• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah, but you're Mister "Don't Disregard All Possibilities." From what we know, we've been TOLD by SAKURAI HIMSELF to not expect Sukapon. His reasons are sound enough and have no reason to change at this point. Why should we consider the possibility of him changing his mind? :awesome:
Then my question to you is, why do you root for him knowing he doesn't stand a chance?? Yea.....

:phone:

D

Deleted member

That would give me the creeps yo!! Not cool at all. O:

So, what does the community think of Sukapon's chances in SSB4? I'm am puzzled as to why a few of you request Sukapon.

Not impossible, but unfortunately, is probably never going to be playable. Which is a shame because he's my preferred choice for a retro rep.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For now as a retro choice I'd perfer Takamaru, but that's just me.

Sukapon would be cool, but his chances are not so good. Although hopefully in a few months I may have enough to import his game, it costs $100+. :p

OmegaXXII

Not impossible, but unfortunately, is probably never going to be playable. Which is a shame because he's my preferred choice for a retro rep.
That's quite ironic, this whole time I thought you were supporting Takamaru, he seems more probable yes??

As for retros, I'd like to see King Wart, too bad he's very, very unlikely. :(

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I seem to remember the idea from the Brawl days that Sukapon and Takamaru were competing with one another for playable status.

Kind of funny that now many people consider Takamaru so likely.

Poor Sukapon. Maybe when texture hacks start up for Sm4sh, I can put that symbol Hex made on Takamaru's back. :3

D

Deleted member

That's quite ironic, this whole time I thought you were supporting Takamaru, he seems more probable yes??

As for retros, I'd like to see King Wart, too bad he's very, very unlikely. :(

To be quite honest, I support five retro's as a playable character: Sukapon, Takamaru, Lip, Duck Hunt Dog, and Sheriff in that order. If one of them got in, I would be happy with the retro selection, more so if two or more got in. My preference goes towards Sukapon since I think he would be the most unique and represent the fighting genre. If not for Sakurai dismissing Sukapon, I would be rooting for his inclusion heavily.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I seem to remember the idea from the Brawl days that Sukapon and Takamaru were competing with one another for playable status.

Kind of funny that now many people consider Takamaru so likely.

Poor Sukapon. Maybe when texture hacks start up for Sm4sh, I can put that symbol Hex made on Takamaru's back. :3
Many people considered Takamaru likely in Brawl as well. Just want to point that out.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Question: Is the Dog even requested/popular in Japan?

OmegaXXII

@Omega
How about KOS-MOS? She'd be unique in Smash, don't you think?
Actually, I always wanted KOS-MOS, heck alot of people were rooting for her during the Brawl Hype, she is definetly a cool android character, she would be unique her given abilities, I believe though the monolithsoft is owned by Nintendo now, but even so I believe she is unlikely unless a new game were to be represented, in this case it would probably be Shulk or Elza from The Last Story or XenoBlade instead, my view if it at least.

D

Deleted member

Question: Is the Dog even requested/popular in Japan?
From the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be the case. The only "retro" character so far with a decent amount of mention is Takamaru.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I always wanted KOS-MOS, heck alot of people were rooting for her during the Brawl Hype, she is definetly a cool android character, she would be unique her given abilities, I believe though the monolithsoft is owned by Nintendo now, but even so I believe she is unlikely unless a new game were to be represented, in this case it would probably be Shulk or Elza from The Last Story or XenoBlade instead, my view if it at least.
I actually posted on Sakurai's Twitter that he should consider KOS-MOS...

OmegaXXII

Good quation Poke, well to be honest, I'm actually rooting for Lip as well, I believe she has a decent chance according to Young Horsetail, Starfy seems to be another wanted character as well, even if he isn't a retro character, as for the others, I really don't see Sherriff getting in since I hardly hear any request towards him, I'd say Takamaru and Lip have the best chances going for them, Dog Hunt Dog? Maybe.

I would love to see Wart though, but he's very unlikely. :(

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Looks like a rupee... My only change would be to make it slanted to the right, rather than straight. Otherwise, the stress is too vertical, which isn't good.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I was actually suggesting you rotate it 45º to the right. You barely nudged it. XP

I always equate "FF" to Final Fantasy, but I'm not sure how it's that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom