• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
School here doesn't start until halfway through september,

All you starting in August is the weird thing

D

Deleted member

Johnknight1 said:
Wait... ya'll haven't started school yet? Dang, I've been at it for two dang weeks, and already wrote 2 essays and had a test. Fortunately half of my classes are breezers and the other classes don't seem too bad... so far.

Most my friends in Universities started like 2 weeks before me. Dang college schedules are whack...
I've already started school this week.
Johnknight1 said:
SSB64 had 12. Melee had 26 (plus 14). Brawl had 39 (plus 13). So if we get plus 12, that's 52. Mid 50 and lower characters isn't that crazy. We can all pretty much agree, though anything less than 45 would be a disappointment, and anything over 55 would be crazy to guess, although if it was balanced, it would be as awesome as getting an A in class you dropped (like I did in high school for my 3rd term of Spanish).
When I was talking about character numbers, I was referring to slots, not including transformations.

But going by transformation included, if a multitude of 13 happen, we should get 51-53 characters, transformation included (47-49 slots).
Johnknight1 said:
Also, FE6 remake rumors? Do any of you guys have a link? I loved Sword of the Seals; I've only played 3, 6, and 7, and it was probably my favorite of the three, maybe a nudge over 7.
Not sure where it is, but I have heard of it. Perhaps you can ask a Fire Emblem fan about this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm sorry, but the thought of Chibi Robo being a boss made me laugh a bit....I actually do want him as an AT, though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I go back on the 29th.

Anyway, this is random, but do you guys think Captain Rainbow will get ANY representation in Smash, albeit even as a trophy? The thought of it kinda made me laugh...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's what I'm saying, you should be able to choose and control which Pokemon you have on field, I'm actually good with Squirtle, but the stupid stamina always forces me to play with Charizard or Ivysaur at bad timing. <_<

:phone:
Yeah Ivysaur's recovery kills any chance of it being played solo, and thanks to the slow change, unless you knock someone off the stage, you're stuck as Ivysaur.

I'm pretty sure the stamina was added to make sure that each Pokemon get a chance, probably because Sheik was always chosen over Zelda (but that's what happens when Zelda is so weak). But it was kinda unnecessary to add stamina since you didn't have to force change with Sheik or Samus.

But as JohnKnight said, each of them have their pros and cons so they would be more likely to change anyway, esp since they're pretty well balanced. The switch could've been faster, though and (probably not) but instead of the switch being a weakness they could have invincibility for maybe half a second to give them a better chance.
That's a good point about Sheik and Zelda, but now Sheik and Zelda are generally played together to fill the gaps. Just get ride of stamina and make the switch faster (with both Sheiek/Zelda and the PT), and the multi character-based characters would be awesome.

It also would allow everyone to play a Pokémon individually. For example, someone could "main" one or two Pokémon, and "secondary" another or the other two.

That's also an incredible idea (about giving them invincibility), although maybe after you should be limited to switch for about half a minute or maybe a few times per life.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
School here doesn't start until halfway through september,

All you starting in August is the weird thing
I've always started school from Elementary School on up in August, but I got out in early June in required school, and in college I start a week earlier and get out in mid-late December, start in mid January, and end in mid-late May.

I've already started school this week.When I was talking about character numbers, I was referring to slots, not including transformations.

But going by transformation included, if a multitude of 13 happen, we should get 51-53 characters, transformation included (47-49 slots)
Okay, that sounds more "right." Let us hope the more equals the merrier in terms of people being satisfied, awesome new and old characters, and balance, regardless of who you support. :cool: :awesome: :)

Anyway, this is random, but do you guys think Captain Rainbow will get ANY representation in Smash, albeit even as a trophy? The thought of it kinda made me laugh...
Maybe a trophy or AT would be cool for Captain Syrup. I don't think much of him, and I tend to forget about him... a lot!

That sounds awesome. Hopefully it would resurrect interest in Roy, and hopefully help get Fire Emblem more and more popular, especially outside of Japan.

I can hear it now... "ROYS OUR BOI! ROY'S OUR BOI!"

LINK MAI BOI! THIS IS WHAT ALL HEROES STRIVE FOR!!!" o.O

Newcomer: THE KING!

:laugh:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Hey thanks :3
That's true, tho either the switch could be limited (but then the force change when you get KOd could take a while to switch back to your main Pokemon if you have one), or during the invincibility you could be limited to just movements which would work well if the the switch was faster.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
oh college.... i'm in highschool. one of my friends went to west point and it started in June lol
That's a summer college class. Summer college classes either have less units upon class completion, or a butt ton of homework, and tend to go from early June to early August.

Hey thanks :3
That's true, tho either the switch could be limited (but then the force change when you get KOd could take a while to switch back to your main Pokemon if you have one), or during the invincibility you could be limited to just movements which would work well if the the switch was faster.
Perhaps you would only be invincible for one or two changes per life, or maybe 2 minutes long. I assume the invincibility would be like after you die when you re spawn and are invincible for about 2 seconds after you click a button, although hopefully it is more like 1 second to prevent lame switches for no reason other than to abuse invincible frames.

And stamina should die. If each Pokémon really needs the others to have the best chance at winning, it shouldn't be required.\

Yea, I stillwant
I think they should make Roy a tad more powerful. Not totally broken and the only option to win like many of the Lords, but more powerful. :oneeye:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
If there was a FE6 remake it would bring up Roy's chances, but like Toon Link and Young Link, Roy was replaced by Ike. But if there was a villain for FE and a remake of 6 then Zephiel would be cool to see.

@JohnKnight
I was thinking like an edge grab time span to prevent switching abuse

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I think the new game would be interesting, but I'd rather see a totally new lord than an " old" one that has previously been in Smash before.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If there was a FE6 remake it would bring up Roy's chances, but like Toon Link and Young Link, Roy was replaced by Ike. But if there was a villain for FE and a remake of 6 then Zephiel would be cool to see.

@JohnKnight
I was thinking like an edge grab time span to prevent switching abuse
I don't think Roy was replaced by Ike. Sakurai almost added him and Brawl. I just think he wasn't all that necessary in Sakurai's eyes then. Now his exclusion (and Mewtwo's) may have increased their popularity.

Marth, of course, if the icon of Fire Emblem. He's stared in 2 games, and 2 remakes.
Ike is the only other character to star in multiple Fire Emblem games as a Lord (well, half of Radiant Dawn, but the better half).
Roy may be the 3rd character to start in multiple Fire Emblem games as a Lord.

Nah, that edge grab time span is whack easy to abuse. It should be either a timed amount per life (1-4 times), or a timed amount between when you can switch (15 seconds to a minute), and maybe have a limited amount of them have invincibility frames.

Meh.. Wouldn't Ike fit that description already? Like I said an antagonist to the FE6 sequel should totally happen.

I've never played any of Ike's games (Path or Radiance and Radiance Dawn), but I have heard he is fairly broken in those like most Lords, lol. Marth was definitely broken in 3, lol. Way broken.

As for Smash, Roy could be a completely original character. He could be a very finesse-based attacker, with a lot of range and speed, but a lot of after lag in his attacks, allowing him to do pretty good damage, but preventing him from doing combos with most of his moves.

And if there is a new Fire Emblem game with a new character (I'm assuming that this isn't including the FE6 speculation), look for them to be in smash, unless their game sucks, their personality sucks, or they seem to be a bad copy of a previous character in the series. (like Matthew to Issac in Golden Sun; ISSAC IS BOSS!!!)

If this FE6 remake with a FE6 sequel is true, then I think Roy is probably the favorite, but the new Lord wouldn't be a crazy guess... unless the main character in that game was also Roy. (hopefully it is!) :grin:

OmegaXXII

Roy is good, but I just rather see a new FE instead, y'know totally new lord and such.

As for Ike, please..he isn't broken in any way, he is very weak until near the end of the game, even with his Ragnell sword he isn't quite broken, but does have superior stats like speed and evasiveness.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Roy is good, but I just rather see a new FE instead, y'know totally new lord and such.

As for Ike, please..he isn't broken in any way, he is very weak until near the end of the game, even with his Ragnell sword he isn't quite broken, but does have superior stats like speed and evasiveness.
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from, but I think a totally redone Roy with a finesse-based move set with moves actually from Fire Emblem 6 would make him seem like a new character. I think a lot of people who didn't like him as a clone would really like him then, and he would seem completely new, yet still seem familiar.

Perhaps some of his characteristics from Melee could go to Ike and Marth, while he perhaps keeps some of said characteristics. Hopefully having less range than Marth, doing less damage than Marth, and doing less knock back than Marth are not some of these characteristics that continue.

He could also maybe get a new design for an outfit, while maybe keeping his old outfit as an alternate outfit similar to what happened to Zelda in Brawl.

And Ike... yeah, no reason to drop him. Maybe make him a tad faster running-speed wise (actually, make everyone faster, except Sonic; he needs to be like 5 times faster!), and make his up B recovery either go way higher, or able to go sideways like Marth's recovery.

Maybe give him a couple of moves that actually aren't slow as heck, but said moves don't do very much damage in return. That would definitely fix Ike quite a bit.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hopefully Nintendo figures out how to make the big, slow, heavy characters like DK and Bowser not totally suck in competitive play. I like playing as Bowser in Melee with my brother, but when we're playing seriously, I hardly ever win. Which is sad because, I mean. IT'S BOWSER.

OmegaXXII

Yea, I guess I would like Roy only if he got a total makeover, I agree with the design thing, it should definetly happen, y'know it looks like a total bad *** with a new garment and all, it would male him feel updated.

As for Ike, yeah his Aether needs better recovery and possibly make him faster, I was shocked to learn how slow he turned out to be, hopefully stronger but fast should be good.

Also make Sonic faster so that Captain Falcon can regain his speed that he lost from Melee.

Alts for Ike and Sonic should totally happen as well, classic Sonic anyone?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Classic Sonic would be nice, Pokemon Trainer should have a shiny alternate costume for his Pokemon shiny Charizard would be awesome!

D

Deleted member

I personally don't care what Sonic looks like. Either Modern or Classic will do, as long as he gets his move set fixed up.

OmegaXXII

Classic Sonic would be nice, Pokemon Trainer should have a shiny alternate costume for his Pokemon shiny Charizard would be awesome!

Awesome right? Think about having either Pokemon Ranger or maybe even N as an alternate, he why not have May for lulz.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hopefully Nintendo figures out how to make the big, slow, heavy characters like DK and Bowser not totally suck in competitive play. I like playing as Bowser in Melee with my brother, but when we're playing seriously, I hardly ever win. Which is sad because, I mean. IT'S BOWSER.
Not all heavy characters are weak. Fox and Captain Falcon in SSB64 (they are two of the heaviest), Donkey Kong and Ganondorf in Melee, and King Dedede, Donkey Kong, and Snake in Brawl are about average or above average.

Bowser just needs a makeover. (new make up and everything!) :laugh: Bowser always sucked in smash. His up B needs to go higher, when on the ground it needs to cover more range. his forward B should just be a plain old fashion strong claw attack without the grab in Melee or grab & throw in Brawl. His neutral flame thrower needs to cover more range, and recover his fire breath much quicker. His down B needs to come out quicker, attack quicker, and have less after lag. Also, it should blow people on the ground shielding it back a distance, preventing them from countering it on land via smash attacks or grabs.

Bowser needs to KO at much lower percentages with some of his moves (mostly his aerials and smash attacks), and his arms should probably be longer (thus giving him more range). His aerials also don't do much damage generally, and should do a ton more damage, or have a ton less lag. Literally nearly every move of his should kill prematurely.

Donkey Kong was pretty good in Brawl, and only a tad bit below average in SSB64 and Melee. If I'm not mistaken, he was a solid Fox and Falco counter in Melee, although thanks to advances in the meta game, his counter isn't nearly as strong as it once was.

Samus needs to be more like Melee Samus, have a much higher jump (she's in a futurist space suit!), and needs to be able to move while charging her neutral B. She needs a really powerful KO attack that isn't her neutral B, her down B should do more damage, her smash attacks should do more damage, knock back, and kill easier, her aerials either need to do much more damage or come out quicker, and her grab should recover quicker if it fails, or do a crap ton of damage if it lands.

King Dedede may be well above average character on the tiers, but Sakurai wasn't terribly off in making him balanced. Just limit his chain grabbing further, maybe nerf him a tad, and you're good. Also, make his up B have less after lag vulnerability.

Charizard, like Ike, wasn't bad, but that's more the Pokémon Trainer stamina function failure.

Mewtwo needs to actually be a heavyweight, needs actual range, needs actual kill moves, some really fast moves, and a total redo (if he returns).

Ike isn't that far off. Sakurai was pretty close to making Ike balanced (I previously mentioned some of what should be done).

Snake needs less range (seriously, he can hit you without even physically "touching" you, like the opposite of Mewtwo's down tilt in Melee! XD), and a ton less power.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since I don't play competitively (no tournaments in my area :() I only know a few things that need to be done in terms of balance.

Mewtwo - Needs to be half redone, he was fine but he needs to be heavier buff confusion to make it into a true , and should gain his Spoon Sword for some of his moves to improve range and help with kill moves, :cool:

Ike - He's fine, just make him a tad closer to his in game self, so slightly faster, a higher height for Aether along with a small % recovery when used, able to save the charge of his S-Special,

Snake - Give him less range, and maybe priority, but on a side note it would go perfect with his Old Snake design, as Old is not as fit as young,

King Dedede - Grabing nerf,

Roy - only if he gets a redesign, other then that let a better more unique FE character take is spot,

Sonic - less lag and more kill moves,

PT - nerf his Stamina gag,

Mario - give back the Mario Tornado or improve FLUDD,

Samus - improve speed, less lag, more kill moves,

As for MK, I'm not going to discuss that for obvious reasons. :facepalm:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am completely against the spoon sword from pokemon special

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Since I don't play competitively (no tournaments in my area :() I only know a few things that need to be done in terms of balance.
Balance isn't just for competitive play, but for casual play. This game isn't for casual players, party game players or competitive players, but for everyone. Balancing the game out for one group is just as important as balancing it out for another group.

Also, there's tournaments pretty much everywhere in the US, so if you really wanted to find one (unless you have money/school/work/transportation johns), you can. ;)

Yea, I guess I would like Roy only if he got a total makeover, I agree with the design thing, it should definetly happen, y'know it looks like a total bad *** with a new garment and all, it would male him feel updated.

As for Ike, yeah his Aether needs better recovery and possibly make him faster, I was shocked to learn how slow he turned out to be, hopefully stronger but fast should be good.

Also make Sonic faster so that Captain Falcon can regain his speed that he lost from Melee.

Alts for Ike and Sonic should totally happen as well, classic Sonic anyone?

Exactly. If Roy was redone, even people like yourself who want a new Fire Emblem Lord or another Fire Emblem Lord would at least be moderately pleased. And bad a** look for Roy for the win!

And Ike's Aether needs to go way higher, and his forward B needs to charge way quicker. Like out of the get go it should cover like half of Battlefield to make you FEAR Ike. Ike could then ATTACK YOU from the other side of the stage instantly, and seemingly limit the vertical distance/range in which you could hide or run away from Ike. Ike is all about attack. That gives an all out offensive character an all out offensive long-range move that he could really use to his skill set and meta game, even if it doesn't do that much damage.

Ike should also get his older Radiant Dawn look as his new look. His old Path of Radiance look should be alternate outfits like classic and Wario Ware looks are to Wario.

And Sonic should be 3 times faster than Captain Falcon in Melee. He should also be the fastest character in the air via his momentum from running. He should be all about offense as well (well, along with some defensive spacing), and he should be an all-out offensive/attack you from every angle character. That would be a force to be reckoned with!

As for alternate outfits, Sonic should have a ton. Classic Sonic (at least classic Sonic colors) would be awesome. To heck with Brawl's rings. Give me Shadow (even if I dislike him), and Sonic in every color imaginable!

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought i was the only one who thought snake's attacks were too long ranged!
Everyone who knows anything about his ridiculous range hates it, and wishes it was nerfed. Minus the Snake mains, of course.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who here thinks that Brawl's "Forbidden 7" will receive top priority over anything else?
I think Pulse and Minum if it IS them aren't relevant anymore

Mewtwo hopefully gets in, Roy might if the sequel is true

Dixie kong is a hopeful of mine but AFTER K Rool

I can't remember who the others were...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Who here thinks that Brawl's "Forbidden 7" will receive top priority over anything else?
They better not.

Only Mewtwo and Roy are worth bringing back. Dixie may tag along with Diddy this time, but I rather doubt it. Other than that, the others would be terrible choices.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
I think Pulse and Minum if it IS them aren't relevant anymore

Mewtwo hopefully gets in, Roy might if the sequel is true

Dixie kong is a hopeful of mine but AFTER K Rool

I can't remember who the others were...

The others were Dr. Mario, Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik.

@Oasis
I just have this feeling they will be.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Might as well bring the Melee characters back if Roy and Mewtwo get in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom