• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I like when you post, JavaCroc. :V

Though sometimes your posts so long I just skim them, lol. You should have the title of THE SUMMARIZER since your posts often include most of the discussions of a day.

I don't suppose you know/have thought any more about Jiro than the rest of us? I recall someone (I think it was Starphoenix?) suggesting moves for him, but I don't remember much. Building towers or SOMETHING.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Having read Chronobound's essay on clones, it brings up an interesting point; suppose Sakurai added more clones and semi-clones into SSB4's roster to beef up the roster in a limited time.ChronoBound's essay is here; I recommend reading it before answering.

If you were in the same situation as Sakurai and you had to include clones in SSB4's roster in a last-minute attempt to increase the size of the roster, who would you add?

If I had to include clones in SSB4, these would be my four choices:
Dr. Mario
Dark Samus
Roy or Sigurd
Pichu

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Sakurai had best not make the same mistake of excluding Mewtwo from this game. Period.

EDIT: JavaCroc, I would have to say Dr. Mario, Blastoise (?), Roy, Dark Samus, and Pichu. I read the essay and I agree it for the most part, except I can't see how Dixie and Bowser Jr. would be clones in any way. Then again, back in the Melee days, I would have said the same thing about Ganondorf being a CF clone...

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Though sometimes your posts so long I just skim them, lol. You should have the title of THE SUMMARIZER since your posts often include most of the discussions of a day.

I don't suppose you know/have thought any more about Jiro than the rest of us? I recall someone (I think it was Starphoenix?) suggesting moves for him, but I don't remember much. Building towers or SOMETHING.
As far as I've read, the game has elements of a Spin-Dash game (Like Sonic) and a Tower Defense game. I haven't seen a video depicting the tower defense though.

Dr. Mario
Why ruin a potential non-clone character when we can just add in an already cloned character?

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
@JavaCroc Dr. Mario/Shadow Mario as a transformation for Bowser Jr. (Stronger than Mario, but slower)
Black Shadow (Ganondorf's moveset provided Ganondorf is finally unique)
Roy (If he wasn't already in and unique)
Raichu (If Roys already in; Raichu would be stronger but slower than Pika)

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
How is Shadow Mario a good transformation for Bowser Jr.? Please enlighten me.

You've played Super Mario Sunshine, right? He transforms into SHadow Mario to incriminate him in crimes. With his bandanna on, Bowser Jr. is Shadow Mario.

EDIT: I don't feel like I'm answering your question though. What do you mean?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@Java: you need a need avi. :p

as for your question it would be Black Shadow simply because Ganon needs his own moveset this time around.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

[COLLAPSE="Example Jiro Moveset by AetherEch0s"]
[/COLLAPSE]
The moveset above is just a very basic example - a not very good one at that, since it makes Jiro a semi-clone of Sonic.

As for the towers, there's a lot of potential with them. For example, any towers Jiro builds can be knocked down onto the ground onto enemies. However, enemies can make similar use of the towers on Jiro. In addition, if the towers include turrets, they could be used as an interesting camping tool; Jiro uses the turret guns to rack up damage on his opponents before he finishes them off.

Plus, the towers would simply make interesting zoning tools.

I base this idea off of a Neutral B attack BKupa gave Hamm of Toy Story in his Hamm moveset. Here is the original special move as BKupa wrote it:

Neutral Special - Building Block
Hamm removes his cork and pulls out a wooden lettered building block, which expands in size to about half that of a Stage Builder block as it leaves Hamm's body. He then places it on the ground in front of him; this process takes approximately .15 second. Although any character can attack the block to push it around, only Hamm can pick it up and throw it as an item. The block also serves as a small platform. A single block deals 5% and a bit of stun.

Now, what would be appealing about just one block? Hamm has thirteen building blocks stored for use in his body. And they're called building blocks for a reason; Hamm can stack them up to assist him in various ways during a match. He can camp from behind a tower of blocks, set up two block walls to cage in opponents, or set up a structure and knock it down on an opponent. If he wants to set up a larger structure, Hamm will have to take to the air and drop blocks beneath him, or set up more blocks as a perch from which to construct his tower.

On this last option, this is the primary way Hamm will be scoring KOs. The more blocks he adds to a structure, the more damage and knockback it deals as it comes crashing down (takes about .2 second to collapse). A tower will fall when a character runs (or is launched) into it, or when it is attacked. If a tower is attacked, it won't damage the attacker, but will inflict damage on anyone else it falls on. Each block in a tower deals 5% as it comes down. You need at least two blocks in order to knock a tower down. With two blocks, this move KOs around 140%; for each additional block in the tower, this KO percentage moves down by 5%.

After a tower is knocked down, the blocks lie in a pile; Hamm can pick blocks out of this pile for reuse. Hamm can press B again while holding a block to stow it safely in his slot, it diminishing in size as it reenters Hamm's body. If you're not using a block, you'll want to put it away to prevent characters from knocking it offstage, upon which it vanishes for the rest of Hamm's stock (all structures vanish once he's KOed). Although you have some room to make mistakes with thirteen blocks in tow, you'll want to keep as many blocks at your disposal as possible, giving Hamm more construction supplies with which to play around.
Why ruin a potential non-clone character when we can just add in an already cloned character?
What "potential non-clone character" are you referring to? The question is based on the idea that we have clone characters because we are in the same situation as Sakurai was in Melee and Brawl's development in their respective points.

I would not add Dr. Mario if I was in a perfect situation if I were making SSB4.

EDIT: @Metal Overlord:
I forgot Pichu. Adding him now.

@Omega:
A "Need" avatar? What?

OmegaXXII

@Calvin: I simply ask because people on here seems to be agaisnt the idea of a Shadow Mario transformation, I myself have no problem with it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You guy's seem like you had an interesting day. Though I feel perhaps that is an understatement...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What "potential non-clone character" are you referring to? The question is based on the idea that we have clone characters because we are in the same situation as Sakurai was in Melee and Brawl's development in their respective points.

I would never add Dr. Mario if I was in a perfect situation if I were making SSB4.
Yes. I understood the question fully. I picked the Doc because Black Shadow and Dark Samus could have non-clone movesets in future renditions of Smash. So I would prefer to keep a clone character cloney, then add more characters to their ranks.

I would definitely add him as a costume. Same with Pichu, and possibly Roy.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
@Calvin: I simply ask because people on here seems to be agaisnt the idea of a Shadow Mario transformation, I myself have no problem with it.

They dislike it because they are afraid of Shadow Mario being a clone. In Java's question, he asks specifically for clones if you had extra time: which ones you would add, provided you were in the same position Sakurai was at the end of melee: you had enough time to add simple clones. I don't want SHadow Mario as a clone, but if I had extra time and I hadn't already implemented him as a non-clone, I would add him. He would be like Dr. Mario: Slower, but stronger than regular mario.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That looks like a decent Jiro moveset for what we know of him so far.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm not really keen on the idea of Dr. Mario being an alt costume for Mario. Am I the only one who thinks it would be strange for Dr. Mario to shoot fireballs instead of Megavitamins? Unless they rework the animations for the "alt costume", which is definitely possible (this was done for the human versions of Cyrax and Sektor in Mortal Kombat 9; the human versions were alt skins for the standard cyborg versions).

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
You guy's seem like you had an interesting day. Though I feel perhaps that is an understatement...
I missed most of it, so when I skimmed through the thread earlier and saw what was posted since I was gone, my reaction was "WTF?" :p

Yes. I understood the question fully. I picked the Doc because Black Shadow and Dark Samus could have non-clone movesets in future renditions of Smash. So I would prefer to keep a clone character cloney, then add more to their ranks.

I would definitely add him as a costume. Same with Pichu, and possibly Roy.
I understand that Black Shadow and Dark Samus are capable of their own movesets. In a last-ditch attempt to buff up the roster, though, Dark Samus would be an easy clone and probably my more likely choice. Ganondorf shouldn't be a clone, but that's what happened to him in Melee; what's to say we don't get something similar to happen in a situation like this?

However, unless Ganondorf gets his own unique moveset combined with Black Shadow becoming a clone, I agree that Black Shadow isn't a great clone decision; we should never have two clones of one character.

I'd add Dr. Mario as a costume, but I wouldn't do the same for Pichu and Roy. In general, I'm against alternate costumes that are meant to exactly resemble characters who are entirely separate and unique character-wise and could stand on their own in the battlefield.

For example, a Dr. Mario alternate? Since Dr. Mario is technically the same Mario but in doctor's garb, I'm fine with him as a costume. But I don't want, for example, a complete Rosaline costume for Peach because it's disrespecting Rosalina and any potential she would have in Smash and treating her as just a skin to slap over a character.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If anyone is in the mood for a long read you are welcome to see my comments on building My Music further as taken from the discussion group:

[COLLAPSE="Building upon a future - My Music"]Hey everyone, I want discuss My Music a bit and how it should be expanded upon in the next two titles. We know Sakurai is interested in fleshing out other features and modes beyond just the character roster and stage count. One of those features should be My Music.

My Music was, in my opinion, one of the better executed additions in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. There was not much drawback to it as it didn't fail to deliver in any way. Although that is not to say there are not area's that cannot be improved upon or included. Those are what I wish to discuss here, way's in which My Music should or could improve. Some of these suggestions are rather miniscule, but little changes such as these can make all the difference in the world. Here are my first three:

1: Stage Assignment - Allowing the ability to change tracks or move them would give players more customization and creativity in regard to the stages. An example of how this would help. A player feels that a particular track would be better suited for another stage, he want's to move "Nature Area" to "Green Greens". He loves the song, but wants too place it in Green Green's track listing. Having this ability would allow those decisions to be made by the player.

2: Stage Selection Music Command - In order to best explain this idea, let me pose an example. Say you want to have a little bit of fun, so you select Link and Ganondorf and decide to go to Bridge of Eldin for a themed match. On top of this you want "The Dark World" to be the music playing as you fight. Problem is you have no way of knowing which track will play. It isn't practical to contently retrace back to the My Music menu and turn on and off every song apart from the one you want. My idea to implementing the solution for this is, surprisingly, taken from Melee.

When a player has their cursor over the stage they desire, holding "L" and "R" simultaneously will allow them to bring up the My Music screen. From here a player can change the music options to their preference before heading into battle. They can select a particular song or simply change the frequency parameters, and once finished pressing "B" will return them too the stage select screen.

3: Individual Track Volume - Perhaps some of you observed this, maybe not? But as great as Brawl's soundtrack is there are equalization issues with a handful of songs. Many of these issues stem from the volume being lower than others, while others are too loud. Trying to fix this with the general BGM settings are difficult, as not every track has this problem. Simply turning up the BGM will not work as the other tracks can become painfully louder. If you want to see this for yourself go to Port Town: Aero Dive, I can point out 4-5 tracks alone that have this mastering issue.

So my solution to this is adding another option for each track apart from frequency, volume. It allows us to change the volume of individual tracks without affecting every other song.

Lastly, as I see it there are two paths My Music will take from Brawl. Downloadable Tracks or Custom Music. Both options have their pro's and con's, but none the less I feel they are very real options.

1: Downloadable Music - Let me explain how this would work. Smash Bros 4 will have a system that allows the game to receive content such as in Brawl, extending further than custom stages and snapshots. When you go to "My Music", under each stage listing will be a 13th slot (because in Brawl the max amount of tracks associated with an individual stage is twelve) that is blank. Within it will be the words "Storage Memory". Once pressed a menu will pop up, allowing you to edit the tracks within that stage's listing. Nothing is ever deleted, only cycled. Within whatever form of storage Nintendo allows will be the music you download, they will be "free agents" of sorts that have no assigned stage. Though within the track description would be a suggested stage.

Stages with twelve tracks, such as third party stages or select Nintendo stages, will have only room to place one DLC track. In order to have more they'd have to cycle other songs out. Stages with lower music counts would be able to add up to 13 total tracks.

If the memory of the system is not enough it can stream off of the storage medium. Musical updates would not be every day, but once a week. Tracks would be "originals", not arrangements. The only time you could potentially receive an arrangement is if it were from an older Smash title (ie Melee and Brawl).

Musical DLC would be in the form of "Golden CD's".

2: Custom Music - The set up would be much the same as with DLC. You have a 13th track that allows for the storage menu. You cycle through songs, pick a stage, and are complete. Only difference is the user picks the songs they want to listen too. It would not be very complicated, just drag and drop from your computer. I don't really need to dive into this much more.

As far as track listing for non-Vide Game music goes. All I will say is if hackers can do it, than developers who are paid a lot of money can too.

I'm sorry if this isn't exactly collegiate level writing and/or reasoning. This is a subject I rarely see come up and I felt a discussion pertaining to something other than characters might be refreshing. I'll be interested to hear any comments.[/COLLAPSE]

Javacroc: That is why I disappeared, the amount of stupidity was too much. Like crap factory mass production.

OmegaXXII

Yay! Star is back! ^_^

@Calvin:Yes that may be the reason why people are against it, after reading Chrono's essay it made me think twice about clones.

I don't want Shadow mario. Jr. is fine alone. No need for transformations.

And every character has a potential to have a unique moveset especially NOOK. Even though if the moveset is generic, the playstyle will satisfy the player. *Looks at Jigglypuff*

[collapse=Nook]
TOM NOOK

Tom Nook joins the fray and..... he's dead. Lol. He has no fighting weapons..... Or does he? Like it or not, he's ready to 3 - stock Diddys and MKs.​

STATS:

Tom Nook is a unique fighter in general. He has an unorthodox playstyle. He does not camp nor does he even combo. He relies on his debuffing attacks and obstacle planting to deal with the enemy. He has short ranged, slow, and weak attacks. He is a great teammate but is he a good stand alone fighter?

STR:

WEIGHT:

SPEED:

ATK SPD:

SHIELD:

SIZE:

JUMP:

RANGE:

Wall Jump: No

Crawl: No

MOVESET

Specials

Neutral Special : Bell toss

Tom Nook tosses a bell or a sack of bells. It cannot be picked up. It's chargeable. It goes from one bell to two bells to 3 bells to a sack of bells. A stand alone bell damages 3% but it disappears once it lands on the ground. When Nook throws a sack of bells, it stays on the ground. If the enemy steps on it, the sack will pop then bells will scatter around dealing 15% damage.

Forward Special : Plant

Nook plants a seed that grows into a plant, a flower or a tree. It does not deal damage but it serves as an obstacle. A plant is a small obstacle that is easily jumped over, a flower slows down the enemies but does not deal damage while a tree is a huge wall.

Downward Special : Candy

Nook throws out candy. Each type of candy has a certain effect. The blue candy causes a second of stun. The green candy weakens the enemy's special attacks. The red candy weakens the enemy's standard attacks. The yellow candy deals only 5% damage.

Upward special : Fishing rod

Nook uses the fishing rod as a tether recovery. It damages 9%

Standard attacks​

Neutral A : Talk

Tom Nook talks to the person. It does not deal any damage but it paralyzes the enemy

Dash attack : The official Nook Shirt

Nook leaps and puts the uniform on the enemy. The enemy wears the uniform and his attacks become slower. It lasts for 2 seconds.

Forward tilt : Scorpion

Nook throws a scorpion forward. It damages 10%

Downward tilt : Tarantula

Nook places a tarantula on the floor. The tarantula crawl for a long distance then goes back to Nook if it didn't bite anyone. It deals 12%

Upward tilt : Bees

Nook throws a swarm of bees upwards. It travels for a long distance compared to the other 2 tilt attacks. It deals 8% damage.

Smashes

Forward smash : Axe Chop

Tom Nook hacks the enemy with his axe. It deals 13 - 20% damage

Upward smash : Balloon

Nook releases a balloon that floats upwards. The float lasts depending on how much you charge the smash attack. It deals 14% damage

Downward Smash : Dig

Nook digs a hole in the stage. If the enemy falls in it, they turn into a pitfall-state (You know... When some guy is hit by a pitfall trap). No damage caused.

Aerials

Neutral aerial : Kick
Nook kicks the enemy. It deals 9% damage

Forward aerial : Forward drop kick
Nook delivers a forward drop kick to the enemy. It deals 10% damage

Backward aerial : Backward drop kick
Nook delivers a backward drop kick to the enemy. It deals 10% damage

Downward aerial : Rapid stomp
Nook rapidly stomps the enemy. Each stomp damages 2% (12% in total).

Upward aerial : Upward kick
Nook drop kicks upwards which deals 13% damage sweet spotted, 10% sour spotted

Grabs

Pummel - Headbutt

Forward throw - Shovel swing

Backward throw - Common generic backward throw lol

Downward throw - Rapid stomp

Upward throw - Common generic upward throw lolol

FINAL SMASH​
[Collapse=Not his final smash]

NUCLEAR EXPLOSION
Nook gets mad and causes a nuclear explosion that is undodgeable. It deals 999% damage and takes out all the stocks of the fighter. Lolololololool.​
[/collapse]
KK SLIDER​

It's time for a performance by KK Slider. He plays some random music which causes horrible soundwaves that deal 30% damage. Don't worry about stages that scroll. He follows Nook all the time. To make it sound less weird, whenever Nook double jumps, he double jumps. Whenever Nook recovers, KK holds Nook's leg​

Playstyle
Tom Nook has an unorthodox playstyle. He does not combo or camp. He relies on his debuffing tools and obstacle summoning specials. This makes him the type of character who punishes enemies. He can protect himself from the enemies using his plant special and bell toss. He can debuff the enemy by throwing candy to the enemy. If the enemy is extremely debuffed, this gives Nook a great advantage. He can punish the enemy with his attacks. His aerials are actually moderate (In terms of usefulness). His tilts are actually good. It has great range but it doesn't deal that much damage. Overall, Nook is a punish type character and he would be one of the greatest teammates in a team brawl.
[/collapse]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
For example, a Dr. Mario alternate? Since Dr. Mario is technically the same Mario but in doctor's garb, I'm fine with him as a costume. But I don't want, for example, a complete Rosaline costume for Peach because it's disrespecting Rosalina and any potential she would have in Smash and treating her as just a skin to slap over a character.
I don't see a problem with it. I mean, they do it in Tekken and Soul Caliber, so I don't see it "disrespectful" to the character, or the person who created it. I'm sure if the creator of the character had a problem with it, they would speak up anyhow. It's a way to add another character, while still keeping the roster balanced.

Besides, I only think this should be done for Pichu, Doctor, and maybe Roy and Daisy. It would make the fans of Melee/these characters happy without them having to be clones. Model swaps can be done well.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
@Calvin:Yes that may be the reason why people are against it, after reading Chrono's essay it made me think twice about clones.

People have a thing against clones. I'm pretty sure it's because of the piece of crap roster Melee had. I like clones, but Pichu and Dr. Mario were bad choices. Ganondorf needed a spot, but they messed up in making him a clone of Captain Falcon. He deserves a moveset. Young Link made sense, as it represented the child half of OoT. Falco made sense as Star Fox's second rep.

I like clones. They let you play the same moveset in a different way. Fox changed from 64 to Melee (blaster, for one). Half kept with Fox, half went with Falco. I play my Young Link way differently than my Young Link. Pichu was a joke character, and Doc didn't change enough from Mario. However, I fully support luigifaction and "same specials, different properties, different standard attacks" (Ness and Lucas).

OmegaXXII

@Star: That is a wonderful suggestion about music.

I must agree that the BGM level equalizer was horrible, which is why a good volume switch would come in handy in case this issue isn't addressed.

As for Custom Music, Ive always suggested this, but nobody listened, just like hackers, developers could easily do this via SD card methods and such, similar to what replays and the photo in Brawl, it's really not impossible to do.

Do you have a link where this came from, I want save this idea for referance.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
People are posting moves from my movesets in this thread? People read my movesets outside MYM?

I am honored, although a lot of movesets I make take advantage of the contest being theoretical, often being too complicated for Sakurai to even begin to consider. Also, a lot of MYM sets attempt to be strategic by having moves specifically made to hit opponents into other moves, often traps, rather than a character having a full moveset intended to be spammed away at close range.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Everything but the "Crap Factory"
It's only the crap factory half the time, the other 49% of the time it's mildly interesting topics I've discussed with others many, many times. BUT, every once in a while, we get some news, and wowowowowoooow! we have something interesting to talk about.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Okay guys, thought of now things I'm expecting from SSB4 mostly:

- Character side, Starfy and Toad, mostly.Since Saki's seemingly very overrated and a character I met through SSBB, he doesn't feel that dear and longtime for me than Toad and Starfy.
Lip's being my wildcard character- a character I want to see making any kind of appearance with all by herself, preferably playable or Assist Trophy. Heck, even trophies work. I just wish she would make some sort of appearance outside of Japan, and not all faceless!

Here's my dream roster (and a checklist one at that.).

[collapse=My Roster]

Unlockables marked with +

Mario

-Mario
-Luigi +
-Peach
- Toad ( A rival to Bowser Jr)
-Bowser
-Bowser Jr. +(Rival to Toad)

Donkey Kong

-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong
- King K.Rool +

Yoshi

-Yoshi
-Kamek+ (He's started to gain some support from me, it's odd, but still.)

Wario

-Wario (Wario Land Style.)

Pokemon

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
- Red/PKMN Trainer
- Mewtwo+
-Zoroark/Lucario ( To be honest, I don't care much... I'm just waiting for Victini.)
-Victini+

The Legend of Zelda

-Link (Skyward Sword-style)
-Zelda (Shiek though is kinda doubful to appear, since I don't know what Skyward Sword's gonna do.)
-Ganondorf+ (Declone more, please.)
- Tingle + (Comic Relief. He's awesome. His game series are hilarious and fun. HATERS GONNA HATE)

Ghirahim might be considered, BUT, after I've got Skyward Sword and played it through.

Kirby

-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-King Dedede

Metroid

-Samus (Zero Suit Samus-character removed)
- Ridley

Fire Emblem

-Marth
- *New FE Representative*+
- Ike
-Roy+ (Decloned almost completely, expect with some of his special moves)

Star Fox

-Fox
-Falco +
- Krystal
- Wolf + (Declone up.)

F-Zero
-Captain Falcon
- Black Shadow +

Kid Icarus

-Pit

(Under Construction, so no final. Will be updated after I get my hands on Kid Icarus Uprising when it's released)

Mother

-Ness +
-Lucas

Pikmin:
-Olimar
- Loiue (A Luigified clone of Olimar with other Pikmin mechanics opposed to Olimar. Pikmin 3 can help his chances if her appears.)

Other/New:

-Starfy
-Isaac +
- Saki
-Airan+ (Clone of Saki, but somewhat luigified?)
- Ice Climbers
- Mr. Game & Watch +
- R.O.B +
- Lip +
- Takamaru +
- Ray MK II +
- Prince Sable
- Prince Richard +
-Little Mac

3rd Party

-Snake
-Sonic
-Megaman +
-Bomberman + [/collapse]

- Stage-wise, Mario Galaxy-stage would be epic. Better be a tour to the other Galaxies, like what Star did design.
Rhythm Heaven-stage is also better be done, as well as Starfy's stage based mostly on his GBA-era games.

- Story/Adventure Mode now better have other important nonplayable Nintendo characters and heroes as participating allies in some way. At least, make the Adventure Mode now Nintendo-like.

There... don't know much what else to say. You have any thoughts on these?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Okay this is my Krystal Character design. I'm going to post it on my blog but I wanted your opinion.

Krystal is a key member in the starfox universe. She is the main female character and has played key roles in games like Starfox Adventures and Starfox Command. Her staff and Psychic abilities give her a unique fighting potential. She has a dedicated fan base with a very detailed sight. If you wish to support her you should click the banner to check out this site. Don’t worry, the site is PG rated.

[collapse=Reasons to Have Krystal]
1. A Truly Unique fighting style with the staff
2. Main Female Character in the Starfox series
3. Has played key roles in the Starfox games.
- Creates the setting for Starfox Adventures (and was playable in the main storyline)
- Main love interest in Fox and creates the setting for Starfox Command
- Like Fox Falco and Wolf in Command she leads a team of pilots against the final boss
4. She has allied with both Fox and Wolf and has been enemies of them as well.
5. She also has Telepathic and ESP abilities and may have psychic abilities like Ness and Mewtwo.

[collapse=Stats]
Attack: 6
Defense: 4
Weight: 3
Speed: 5
Jump: 6

Height: She is usually seen as the same height as Fox or Falco.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Standard Moves]

Ground
A: Swings the staff around horizontally
AA: Swings the other end of the staff back around
AAA: Flips the staff like a pool cue and does a series of little jabs
Foreword A: Holding the end of the staff she thrust with the staff with one hand
Running A: Pole Vaults with the staff foreword into a side kick
Foreword Smash: She spins the staff in a figure 8 pattern
Down A: Stabs at the ground in front of her.
Downward Smash: Spins around holding the staff at a low angle to trip opponents.
Up A: Swings the staff over and arch around her body
Upward Smash: She flips onto the staff a throws a double kick straight up.

Aerials
A: Throws a rising kick in front.
Foreword A: Swings the staff horizontally
Downward A: Hold the staff over head and kicks downward
Alternant Down A: Hold the staff in a pogo stick fashion and stabs down
Upward A: Flips in a bicycle kick fashion
Back A: Swings the staff around horizontally

Grapple
Grabs with one hand and hold them with the staff holding back.
A: Hits them with the staff over the head.
Forward Throw: Pushes them away and then does a baseball bat swing
Backward Throw: Stabs them in the gut with the staff and throws them over head and around behind them.
Downward Throw: Pulls them to the ground and does a pogo stick/jackhammer attack on their back.
Upward Throw: Stabs them in the gut and lifts them up and they start spinning (like spinning a plate) then launches them upward. [/collapse]

[collapse=Special Moves]

B: Fire Blaster: Shoots a red ball of energy out that can do some knock back damage
Up B: Rocket Boost: Holds the staff out and fire shoots from the bottom. It launches her upward.
Down B: Ground Quake: She floats in the air a moment charging the attack. Slams the staff down and causes an earthquake that sends enemies flying.
Foreword B: Barrier Block: Thrust her staff out to create a crystal shield. It can block projectiles.
Alternate Foreword B: Cyclone attack: Curls up in a ball and flies foreword spinning around with her staff out. (Donatello’s special attack from the TMNT games)

Final Smash
Landma….Just kidding.

These are separate final smashes and she wouldn’t have all of them at the same time. Just one.

Version 1
Crystalization: She encases herself in a large crystal which she can float around. Pushing the A button will break her free and the shards will fly in all directions. If the shard hits a player then that person is crystallized and vulnerable to attack. Unlike techniques like Yoshi’s egg the player cannot break free and can only be freed by a strike, team health ball, or after the time is up.

Version 2
Crystal Rain: Similar Zues’ Training in Kid Icarus. Crystal pieces appear all over he map and begin to fly in all directions. Getting hit with one can either do damage or crystallize opponents.

Version 3
Cloud Runner Assault Command: The final Smash actually charges her staff and it glows bright red. Calling a Cloud Runner she jumps on and flies around the stages launching powerful Blaster shots. It’s similar to Yoshi’s Dragon ability.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Style]
Taunts
1. Holds her staff behind her and says “Predictable”
2. Hold the staff out over head and says, “For Cerinia!”
3. She Spins her staff over head and plants it in front of her. She says, “Hit them hard and don’t hold back!”

Victories
1. Swings the blade around her body and over her head before holding it behind her back.
2. Twirls the staff around before collapsing it and placing it on her back. Folding her arms she would lean to one side. “You need to train harder.”

Losses
She stands there leaning to one side and claps for them.
[/collapse]
[/collapse]

OmegaXXII

Well for starters Ghirahim would make a great SS rep, but I really don't know why people keep up bringing Tingle as a suggestion. :/

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just waiting for Skyward Sword, then making my opinion on him.

About Tingle,we need more comic relief characters for Smash Bros. Luigi can't take all the comedy and slapstick, ya know?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well for starters Ghirahim would make a great SS rep, but I really don't know why people keep up bringing Tingle as a suggestion. :/
Because he's the most logical choice, besides just not adding a character.I personally like Tingle, I own Tingle's Balloon Fight. But I also like Ghirahim and Vaati, they just aren't likely. One shots have yet to break the Smash mold, but you never know. Times are a changin', and the character selection is low. Still, Tingle is our best bet, with Ghiry right behind him.

Anyways, if you add a "Blaster" to a Krystal moveset, you should be slapped. Please pick something that isn't anyway similar to Fox/Wolf/Falco's lazer blasters.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
If Krystal gets in she shouldn't use the Blaster or anything like that or a damn Landmaster FS, give her something unique like have her use that staff thing unless Medusa gets in and she uses one. Anyway, I'm tired so I'm out for the now night peeps

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
i like it but i'd like to see some more Loz reps. personaly, probably because i'm ultimately obssessed with the series
I'm a huge Zelda fan myself but I don't see any reps that are really worth putthing in then what they already have. I can only think of two people who could.

Tingle
-Reason Why: Been in multiple series and is the only Zelda character to have a spinoff game. He is also super popular in Japan.
- Problem: It's Tingle. He's super annoying and over all creepy.

Impa
-Reason Why: Has been around since the first Zelda game and has appeared in many series (often assumed to be the same person). She is also has the one who taught Zelda her Shiek abilities and can be a replacement for Shiek (With Zelda and new transformation).
-Problem: She can only really fight in her OOT style and would be too close to Shiek.

On the Krystal "Fire Blaster" move. That is the name of the power where she shoots her staff. If fires a ball of red energy and has a slow rate fo fire.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else not want Link to have his Skyward Sword appearence? I don't really like the Cel-Shaded/Realistic mix art design. I want Link to look like he did in the Wii U demo, like Melee Link and the Space WOrld 2000 Gamecube Demo (Melee Link was a mix of that demo and OoT). Maybe his realistic outfit could be an alternate costume, and all Zelda characters should have that (Griham as realistic, Ganondorf like Skyward Sword) An obvious exception is Toon Link, but not Young Link, depending on who appears.

For the record: Twilight Princess and Orcarina are "realistic," Wind Waker is cel shaded, and Skyward Sword is in the middle.

Gamecube demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEF9Utdu-L0
Wii U demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk
Skyward Sword: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiB_zmJfl00
Wind Waker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYfZ_aLsW90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom