• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just make Ditto the random box character like in Melee.

We technically gain another character as well, it's a win win. :awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What would he do? Change into another pokemon and do their move?
It was going to transform into your character and help you fight.

I suppose having 4 characters on the screen at once, along with the chance of Ditto coming out to put who knows how many on the screen at once would have been too much to handle.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I believe it's an in game item, but Mewtwo's version he summons it/manifests it from his own psychic energy.

For all we know it's also his signature Psystrike move in game, as it does do physical damage with special attack energy just like the game.

Either way, it would be an easy way to buff him, or just make him more bad *** over all. :cool:

This is especially possible since the manga does influence Smash to some extent.
If they want him to look more BA they just need his armor suit from the anime. That would be a great costume change.

[collapse=Armored Mewtwo]
[/collapse]

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ditto should be an extra random button. :laugh:

Instead of just the random button where you know who you chose when on map select, you choose Ditto, and it transforms right when the match starts, and stays that character for the whole map to really keep you guessing as to who or what you are playing as. :laugh:

Also, make it a Pokéball Pokémon where it can transform into any item, non-playable character, (including background characters?) and playable characters, and attacks at random (aside from it's summoner). It could change from what it is in 10 to 30 seconds, and stays on the field for 30 seconds to a minute.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If they want him to look more BA they just need his armor suit from the anime. That would be a great costume change.

[collapse=armor Mewtwo]
[/collapse]
It was in the manga for the record, so he did use it together with his spoon.

So at this point, give him his spoon, make the armor an alternate costume, and we got a character who could give BK a run for his money; as his bad ***ness would be over 9000! :cool:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
A lot of games do that. :V
It just sucks it had to be Pichu to rep the 2nd gen. I mean it makes sense, since Pika is the face of Pokemon, but just the fact that he was so weak and they took hurting himself to a literal extent. I mean they could've made it to a point where it was every 3 or 5 attacks.

As much as I love Scizor, the only spot he deserves is NPC (Pokeball). If any 2nd gen were to return, and it wasn't a redone Pichu, I propose Celebi (but that would take away its character to appear in peaceful times).

To give Mario a better status as the face of Nintendo, IMO replace his moveset with Doc's and keep Mario's speed xD

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Mewtwo should make better use of his psychic powers if he returns. I mean, his Melee self was interesting, but it seems like they could have done so much more. In a way, it's a shame they added him in the first place. I bet if they had an engine like Brawl's to work with, they could have actually done more interesting things with him.

And well, Melee has cursed Falco and Ganondorf for who knows how long.

Melee, you jerk.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mewtwo should make better use of his psychic powers if he returns. I mean, his Melee self was interesting, but it seems like they could have done so much more. In a way, it's a shame they added him in the first place. I bet if they had an engine like Brawl's to work with, they could have actually done more interesting things with him.

And well, Melee has cursed Falco and Ganondorf for who knows how long.

Melee, you jerk.
Seriously, Mewtwo needs to be like a psychic God. He needs to be as awesome as his Japanese Melee voice actor. And seriously, he needs a super black dark color, gold colored version, silver colored version, and armor as an alternate outfit. For realz.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Seriously, Mewtwo needs to be like a psychic God. He needs to be as awesome as his Japanese Melee voice actor. And seriously, he needs a super black dark color, gold colored version, silver colored version, and armor as an alternate outfit. For realz.
I hate to say it, but I want the Anime Mewtwo. The destroyer of ALL. The Broly of Pokemon.

Some of the coolest villains are females. Manly doesn't always equal cool. His voice is fine. -.-

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If Mewtwo had a taunt where he said "I am the world's strongest Pokemon."

Well.

That would just be dandy.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Every character that's appeared playable in Smash should stay in, no matter how bad you all think they may be.

I admit, Pichu's "self-damage" hurt in the long run, but it suited him and he was still fun to play as. Mewtwo lacked significant offense, but his speed and defense were superb (someone actually yelled "Stop moving" to me). Dr. Mario? What can I say? Yes, it was Mario, but like Shortie said on here, he represented the Dr. Mario series. Falco and Ganondorf have been properly tweaked, so I don't consider them to be "clones" any longer. If they do the same with Roy, then everybody wins. Young Link? I don't care if you have him, the adult Link, and Toon Link at the same time; the fun we can have with that.

Throughout the Smash Bros. history, 40 characters have shown us what they're capable of. I like each one of them, regardless of flaws. They've made the roster; they should stay.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
BTW, the Ditto pokeball pokemon turned into a clone of the person that threw it and attacked your opponents for a set time

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mewtwo should become heavier and buffer, his lightness was a big turn off. <_<

:phone:
He weighs around 270 pounds in the Pokémon world, yet I think his Melee weight was around that of Young Link's, who at best weighs 140 pounds with all those weapons, bottles, fairies, masks, and stuff! :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He weighs around 270 pounds in the Pokémon world, yet I think his Melee weight was around that of Young Link's, who at best weighs 140 pounds with all those weapons, bottles, fairies, masks, and stuff! :laugh:
Mewtwo was an experiment to make a light weight defensive fighter...

...Needless to say it didn't go well

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hate to say it, but I want the Anime Mewtwo. The destroyer of ALL. The Broly of Pokemon.

Some of the coolest villains are females. Manly doesn't always equal cool. His voice is fine. -.-
Seriously make him a Broly that isn't totally annoying, and doesn't die, even if he could come back alive. Because true bad a**es never die (like Ridley).

Evil or twisted goal-desiring, self or ego-driven, or rage-filled villains tend to be the most popular choices. Mewtwo is definitely predominately rage-driven, although he shows a lot of self and ego-driven and driven to fulfill his evil desires (to vanquish the world of humans).

If people want a testosterone-filled manly villain, we got G'dog... and H'Dog! (Hillary Clinton!) :laugh:

And villains can be cool despite sex, or in this case, species (technically Mewtwo is not any kind of sex, whether male, female, asexual, etc).

If Mewtwo had a taunt where he said "I am the world's strongest Pokemon."

Well.

That would just be dandy.
That would be awesome... if he had a super evil voice! :150:

Yup, yup, I like that idea, NO plusle & Minun though, they would be too similar to Pichu, we don't need that. <_<
Maybe in size they would be similar (like Lucario to Mewtwo), but they could have totally different moves, attack styles, and attack patterns.

BTW, the Ditto pokeball pokemon turned into a clone of the person that threw it and attacked your opponents for a set time
That could make a cool "guess which *enter character name here* is the real one" game. :grin:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well at least we now have a checklist on how to make M2 better:

• Buff
  • Give him his Spoon Sword
  • Make his Armor an alternate costume
  • Make him darker colored
  • Awesome Japanese voice actor like in Melee

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Needless to say, Mewtwo, an average man with average psychic abilities in Melee, needs to become a being seeking to become Godlike or closer to God with psychic abilities that make the very ground tremble to his mighty powers in Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS!

@ Omega
According to the Pokédex, Lucario weighs 119 pounds, even (so like 1/3rd more than Toon Link perhaps).

Mewtwo weighs 269 pounds even. So that's a 150 pound difference, or an extra Lucario and a Pikachu difference! :laugh:

Truly Lucario in Brawl weighed too much, and Mewtwo in Melee weighed too little. WTF?

@ Hex
Good job editing bro! :laugh:

@ Omega
Good job being realistic bro! :laugh:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Actually, I didn't edit. Apparently he hit the Post button prematurely, and I quoted it before he could edit his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom