield for me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Poison's gender will likely remain ambiguous as they seem to say different things and nowadays just dodge it, but I think she's a woman. Look at her body in any of the games. That figure is WAY too curvy to be a transexual, even with hormonal therapy.

For FG characters in Smash, aside from the blatantly obvious Ryu, I'd love to have Chun-Li in Smash. IMO, she'd be a great fit if she was made more rushdown oriented like in the vs. games, but I can see her retaining her signature spacing game, making her a potential rival for Marth in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom