• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

army man

Smash Ace
Does anyone else not want Link to have his Skyward Sword appearence? I don't really like the Cel-Shaded/Realistic mix art design. I want Link to look like he did in the Wii U demo, like Melee Link and the Space WOrld 2000 Gamecube Demo (Melee Link was a mix of that demo and OoT). Maybe his realistic outfit could be an alternate costume, and all Zelda characters should have that (Griham as realistic, Ganondorf like Skyward Sword) An obvious exception is Toon Link, but not Young Link, depending on who appears.
For the record: Twilight Princess and Orcarina are "realistic," Wind Waker is cel shaded, and Skyward Sword is in the middle.
same here, they're great by themselves, but when you mix the two, i don't know what to expect so i'll just wait until skyward sword.

Master rapier, i think impa would be good too, but like you said, she's too much like sheik.

People have a thing against clones. I'm pretty sure it's because of the piece of crap roster Melee had. I like clones, but Pichu and Dr. Mario were bad choices. Ganondorf needed a spot, but they messed up in making him a clone of Captain Falcon. He deserves a moveset. Young Link made sense, as it represented the child half of OoT. Falco made sense as Star Fox's second rep.
Melee's 'clones' were actually pretty different among a few them. Depending how in-depth with the game you got, the differences were very apparent.

Marth vs Roy
Falcon vs Ganon
Link vs Young Link
Pikachu vs Pichu

are probably the biggest changes. Roy's lack of hitstun on moves and general faster falling speed really ruined him as a character compared to marth who on the other hand had the hitstun and the lightness to avoid certain combos.

Clones certainly are not a bad thing to have. You simply need to make them different enough in attributes with the moves for it to be convincing. Melee did a relatively poor job with it. But I believe it was successfully done in brawl. Falco/Fox/Wolf, ganon/falcon, mario/luigi, all feel like extremely different characters.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
Melee's 'clones' were actually pretty different among a few them. Depending how in-depth with the game you got, the differences were very apparent.

Marth vs Roy
Falcon vs Ganon
Link vs Young Link
Pikachu vs Pichu

are probably the biggest changes. Roy's lack of hitstun on moves and general faster falling speed really ruined him as a character compared to marth who on the other hand had the hitstun and the lightness to avoid certain combos.

Clones certainly are not a bad thing to have. You simply need to make them different enough in attributes with the moves for it to be convincing. Melee did a relatively poor job with it. But I believe it was successfully done in brawl. Falco/Fox/Wolf, ganon/falcon, mario/luigi, all feel like extremely different characters.
I fully agree with you. Hence my "they let you play a moveset differently." It's just, some clones actually feel like clones, as in Dr. Mario doesn't feel different enough from Mario for me to consider him as a good clone. Oh, and Falco and Fox are pretty different too.

Oh, and I agree with the Brawl clones. Didn't I say that?

I've half asleep, so I might have missed a few things haha

Agreed. I'd prefer the n64/melee link look compared to the recent attempts.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pichu and the Doc were good choices, although Pichu wasn't executed well.

Pichu was part of the new generation then, and Doc represented the Puzzle side of Nintendo.

Melee didn't have a crap roster, if any roster was worse than the others it would be Brawl's.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I finished my Little Mac moveset, hope it's somewhat unique. Although his entire moveset is nothing but punches and jabs. :p

It does have Doc Louis in the background PT style, and is a part of his taunts. :awesome:

Little Mac

Notes:
Doc Louis appears in the background like Pokemon Trainer Red, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye4KJ3zk3vY
Weights about the same as Fox
Average walking speed about Mario's
Dash speed is about Marth's
Falling and Air speed are both about Mario's

Pros:
Doc Louis
Most moves have high Priority
Counter Punch is the best counter move in the game
Fast
Most moves have very little lag
Good Throws

Cons:
Lightweight
Poor Smashes
Not too many Kill moves
Poor Projectile
99% of his moves are close range only

*** = These moves if connected give Mac a "Star"

Specials:

Neutral - Light speed Punch - Mac's version of the "Hadoken"

Side - Rushing Jab - Does 2 small punching dashes forward, 1st Right fist then Left, leaves him helpless mid-air,

Up - Star Punch - Mac's "Shoryuken," good vertical distance, high priority, power and knockback increases for very "Star" Mac has (extra 5% damage per), resets Mac's "Star Meter", at max power it can K.O. at 40%,

***Down - Counter Punch - dodges an opponent’s move "Punch-Out" style, puts an opponent (must be close to him) in a dazed state, has almost no starting lag but a good amount of ending lag if missed,

Final - Giga Mac - Mac's version of "Giga Bowser," lasts longer 15-20 seconds, but also Mac has a smaller hit box in comparison,

Tilts:

Neutral/Jab - Jabs forward, can be done 3 times, similar to Snake's jab, has high priority,

Forward - does a large leaning jab forward

Up - punches up at a 45 Degree angle, good anti-air,

Down - crouches down and does a low hitting jab,

Dash - dashes forward with his fist held out, laggy but high priority,

Aerials:

Neutral - punches down at a 100 Degree angle,

Forward - same as Mario's F-Air,

Up - a smaller version of his U-Smash

Down - plummets downwards with his fist held directly down, like Toon Link's D-Air,

Back - jabs backwards with his elbow, poor range but high knockback,

Smashes:

***Forward - uses both fists to hug/crush the opponent ala King Hippo, poor knockback,

***Up - rapidly punches at an opponent like a Punching Bag, very good damage, but no knockback,

***Down - punches opponent downward similar to D.K.'s F-Special

Throws:

Pummel - small rapid punches to the gut,

Forward - a very large punch to the gut, high knockback,

Up - lets go of the opponent for a uppercut to the jaw, high knockback,

Down - punches opponent on the head forcing them to fall down, similar to Snake's D-Throw,

Back - lets go of the opponent, leans back and delivers a large punch, good knockback,

Taunts:

1. Doc Louis says a random saying, Ex. "Join Club Nintendo today Mac!"
2. Does his animation from the Punch-Out referee countdown,
3. Stretches

Other:
*** Stars are also gained by K.O.ing an opponent
"Star Meter" - Boosts his U-Special, is displayed next to his damage %, at 3 Star's it's at max power, Stars are reset every time Mac loses a life, takes 30-40% damage, or uses his U-Special

Costumes:

Pink - Wear's his pink jumpsuit :cool:
Red
Blue - Major League colors
Yellow - World League colors
Orange

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
If anyone is in the mood for a long read you are welcome to see my comments on building My Music further as taken from the discussion group:

[COLLAPSE="Building upon a future - My Music"]Hey everyone, I want discuss My Music a bit and how it should be expanded upon in the next two titles. We know Sakurai is interested in fleshing out other features and modes beyond just the character roster and stage count. One of those features should be My Music.

My Music was, in my opinion, one of the better executed additions in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. There was not much drawback to it as it didn't fail to deliver in any way. Although that is not to say there are not area's that cannot be improved upon or included. Those are what I wish to discuss here, way's in which My Music should or could improve. Some of these suggestions are rather miniscule, but little changes such as these can make all the difference in the world. Here are my first three:

1: Stage Assignment - Allowing the ability to change tracks or move them would give players more customization and creativity in regard to the stages. An example of how this would help. A player feels that a particular track would be better suited for another stage, he want's to move "Nature Area" to "Green Greens". He loves the song, but wants too place it in Green Green's track listing. Having this ability would allow those decisions to be made by the player.

2: Stage Selection Music Command - In order to best explain this idea, let me pose an example. Say you want to have a little bit of fun, so you select Link and Ganondorf and decide to go to Bridge of Eldin for a themed match. On top of this you want "The Dark World" to be the music playing as you fight. Problem is you have no way of knowing which track will play. It isn't practical to contently retrace back to the My Music menu and turn on and off every song apart from the one you want. My idea to implementing the solution for this is, surprisingly, taken from Melee.

When a player has their cursor over the stage they desire, holding "L" and "R" simultaneously will allow them to bring up the My Music screen. From here a player can change the music options to their preference before heading into battle. They can select a particular song or simply change the frequency parameters, and once finished pressing "B" will return them too the stage select screen.

3: Individual Track Volume - Perhaps some of you observed this, maybe not? But as great as Brawl's soundtrack is there are equalization issues with a handful of songs. Many of these issues stem from the volume being lower than others, while others are too loud. Trying to fix this with the general BGM settings are difficult, as not every track has this problem. Simply turning up the BGM will not work as the other tracks can become painfully louder. If you want to see this for yourself go to Port Town: Aero Dive, I can point out 4-5 tracks alone that have this mastering issue.

So my solution to this is adding another option for each track apart from frequency, volume. It allows us to change the volume of individual tracks without affecting every other song.

Lastly, as I see it there are two paths My Music will take from Brawl. Downloadable Tracks or Custom Music. Both options have their pro's and con's, but none the less I feel they are very real options.

1: Downloadable Music - Let me explain how this would work. Smash Bros 4 will have a system that allows the game to receive content such as in Brawl, extending further than custom stages and snapshots. When you go to "My Music", under each stage listing will be a 13th slot (because in Brawl the max amount of tracks associated with an individual stage is twelve) that is blank. Within it will be the words "Storage Memory". Once pressed a menu will pop up, allowing you to edit the tracks within that stage's listing. Nothing is ever deleted, only cycled. Within whatever form of storage Nintendo allows will be the music you download, they will be "free agents" of sorts that have no assigned stage. Though within the track description would be a suggested stage.

Stages with twelve tracks, such as third party stages or select Nintendo stages, will have only room to place one DLC track. In order to have more they'd have to cycle other songs out. Stages with lower music counts would be able to add up to 13 total tracks.

If the memory of the system is not enough it can stream off of the storage medium. Musical updates would not be every day, but once a week. Tracks would be "originals", not arrangements. The only time you could potentially receive an arrangement is if it were from an older Smash title (ie Melee and Brawl).

Musical DLC would be in the form of "Golden CD's".

2: Custom Music - The set up would be much the same as with DLC. You have a 13th track that allows for the storage menu. You cycle through songs, pick a stage, and are complete. Only difference is the user picks the songs they want to listen too. It would not be very complicated, just drag and drop from your computer. I don't really need to dive into this much more.

As far as track listing for non-Vide Game music goes. All I will say is if hackers can do it, than developers who are paid a lot of money can too.

I'm sorry if this isn't exactly collegiate level writing and/or reasoning. This is a subject I rarely see come up and I felt a discussion pertaining to something other than characters might be refreshing. I'll be interested to hear any comments.[/COLLAPSE]

Javacroc: That is why I disappeared, the amount of stupidity was too much. Like crap factory mass production.
Very good ideas for My Music, StarPhoenix. Music was very enjoyable in Brawl already, but those options would greatly increase the quality of the musical experience.

As for the crap factory, it was ridiculous. I'm pretty sure 3-5 pages were taken up by people choosing what characters appeal to what stereotypes and what each user's sexual orientation is. Ugh. :glare:

I don't see a problem with it. I mean, they do it in Tekken and Soul Caliber, so I don't see it "disrespectful" to the character, or the person who created it. I'm sure if the creator of the character had a problem with it, they would speak up anyhow. It's a way to add another character, while still keeping the roster balanced.

Besides, I only think this should be done for Pichu, Doctor, and maybe Roy and Daisy. It would make the fans of Melee/these characters happy without them having to be clones. Model swaps can be done well.
I'd honestly prefer any model swap characters, if they must be made, take up a unique slot on the roster rather than appear as an alternate costume for a character. At least they're treated as completely separate individuals that way.

I don't really see the reason of "other fighting games do it" as a good reason to make model-swap costume characters. Just because everyone else does it does not make it good to do.

Okay guys, thought of now things I'm expecting from SSB4 mostly:

- Character side, Starfy and Toad, mostly.Since Saki's seemingly very overrated and a character I met through SSBB, he doesn't feel that dear and longtime for me than Toad and Starfy.
Lip's being my wildcard character- a character I want to see making any kind of appearance with all by herself, preferably playable or Assist Trophy. Heck, even trophies work. I just wish she would make some sort of appearance outside of Japan, and not all faceless!

Here's my dream roster (and a checklist one at that.).

[collapse=My Roster]

Unlockables marked with +

Mario

-Mario
-Luigi +
-Peach
- Toad ( A rival to Bowser Jr)
-Bowser
-Bowser Jr. +(Rival to Toad)

Donkey Kong

-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong
- King K.Rool +

Yoshi

-Yoshi
-Kamek+ (He's started to gain some support from me, it's odd, but still.)

Wario

-Wario (Wario Land Style.)

Pokemon

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
- Red/PKMN Trainer
- Mewtwo+
-Zoroark/Lucario ( To be honest, I don't care much... I'm just waiting for Victini.)
-Victini+

The Legend of Zelda

-Link (Skyward Sword-style)
-Zelda (Shiek though is kinda doubful to appear, since I don't know what Skyward Sword's gonna do.)
-Ganondorf+ (Declone more, please.)
- Tingle + (Comic Relief. He's awesome. His game series are hilarious and fun. HATERS GONNA HATE)

Ghirahim might be considered, BUT, after I've got Skyward Sword and played it through.

Kirby

-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-King Dedede

Metroid

-Samus (Zero Suit Samus-character removed)
- Ridley

Fire Emblem

-Marth
- *New FE Representative*+
- Ike
-Roy+ (Decloned almost completely, expect with some of his special moves)

Star Fox

-Fox
-Falco +
- Krystal
- Wolf + (Declone up.)

F-Zero
-Captain Falcon
- Black Shadow +

Kid Icarus

-Pit

(Under Construction, so no final. Will be updated after I get my hands on Kid Icarus Uprising when it's released)

Mother

-Ness +
-Lucas

Pikmin:
-Olimar
- Loiue (A Luigified clone of Olimar with other Pikmin mechanics opposed to Olimar. Pikmin 3 can help his chances if her appears.)

Other/New:

-Starfy
-Isaac +
- Saki
-Airan+ (Clone of Saki, but somewhat luigified?)
- Ice Climbers
- Mr. Game & Watch +
- R.O.B +
- Lip +
- Takamaru +
- Ray MK II +
- Prince Sable
- Prince Richard +
-Little Mac

3rd Party

-Snake
-Sonic
-Megaman +
-Bomberman + [/collapse]

- Stage-wise, Mario Galaxy-stage would be epic. Better be a tour to the other Galaxies, like what Star did design.
Rhythm Heaven-stage is also better be done, as well as Starfy's stage based mostly on his GBA-era games.

- Story/Adventure Mode now better have other important nonplayable Nintendo characters and heroes as participating allies in some way. At least, make the Adventure Mode now Nintendo-like.

There... don't know much what else to say. You have any thoughts on these?
I'm not sure about having both Prince Sable and Prince Richard in the same game, but one of the two would be nice. Also, I'd prefer another third-party character over Bomberman, but that's just me.

Otherwise, I'd very much enjoy this roster and these ideas for stages and gameplay.

People have a thing against clones. I'm pretty sure it's because of the piece of crap roster Melee had. I like clones, but Pichu and Dr. Mario were bad choices. Ganondorf needed a spot, but they messed up in making him a clone of Captain Falcon. He deserves a moveset. Young Link made sense, as it represented the child half of OoT. Falco made sense as Star Fox's second rep.

I like clones. They let you play the same moveset in a different way. Fox changed from 64 to Melee (blaster, for one). Half kept with Fox, half went with Falco. I play my Young Link way differently than my Young Link. Pichu was a joke character, and Doc didn't change enough from Mario. However, I fully support luigifaction and "same specials, different properties, different standard attacks" (Ness and Lucas).
I have to agree that the article has changed my opinion on clones a bit. They go give us more characters to play with, and give some characters a chance to appear who can't make a roster spot themselves for whatever reason.

If I did indeed have clones in SSB4, my choices would now be:
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Dark Samus
Roy or Sigurd
Pichu

And maybe Dr. Mario.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
I've half asleep, so I might have missed a few things haha

Agreed. I'd prefer the n64/melee link look compared to the recent attempts.
I also agree fully. I don't see why they nerfed him from melee to brawl. Why nerf low tier characters (Link) and buff high tier ones? (Falco, Marth) Also, why did he nerf certain characters to being shambles of their former selves? (Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff)

Oh, and the looks. I actually like the Brawl/Twilight Princess look.

Pichu and the Doc were good choices, although Pichu wasn't executed well.

Pichu was part of the new generation then, and Doc represented the Puzzle side of Nintendo.

Melee didn't have a crap roster, if any roster was worse than the others it would be Brawl's.
Brawl had the best roster. Okay, so I'm gonna ignore all the clones. Wait, does that include semi clones?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well I finished my Little Mac moveset, hope it's somewhat unique. Although his entire moveset is nothing but punches and jabs. :p

It does have Doc Louis in the background PT style, and is a part of his taunts. :awesome:

Little Mac

Notes:
Doc Louis appears in the background like Pokemon Trainer Red, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye4KJ3zk3vY

Pros:
Doc Louis
Fast
Good Throws

Cons:
Lightweight
Poor Smashes
Not too many Kill moves
Poor Projectile

Specials:

Side - Rushing Jab - Does 2 small punching dashes forward, 1st Right fist then Left, leaves him helpless mid-air,

Up - Star Punch - Mac's "Shoryuken," good vertical distance, high priority, power and knockback increases for very "Star" Mac has (extra 5% damage per), resets Mac's "Star Meter", at max power it can K.O. at 40%,

***Down - Counter Punch - dodges an opponent’s move "Punch-Out" style, puts an opponent (must be close to him) in a dazed state, has almost no starting lag but a good amount of ending lag if missed,

Final - Giga Mac - Mac's version of "Giga Bowser," lasts longer 15-20 seconds, but also Mac has a smaller hit box in comparison,

Tilts:

Neutral/Jab - Jabs forward, can be done 3 times, similar to Snake's jab, has high priority,

Aerials:

Down - plummets downwards with his fist held directly down, like Toon Link's D-Air,

Smashes:

***Forward - uses both fists to hug/crush the opponent ala King Hippo, poor knockback,

***Up - rapidly punches at an opponent like a Punching Bag, very good damage, but no knockback,

Throws:

Down - punches opponent on the head forcing them to fall down, similar to Snake's D-Throw,

Back - lets go of the opponent, leans back and delivers a large punch, good knockback,

Taunts:

3. Stretches

Other:
"Star Meter" - Boosts his U-Special, is displayed next to his damage %, at 3 Star's it's at max power, Stars are reset every time Mac loses a life, takes 30-40% damage, or uses his U-Special

Costumes:

Red
Orange
I love this idea, especially the Giga Mac tranformation, totally needs to happen.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'd honestly prefer any model swap characters, if they must be made, take up a unique slot on the roster rather than appear as an alternate costume for a character. At least they're treated as completely separate individuals that way.

I don't really see the reason of "other fighting games do it" as a good reason to make model-swap costume characters. Just because everyone else does it does not make it good to do.
I used Tekken and soul Calibur as examples of how it isn't "disprespectful" to the characters, not because everyone else is doing it (Which I never said). Nightmare has had Siegfreid(sp?) as a model swap and Christie is a Tekken character that at one point was literally that, a Model swap. Seperate characters can be Model Swaps, and do it well.

Having a Model swap as it's own slot defeats the purpose of model swap IMO. I mean, it's Pikachu's moves, just being used by Pichu. The name can change, and the announcer can say "PICHU!" but it shouldn't take up space on an already crowded screen.

Brawl had the best roster. Okay, so I'm gonna ignore all the clones. Wait, does that include semi clones?
I'm looking at it as the rosters stand. Clones, semi clones, and all. I mean, Melee's was better in my mind because of it's transition. You go from 12 to 25 and people are like WHOA! On top of that, every character was deserving or represented a Genre that was deserving, even the clones. When you go from 25 to 36 or so characters, with cuts, people won't be as impressed, and some will be mad at the cuts. It's all circumstancial, not the characters themselves. Every character to ever be playable was a good choice, there isn't much room to argue that IMO.

I also agree fully. I don't see why they nerfed him from melee to brawl. Why nerf low tier characters (Link) and buff high tier ones? (Falco, Marth) Also, why did he nerf certain characters to being shambles of their former selves? (Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff)
Actually, those characters (falcon/jiggs) are relatively unchanged from melee from what others have mentioned to me. The biggest change is mostly the decision to make character floaty and lower the hitstun time.

Actually, those characters (falcon/jiggs) are relatively unchanged from melee from what others have mentioned to me. The biggest change is mostly the decision to make character floaty and lower the hitstun time.
Oh well look who it is

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Little Mac needs to happen in general. Funny, I made a moveset for Little Mac, and it looks nearly identical xD. Never posted it though....and I only had the specials done, not the smashes aerials and tilts. My B special instead had Mac do a quick Headshot which could put the opponent in a dazed state.

Also, does anyone else think the Headgear would be a good item to represent Punch-Out? It would probably reduce damage done by attacks, but not knockback.

army man

Smash Ace
i know, link could've been so much lighter too, he looked pretty light to me in TP
jiggs, wow they could've made her better too, i think she's supposed to be more of a joke though.
falcon, he still wasn't very different from ganon ecxept being faster.
ganondorf of course could've been alot better.
it all angers me:glare:

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
In all honesty, you're probably right. I am basing my opinions on the tier list, when I myself don't play competitively, don't play falcon, and don't play jiggs. Too many people have opinons of things they know nothing about, and I'm guilty of that.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
In my opinion, the original N64 Super Smash Bros. had by far the best roster. Not a single questionable choice in that roster.

But between Melee and Brawl, I would say Brawl had a worse roster, although by no means do I think it's bad; it's just not as good, IMO.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: That is a wonderful suggestion about music.

I must agree that the BGM level equalizer was horrible, which is why a good volume switch would come in handy in case this issue isn't addressed.

As for Custom Music, Ive always suggested this, but nobody listened, just like hackers, developers could easily do this via SD card methods and such, similar to what replays and the photo in Brawl, it's really not impossible to do.

Do you have a link where this came from, I want save this idea for referance.

:phone:
If you are apart of the SSB4 Discussion Group you will find it posted there as a discussion.

It's only the crap factory half the time, the other 49% of the time it's mildly interesting topics I've discussed with others many, many times. BUT, every once in a while, we get some news, and wowowowowoooow! we have something interesting to talk about.
Speaking of interesting news, I thought the news about the Wii U tablet having built in memory is interesting. It is possible we could have split memory on both a console and controller.

Only reason why Jiggly sucked is because of the physics in Brawl.

In melee, she was a god

Fox didn't change too you know

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Gross. Why even bring up a Shadow Mario transformation for Bowser Jr. Awful idea.

I'm against clones for Sm4sh. I want variety above all. Toon Link and Ganondorf should get new movesets. I'll accept the semi-clones we have already, but after that I want some completely new movesets.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
In my opinion, the original N64 Super Smash Bros. had by far the best roster. Not a single questionable choice in that roster.
Agreed, no one can deny that 64 had the best roster, and too many Melee and Brawl fanboys forget that. :p

CLONES!!!! :troll:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord

Little Mac

Notes:

Pros:
Doc Louis
Fast
Good Throws

Cons:
Lightweight
Poor Smashes
Not too many Kill moves
Poor Projectile

Specials:

Tilts:

Aerials:

Smashes:

Throws:

Taunts:

3. Stretches

Other:

Costumes:

Red
Orange
Pretty good. Had a lot of unique ideas with him. I only had problems with his back elbow attack. Mac is a clean and respectful boxer and elbows are consider dirty (which is why Ayran Ryan does it). I did a spinning hook move on my character design.

In all honesty, you're probably right. I am basing my opinions on the tier list, when I myself don't play competitively, don't play falcon, and don't play jiggs. Too many people have opinons of things they know nothing about, and I'm guilty of that.
Meh. There are different ways to play the game and therefore different opinions on how to make the next smash game. I take a competitive stance to the game, but I enjoy the partyness it has to it as well.

That's partially why I have grown to enjoy melee more than the other smash games. If you honestly want to turn it competitive you have the ability too. Add in l-canceling and other techs. and you speed the game up to what people like. Otherwise, you don't have to bother with that and you have a nice game anyone can enjoy. Brawl sort of took away that multi-level appeal to different ways to enjoy the game. So I hope Smash4 is a better retake of melee and brawl combined.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pretty good. Had a lot of unique ideas with him. I only had problems with his back elbow attack. Mac is a clean and respectful boxer and elbows are consider dirty (which is why Ayran Ryan does it). I did a spinning hook move on my character design.
Yeah, thats the only problem I had when making this moveset. I may chance to that or do something else about it. But I can ensure that when I go back and edit it'll be changed. ;)

Lol. I just remembered, there was some guy who posted "Ridley would be an MK clone".
Meh. There are different ways to play the game and therefore different opinions on how to make the next smash game. I take a competitive stance to the game, but I enjoy the partyness it has to it as well.

That's partially why I have grown to enjoy melee more than the other smash games. If you honestly want to turn it competitive you have the ability too. Add in l-canceling and other techs. and you speed the game up to what people like. Otherwise, you don't have to bother with that and you have a nice game anyone can enjoy. Brawl sort of took away that multi-level appeal to different ways to enjoy the game. So I hope Smash4 is a better retake of melee and brawl combined.
Same here although...

Why add L-cancelling? Can't you just like reduce the number of frames so you don't have to L - cancel?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've seen on youtube that quite a few people want Genesect in SSB4. Any thoughts on that? I don't really like the idea, but that's just me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's my main reason for not supporting him. Yet he still has some supporters...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's because Genesect is the only Gen 5 legendary comparable to Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Darkrai.

Sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom