• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's change the subject. What do you want some newcomers' entrances/victory poses to be?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Anybody else have characters in mind that they would love, but know don't have a chance? (Let's not turn this into a likelihood debate)
Well, there's some characters I would name, but dare not show on this thread...

I can't think of any at the moment other than Captain Syrup, but she has a chance, albeit small one.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Let's change the subject. What do you want some newcomers' entrances/victory poses to be?
Ridley is initially invisible, then you see his eyes glow as he fades in (Super Metroid), letting out a loud screech (Fusion, Zero Mission).

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Totally off the AT discussion, but as unlikely as it is, I would love to be able to play as Goemon. His Final Smash would totally be Impact. He would jump into Impact, you'd see the first person view from inside the cockpit, and you'd punch up the stage faster than Kirby's Vulcan Jab and then give the bottom of the stage a nice kick at the end, sending anybody on the ground flying upwards.

XP Memories....

Anybody else have characters in mind that they would love, but know don't have a chance?
(Let's not turn this into a likelihood debate)
Team Chaotix
Travis Touchdown

Zoroark, she materializes with her eyes and claws glowing red sort of like this

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
i never understood why Captain Syrup or Captain Rainbow are wanted so much, meh..I guess i've been missing out too much.

Because we need more captains. Olimar and Falcon aren't enough. xD

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Who is Mokka.... :troll:

I'd rather see Jiro the armadillo anyday.
I would rather see the Hero of Magic Starsign. Not Mokka, or that Armadillo.

[COLLAPSE="Mokka the Huitzil clone"]
[/COLLAPSE]

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
Paper Mario: Vivian pulls him out of the ground (see TTYD videos) She looks at him, does her laugh animation, Paper Mario tips his hat, then looks towards other fighters.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Captain Syrup. Her giant servant bird Bobo (shown below) flies in front from the distance with Syrup in his talons. He drops off Syrup on the stage and flies out of the camera's view. Syrup has a lamp in her hand when she lands.

After landing, Syrup pockets her lamp and gets into a battle pose.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
i never understood why Captain Syrup or Captain Rainbow are wanted so much, meh..I guess i've been missing out too much.

Because we need more captains. Olimar and Falcon aren't enough. xD
Like....?

Captain America?!! :awesome:

Nah but seriously, does Captain syrup have a good decent chance at it? what kind of moveset would he be based on?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, i guess if it's a rough draft of some sort then I guess, but who would upload the stuff on the net anyway?, these things should be top secret, it's Sakurai's priority not to risk leaking anything, but then again Capcom doesn't care either,
Let's just say this were legitimate, what does it really change? Any number of these characters could be dropped, and any other one could be added? It really doesn't tell us anything other than a few details:

-Already stated what I did on third party characters
-He really is looking at lesser series (Sin and Punishment, Starfy, Magical Starsign)
-He is looking at recent secondary characters (Prince Fluff, Magnus, Ghirahim, Anthony Higgs)

The only advantage this gives us as fans is who we need to support more. For instance, Starfy. We know he is on the list, so Starfy fans should make it a point to be as vocal as they can about supporting him. Otherwise he could be "cut". The opposite is true too, we know who isn't on his list (or at least this version of it) and so fans would need to push harder for their character to be recognized.

I have one major problem with this list apart from the choices themselves, which alone bring into question the validity of this "leak". Problem is it is actually too small for a rough draft! When you have a rough draft for situations like development, usually you throw in as many ideas as you can. This list doesn't give off that impression too me.

Let's take Mewtwo for example. Mewtwo has been planned for every Smash Bros title that has been released (only playable in one). With the requests for him and he already being in the Smash Bros universe, why wasn't his name on there too? Especially if this were a rough draft? Why wouldn't you list EVERY character that have been in the series? We have Child Link, Dr. Mario and others; why not Mewto, Roy, Pichu, Toon Link, Lucario, or Captain Falcon? If this is a rough draft why leave out anyone? Unless this is a revised draft and the user failed to mention that? But I somehow doubt this as she was very emphatic on other details such as who is and is not unlockable.

And nothing, I just got the vibe, and I was right. Call it my. . . woman's intuition ;)
Stop confusing me with your constant gender swapping! You sir, are not lord fabulous! The sole proprietor of all things fabulous!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Little Mac: A set of boxing ring ropes appear. Mac jumps over them and takes a fighter stance while a boxing bell rings.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Needs more Doc Louis.
Little Mac: A set of boxing ring ropes appear. Mac jumps over them and takes a fighter stance while a boxing bell rings. Doc Louis appears saying, "Let's go, Mac baby."

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Let's remember that this roster will be beyond top secret. I mean, only Iwata and Sakurai knew about SSB4 for a long time. This list would be a major secret. This points to a fan roster for these two reasons:

A lack of Captain Falcon
- If any character is to be cut, it wouldn't be him. It's just so out of left feild. He's not the one to be cut. There is absolutely NO reason for it. It's like cutting, hmm, i don't know, because you feel like it? Something a fan would do?
Wierd character additions.
- Mokka and two Sin and Punishment characters? Mokka isn't the main character, or the face of Magical Starsign. It makes NO sense.

Stop confusing me with your constant gender swapping! You sir, are not lord fabulous! The sole proprietor of all things fabulous!
I'm his step brother, The Duke of Pretty Cool :3

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Nah but seriously, does Captain syrup have a good decent chance at it? what kind of moveset would he be based on?
I think Syrup's chances are lower than any second WarioWare rep, so I don't expect anything from her, considering that I don't think we'll get another Wario character in the first place.

She's a female pirate who commands her army of Pirate Goons on her personal vessel, the S.S. Teacup (in Shake It, her ship changed to the Sweet Stuff). Bobo, seen in my above post, is one of the high-ranking members of Syrup's gang.

Besides being a pirate, Syrup is known for her skill in mechanics. Many of the boss battles with her in the Wario Land series involve her using her various robots.

In addition, in the original Wario Land, Syrup has a Genie's Lamp. She primarily uses this to summon the genie Denpu in the final boss battle, but it's a genie's lamp - any move is possible with that in her hands.

OmegaXXII

:I have one major problem with this list apart from the choices themselves, which alone bring into question the validity of this "leak". Problem is it is actually too small for a rough draft! When you have a rough draft for situations like development, usually you throw in as many ideas as you can. This list doesn't give off that impression too me.

Let's take Mewtwo for example. Mewtwo has been planned for every Smash Bros title that has been released (only playable in one). With the requests for him and he already being in the Smash Bros universe, why wasn't his name on there too? Especially if this were a rough draft? Why wouldn't you list EVERY character that have been in the series? We have Child Link, Dr. Mario and others; why not Mewto, Roy, Pichu, Toon Link, Lucario, or Captain Falcon? If this is a rough draft why leave out anyone? Unless this is a revised draft and the user failed to mention that? But I somehow doubt this as she was very emphatic on other details such as who is and is not unlockable.
That reason there is solely why i believe this roster is most likely a fake, given the fact that it's the first one that been presented to us you would think it would have a bunch of characters in it, not dwelled down to the amount that was shown.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
- Starfy: Falls from the sky and plummets on the stage. Moe comes in quickly and pulls him off the ground, helping him to get started, while Starfy recovers with twirly eyes.

Origin: Based on this commercial of Stafy 1. Besides, every Starfy-game depicts Starfy plummeting to sea to start his adventure, what ever the reason is.

- Lip: A rainbow comes from the other side of the screen. Lip runs down from it, jumps off to the stage and quickly raises her stick, which opens and spreads it's petals, saying "Ikuso!" while looking at the camera. This then switches to her stance animation.

Origin: Rainbows were her main means of transportation in Panel De Pon, so this is spot-on for her as an entrance. See here: http://i.imgur.com/3FvQB.png

Also, everytime she had arrived at her cursed friend's destination, she would also raise her stick and say same words above: The stick also would open up it's petals by itself. See that here: http://i.imgur.com/DHlZp.png

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Syrup's chances are lower than any second WarioWare rep, so I don't expect anything from her, considering that I don't think we'll get another Wario character in the first place.

She's a female pirate who commands her army of Pirate Goons on her personal vessel, the S.S. Teacup (in Shake It, her ship changed to the Sweet Stuff). Bobo, seen in my above post, is one of the high-ranking members of Syrup's gang.

Besides being a pirate, Syrup is known for her skill in mechanics. Many of the boss battles with her in the Wario Land series involve her using her various robots.

In addition, in the original Wario Land, Syrup has a Genie's Lamp. She primarily uses this to summon the genie Denpu in the final boss battle, but it's a genie's lamp - any move is possible with that in her hands.
Is it possible for her to use the abilities Wario had in the Wario Land series? I remember a lot of people were upset that Wario hardly reflected his Land self at all, instead opting for a totally invented Ware sort of moveset. Captain Syrup, if she could use his Land abilities, could remedy that.

Rofl@Star

OmegaXXII

Little Mac: A set of boxing ring ropes appear. Mac jumps over them and takes a fighter stance while a boxing bell rings. Doc Louis appears saying, "Let's go, Mac baby."
Forget them, how about King Hippo, or Bull, those two are way more iconic, doc though would make a great coach or AT.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know King Hippo and Bald Bull are more well known, but Little Mac is the player character, was an Assist Trophy, and is widely requested to be playable. I'd love to see a Doc assist trophy, though.

OmegaXXII

Hey guys, updating the site with my Slime Kirby Hat design. While not graphically as good as Hex's, it's close enough for me. It conveys what I wanted it too.

http://slimeandchocobo.blogspot.com/
Don't worry about it, at least you'll always have a fan amongst you. ;)

Neat stuff you have there by the way, man I wish I could learn to do this like you guys, you guys seem like pro's compared to me.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Bowser Jr.
A rainbow 'M' shaped graffiti portal opens up, releasing Bowser Jr., coated in the same rainbow goop. He waves his brush across his body, causing the goop to vanish and giving him his regular texture, before striking a pose.

K. Rool
A treasure chest full of bananas and golden DK coins falls from a short height onto the stage, popping open on impact. After shaking slightly, K. Rool springs from the chest, arms outstretched, sending its contents everywhere. The chest vanishes as K. Rool puts up his fists.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Star, how did you get that petition counter?

Anyone have a comment on how my blog looks? Is it too flashy/gawty?

Hoenn Rising

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I saw this idea on youtube. What do you guys think of individual victory themes for each character, like Metaknight?

The icon would still denote the series of origin.

For example, Luigi would have a piece of the Luigi's mansion theme.

Also, what would you want the victory themes of completely new characters to be?

D

Deleted member

Hoenn Rising
Not sure if it's going to help your petition much since it is on a different site, but maybe Barbasol can get it to work. But the site works.

While we're on the subject of alliances, two things:

- I'm planning on spreading the Panel De Pwnage alliance to GameFAQs. Since there's already a support thread, we're all but prepared to spread it's influence with that alliance. Meaning Panel De Pwnage would be the first alliance of the ten we have on GameFAQs.

- Would anyone here like to a Ray/Paper Mario alliance as part of PCAM? Zzuxon created both groups so I'm curious to see if you want to include it in the group. SSBCandidates also suggested trying to contact the Mega Man For SSB4 website and make a Mega Man alliance, but I decline since I don't think there's much more we can do to help him as I am of the opinion that he is purely at the mercy of Capcom now.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Is it possible for her to use the abilities Wario had in the Wario Land series? I remember a lot of people were upset that Wario hardly reflected his Land self at all, instead opting for a totally invented Ware sort of moveset. Captain Syrup, if she could use his Land abilities, could remedy that.
No, Captain Syrup doesn't use any classic Wario Land transformations. She doesn't actually engage Wario in true physical combat in the series - she always has an item, a robot or piece of technology, or a trick up her sleeve instead of facing Wario directly.

However, like I said, she has a Genie's Lamp - anything's possible with that. Her Final Smash can easily consist of her summoning the genie Denpu himself. She rides on Denpu's right shoulder while Denpu jumps across the stage, crushing anyone he lands on with his immense weight.

Hoenn Rising
Looks fine to me. I've already signed the petition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom