• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wut? Why do you want Sasuke? I will admit he is cool and all but he just doesn't have a chance because he's an anime character, he's 4th party material that Sakurai just doesn't show interest or even cares about. <_<

:phone:

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
Wut? Why do you want Sasuke? I will admit he is cool and all but he just doesn't have a chance because he's an anime character, he's 4th party material that Sakurai just doesn't show interest or even cares about. <_<

NO!! bEcause sakurai Might Change HiS mind, besides, he beTter than KenPachi. :troll:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord

So I'm having trouble coming up with a Starfy icon... these are what I've come up with so far.

Bubbles and Clamshells....

I feel like the first 4 are more characteristic of SSB symbols, being rather straightforward or symmetrical, while the last one is the most understandable or clear, but is more dynamic in terms of implied 3-dimensionality.
Oh God!!

Hex Incredible! You know very well work with the outstanding symbols of the series! Congratulations! I love these symbols!

Oh, Good Day!

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Kenpachi!? Sasuke?!

Where has the your sense of reality?? Sorry if I seemed a little bad, but you guys forced me ... :mad:

@Omega: Do you have any idea of ​​retro character in your mind??

OmegaXXII

Oh God!!

Hex Incredible! You know very well work with the outstanding symbols of the series! Congratulations! I love these symbols!

Oh, Good Day!
Yea, I really liked those symbols, even Star made some as well relating to Sin & Punishment, it's great stuff there. :bee:

OmegaXXII

Good question Poke, well to be honest, I'm actually rooting for Lip as well, I believe she has a decent chance according to Young Horsetail, Starfy seems to be another wanted character as well, even if he isn't a retro character, as for the others, I really don't see Sherriff getting in since I hardly hear any request towards him, I'd say Takamaru and Lip have the best chances going for them, Dog Hunt Dog? Maybe.

I would love to see Wart though, but he's very unlikely. :(

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
Kenpachi!? Sasuke?!

Where has the your sense of reality?? Sorry if I seemed a little bad, but you guys forced me ... :mad:

@Omega: Do you have any idea of ​​retro character in your mind??
reaAlity? boy, da only one who IsN't reAlistic is KenpAchi, nor Waluigi, theY both sUck along with ToaD. :troll:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Good question Poke, well to be honest, I'm actually rooting for Lip as well, I believe she has a decent chance according to Young Horsetail, Starfy seems to be another wanted character as well, even if he isn't a retro character, as for the others, I really don't see Sherriff getting in since I hardly hear any request towards him, I'd say Takamaru and Lip have the best chances going for them, Dog Hunt Dog? Maybe.

I would love to see Wart though, but he's very unlikely. :(
I am very fan of series like Bonk and Caveman Ninja, but since the split from Rare with nintendo, these series have become very unlikely ... I like Blues Brothers, which was a series of great success, so I root for them ... Takamaru do not really like, but I have to admit that would be a great character, and Lip, I know nothing about it, except to the appearance of Captain Rainbow and smash item.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
reaAlity? boy, da only one who IsN't reAlistic is KenpAchi, nor Waluigi, theY both sUck along with ToaD. :troll:
What????

Breathe ... stay calm ....

Waluigi and 1,000,000 x more likely if we compare with a character from manga / anime that had their games, although not a protagonist, besides being a third party !!!!! Toad is 5,000,000 x :troll:

You're a mad man??:awesome:

OmegaXXII

The Blues brothers? I've heard of them but I'm unfamiliar with them.

Okay, if you are curious, these are my retro picks that are probably likely to appear:

•Takamaru
•King Wart
•Lip
•Dog Hunt Dog
•Sukapon (unlikely)

Well from that list I would prefer Lip over any of the other characters, Sukapon really has a slim chance due to Sakurai shooting his inclusion in Melee just like he did with Balloon Fighter and Mach Rider as well, King Wart should make an awesome revival comeback since he's been forgotten, too bad he isn't requested or demanded, and has probably been forgotten by Nintendo.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
The Blues brothers? I've heard of them but I'm unfamiliar with them.

Okay, if you are curious, these are my retro picks that are probably likely to appear:

•Takamaru
•King Wart
•Lip
•Dog Hunt Dog
•Sukapon (unlikely)

Well from that list I would prefer Lip over any of the other characters, Sukapon really has a slim chance due to Sakurai shooting his inclusion in Melee just like he did with Balloon Fighter and Mach Rider as well, King Wart should make an awesome revival comeback since he's been forgotten, too bad he isn't requested or demanded, and has probably been forgotten by Nintendo.

Incredible list, but it has a problem ...
King Wart is of Mario, am I right??

OmegaXXII

Incredible list, but it has a problem ...
King Wart is of Mario, am I right??
Yes he's this guy:

He was the final boss and main antagonist of SMB2, he indeed is a Mario rep, but like I said he is very unlikely due to him being from that series, not to mention Toad, Bowser Jr. and possibly Paper Mario have higher chances as well.

Waluigi might end up representing Wario's world, that way he gets in without hurting their chances as well. ;)

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
What????

Breathe ... stay calm ....

Waluigi and 1,000,000 x more likely if we compare with a character from manga / anime that had their games, although not a protagonist, besides being a third party !!!!! Toad is 5,000,000 x

You're a mad man??:awesome:
nopE! waluIgi DOesN't have a MoveSet at all, he's a spin Character, and toAd is just a runnIng cryBaby who is alreAdy peach's mOve, so there! :p

OmegaXXII

Urg.. are you serious, the Toad moveset arguement? It's pointless to assume that just because he was part of a moveset, look at Charizard for example, he was part of an item before and then what happened? That's right, Sakurai made him playable in Brawl, regardless if he was part of an item, same can apply to Toad.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
Urg.. are you serious, the Toad moveset arguement? It's pointless to assume that just because he was part of a moveset, look at Charizard for example, he was part of an item before and then what happened? That's right, Sakurai made him playable in Brawl, regardless if he was part of an item, same can apply to Toad.

lolol..U mad?? :awesome:

who Cares who gEt in, bowSer jr. will Beat both Toad & wAluigi. :awesome::troll:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
nopE! waluIgi DOesN't have a MoveSet at all, he's a spin Character, and toAd is just a runnIng cryBaby who is alreAdy peach's mOve, so there! :p
Waluigi has no moveset??
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13074950&postcount=16968

And this argument is the character of spins failed, Smash Bros. is a game spin ...

Toad? How many toads in the world?? Here a toad, a toad there ... will not make a difference if it is a movement and a character, dual input, even better ... :p

OmegaXXII

lolol..U mad?? :awesome:

who Cares who gEt in, bowSer jr. will Beat both Toad & wAluigi. :awesome::troll:
Well, I will admit I want Bowser Jr. as well, but let's not forget that both Toad and P.Mario also have a shot at it, I will say that Bowser Jr. does have the highest probability next to Toad as far as Mario reps are concerned.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If you played the Mario games, you'd know that there is more than one Toad, so they could just make Peach's Toad blue and keep the playable Toad his standard red. And Waluigi not being able to get in because he's a spin-off character or that he has "no moveset potential" (which isn't true at all) are not valid arguments.

OmegaXXII

I guess he hasn't lol...

Both Waluigi and Toad have potential to be unique indeed as well as playable, moveset arguements are invalid.

OmegaXXII

Nah, Toad has more priority than Bowser Jr.

How so? I am indeed aware that Sakurai acknowledges Toad as a character, but whose to say he won't give Bowser Jr. consideration before Toad? After all you have to think, he is more prominent and is just as relevant as Toad if you ask me, I believe there chances are equal, if not Bowser Jr. with a slight lead.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
whY you like walUigi? he looks likE a trOol! :p

bowSer jr. will bEat toad. :troll:
Waluigi is not very charismatic, I have to admit, but it has huge potential and a huge base of fans, he appeared as AT, and it doubled its chansces ... And if we compare, Waluigi is the third most likely representative of Mario, look:

Toad is the top, it has important roles in all the mario games.
Bowser Jr. is the vice, he has few roles, but these are very important.
Waluigi is the bronze, because he has many roles (more until Jr) but not nearly as important.

Paper Mario can represent your own series ...

And if we consider, Waluigi can represent Wario, for he had quotes in almost every game of Wario, exept one. Making it more likely the representative wario.

I'm off for now!

OmegaXXII

Way to go, Poke!!

I agree with some stuff there, P.Mario should represent his own series, that way he wouldn't interfere with Toad or Bowser Jr.'s chances at all.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
How so? I am indeed aware that Sakurai acknowledges Toad as a character, but whose to say he won't give Bowser Jr. consideration before Toad? After all you have to think, he is more prominent and is just as relevant as Toad if you ask me, I believe there chances are equal, if not Bowser Jr. with a slight lead.

I think Bowser Jr. has a strong chance, being such a recurrent and popular character in the newer games, but I'm just not sure if recent relevance is enough to push him over Toad. I mean, Toad is, what, a veteran of the Mario series? Not only that, Toad's been requested since Melee to get into Smash. I dunno, really, I do recognize though that these 2 are most likely candidates for a 5th Mario rep.

OmegaXXII

I think Bowser Jr. has a strong chance, being such a recurrent and popular character in the newer games, but I'm just not sure if recent relevance is enough to push him over Toad. I mean, Toad is, what, a veteran of the Mario series? Not only that, Toad's been requested since Melee to get into Smash. I dunno, really, I do recognize though that these 2 are most likely candidates for a 5th Mario rep.

Well, seeing that they are both popular I'd say both of them are very likely to appear, the difference though is that Sakurai's bias might get in the way of Toad, seeing as him always being Peach's neutral move, I'm kinda of worried that Sakurai may not want to do so, even if that "Toad" isn't "the Toad".

I believe popularity will play a good role when it comes to those two, if Toad seems to be more requested then I can probably see him as likely more than Bowser Jr., but again, even with popularity Sakurai might be reluctant to include him based on his personal bias, personally, I hope that doesn't happen.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, seeing that they are both popular I'd say both of them are very likely to appear, the difference though is that Sakurai's bias might get in the way of Toad, seeing as him always being Peach's neutral move, I'm kinda of worried that Sakurai may not want to do so, even if that "Toad" isn't "the Toad".

I believe popularity will play a good role when it comes to those two, if Toad seems to be more requested then I can probably see him as likely more than Bowser Jr., but again, even with popularity Sakurai might be reluctant to include him based on his personal bias, personally, I hope that doesn't happen.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Honestly, though, I don't care which of the two get in as long as Paper Mario gets in alongside them lol. :)

OmegaXXII

Yea, same here, although I do prefer Bowser Jr.

As for P. Mario, I'm hoping he'll either get in or to make him part of his own franchise, after all, I feel be shouldn't get in the way if Mario Franchise reps such as Toad & Bowser Jr. He definetly would be unique enough and could have his own stage similar to it's games, man that would be awesome.

Mr.L costume anyone?? :cool:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yea, same here, although I do prefer Bowser Jr.

As for P. Mario, I'm hoping he'll either get in or to make him part of his own franchise, after all, I feel be shouldn't get in the way if Mario Franchise reps such as Toad & Bowser Jr. He definetly would be unique enough and could have his own stage similar to it's games, man that would be awesome.

Mr.L costume anyone?? :cool:

Mr. L from Super Paper Mario? MAN, that would be awesome! And, fitting, too, since Mr. L as an alt would reflect the parallels in personality between the two.

As for Paper Mario, if he gets in (which he probably will), I think he'll definitely rep his own series, he recognized that Yoshi, DK and Wario had their own game series, and Paper Mario hasn't even been in any of the sports games and whatnot like the former 3 have.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

So I'm having trouble coming up with a Starfy icon... these are what I've come up with so far.

Bubbles and Clamshells....

I feel like the first 4 are more characteristic of SSB symbols, being rather straightforward or symmetrical, while the last one is the most understandable or clear, but is more dynamic in terms of implied 3-dimensionality.
It's quite hard for me to think of a Starfy-icon too, even though I play the games a lot.

But I suggest that astar-filled pearl from the series should be the icon: the pearls are quite prominent yet unique elements in Starfy-series (mostly acting as coins to buy more treasure)

Why don't ya try to make an icon from that Hex? (-lvl-)
Another suggestion would be the Star Coin from the Stafy 4, the head being on front (which has a star on the center, see the trailer here. Try to catch it when Starfy's spinning the coin in that video-)

I thought of something like angled star having whirls around it, but I thought it was too similar to Kirby-series. (-l-l-);

BTW, I tried my best to find all the icons submitted here: haven't yet seen all of em, but I love Punch-Out-one so far. (-lwl-)

For Panel De Pon's icon, we could easily go with this:

OmegaXXII

Mr. L from Super Paper Mario? MAN, that would be awesome! And, fitting, too, since Mr. L as an alt would reflect the parallels in personality between the two.

As for Paper Mario, if he gets in (which he probably will), I think he'll definitely rep his own series, he recognized that Yoshi, DK and Wario had their own game series, and Paper Mario hasn't even been in any of the sports games and whatnot like the former 3 have.

Exactly! Not to mention be also has an upcoming 3DS title which significantly helps his chances to be considered by Sakurai, I'm hoping he'll represent his own game by himself, he is capable of doing so, besides he wouldn't fit with the others seeing as P.Mario looks way different, I.E. his paper mode, it wouldn't make alot of sense doing so, though I wouldnt mind either way, just so long as he get in.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
It's quite hard for me to think of a Starfy-icon too, even though I play the games a lot.

But I suggest that astar-filled pearl from the series should be the icon: the pearls are quite prominent yet unique elements in Starfy-series (mostly acting as coins to buy more treasure)

Why don't ya try to make an icon from that Hex? (-lvl-)
Another suggestion would be the Star Coin from the Stafy 4, the head being on front (which has a star on the center, see the trailer here. Try to catch it when Starfy's spinning the coin in that video-)

I thought of something like angled star having whirls around it, but I thought it was too similar to Kirby-series. (-l-l-);

BTW, I tried my best to find all the icons submitted here: haven't yet seen all of em, but I love Punch-Out-one so far. (-lwl-)

For Panel De Pon's icon, we could easily go with this:

A pearl was actually the first thing I thought of, but I was desperately trying to avoid anything with a star, since Kirby's is a star. And I also felt that pearls were bit too commonplace, comparable to coins in Mario or Rupees/Hearts in Zelda.

The clamshell is the savepoint, and it also says "ocean" to me.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
A pearl was actually the first thing I thought of, but I was desperately trying to avoid anything with a star, since Kirby's is a star. And I also felt that pearls were bit too commonplace, comparable to coins in Mario or Rupees/Hearts in Zelda.

The clamshell is the savepoint, and it also says "ocean" to me.
Maybe you're right.

I then pick the third one. It looks very simple yet is fitting and truly familiar for Starfy-fans, so it more makes it a good icon. (-^^-)

Though I still wonder could have something to work on it.While I like the clamshell, I it could use something related more at Starfy-series' theme. A cloud under that clamshell, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom