• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Johnknight

Well it's good to know that, either way I move into my dorm for the 1st time this Sunday so hopefully over the school year there'll be some tournaments in the more heavly populated counties near Detroit.

I also totally agree with what needs to be done to Ike, maybe Roy, as I'd rather see Caeda or BK because I see that they should bring more to Smash the a redone Roy ever could, not that I don't want to see Roy back.

As for the Forbidden 7, as I've discussed before, chances are only Mewtwo, and maybe Roy would return. But at best the thing we can take out of the 7 is how the original Brawl roster looked like and how it might effect SSB4.

D

Deleted member

SwayneGang said:
Who here thinks that Brawl's "Forbidden 7" will receive top priority over anything else?
Right now, I would say that Dixie Kong is the most likely out of the Forbidden Seven to return, possibly as a duo with Diddy Kong due to it being originally planned.

I can also see Mewtwo returning if we get five or six slots for Pokemon. He could go either way, it more or less depends on how much weight Sakurai gives on popularity which could make or break his chances of returning. If we get five slots, I think he'll be in a battle with Lucario for the final slot and in the small chance Pokemon gets six slots, Mewtwo will probably return.

Roy's chances depends on if he gets a 3DS remake soon. If not, he probably is not getting in, but if so, I would argue he is the most likely out of the Forbidden Seven to returns.

Plusle & Minun's only real hope is if the 3rd gen gets a remake announced by next year. If not, they are probably not getting in.

I heavily doubt Dr. Mario or Toon Zelda/Sheik will get in as I see no possible circumstances making them somewhat likely.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Right now, I would say that Dixie Kong is the most likely out of the Forbidden Seven to return, possibly as a duo with Diddy Kong due to it being originally planned.

I can also see Mewtwo returning if we get five or six slots for Pokemon. He could go either way, it more or less depends on how much weight Sakurai gives on popularity which could make or break his chances of returning. If we get five slots, I think he'll be in a battle with Lucario for the final slot and in the small chance Pokemon gets six slots, Mewtwo will probably return.

Roy's chances depends on if he gets a 3DS remake soon. If not, he probably is not getting in, but if so, I would argue he is the most likely out of the Forbidden Seven to returns.

Plusle & Minun's only real hope is if the 3rd gen gets a remake announced by next year. If not, they are probably not getting in.

I heavily doubt Dr. Mario or Toon Zelda/Sheik will get in as I see no possible circumstances making them somewhat likely.

Do you think that the characters will, at the very least, be looked at? Since they didn't make it to Brawl's roster, do you think Sakurai will still consider finishing them up for the next ones? Just a thought.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@Johnknight

Well it's good to know that, either way I move into my dorm for the 1st time this Sunday so hopefully over the school year there'll be some tournaments in the more heavly populated counties near Detroit.

I also totally agree with what needs to be done to Ike, maybe Roy, as I'd rather see Caeda or BK because I see that they should bring more to Smash the a redone Roy ever could, not that I don't want to see Roy back.

As for the Forbidden 7, as I've discussed before, chances are only Mewtwo, and maybe Roy would return. But at best the thing we can take out of the 7 is how the original Brawl roster looked like and how it might effect SSB4.
Well I've never been to Michigan, (other than being conceived there!) :laugh: but I know a few guys from the Michigan area. I forget his name, but one of the best Pikachu Brawl mains in the world live around Michigan. Also, colleges tend to have tournaments.

As for the Forbidden Seven, all have some legitimate chance, but really Roy, Mewtwo, and Dixie Kong seem like the only ones with a at least moderately good shot, especially Dixie Kong in my opinion.

I think Pulse and Minum if it IS them aren't relevant anymore

Mewtwo hopefully gets in, Roy might if the sequel is true

Dixie kong is a hopeful of mine but AFTER K Rool

I can't remember who the others were...
Plusle and Minun were probably going to be "WTF?" characters. They may still well make it, but it seems like a long shot via new Pokémon generation, unless Sakurai wants to give each Gen a rep, or at least every Generation but the 2nd (unless he wants to bring Pichu back).

And Roy and Mewtwo should totally come back redone! :grin:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Do you think that the characters will, at the very least, be looked at? Since they didn't make it to Brawl's roster, do you think Sakurai will still consider finishing them up for the next ones? Just a thought.
I don't think anyone knows how to really answer this, but at best guess, he may look back at them to some extent.

This is a better question for Hex to answer.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Why were they added to begin with? Because the developers wanted them in. Though I'm still mad at Sakurai for his reason to include Pichu; NOT FUNNY.
The reason they added a lot of the Clone characters was because Melee was being rushed to be released on the Gamecube and they wanted more characters. It was easy to costume change Mario and Pikachu and both of those character are represent big parts of Nintendo history.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I've never been to Michigan, (other than being conceived there!) :laugh: but I know a few guys from the Michigan area. I forget his name, but one of the best Pikachu Brawl mains in the world live around Michigan. Also, colleges tend to have tournaments.

As for the Forbidden Seven, all have some legitimate chance, but really Roy, Mewtwo, and Dixie Kong seem like the only ones with a at least moderately good shot, especially Dixie Kong in my opinion.

Plusle and Minun were probably going to be "WTF?" characters. They may still well make it, but it seems like a long shot via new Pokémon generation, unless Sakurai wants to give each Gen a rep, or at least every Generation but the 2nd (unless he wants to bring Pichu back).

And Roy and Mewtwo should totally come back redone! :grin:
Great, I have more Pikachu competition. :awesome:

Thanks for the tip. ;)

As for Plusle and Minun, I don't see them as a WTF character, as in the Pokemon community they're some of the more stand out 3rd Gen characters, and they're nothing like Pichu. Thank God.

As for Roy and Mewtwo, Roy only if redone, and give Mewtwo his Spoon Sword. :cool:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Dixie Kong is a near shoe-in (note I said "near"). She could make a totally excellent character, like Diddy Kong before her. (don't fight together; that would be broken!)

Mewtwo could easily make it with Lucario, a 5th Gen Pokémon, Pikachu, Jiggz, and the Pokémon Trainer, just because there are so many Pokémon that are super popular, in which Mewtwo and Lucario both fit into that category (Pikachu rises above that category). Jiggz is in the random uncle you can't get to move out of your house. The Pokémon Trainer is the original concept that no one wants to see go.

I have to disagree on Roy. I think even without the 3DS remake he could make it, due to popular demand, similar to Mewtwo (but to a lesser extent). Even without that news, he is very popular everywhere.

Plusle and Minun could make it as a "WTF?" character, but that's a long shot, and their only shot. Deoxys fans will definitely argue it would be better that Plusle and Minun (I kinda like the idea of both). The 3rd Gen remake aspect happening during SSB Wii U and 3DS' development could be interesting if something comes out of it in smash. A 3rd gen rep could compete with Mewtwo for a spot possibly, or maybe even Lucario.

Toon Sheik (or Tetra) and Zelda have little chance, even if a new popular Zelda games came out on the 3DS.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why bring back Dr. Mario and Pichu?
- Fan service
- Popular Nintendo Characters
- History
- Represent a specific Game/Gen/Genre

Still, not really enough for me.

Pure fan service has only worked for one character so far. That's Sonic. Neither hit that losers status of fan demand. If fan serivce was the number one reason for adding characters, the roster would be horrible. Trust me.

There are a few more Popular Nintendo characters left.

Meh, a lot characters have history with Nintendo.

Pichu IS the best 2nd gen rep, and Doc is one of the better Puzzle Genre reps. Can't argue with that point.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't know if Pichu is the "best" 2nd Gen Rep. I imagine that when they develop Melee they were like...

"Hey we need Pokemon from the new series, but we don't have enough time to make a brand new character."

"I know. We'll just take Pikachu and image swap him with his younger form Pichu. Fix a few stats and we'll be done in no time."

"Excellent, hey we can make him hurt himself with his electrical attacks like it says in the pokedex. That would be hilarious."

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
- Fan service
- History

Pure fan service has only worked for one character so far. That's Sonic. Neither hit that losers status of fan demand. If fan serivce was the number one reason for adding characters, the roster would be horrible. Trust me.

Pichu IS the best 2nd gen rep, and Doc is one of the better Puzzle Genre reps. Can't argue with that point.
Doc can be an alternate Mario outfit (change the fireballs to pills, but with no other effect).

If by some miracle Pichu returns, make it a bamf that hurts itself, causes insane damage and knock back, and is a freak of nature powerful ****** character that is easily ko'd at 50% by heavy character. That could be awesome.

And if that does happen, Mewtwo better return, all the Brawl Pokémon Reps better return, and there better be a 5th Generation Representative.

While a 3rd Generation Pokémon Representative wouldn't be required or wanted too badly, it would be all the Pokémon Smash Bros reps we could ever need until the next Pokémon Generation, which is like 4 to 7 years down the road. Then all the smash bros developers need to do is add a new creature every smash bros game or two... >.>

Great, I have more Pikachu competition. :awesome:

Thanks for the tip. ;)

As for Plusle and Minun, I don't see them as a WTF character, as in the Pokemon community they're some of the more stand out 3rd Gen characters, and they're nothing like Pichu. Thank God.

As for Roy and Mewtwo, Roy only if redone, and give Mewtwo his Spoon Sword. :cool:
Yeah Michigan breeds furry rat mains. :laugh:

Plusle and Minun could get a boost for being "WTF?"-esk, fairly original, and standouts. The only other standouts that could really "work" (minus some of the uber giant legends) would be the starters (which wouldn't be as interesting), Jirachi, and Deoxys. Especially Deoxys.

With the 3rd Generation Pokémon Remakes probably on the horizon, (imagine a 4th generation remake in 7 years! WOAW!) the chance of a 3rd Generation Pokémon being represented may have gone up. And ultimately, I think Plusle and Minun could be the most original, and possibly the most stand out, and "WTF?" to all those casual smash fans who don't know about the "Forbidden Seven."

And wtf is the Spoon Sword? XD

Something tells me once we get a taste of the trailer, it's gonna top the Brawl hype. Who else here is still riding on the Ridley, Geno, and Mega Man hype train to the max? :cool: :grin: :)

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
- Fan service
- History

Exactly! All legitimate facts. (Except the Sonic bit.) Man, I wish I was good at making images...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't know if Pichu is the "best" 2nd Gen Rep. I imagine that when they develop Melee they were like...

blahblahblah
Well he's an easy clone yes. But he also is someone High ranking at Game Freak's favorite Pokemon, and he's probably the most notable Pokemon from that series by the general public. Him, the Starters, and Lugia no doubt. Suicune plays a big role too.

IMO, he's the best choice. But I think a lot of people would agree with me.

Doc can be an alternate Mario outfit (change the fireballs to pills, but with no other effect), and if by some miracle Pichu returns, make it a bamf that hurts itself, causes insane damage and knock back, and is a freak of nature powerful ****** character that is easily ko'd at 50% by heavy character. That could be awesome.
Model swap Pichu over Pika, and add his own voice. BAM.

I wouldn't mind that.

Who else here is still riding on the Ridley, Geno, and Mega Man hype train to the max?
Not really, sort of, and hahahahahahano. I am STILL riding the Krystal train though, and probably always will.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman

"Hey we need Pokemon from the new series, but we don't have enough time to make a brand new character."

"I know. We'll just take Pikachu and image swap him with his younger form Pichu. Fix a few stats and we'll be done in no time."

"Excellent, hey we can make him hurt himself with his electrical attacks like it says in the pokedex. That would be hilarious."

OK, you wanna know why Sakurai added Pichu? Because he wanted a character that was "bad on purpose," a "joke" character.

That pisses me off to no end. You DON'T do that.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm not sure. I didn't really like Gold and Silver too much. It had some neat things like Pokemon Breeding, Steel, and Dark type pokemon but I didn't like the pokemon as much as first gen.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Gallowglass

Smash Lord

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Scizor would be a great 2nd Gen rep, or even Smeargle could have brought something interesting but oh well.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Scizor would be a great 2nd Gen rep, or even Smeargle could have brought something interesting but oh well.

I think they're poor choices. They're not Nintendo All-Stars. Pichu among a select few other 2nd Gen PKMN are.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Model swap Pichu over Pika, and add his own voice. BAM.

I wouldn't mind that.
That would work, but I wouldn't mind seeing my Pichu "experiment" idea come to life. It certainly would be one of the most awesome things ever, so long as Pichu isn't as broken as Pikachu is in Smash 64 (which makes Meta Knight in Brawl look tame).

@ ---
Who isn't coo-coo for Coco Puffs? XD

Actually, Cap't Crunch > All other cereals.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
*sigh* I know...
IS FUNNY YES OH HO HO.

Pichu was one of the first 2nd gen Pokemon revealed, right? Figurehead of the baby Pokemon? Could be said to represent the breeding aspect of Pokemon, which was a HUGE DEAL. Popular with fans and the higher ups of Game Freak...

It's totally the best 2nd gen rep.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
IS FUNNY YES OH HO HO.

Pichu was one of the first 2nd gen Pokemon revealed, right? Figurehead of the baby Pokemon? Could be said to represent the breeding aspect of Pokemon, which was a HUGE DEAL. Popular with fans and the higher ups of Game Freak...

It's totally the best 2nd gen rep.
Ditto should represent the breeding aspect of Pokemon.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Eff. Can't argue with that one.

Y'know, Ditto was planned to be a Pokeball Pokemon in Melee? Wonder why they didn't try that again for Brawl.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That would work, but I wouldn't mind seeing my Pichu "experiment" idea come to life. It certainly would be one of the most awesome things ever, so long as Pichu isn't as broken as Pikachu is in Smash 64 (which makes Meta Knight in Brawl look tame).
I like the idea of Pichu being able to vamp himself up. Using raindance would power up all his electric based attacks. He could easily use dischage, zap cannon, or attract instead of Pika's B moveset. Spicing up the rest of his moveset would be a tad harder considering his lack of large limbs. But, it's definitely possible.

Y'know, Ditto was planned to be a Pokeball Pokemon in Melee? Wonder why they didn't try that again for Brawl
They saw that picture.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think they're poor choices. They're not Nintendo All-Stars. Pichu among a select few other 2nd Gen PKMN are.
Scizor could make a great playable character (not sure why you would want to play as Smeargle), and could have a somewhat original move set.

However, you are right Shortie; they don't seem like Nintendo All-Stars. Pikachu and Jigglypuff had that vibe. Mewtwo had that vibe, and to a lesser extent, so did Pichu. The Pokémon Trainer and Lucario had that vibe.

Scizor? No, he doesn't really have that "vibe" you feel. It doesn't sound like a Nintendo All-Star, it doesn't look like a Nintendo All-Star, and it doesn't look truly original enough to be a true Nintendo All-Star.

Ditto should represent the breeding aspect of Pokemon.

According to the Pokédex:

"Ditto: The rapist Cloning Pokémon. Ditto spawns all breeds of Pokémon by ****** them to form babies until said Pokémon dies. Some Pokémon became genderless to avoid the ****-ture."

:laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Isn't a spoon and item pokemon's can hold to boost psychic powers?
I believe it's an in game item, but Mewtwo's version he summons it/manifests it from his own psychic energy.

For all we know it's also his signature Psystrike move in game, as it does do physical damage with special attack energy just like the game.

Either way, it would be an easy way to buff him, or just make him more bad *** over all. :cool:

This is especially possible since the manga does influence Smash to some extent.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like the idea of Pichu being able to vamp himself up. Using raindance would power up all his electric based attacks. He could easily use dischage, zap cannon, or attract instead of Pika's B moveset. Spicing up the rest of his moveset would be a tad harder considering his lack of large limbs. But, it's definitely possible.
That could work, but I would want Pichu to be a beast that can do all kinds of powerful moves, moves quickly, has legendary recovering, can KO people like a medium weight character, but has some after move lag on some attacks that make it vulnerable and is super easy to KO. It would be the character on the edge of all EXTREMEEEEESSSS!!!! :laugh:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm guessing he would transform into another Pokemon and mic there moves, no better yet transform into a smash character himself, Shang Tsung anyone!!! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom