• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For more kicks and giggles, since some out there actually believe this, here are the transfer characters.

Lyn
Anthony Higgs
Demiru
Dr. Mario
Prince Fluff
Skull Kid
Starfy

Simon Belmont
Miles "Tails" Prower
Ryu

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@SSBF
Yeah, the lack of Capt. Falcon is a good indicator this is fake, but this time around, I'm keeping a "Confirmed until proven unconfirmed." view

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Maybe "Transfer Battle" means the character needs to be transferred from the 3DS version? I don't really know.

No Captain Falcon may mean that F-Zero has sadly run its course. I refuse to believe it.
The roster is fake if it doesn't feature Captain Falcon.

Sakurai even has said in one of his fan E-Mails from after the original SSB that Captain Falcon was his favorite addition.

D

Deleted member

"Transfer".... transfer....

Transferrable characters between the 3DS and Wii U game, maybe?
Possibly. Given that I am not certain on us getting universal roster and that Sakurai doesn't want to end up infuriating people, I can imagine him doing this.
Yeah Transferring characters would make sense, as well as bother me a lot. Forcing people to buy a 3DS and the SSB3DS just for the full roster? Evil...
Frankly, I would take 3DS and Wii-U exclusive over universal roster anyday.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@SSBF
Yeah, the lack of Capt. Falcon is a good indicator this is fake, but this time around, I'm keeping a "Confirmed until proven unconfirmed." view
Not really, since you guys stated it was during development, I doubt its real, i mean c'mon, development hasn't even started yet, Sakurai and team are probably not even done planning the roster.

Obviously NO Captain Falcon. :/

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@SSBF
I'm saying it's a fake, and we gave this guy what he wanted. Scared, crying fanboys.

Bowser Jr. is freaking annoying!!! I hate the way he looks, I hate the way he talks, I hate the way he acts! He is like nails on a chalkboard. He isn't even cute, if nothing else Toad is at least adorable.
I knew it!! I got a major anti-Bowser Jr vibe during our debate.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
For more kicks and giggles, since some out there actually believe this, here are the transfer characters.

Lyn
Anthony Higgs
Demiru
Dr. Mario
Prince Fluff
Skull Kid
Starfy

Simon Belmont
Miles "Tails" Prower
Ryu
I don't believe it. I just pointed out that transerrable characters is what "Transfer Battle" could mean.

Honestly, if Anthony Higgs became a playable character... :urg:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
During development? but development hasn't even started yet, that roster is a FAKE!!!
If it were anything it is a rough draft, NOT THE FINAL LIST! It would be the equivalent of Sakurai grabbing a piece of paper and writing down as many names as his mind would allow. So obviously this would only be an indicator of whom we MIGHT see. The ONLY thing interesting if this were true are the third party selections, means 4 things.

-Third Party characters will return.
-Capcom is now in the mix.
-We could have two third party characters a series (Sonic the Hedgehog and Miles "Tails" Prowers.
-Characters from other series are now possible (Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania, Megaman and Street Fighter).

But it doesn't matter since it's fake.

I knew it!! I got a major anti-Bowser Jr vibe during our debate.
And...? I'm perfectly capable of being unbiased yin a debate you know? Did I not concede that even though I detest him that he stands a good chance and would be Toad's main competition?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Bowser Jr. is freaking annoying!!! I hate the way he looks, I hate the way he talks, I hate the way he acts! He is like nails on a chalkboard. He isn't even cute, if nothing else Toad is at least adorable.
But his moveset would be the best~

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What puzzles me is that, if it is real, why would they reinclude Dr. Mario and not reinclude Mewtwo?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If it were anything it is a rough draft, NOT THE FINAL LIST! It would be the equivalent of Sakurai grabbing a piece of paper and writing down as many names as his mind would allow. So obviously this would only be an indicator of whom we MIGHT see. The ONLY thing interesting if this were true are the third party selections, means 4 things.

-We could have two third party characters a series (Sonic the Hedgehog and Miles "Tails" Prowers.
-Characters from other series are now possible (Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania, Megaman and Street Fighter).

Good point, plus the character list wasn't even in any real order. If at all true, it sounds like a rough draft to me.

D

Deleted member

This is the roster INCLUDING transfer characters...
ario Series
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi*
Bowser Jr.*
Dr. Mario (3DS)

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda
Ghirahim*
Young Link* ("Kid Link", could be Toon)
Ganondorf*
Skull Kid (3DS)

Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Nightmare*
Prince Fluff (3DS)

Kid Icarus
Pit
Magnus

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Anthony Higgins (3DS)

Magical Starsign
Mokka

Star Fox
Fox
Krystal
Falco*
Wolf*

Panel de Pon
Lip

Pokemon
Pikachu
PKM Trainer
Jigglypuff
Plusle & Minum*
Zoroark*

Wario Ware/Land
Wario
Waluigi*

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Lyn (3DS)

Mother
Lucas
Ness*

Metal Gear
Solid Snake

Sin & Punishment
Isa
Kachi*

Yoshi's Island
Yoshi
Kamek*

Pikmin
Pikmin and Olimar

Tomato Adventure
Demiru (3DS)

The Legendary Starfy
Starfy (3DS)

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic
Tails (3DS)

Ice Climber
Ice Climbers

Mega Man
Megaman

Castlevania
Simon Belmont (3DS)

Street Fighter
Ryu (3DS)

Gyromite
R.O.B.*

G&W
Mr. Game and Watch*

49 characters on Wii-U
10 on 3DS
59 overall
Shortiecanbrawl said:
I'm saying it's a fake, and we gave this guy what he wanted. Scared, crying fanboys.
I'm only really worried if Sakurai actually did try to cut Captain Falcon. Honestly, we are more likely to get three F-zero reps then none and were talking about a franchise not likely to get one.

Very curious to hear ChronoBound's thought on this. Anyone else is?

OmegaXXII

Well, i guess if it's a rough draft of some sort then I guess, but who would upload the stuff on the net anyway?, these things should be top secret, it's Sakurai's priority not to risk leaking anything, but then again Capcom doesn't care either,

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And...? I'm perfectly capable of being unbiased yin a debate you know? Did I not concede that even though I detest him that he stands a good chance and would be Toad's main competition?
And nothing. Don't be so jumpy silly. I just got the vibe, and I was right. Call it my. . . woman's intuition ;)

Looks like my effort to change the subject has ultimately failed. And the more people who get online that weren't here when it happened, the longer it'll take before people still stop talking about it. >_>
Fake news is news. No matter how lame it is.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Looks like my effort to change the subject has ultimately failed. And the more people who get online that weren't here when it happened, the longer it'll take before people still stop talking about it. >_>

D

Deleted member

@BLM (black mage): Here
Well, i guess if it's a rough draft of some sort then I guess, but who would upload the stuff on the net anyway?, these things should be top secret, it's Sakurai's priority not to risk leaking anything, but then again Capcom doesn't care either,
This isn't a Capcom game. Sakurai isn't stupid; he isn't just going to leak the entire roster out.
Also, in regards to "Transfer Battle", one thing that bugs me is that we get no transferable Pokemon character. If we got 3DS exclusives, I would think that the first thing they would add in is another Pokemon character, further reason why this is fake.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Are people seriously worrying about that roster? Lol.

It's the first of many to come, you know. Don't bother getting worked up yet.

OmegaXXII

Don't worry, it will die soon, it's just hype speculation is all, we aren't sure if it's a fake or not, even though it most likely is.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Seriously, guys. Development hasn't even started, and people are getting scared? =P

A real leak this early in the game would pressure Sakurai to change the roster anyway.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
Very curious to hear ChronoBound's thought on this. Anyone else is?
Speaking of Chrono, I've read both of his topics (regarding the forbidden seven and clones) and I'm surprised he hasn't posted more. I remember him talking about Knights of Elibe before, but he hasn't ever really got into the debates, etc. Especially that Roy one we had a couple pages back. I think he is one of the most intellectual posters here (you are too, SSBF) and would love to see him post more.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, it's most definitely fake. Captain Falcon not being there, many popular choices not being there, Mokka BEING there. At least the faker likes Megaman.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Seriously, guys. Development hasn't even started, and people are getting scared? =P

A real leak this early in the game would pressure Sakurai to change the roster anyway.
Yeap.Which is why I still don't believe on that "employee". Besides, if she talked truth, that roster, being a "draft" would be easily changed along time.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

This, I usually save all of the fake rosters we get and I compare them to the real roster when the game comes out.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wasn't there an old poll during the days of pre-Brawl that had odd choices like the viruses from Doctor Mario and Steven Stone? Maybe this is like that was.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So can we now wrap this issue up?

Let's see the wrapup of this:

- The roster's seemingly a draft, but we can already see Sakurai has wierd character tastes and seems to not be so predictable as many thought. Also, no Captain Falcon = instantly is a fake.

-There's the "transfer battle"-gimmick which lets us get some characters from 3DS-version.

I guess that does it...

D

Deleted member

So can we now wrap this issue up?

Let's see the wrapup of this:

- The roster's seemingly a draft, but we can already see Sakurai has wierd character tastes and seems to not be so predictable as many thought.
-There's the "transfer battle"-gimmick which lets us get some characters from 3DS-version.

I guess that does it...
- Add into the fact that it's fake and removes Captain Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom