• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Like Samus? Not at all, I think it'd turn out more like the Super Scope item where you can walk with it as well.

Either way, this is from my 1st draft, so it's not done quite yet.
What? While charging the shot? Meh.. You can't really move with the Super Scope while charging it, it works like Samus move. <_<

:phone:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
omega... did you read what i put for the Mega Buster?
Neutral B: Mega(or X) Buster. standard 3 pellet shots on screen, intermediate charge shot, full charge shot. can charge while in motion, cannot keep charge saved (samus can).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, I'm debating on Bulbagarden and someone is actually against K. Rool and Ridley.0_0

I'm trying to have them see the light...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What? While charging the shot? Meh.. You can't really move with the Super Scope while charging it, it works like Samus move. <_<

Like I said, first draft. lol

Good point though, I may nerf it by making more like Samus's, either way I may need to look back at MM 8 where you could use the Buster at the same time as using a RM weapon.

I'm fine with weapon switching, just as long as it stays away from how it worked in MvC with Eddie.

If was hard to do in that game, can you imagen what would happen in Smash?

OmegaXXII

Neutral B: Mega(or X) Buster. standard 3 pellet shots on screen, intermediate charge shot, full charge shot. can charge while in motion, cannot keep charge saved (like samus).
I like this idea better, it would enable X to charge while still being able to move, unlike Samus, I'm guessing you'll have to hold the B button even if it's fully charged am I right?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
right! in the games, even if you're hurt, and you are holding the b button down, you can still utilize the full charge. however, would you people like it if megaman has this little feature?

OmegaXXII

right! in the games, even if you're hurt, and you are holding the b button down, you can still utilize the full charge. however, would you people like it if megaman has this little feature?
Meh..I'm fine with it I guess, just as long as it isn't similar to Samus's move by any means, we want people saying, "oMGz X is a SaMus clone"

I'm looking at you Lord Hokage!!

Is there any other move that would be as interesting but still stands as a smash bros. kinda move?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Neutral B: Mega(or X) Buster. standard 3 pellet shots on screen, intermediate charge shot, full charge shot. can charge while in motion, cannot keep charge saved (like samus).
I just saw this, good point.

This is what I was trying to do with his buster. Thanks for clearing things up. lol ;)

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Classic is small... X is zero's size, get creative when making punch kick combos.
Who says we can't up Rock's size? I mean Ridely would be down sized and I'm pretty sure Pikachu isn't that big

MM never really punches or kicks, which is why I'm stealing some from MvC. I'm also trying to choose the ones that I think would link up nice for combos and gtfo attacks

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno has been in a Mario game that Square had no involvement in. Sure they put (c) Square at the end but Square didn't make any of the game.

If he gets in, he'd be a Mario rep. He may be owned by Square, but he's been in a game square didn't make, and has never been in a non mario game

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Like I said, first draft. lol

Good point though, I may nerf it by making more like Samus's, either way I may need to look back at MM 8 where you could use the Buster at the same time as using a RM weapon.

I'm fine with weapon switching, just as long as it stays away from how it worked in MvC with Eddie.

If was hard to do in that game, can you imagen what would happen in Smash?
Just let it charge like in the game but don't make it as powerful as samus

OmegaXXII

Who says we can't up Rock's size? I mean Ridely would be down sized and I'm pretty sure Pikachu isn't that big

MM never really punches or kicks, which is why I'm stealing some from MvC. I'm also trying to choose the ones that I think would link up nice for combos and gtfo attacks
Yeah, just try not not overdo it with MvC2 moves, remember you also have to have X or classic specific moves as well.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just let it charge like in the game but don't make it as powerful as samus
I'm still mixed on ideas, although I did like how augustoflores put it.

But either way, I doubt his charge shot would be as strong as Samus's due to having the ability to move and having a better fire rate.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
@ y.toonlink... do what you want.
@omega... unless you use other means, megaman has a limited selection. there are those that use the variable weapons system in place of every B direction. i despise this method as they have pretty much limited Megaman to three random moves from past games.
there are those that use Rush Coil, Beat, Rush Jet, err... eddie... im not gonna get into it.

i seem to be the only one who wants to use the Character selection screen as a way to choose the weapons based off the characters in Smash 4.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Every site dedicated to a game that has a character in smash makes huge threads about smash

Especially "Big" sites like Starman and Serebii

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Needless to say it was an...odd...arguement against K. Rool.

OmegaXXII

@ y.toonlink... do what you want.
@omega... unless you use other means, megaman has a limited selection. there are those that use the variable weapons system in place of every B direction. i despise this method as they have pretty much limited Megaman to three random moves from past games.
there are those that use Rush Coil, Beat, Rush Jet, err... eddie... im not gonna get into it.
B
i seem to be the only one who wants to use the Character selection screen as a way to choose the weapons based off the characters in Smash 4.
Well, a weapon selection on the character select screen? Oh you mean like how Soul Calibur does it in quest mode? Hmm..interesting.

As for Megaman's moves I'd say use a variation from all his games including MvC2 don't you think? More variation would mean less chance of getting a specific game move.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, a weapon selection on the character select screen? Oh you mean like how Soul Calibur does it in quest mode? Hmm..interesting.

As for Megaman's moves I'd say use a variation from all his games including MvC2 don't you think? More variation would mean less chance of getting a specific game move.
Meh, for MM's moveset, screw punches and kicks (except for the Mega Punch and close combat RM weapons).

Just make MM's entire moveset out of RM weapons, he has the capability and it would be much closer to his orginal design then how MvC handled him.

There are 18 main games in the Classic series to choose moves from so it shouldn't that hard to make an orignal moveset.

Example:

Rapid A - Quick Boomerang (MM2)

Although just like Soul Calibur for weapon switching, that would be interesting to have, but I doubt it would happen...

OmegaXXII

You mean his smashes would also consist of a weapon of sorts? Or some kind of sword or gadget?

Wouldn't he be a bit overpowered if he had that for all his attacks? I'd say just his specials and maybe his forward A, tbe rst can be a punch or kick if he does those in his games, I dunno.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You mean his smashes would also consist of a weapon of sorts? Or some kind of sword or gadget?

Yep, while I was hoping to post the rest of my moveset later, here's what I came up with, please just remember before flaming, it's only a 1st draft; so I still have to add damage, knockback and lag.

Mega Man

Notes:
Light/Medium Weight
Both his Walking and Running speeds are average
Is a Fast Faller and has average Air Speed (just like in his games)

Pros:
Able to rack up damage easily
Great special and Smashes
Thunder Wool makes for a great edge guarding
Great Recovery
Great ground game

Cons:
Lack of killing moves
Light weight
Poor aerial game
Fast faller means he can be chain grabbed and easily edge guarded by opponents

Specials:

Neutral - Mega Buster - Chargeable and can launch 3 uncharged shots at a time (think Super Scope item),

Side - Thunder Wool (MM10) - launches at an angle a Thunder Cloud that after 3-5 seconds produces a lightning bolt (Thunder!), great for edge guarding and setups,

Up - Rush Jet (MM3) - Rush appears underneath MM in Jet form, allows MM to fly for about 3-4, can attack but only with uncharged buster shots, when done puts MM into a helpless state, can jump/shield out of, balances poor aerial game,

Down - Copy Vision (MM&B) - creates a stationary hologram turret for 2-3 seconds, shoots non-flinching buster shots in 1 direction, hologram itself doesn't harm opponent, only 1 hologram at a time,

Final - Support Robots (MM5-6,MM7,MMV)- Summons Beat, Tango, and Rush all at once for 12-15 seconds, Beat and Tango hunt down opponents, while MM gains the Super Adaptor, 2nd Jump becomes a jet pack, Charged Buster shots become homing fists,

Tilts:

Neutral/Jab - Quick Boomerang (MM2)

Forward - Slash Claw (MM7)

Up - Pharaoh Shot (MM4)

Down - Slide - moves MM forward,

Dash - Charge Kick (MM5) - moves MM forward

Aerials:

Neutral - Thunder Claw (MM8) - pulls MM slightly forward

Forward - Electric Shock (MMV) - has less range then MMV version

Up - Top Spin (MM3) - think Mario Tornado

Down - Sakugarne (MMII GB) - works like Link's D-Aerial but has less knockback,

Back - Flame Sword (MM8)

Smashes:

Forward - Hard Knuckle (MM3) - launches a fist forward, very laggy, can be slightly angled, high knockback, less range then MM3 version

Up - Mega Punch (MM:the Power Fighters/MvC) (Shoryuken!)

Down - Wild Coil (MM7) - launches 2 bouncing springs forward/back, when charged they also bounce higher, less range then MM7 version

Throws:

Pummel - shoots uncharged buster shots

Forward - Super Arm (MM1)

Up - Gravity Hold (MM5) - does no damage, great launcher,

Down - Water Shield (MM10) - produces WS, opponent is hit by all 8 water droplets,

Back - Super Arm (MM1)

Other Moves:

Wall Jumping (MvC, MMX and beyond series)

Taunts:

1. Removes Helmet
2. MvC Taunt
3. Powers down into Rock for a second

Costumes:

Green - Quint MM2 GB
Red/Gray - Rush/Proto Man
Black/Orange - Bass
Blue/Yellow - Bad Box Art Style
Blue/Orange/White - Model A (There was a 8bit style minigame in MMZXA)

I made his moveset entirely of Robot Master weapons.
I also avoided his MvC moveset as much as possible, it sucked, I hate you Hyper MM!
Since there are a lot of weapons in this moveset here is a link to a list of RM weapons: http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Special_Weapons_in_the_classic_series

OmegaXXII

I like the moveset there, I just find it a little difficult that he would have a bunch of gadgets as far as standard moves go, I'm not saying he can't have any, it think Megaman can do some punching on his own as well, this is Smash Bros. y'know.

Also, how would his B down work in terns of that hollowgram? Don't you thing he should have something more "movable" meaning he would rely on enemies to always be within range? What if an opponent were really far? I would find such a move useless.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mega Man has a long history with many (sub?) series, so bringing out many weapons from a few of them as even just regular moves would be awesome-assuming they aren't broken, of course.

Also, I HAZZZ returneded! (school johns; do work son!) Any new news/things about future smash bros. games I need to know about?

OmegaXXII

Heyya, JohnKnight, what do you think of a weapon switcher for a Megaman move?

What about a copy ability? Do you like it? I don't, I despise such a move because it wouldn't be original he he copied other characters moves, unless be copied from his own games enemies that is.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I like the moveset there, I just find it a little difficult that he would have a bunch of gadgets as far as standard moves go, I'm not saying he can't have any, it think Megaman can do some punching on his own as well, this is Smash Bros. y'know.

Also, how would his B down work in terns of that hollowgram? Don't you thing he should have something more "movable" meaning he would rely on enemies to always be within range? What if an opponent were really far? I would find such a move useless.

Well technically a few of the moves are punches and kicks, but whatever, still working on it. lol

As for the Copy Vision, I may change it. I just added it so he would have a very unique special move.

And to tell the truth, it would work just like his game, so it would be similar to summoning a AT version of Fox who does his N-Special on rapid fire, so it would be good for easy damage rack up, while balancing MM out by limiting his kill moves.

Hopefully this my help answer any more questions on it:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Heyya, JohnKnight, what do you think of a weapon switcher for a Megaman move?

What about a copy ability? Do you like it? I don't, I despise such a move because it wouldn't be original he he copied other characters moves, unless be copied from his own games enemies that is.
I like the idea of the weapon switcher... although I'm not sure how it would work. I really only payed attention to the basic weapon moves --- posted about, and it could definitely work. That is assuming it doesn't give Mega Man the range of a friggen basketball team like Snake had with his kicks, lol.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind if he copied other characters moves. (uB's? fB's? I actually think Kirby shood at least be able to choose between choosing a character's nB and fB, because Boomerang > Gale Boomerang)

However, stealing moves that end up being weapons from the classic Mega Man games (most of them from the first 3 original classic Mega Man games, though) would be best, possibly multiple per character. That would be the best, hands down.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think the power switching move could be executed well, I don't think he should use the copy ability though. That's a bit overboard for me. Megaman bores me, probably because he's one of the few characters I know that our moveset guesses would be dead on about. He just doesn't excite me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think the power switching move could be executed well, I don't think he should use the copy ability though. That's a bit overboard for me. Megaman bores me, probably because he's one of the few characters I know that our moveset guesses would be dead on about. He just doesn't excite me.
I agree with this, although concidering we're debating how his moveset would work, I wouldn't call it dead on or boring. :p

I'm neutral on weapon switching, but it would all depend on which of his MANY weapons that would be used and which would work well in Smash.

OmegaXXII

Well technically a few of the moves are punches and kicks, but whatever, still working on it. lol

As for the Copy Vision, I may change it. I just added it so he would have a very unique special move.

And to tell the truth, it would work just like his game, so it would be similar to summoning a AT version of Fox who does his N-Special on rapid fire, so it would be good for easy damage rack up, while balancing MM out by limiting his kill moves.

Hopefully this my help answer any more questions on it:
Well, it's not bad, I just rather see something more unique rthat he utilizes himself rather than having to depend on somethin external for damage.

That's just me though, but hea if you gave him a couple of standards attacks it would hurt him as a character at all, that wouldn't mean anything like MvC since he would also have specials and such.

Does anyone know if the WiiU has any 'standard' controller options for it :/

It's gonna feel rather depressing playing on the WiiU controller as is right now.

OmegaXXII

Does anyone know if the WiiU has any 'standard' controller options for it :/

It's gonna feel rather depressing playing on the WiiU controller as is right now.
Well, to tell you the truth, so far only the Classic controller pro is your best bet, yes I know it isn't the same as a GNC controller but I just don't get why people despise it so much as opposed to a GNC controller. <_<

Also, I'm thinking and hoping Nintendo or a 3rd party manufacturer will provide one via a USB, corded of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom