• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that I can understand XD.

However, I think that Waluigi has a better chance than Toad or Paper Mario. I'm kinda biased against Toad since he's already Peach's B regular. Paper Mario could be interesting, but I haven't given too much thought to him. Bowser Jr.'s still way more likely than Waluigi in my book however.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
So upon observation, it seems like the most prominent element of JMF is the fact that every robot is made of 5 floating parts.

I imagine if Skapon were in, his symbol would be something like this:

It represents the fundamental form factor of every robot in the game, and most specifically Skapon, who is the embodiment of that basic form factor.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
It's ugly. :troll:

:phone:
Yeah well, imagine your girlfriend buys a skapon plushie set (which is 5 separate parts) and then arranges them on a set of pillows on top of your bed to be in a sitting position. Then you get home and you see this adorable little pink robot plushie staring at you in all of its disjointedness.

XP

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hex, you're a genius. I must inform my girlfriend that some how, some way our couch will have Sukapon throw pillows.

@Opelucid: That's SPACE BLOOD.

@Toad: Toad smells and shouldn't be playable.

@Omega: The only thing ugly is your heart.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah well, imagine your girlfriend buys a skapon plushie set (which is 5 separate parts) and then arranges them on a set of pillows on top of your bed to be in a sitting position. Then you get home and you see this adorable little pink robot plushie staring at you in all of its disjointedness.

XP
That would give me the creeps yo!! Not cool at all. O:

So, what does the community think of Sukapon's chances in SSB4? I'm am puzzled as to why a few of you request Sukapon.

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
Well considering I'd never heard of him/her until today, I think it'd be a great character to use. Unique looking, from an obscure game that could get attention thanks to Smash, it's a recipe for awesome!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That would give me the creeps yo!! Not cool at all. O:

So, what does the community think of Sukapon's chances in SSB4? I'm am puzzled as to why a few of you request Sukapon.
Sukapon won't happen.

He's been shot down by Sakurai. Joy Mech Fight is just too obscure and will likely never be revived.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
He's fair game. I've never played any game that he was in, but if the fans want him, they should try.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Okay, seems my question has been answered, well I guess I was giving Sukapon more credit than what he really has, it would be a nice unique character I imagine, maybe Starman from Earthbound lol..?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
@ Oasis: When did Sakurai shoot him down?
He was apparently considered a character for melee.

Basically for some random reason, Sakurai decided during production it wasn't going to happen and most likely won't.

Something...happened during Melee that changed Sakurai and Sukapon forever

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@ Oasis: When did Sakurai shoot him down?
During Melee's development. Sukapon was actually planned for Melee, but Sakurai decided against him at some point. He said "don't expect him in future games." I tried to find his reasoning for that, and I came up with what I said earlier. Just one game, only in Japan, will probably never see revival, much less ever see a worldwide release.

It was pretty interesting that he also mentioned Fire Emblem. That was something he could see released worldwide. I guess that's why we got Marth and Roy in Melee. AMONG OTHER REASONS.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The reason I heard was because of him having an odd hitbox

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
..and who says he might not bring him back?? Whose to say Sakurai won't change his mind??
Yeah, but you're Mister "Don't Disregard All Possibilities." From what we know, we've been TOLD by SAKURAI HIMSELF to not expect Sukapon. His reasons are sound enough and have no reason to change at this point. Why should we consider the possibility of him changing his mind? :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom